Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 12560 times)

Offline MajorMatt

• DT.net Member
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2011, 06:58:19 PM »
Don't you just love insomnia?

Offline Vivace

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2011, 08:40:18 AM »
Funny in finding this thread yesterday. I had a dream last night that was kinda neat. I don't remember too much but I do remember that I did "adjust" a few things during the dream. I was arrested for attempting to steal from an ATM machine, however I was only an accomplice who was covering for a friend who did the actual hacking of the ATM. I got a arrested by someone I think I knew, but I never got the chance to figure this out. She brought me to a jail cell and I walked in. Inside was a rather large room but it was old, dungeon like, no furniture, or even a bed, dusty, white and spartan, one old barred window. I did not want to be in there. So what I did was I added a room with color. I have no idea how I did it, this room just suddenly appeared. It was lavishly furnished with leather chairs and a tv and a pool table. A few minutes after this a cat and a dog appear and I started to play with them. I was loving every minute of this. unfortunately I woke up a few minutes after this and was unable to return to it.  
"What kind of Jedis are these? Guardians of peace and justice my ass!"

"Ha ha! You fool! My Kung Fu is also big for have been trained in your Jedi arts why not!"

Offline True Death of Life

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2011, 07:38:48 PM »
When my mom woke me up this morning, I remember having that feeling that I did NOT want to wake up because my dream was just that awesome. After I finally got up, I couldn't remember what it was about (but really made no effort to) until I was eating breakfast and remembered that I had been eating dinner with George Carlin.

I don't remember details, but who cares?

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2011, 07:43:06 PM »

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2011, 07:45:40 PM »
When my mom woke me up this morning, I remember having that feeling that I did NOT want to wake up because my dream was just that awesome. After I finally got up, I couldn't remember what it was about (but really made no effort to) until I was eating breakfast and remembered that I had been eating dinner with George Carlin.

Yeah, usually if I've had a really good dream I would just lay in bed for an hour reveling in the beauty of it and imagining what would happen next.

Dinner with George Carlin?   :lol

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2011, 07:47:43 PM »
YOU'D BETTER BELIEVE IT

I have no idea how he appeared. But I'm not complaining.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2011, 08:01:35 PM »
George Carlin is the one person in the world that I would give up my life to have dinner with.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2011, 08:05:14 PM »
Him and Devy. Cole and I had a full-blown convo about whether we'd rather had dinner with James Hetfield or Devy. Both being die-hard Metallica fans,

we both picked Devy in a heartbeat. :lol

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2011, 08:06:48 PM »
I'd have dinner with Hetfield so I could fling mashed potatoes at him with my spoon.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2011, 08:10:11 PM »
I-

:(

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2011, 08:11:05 PM »
Hey Sarah, at least you picked the one with creativity and talent.

• The hair, the legend
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2011, 08:19:00 PM »
FINE THEN

GEORGE CARLIN OR DEVY

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2011, 08:23:14 PM »
I have three psychologists in my family and they probably did some weird experiments on me when I was a kid, because my dreams are just really messed up and I remember them with an incredible frequency. Two years ago I started writing down every dream I had because the landscapes I saw in them were incredible and the plotlines were really weird. After doing it for some months, I started guessing what would happen on my next dream based on previous ones, and after a while I started guessing it all correctly. Then, when they repeated, I would realize in my dream that I was dreaming, therefore being able to do whatever I wanted. But for some reason, the stuff I "choose" to do in my dreams opens new possibilities that are out of my control, so it's kind of a recursion. Anyways, lately I've been "choosing" to do some pretty violent things in my dreams. I need to stop watching Dexter.

Also, kinda off-topic, but don't you hate when you remember something and you don't know if it was a dream or if it actually happened?
Crossing bridges in the sky.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2011, 09:12:33 PM »

Yeah, usually if I've had a really good dream I would just lay in bed for an hour reveling in the beauty of it and imagining what would happen next.

Dinner with George Carlin?   :lol

I actually set my alarm to wake me up and then another alarm 30 minutes for me to actually get up. I enjoy waking up thinking about my dream and writing it down.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2011, 04:58:42 AM »
GEORGE CARLIN OR DEVY
Tough call. My all time favorite person, period, or one of my all time favorite musicians. I could find a ton of shit to talk about with Devy, mostly how in the hell he manages to write consistently flawless music. If I were to have dinner with Carlin, I wouldn't have to ask many questions because we're already on the exact same wavelength.

Offline jsem

« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2011, 04:58:57 PM »
You'd have to bring him back to life first. GC is freaking epically down to earth guy. At least if I can jduge by the 3hr life-story he told through Archive TV. :P

Offline ClairvoyantCat

« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2011, 07:13:00 AM »
I think I had the greatest lucid dream ever yesterday.  I've been waking myself up 3 hours into every sleep for the purpose of more vivid dreaming, and fucking hell, did it pay off.  It was one of the most graphic and detailed dreams I've ever had, and definitely the most enjoyable. 

So I was driving this girl somewhere.  I didn't know where, but I kind of knew anyways without knowing.  For some reason, she was in a blanket.  There was a bed in the back of the car.  We talked the whole time, but I can't remember what we talked about for the life of me.  I was noticing in my minds eye how odd the landscape changes were, and I think I sort of half-realized the dream here.  However, my lucidity was not strong enough yet.  When I got there, it was a brick house in an urban area.  Apparently it was her house.  Then, when I went and helped her out of the car, everything had changed to being a barn in a rural area.  She seemed upset by this, so I said "I'll change it back" and tried to focus hard on changing it.

I think this added level of mental intensity suddenly lead to all the subtle hints the dream had been giving rushing in at once.  I've never been completely aware of all the components of a lucid dream before, but this time I was.  I knew my time was limited, so I wasted only a few dream seconds in reveling over my lucidity.  It was all about that feeling.  Then, when I looked up, the setting was now a picture perfect golden field.  I was at the bottom of a massive hill, with only a dirt road running down and a huge, lush jungle at the top with a sort of fluorescent glow and huge, huge trees.  It was the perfect surrounding.  The first thing I thought was "fly."  So I simply jumped up on top of the tower, which grew higher than the empire state building, and tried to fly.  Unfortunately, I did not succeed in blocking gravity from my subconscious, so I sort of glided down and landed softly at the top of the hill.  A good friend of mine was at the top of that hill, and apparently he was looking for food, but I didn't have time for that.  I figured I might have some fun with my newfound incredible jumping abilities.  This is where the fun really happened.  I would get a running start and push off of the hill, and then go flying thousands of feet through the air.  In the middle of the jump, I found I could twist and turn myself any odd way, so I was doing back flips and front flips and spins, and yes, barrel rolls.  So I did this a whole bunch of times, and then decided to try flying.  The tower was now incomprehensibly giant and massive, it seemed miles in the air.  I leapt up with no problem however.  I was now up in the stratosphere, but I was not afraid to jump, so I did.  I plummeted straight down, trying to level out and fly, and I only succeeded in doing so a few meters from the ground.  I whizzed straight into the jungle and rolled to a halt on a soft patch of grass.  The next thing I remember was being in the middle, overcrowded city.  I leapt across a few buildings for fun, but then everything began collapsing.  The trees and skyscrapers fell.  I woke up, stunned and amazed. 

I really just shared today's edition of my dream journal, but this one was particularly special. 

Offline Logical Nightmare

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2011, 07:22:59 AM »
Awww, I'm jealous.

I'm still struggling with my dream recall abilities. The nights before this one I remembered entire dreams three nights in a row, which I see as progress. From this night I remember nothing, though.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2011, 11:35:57 AM »
Flying is cool and all, but seriously, if I'm in a beautiful field alone with a girl wearing nothing but a blanket, and I can basically control anything that happens, flying away is not the first thing that comes to mind.

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2011, 08:14:53 AM »
I can now remember my dreams from almost every night. It's awesome. Now when I have good dream recall, I can soon move on to identifying dreamsigns, and hopefully start having lucid dreams. I'm excited! :biggrin:

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2011, 08:21:36 AM »
I saw your face in all my dreams
The greatest thing I've ever seen
Sent crazy shivers up and down my spine
It was like yesterday
If only I could make you stay
I wish that I could see you one more time
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2011, 04:09:55 PM »
Had a lucid dream the other night, first time in a while.  Pretty ridiculous, X-rated stuff that would only further cement my reputation as the resident perv, plus it was only a dream, so not much point in going into detail.  But it was pretty fun, and lasted a while, too, which was cool.

Offline jsem

« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2011, 04:12:47 PM »
Had a lucid dream the other night, first time in a while.  Pretty ridiculous, X-rated stuff that would only further cement my reputation as the resident perv, plus it was only a dream, so not much point in going into detail.  But it was pretty fun, and lasted a while, too, which was cool.
Lol. ... so why you posting about it....

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2011, 04:15:05 PM »
lol

Offline ClairvoyantCat

« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2011, 04:19:27 PM »
I can now remember my dreams from almost every night. It's awesome. Now when I have good dream recall, I can soon move on to identifying dreamsigns, and hopefully start having lucid dreams. I'm excited! :biggrin:

:tup

Good luck!  There's no better feeling than the first time you're actually really in control. 

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2011, 04:39:20 PM »
Lol. ... so why you posting about it....

I don't know.  People were talking about lucid dreams, and I actually had one, so I thought I'd mention it.  Then I realized that the subject matter was exactly what a lot of people would've guessed I would have lucid dreams about, and suddenly it seemed kinda dumb to say "I did this, then I did this..." when it's all just a dream anyway.  You're right.  It probably would've been better not to mention it at all.

Offline olliemedsy

« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2011, 06:02:49 PM »
For the first time in a long time...everything was right in my world...and then I woke up...

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2011, 06:10:07 PM »
I've been trying for around 6 months to lucid dream now, with no success, so I've basically given up. I'm gonna try a WILD tonight though. My recall is also pretty poor, any tips?

Offline ClairvoyantCat

« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2011, 06:14:19 PM »
I've been trying for around 6 months to lucid dream now, with no success, so I've basically given up. I'm gonna try a WILD tonight though. My recall is also pretty poor, any tips?

Er... make sure not to get too conscious during your first waking.  I think you mentioned that you have problems going back to sleep.  Account for that by making your in-between waking brief, maybe going to the bathroom so it is not cut shorter than need be. 

WILD doesn't have as much to do with recalling, so you're probably safe there.  Just remember to think about lucid dreaming a lot leading up to it. 

https://www.dreamviews.com/wiki/WILD-The-Five-Phases-Of-WILD
I think I've posted this article before, but this guy explains thing better than I could, probably.  Good luck! 

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2011, 07:07:04 PM »
I've been having nightmares for a while now but this past week it's become overwhelming.

I have had the most vivid and intense dreams I've ever experienced this past week, so much so that I can't sleep.

I'm tired :(

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2011, 07:42:37 PM »
Best dreams I've ever had:
Flying dreams. WOOOOOT! They're so much effing fun! Mostly I dream that I can jump, and fly for a few seconds, and then I'll land again, but once I had a full blown flying dream. It was SO cool.
Also, I had a dream where I controlled everything. I realized I was dreaming, and then I decided to do everything that I would NEVER EVER do in real life. First, I shaved my head. Then, I flushed my fish down the toilet. (In my dream, I considered chopping up my 4 pet snakes, but I decided that I wouldn't in case I wasn't actually dreaming, and then I would have to commit suicide because I love them so much) And then lastly, I ran around my house naked.

Worst dreams I've ever had:
I once dreamt that I was in the mall with Miley Cyrus and I was stark naked. I also have dreams that I go around topless. I'm most self conscious above-waist so that's probably why. (Because I think know I'm fat)
Ughhh, I once had a dream that I................................I had sex with.......
Never mind. It's too embarrassing.  :'(
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2011, 09:53:17 AM »
I had a dream earlier this week, where I was lifted up by a choir of angels, and we flew around the globe together. We would fly to different area's and initially observe things from a very high view, and then swoop down to about 30 feet or so, and the angels would then show me how they would influence the decisions or outcomes of the people we were observing. There were also shadowy figures that we could only make out from the periphery that negatively were constantly influencing these same people, and they outnumbered the angels at least a thousand to one. They had NO impact or influence on the angels in any way, and in fact kept their distance from us, and one of the angels spoke to me and told me that since the angels were so powerful it only took a few angels compared to the thousands of "others", to wage this human chess match. However, the angels were always busy, and in the end, man still had free will to make his own choice; so their efforts weren't always successful. We were observing major moments of Earthly conflict opportunties; things like decisions to go to war, and influences on various nations. I was led to believe there were lessor angels who dealt constantly with everyone. I also got the sense that the world was basically overun with the "others", and was a cesspool of these things in some spiritual arms race. I was asked if I would like to join these righteous commandos one day, and I said "Yes". I was told I was destined to join them, but my actions on Earth would dictate my living out my destiny in the afterlife, but I had not earned my destiny yet, and had some work to do to get back on track. The whole thing was very peaceful, but I was told that mans time on Earth was running out, and therefore there was this sort of chill in the air. Kind of the feeling you get in the autumn when it's still warm outside, but you can sense winter on the horizon. I awoke refreshed.

What a weird dream! I had some hot salsa with dinner. Wow!
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2011, 10:59:54 AM »
For your dream recall: The dream journal is the best way. You need to carefully record your dreams - fragments, even, whatever you remember. Every time you wake up, your first thought should be "What did I just dream?" Don't move more than necessary, that might make you forget, and don't start thinking about other things. Lie still and try to recall the dream (without falling asleep again, that was my problem in the beginning). When you think you remember as much as possible, get up and record it in the journal - if you don't have the time, write down some key words, and write it all down later.

The alarm clock trick may work as well. Set an alarm on a time when you're probably in REM sleep, this means in 90 minutes intervals after you fall asleep - 3, 4.5, 6 hours after. Dreams are generally easier to remember if you wake up in the middle of them. This didn't help me a lot, since I found it really hard to remember or I'd fall asleep again immediately, but one night I remembered a dream, and after that my dream recall was significantly improved. I haven't had to wake myself up since then. Coincidence? I can't tell.

I had a weird dream tonight. In the dream, I realized I was about to get raped by two guys in the woods. Instead of freaking out, I thought "... well, it's not rape if I'm willing!" and didn't resist at all. In the middle of it, Johnny Depp dressed as Jack Sparrow walked by, and I waved at him and yelled some stuff and he just smiled and continued walking, so I got up and followed him, still naked. I'm really weird in my dreams. :\

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2011, 07:37:00 PM »
Had a dream the other night that KrotchRaut became either Skydivingninja's or Sonatafanica's favorite band. Cool right? :neverusethis:

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2011, 01:22:30 PM »
My internet's been out for three days. I had a dream last night that I finally got on Facebook and had 14 notifications. My internet got fixed today and I went on Facebook and had 14 notifications. :o