Author Topic: THE Tool Thread  (Read 86298 times)

Offline ACID_FOX

• DTF's Offical Arctic Monkeys Fanboy.
  • But You're Just Fiction, And I'm A Twisted Boy.
Re: THE Tool Thread
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2011, 12:21:33 PM »
I only just started listening to his Puscifer stuff after getting put off by the album artwork and overall image, but it's pretty fucking good. Found it interesting how he has a song called "Moma Sed" which is very similar to Mama Said by Metallica.
I only like ablums that I can xanascholithoun.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2011, 01:42:03 PM »
... the Metallica song is really awful. not seeing the comparison. do they have a similar acoustic riff or something? same key? the lyrics certainly aren't alike.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #212 on: December 14, 2011, 02:00:08 PM »
I only just started listening to his Puscifer stuff after getting put off by the album artwork and overall image, but it's pretty fucking good. Found it interesting how he has a song called "Moma Sed" which is very similar to Mama Said by Metallica.

For the longest time, I never took Puscifer seriously, and just for the hell of it I picked up Conditions of My parole and I honestly
love it.

My favorite tracks are the title track, Oceans and Horizons.

It really is a solid album and quite a pleasant surprise.

Offline Metal

« Reply #213 on: December 14, 2011, 03:04:26 PM »
Some of Maynard's solo work is alright.  I've listened to most of the material he's put out in the last few years, and have enjoyed the majority of what I've heard.  However, it still doesn't satisfy me like Tool's music does.  His voice and lyrics are great, but keep in mind that he has been interviewed and basically said that the other 3 guys write almost all of the material, then he may rearrange it somewhat, and layer his vocals on top of the almost fully perfected pieces right before the recording.  It isn't so much that Tool isn't Tool without Maynard, as it is that Maynard doesn't seem to reach his full potential without Tool.
Don't know where you live, but if your ever in Berkeley, dinner's on me.  Thanks man!!!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #214 on: December 16, 2011, 08:45:31 AM »
I need to vent for a second.

Just got my tickets for the January show and I just want to say that ticketmaster/livenation sucks.

I had 3 computers out at exactly 10am when the tickets went on sale and selected 2 tickets at best available/ any price, and 

This is what popped up on all 3 computers.

I tried every variation and still no luck.

after waiting 40 minutes of trying multiple times I was able to finally get tickets. Almost the very last row of the venue and the tickets were still in the most expensive tier, $89 dollars.

super lame, but at least I will get to see them.  :tup

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #215 on: December 16, 2011, 09:05:03 AM »

Just got my tickets for the January show and I just want to say that ticketmaster/livenation sucks.

I had 3 computers out at exactly 10am when the tickets went on sale and selected 2 tickets at best available/ any price, and 

after waiting 40 minutes of trying multiple times I was able to finally get tickets. Almost the very last row of the venue and the tickets were still in the most expensive tier, $89 dollars.

super lame, but at least I will get to see them.

Damn. They're $75 here
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #216 on: December 16, 2011, 09:49:20 AM »

super lame, but at least I will get to see them.  :tup
Had the same experience,  but with a non-TM outlet.  With AXS,  they dump everybody into a virtual waiting room, and then randomly assign slots in the line.  With 4 computers,  it was 10 minutes before any of us got an opportunity to buy tickets,  and we're in nosebleed, as well.  The other three never got the opportunity to buy our required 4 seats. 

Strangely,  I was actually cursing that we didn't have TM, for a change.  At least with TM,  they can accommodate all the traffic without having to queue everybody up for half an hour. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #217 on: December 16, 2011, 07:47:49 PM »
Got mine. No GA, it's floor seats but I got Row 13 seats 11-10 and 14-15.  Not bad I think, now can't wait.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2011, 03:16:50 PM »
This is my first post here in prolly over a year... funny how I'm so excited to see Tool that I came back on the site to see if they were being discussed and the thread that I made is on the front page. :metal

Anyway,

FEBRUARY 1ST CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH SECTION 120 ME AND TEN FRIENDS ARE GOING HOLY FUCK IT WILL BE AMAZING.

Carry on.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2011, 04:19:04 PM »
Fuck you dude. Post here more frequently  ;)
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #220 on: December 18, 2011, 06:33:37 PM »
Wow, tickets have been on sale for 48 hours and my venue is already SOLD OUT.

Not that I'm surprised, but I'm just glad I didn't dilly daddle.

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #221 on: December 18, 2011, 07:14:11 PM »
fuck, tickets sold out within 30 minutes of going on sale....oh well, maybe I'll see symphony x :P

Kosmo

« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2011, 12:51:15 AM »
...oh well, maybe I'll see symphony x :P
I'm so sorry for you man.   :-\

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #223 on: December 19, 2011, 03:15:02 AM »

:lol
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #224 on: December 19, 2011, 06:27:34 AM »
UK dates please. Haven't seen these guys since 2006.

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #225 on: December 19, 2011, 12:02:30 PM »
UK dates please. Haven't seen these guys ever.

Offline ACID_FOX

• DTF's Offical Arctic Monkeys Fanboy.
  • But You're Just Fiction, And I'm A Twisted Boy.
« Reply #226 on: December 19, 2011, 12:24:12 PM »
I only like ablums that I can xanascholithoun.

Offline krands85

Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline DarkEternalNight

• I take the "the" out of psychotherapist
  • GODDDD ISSSS DEAAADDDD
« Reply #228 on: December 19, 2011, 04:23:55 PM »
I have yet to see ticket info for the Charlotte show :(

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #229 on: December 19, 2011, 04:36:20 PM »

Is there a Charlotte show listed?

Offline DarkEternalNight

• I take the "the" out of psychotherapist
  • GODDDD ISSSS DEAAADDDD
« Reply #230 on: December 19, 2011, 05:18:52 PM »
Yep, February 4th.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #231 on: December 22, 2011, 09:40:53 AM »
Just had a repeat occurrence of the last Friday onsale for the recently announced second Dallas date.  Despite having five computers in the queue,  only two of them were offered tickets,  and in both cases they were upper 400s.  This is actually the first time I've lamented not having TM sale the tickets.  While I think they suck,  I've usually been able to do alright. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline aparadoxindeed

• Guitarist, Songwriter, All-Around Music Nerd
« Reply #232 on: January 01, 2012, 12:59:01 PM »
Anybody else going to see these guys in Boston?  I was luckily able to get a ticket before they sold out!

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #233 on: January 07, 2012, 08:35:39 PM »
Hello fellow DTF members!

So, I am a relatively new TOOL fan, and I especially like Lateralus and Aenima. I have been listening to them a lot the last couple weeks and so I was excited to see that TOOL would be coming to Bojangles Coliseum in Charlotte, NC on Feb. 4, only 2 hours from my house. I just had a couple questions which I hoped you good people could help answer for me.

1. How much have you guys paid for tool concert tickets in the past?
2. Is the tool show really as incredible as most say it is? What was your experience like?
3. There aren't a lot of good seats left in the box office, so I am planning on buying from the re-sale service of ticketliquidator. Have you ever used this before, had any problems with it?

Needless to say, I am very excited about this show and I would greatly appreciate any answers/advice.

Thanks!
Seneca
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #234 on: January 08, 2012, 12:07:15 PM »
I've only seen Tool once (two summers ago) but I'll gladly answer these questions for you mang.

1. My friend and I ended up getting re-sale tickets for about $276 each (we got really, really fucking good seats.)
2. Yes, Tool's live performance is absolutely out of this world. You can't quite compare it to anything else, since they really do go above and beyond to make the show an experience. When I saw them, they had all the elements I had hoped for. Cool visuals and LASERS, excellent sounding quality and a very ominous stage presence.
3. Never used Ticketliquidator. We used whatever site that Ticketmaster sponsors for getting third party tickets. Hence the outrageous price we payed.

Goodluck on getting tickets mang, and I hope you have a good time. Tool are one of the best concerts I've ever been to.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #235 on: January 08, 2012, 01:05:54 PM »

but symphony x are better than a 4 outta 10 live...or at least i assume they are. they better be, fuck, as i plan on getting tix

• DT.net Member
« Reply #236 on: January 08, 2012, 01:23:10 PM »
^Seen 'em both. Even though I saw Symphony X play at this place in Dallas called Bronco Bowl (a hybrid bowling alley/pool hall/music venue which is about twice the size of the House of Blues in New Orleans by itself not counting the area occupied by the bowling alley and pool hall), I liked it much better than Tool which I saw at the Centroplex in Baton Rouge, a more traditional arena where the LSU Tigers basketball team plays.

I would've liked it better had they not had all the pageantry between songs. I know that's what makes some folks really dig it but it got very old very quickly (for me at least) to have constant synthesizer-dominant "atmospheric" interludes that have nothing to do with any of their actual music while lasers and smoke aimlessly meander about. Add to that, the fact that they played not even one song from either Undertow or Opiate yet had at least 20 minutes of show time to waste on the LSD-pandering nonsense and it was $60 right down the drain for this cat.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #237 on: January 09, 2012, 05:57:49 PM »
I've only seen Tool once (two summers ago) but I'll gladly answer these questions for you mang.

1. My friend and I ended up getting re-sale tickets for about $276 each (we got really, really fucking good seats.)
2. Yes, Tool's live performance is absolutely out of this world. You can't quite compare it to anything else, since they really do go above and beyond to make the show an experience. When I saw them, they had all the elements I had hoped for. Cool visuals and LASERS, excellent sounding quality and a very ominous stage presence.
3. Never used Ticketliquidator. We used whatever site that Ticketmaster sponsors for getting third party tickets. Hence the outrageous price we payed.

Goodluck on getting tickets mang, and I hope you have a good time. Tool are one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Thanks a lot for the reply! I am really looking forward to this.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #238 on: January 15, 2012, 01:11:39 PM »
Wow.  That's quite a setlist. 

Hooker With A Penis
    Jambi
    Stinkfist
    Ticks & Leeches
    Pushit
    Schism
    Intension
    Forty-Six & 2
    Lateralus
    The Pot
    Ænema

E.F. Benson

Offline Toolgirly

• Super Lurker Girly
« Reply #239 on: January 15, 2012, 01:25:36 PM »

Hooker With A Penis
    Jambi
    Stinkfist
    Ticks & Leeches
    Pushit
    Schism
    Intension
    Forty-Six & 2
    Lateralus
    The Pot
    Ænema

Yeah, no shit. Can't wait.
~Judge not lest ye be judged. Unless you are in a desolate valley filled with drunk and irrational knuckle dragging apes with shaved heads and PMS. Then feel free to cast the first of many stones. Amen ~MJK~

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #240 on: January 15, 2012, 01:38:59 PM »
Check stubhub. Charlotte show tickets are about $80 ("worst ones") on there. (Of course, you're still going to a Tool show, so "worst" is virtually nonexistant).

Charlotte is only 2 hrs away from me. I hope I get to go.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #241 on: January 15, 2012, 01:40:26 PM »

Hooker With A Penis
    Jambi
    Stinkfist
    Ticks & Leeches
    Pushit
    Schism
    Intension
    Forty-Six & 2
    Lateralus
    The Pot
    Ænema

WTF? Are songs from Undertow retired permanently?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #242 on: January 15, 2012, 01:45:27 PM »
My brother was at the Reno show, posted lots of great pics of the stage.  It looks fucking insane.  He said they were tight as fuck, and that it was a great show.  The one thing he didn't do was let me in on the fact that he was going to the show so I could've gone too, but seeing that I had no idea they were playing, a little heads up would have been appreciated.  Thanks bro, love you too.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #243 on: January 15, 2012, 05:09:25 PM »

Hooker With A Penis
    Jambi
    Stinkfist
    Ticks & Leeches
    Pushit
    Schism
    Intension
    Forty-Six & 2
    Lateralus
    The Pot
    Ænema

WTF? Are songs from Undertow retired permanently?
They mights put one or two in for encore
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #244 on: January 15, 2012, 05:13:57 PM »
Man, this forum really needs spoiler tags.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.