Author Topic: The Office Season 7 Thread v. black bears  (Read 7794 times)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: The Office Season 7 Thread v. black bears
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2010, 10:23:49 PM »
I liked last night's episode and watching Pam vs Dwight
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2010, 10:26:43 PM »
and Michael vs Oscar

I always get a warm feeling inside whenever Michael wins something.  Like when Charles gets kicked out.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Ħ

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 08:08:33 PM »
Wow.  The Christmas episode just aired last night.  It was really something.  I'm still digesting what could be one of the most important episodes in the series.

What do you guys think?  I thought it was a little bit slapstick...I wish they'd stick to the original theme.  Most characters have become really overblown and gimmicky (Dwight and Kevin come to mind right away).  I dunno.  It seems like the show which once rooted its humor in awkwardness is gone.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 08:10:48 PM »
I think it's still brilliant.

Deal with it.

Offline Scurvy!Dreams

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2010, 08:17:12 PM »
I stopped watching this season, as the show has sucked since the baby was born. Heard good things about the xmas show though, I think I'll check it out.

Oh well, we'll always have seasons 2-5.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2010, 08:30:23 PM »
I stopped watching this season, as the show has sucked since the baby was born. Heard good things about the xmas show though, I think I'll check it out.

Oh well, we'll always have seasons 2-5.
You should!  The second half of season 6 was one of the worst things ever aired on television, but season 7 is more like a season 5 -- there are some terrible episodes, but some gems.  I would definitely check it out.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2010, 08:47:32 PM »
I'm copy-pasting this post I made at 5/8 because I have no desire to re-articulate my thoughts:

So I watched a random episode recently. I don't watch The Office regularly; I've seen maybe 20 or so episodes all told. I don't like it as much as the original, but it's OK. It was good in a different way.

So anyways it was called "China" I think - and Michael was all worried about China taking over the world because of a news article he read. I thought "Oh good, this has potential, given his tendencies of xenophobia and oversimplification". But it turned out it was mostly about this retarded bluff by Pam about something to do with building regulations. And then at the end Michael made a big speech about multiculturalism.

wut

I laughed once.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2010, 07:21:50 AM »
overall I think the show has come down a bit from earlier seasons, but the Christmas episode was freaking awesome :lol Nice to see Dwight get over on Jim for once.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2010, 09:52:58 AM »
Just watched the Christmas episode.

Don't know what to think.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2010, 10:08:26 AM »
How can you call seasons of the show that weren't season 4 terrible?

Been following this show since its started and I still love it.  I'll watch the xmas episode on hulu in a bit and let you all know my thoughts.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2011, 12:45:39 PM »
Anyone been keeping up with the season? Thursday's episode was Michael Scott's last. :( I really liked it though, thought it was a good ending for that character. Really wish Steve Carell stayed on though...

I don't like Will Ferrel's character, but I'm pretty sure he is just a temporary one.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2011, 01:34:46 AM »

Been following this show since its started and I still love it.  I'll watch the xmas episode on hulu in a bit and let you all know my thoughts.

This is how I view the Office.

I thought everything up to season 4 was good. Season 5 was pretty bleh. I had no interest in season 6.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2011, 12:18:46 PM »

This is how I view the Office.

I thought everything up to season 4 was good. Season 5 was pretty bleh. I had no interest in season 6.
^ This exactly.  You get it!

And now that Michael is gone...well, I don't know if they're gonna get through season 8 without getting canceled.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2011, 12:22:31 PM »
The Office is a wonderful show.

I'm copy-pasting this post I made at 5/8 because I have no desire to re-articulate my thoughts:

why do you exist

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2016, 08:59:54 AM »
Using this thread as the official Office thread. I wrapped up the series last night for the second time. I hadn't watched anything since season 6 since watching it when it ran on TV.

I definitely didn't hate the last seasons as much as I did when they aired. I actually really liked the majority of season 8, and the only truly annoying thing about season 9 was how they handled Andy. Great show. Great cast. Seriously awesome given how long it was on. I would have loved for the Schrute Farms spin off to have been given a green light.