Author Topic: Arrest warrant for Dick Cheney??  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Arrest warrant for Dick Cheney??
« on: December 02, 2010, 02:40:51 PM »
I have been looking around and can't find much. All the articles say the same thing...

https://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/12/today-in-inevitability-dick-cheney-to-be-charged-with-crime.html

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Arrest warrant for Dick Cheney??
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 03:05:13 PM »
Interesting. I wonder how that will the rest of the Sith. Wait, wrong emperor.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 03:14:40 PM »
Honestly, who cares what the Nigerians want.  We're not going to let a former vice president get arrested for bilking people out of billions of dollars. Unless some Nigerian chick was blowing him, he's unprosecutable. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TL

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 02:27:03 PM »
It's amazing that, with all of the terrible, highly illegal things the man has done, it takes Nigeria to finally try to hold him accountable.

Sadly, nothing will come of it, but at least they're trying.

Offline keysmann

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 02:26:34 PM »
It's amazing that, with all of the terrible, highly illegal things the man has done, it takes Nigeria to finally try to hold him accountable.

Name all the things Cheney did that were highly illegal. You didn't think you were going to do a drive-by remark like that and not be called on it did you?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 04:02:39 PM »
Something tells me I'm going to regret even bothering, but I'll bite. 

The obvious and plainly indictable one is outing an intelligence agent with non-official cover.  If you or I did that, we'd be in some hidden cell somewhere in Leavenworth for treason, and rightfully so.  And unless you can honestly say that you knew what Brewster Jennings & Associates was before this thing happened, don't bother trying to say that she was no longer a spook. 

To be honest, though,  the man was able to keep his dealings right on the cusp of legality, and while it's pretty easy to look at him and say he's a criminal based on a common sense view of his actions, actually proving so would be insanely difficult.  Determining which of his actions actually constitute a crime would involve parsing the various nuances of the law and right or wrong with the same skill that he implemented in determining his actions.  Not a particularly fun pastime, in my opinion. 

I will offer up an idea, though.   The majority of politicians in Washington will never be indicted for anything.  Yet I think we will all agree that they're almost universally crooks.  To assume that all of the acts a person committed in office were legal because none were ever proven to be a crime would be monumentally naive. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 05:25:58 PM »

Name all the things Cheney did that were highly illegal. You didn't think you were going to do a drive-by remark like that and not be called on it did you?

Wow, you want a list of all of them? Don't ask for much, do you?

But what Barto said about the intelligence agent speaks volumes.

Oh, and he shot a man in the face and didn't even get a slap on the hand. If that were you or me, we'd be in prison for assault and battery at the LEAST. As it was, the man he shot apologized to HIM. Weird

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 08:26:35 PM »

Oh, and he shot a man in the face and didn't even get a slap on the hand. If that were you or me, we'd be in prison for assault and battery at the LEAST. As it was, the man he shot apologized to HIM. Weird

I often wonder how many bullets that guy would've been hit with if he accidentally shot DC

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 11:54:46 PM »

Lol pretty sure they just wanted the bribe money.

wtf is the internet?

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 07:54:04 AM »
What?  It's not against the law to be a Dick.  :neverusethis:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 07:16:17 PM »
Republicans, they love Dick but hate homosexuals.

wtf is the internet?