Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 12616 times)

Offline blackngold29

The Dream Thread
« on: November 27, 2010, 09:13:45 PM »
I rarely have dreams and I when I do I usually forget them, but I had one the other night that just takes the cake: I dreamed I was watching a History Channel documentary about Saruman getting elected to the New York City council and then taking over the city by using the Uruk-hai.

Either I'm awesome or seriously messed up.

Post your dreams NOW

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 09:20:34 PM »
I don't remember my dreams very often, but the ones that I do remember I remember so vividly that I could recount pretty much every single aspect of them.

One, for example, I was on a plane, except the plane's inside was shaped very much like a movie theater. As the plane/movie theater-hybrid took off, I realized it was going to crash, so I ran. I got off the vehicle, heard an explosion behind me, and turned to look down the movie hallway. I don't remember seeing anything. I told the people standing around what looked like a lobby of a corporate building to wait, and that they'd never believe what just happened. I ran down the hallway to pick something up, I don't remember what though.

Then, everything kind of blurs together until this moment. I'm at my Uncle's enormous house, except it's even bigger and nicer than the house he lives in now (He lives in such an amazing house. Holy shit). I remember crying about how my Mom and sister were killed in the plane crash, and that was pretty much it.

The moral of the story is, Nyquil will fuck up your psyche.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 09:44:39 PM »
I can lucid dream at will, so I've got too many to post. If I think hard enough about what I want to dream about I can usually do it. Or sometimes I can decide to go right back into a dream. It's fun.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 09:45:25 PM »
How did you learn how to do that? I want to so badly.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 09:49:44 PM »
How did you learn how to do that? I want to so badly.

It's annoying to figure out. Dream journals sound so lame if you've never done it, but it seriously helps a lot. Also, try looking at things IRL that you can look for in dreams to realize you're dreaming. For example: IRL look at clocks and think to yourself "If I were dreaming, what would be different?" and then when you're dreaming, after a while of doing this, you'll be able to see a clock and it'll click. Also if you can learn to notice if a clock looks weird (like the numbers are wrong or something).. One thing that works for me is looking at my hands or my reflection and then it'll click. A lot of people shouldn't do that though, since looking at your reflection could freak you out if you look weird or different and BAM!! - NIGHTMARE. I'm in the minority of people who can look in the mirror in dreams and look the same I guess?

Also, if you're about to wake up, try spinning, it'll usually help you stay in your dream.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 09:59:40 PM »
Right, I've heard of those techniques. Guess I'll have to just keep at it then.

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 11:20:44 PM »
I very rarely dream, which I find to be a good thing.

Offline Mechanix1911

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 03:03:05 AM »
I dream very very oftenly, and I mostly remember what I dreamt of. But most of the dreams I can't remember after a week or a few days. But some dreams I remember are like when I was 7-8 or something. It's very fun to explore dreams... Once I heard a car horn in my dream and it lasted about 30 seconds in that dream, then I woke up and my brother was awake so I asked him: "Did someone just horn for 30 seconds?", he said that it was just briefly...  :o Fucked up shit.

Offline Logical Nightmare

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 03:14:10 AM »
My dreams are often very, very fucked up. They often have to do with sex or torture/pain. Here's one I had a time ago.

I'm in an underwater city, looking very much like Rapture from BioShock (most of the things in the dream came from that game). I'm walking with a group of people, very carefully, holding a lead pipe in my hand. Suddenly we're attacked by zombie-like people. A woman bites my leg and doesn't let go. I hit her with my pipe but she won't move, and when my group starts walking away I panic and scream. The woman lets me go, feeling sorry for me, and we start talking (I'm very suspicious though). Then I see something in the corner of my eye and look there. It's a little boy, eating off a corpse from the fight. "Don't look at him", the woman says, "he'll attack you." Just before I look away he looks up and meets my eyes - he doesn't have any eyes. Within a millisecond he leaps at me, jumps up on me and pins me to the ground. Just as I'm falling backwards I realize I'm actually under water, and that I could have escaped by just swimming upward. I wake up, screaming and violently hitting in the air in front of me, just as the boy starts biting off and eating chunks of my face.

Offline jsem

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 03:18:56 AM »
I wanna lucid dream so bad.... argh!

I hate my reoccuring nightmares, of my falling down escalators. I get off at my home subway station, then stand in the escalator and it gets narrower and narrower and the steps are suddenly too small for me to be able to stand on, then I fall down and right when im about to hit the ground I wake up.

Offline SixDegrees

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 04:09:28 AM »
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 03:54:50 AM by SixDegrees »

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 07:31:28 AM »
I dream very often, sometimes they are pretty stale like driving a car down the road, other times they are more involved like getting into gun fights.

The strangest thing is for the past couple of months, in every dream I die. It's no usually the same way, but I almost always die.

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 07:42:10 AM »
Right, I've heard of those techniques. Guess I'll have to just keep at it then.

Writing an A on the back of your hand and constantly reminding yourself that you're awake when you see it also helps. I've just started trying to lucid dream in the last few months or so, and had one on holiday and a few sort of ones since I got back. Dream diaries are apparently the best thing, but I find that just reading LOADS about lucid dreaming while in bed helps me the most.

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 08:04:38 AM »
one time i dreamed i was a little girl named victoria who.....
but seriously, i cant remember very many dreams well enough to share. but just wondering, anyone else talk in their sleep. i do and its very akward if someone hears you when your having a dream doing something you know you wouldnt do in real life.

Offline Pirate

• Yeah buddy
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2010, 08:41:09 AM »
I've had some really fucked up dreams. Listen to this:

I find myself in a large, dark room. The only light is coming from what seems to be a window. As I cautiously approach it, I see that it is actually a couple of doors leading to a school gym. I must be in a storage room. I look out of the glass windows in the doors. A basketball court, with two teams warming up for a game. Few spectators. I exit the storage room, stepping into the gym. What looks like the school's principle notices me and starts walking towards me aggressively. Upon closer inspection it seems that she is the Queen of England. She starts yelling at me and the next thing I know, I black out.

I wake in Rapture. Rusty pipes and 60's-style furniture decorate the area. What happens next is unclear, but I rise to the surface with my two enemies, Andrew Ryan and The Joker left to die in a collapsing underwater city. Somehow I lose consciousness again. Waking up in the storage room again, I decide it's time to take charge. Entering the gym, the principle-queen notices me again and attempts to control me. I get past her and make my way into the foyer, where I notice a trophy case full of model Star Trek spacecraft. Shaking off the absurdity, I continue to look around the room. From above I hear singing - I look. Above me is my father, wearing a basketball uniform, riding a stuffed moose, hanging from the ceiling, singing Bobby Brown by Frank Zappa. The principle appears beside me. "We didn't want you to know yet... your father is taking singing lessons." she says, slightly peeved.

Wake.

Offline Mechanix1911

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 10:25:21 AM »

Offline mizzl

• DTF.org Member
  • I have officialy been ravenhearted. Thanks Zydar!
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 11:12:49 AM »
I've had some really fucked up dreams. Listen to this:

I find myself in a large, dark room. The only light is coming from what seems to be a window. As I cautiously approach it, I see that it is actually a couple of doors leading to a school gym. I must be in a storage room. I look out of the glass windows in the doors. A basketball court, with two teams warming up for a game. Few spectators. I exit the storage room, stepping into the gym. What looks like the school's principle notices me and starts walking towards me aggressively. Upon closer inspection it seems that she is the Queen of England. She starts yelling at me and the next thing I know, I black out.

I wake in Rapture. Rusty pipes and 60's-style furniture decorate the area. What happens next is unclear, but I rise to the surface with my two enemies, Andrew Ryan and The Joker left to die in a collapsing underwater city. Somehow I lose consciousness again. Waking up in the storage room again, I decide it's time to take charge. Entering the gym, the principle-queen notices me again and attempts to control me. I get past her and make my way into the foyer, where I notice a trophy case full of model Star Trek spacecraft. Shaking off the absurdity, I continue to look around the room. From above I hear singing - I look. Above me is my father, wearing a basketball uniform, riding a stuffed moose, hanging from the ceiling, singing Bobby Brown by Frank Zappa. The principle appears beside me. "We didn't want you to know yet... your father is taking singing lessons." she says, slightly peeved.

Wake.
:omg:

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 11:19:30 AM »
Last night i dreamed I was inside an RPG. Also, while inside the RPG fighting monsters, I had a handheld RPG game. So I was playing an RPG while inside an RPG. It was intense.
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline Pirate

• Yeah buddy
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 11:34:41 AM »
Isn't the word "dreamt"?

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 12:05:07 PM »
Isn't the word "dreamt"?
Firefox says no xD  I always thought it was but I'm not completely sure.  So I said dreamed. 

EDIT: According to dictionary.com, either is acceptable.
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline Kura

• (●ゝω・)ノ ♡
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 12:17:13 PM »
I usually have very long and weird dreams. I also have very short and weird dreams "Zombie ants.. toilet zombies that rip your skin inside out.. being on a ship that's sinking in pavement".. :/ And I can lucid dream at times too.

Offline juice

• om nom nom
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 12:35:33 PM »
I had this dream 2 nights ago and posted it in the chat thread but I don't know if anyone paid attention to it or just didn't care so here it is in more detail.

Had a pretty cool dream that started when I had to go see this show for a class.  When I went into the theater there were seats surrounding these life like machines that looked like generals or something.  The show was about a zombie apocalypse and to give the show a more interactive feel they thought they'd release a few zombies that would just kill a few people and you were sure to be killed if you were standing.  So I was walking to my seat when they said they were going to start the show but they gave me a few seconds to find a seat but that still wasn't enough and the theater went dark and they released a couple zombies and I felt a hit against my chest and I guess I was killed.

Then I woke up for a few seconds and then went back to sleep in the same dream but I was able to watch the show without getting killed.  It included zombies in space and the majority of the zombies were the fast zombies from Half Life 2.  There was also a part when a zombie basketball player lunged out into the audience and when it was pulled back it's head was cut off and hit Kobe and ate his face off in the air.  ( :( )  Towards the end Sigourney Weaver along with a modified version of the robot from Lost In Space were in a space ship and they decided that there was no way they were going to survive so she put on the Samus Aran suit but the gun didn't work.  So she and the robot went into the darkness of the ship to go kill as many zombies as they could.  Meanwhile the last guy on the space ship was some sort of military official and just waited by a door that opened up into space that he would open if the zombies came towards him.  And then I woke up.

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 12:49:55 PM »
RPG in an RPG? Sounds awesome.

Also, woah at the zombie dreams.  :|

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2010, 12:54:52 PM »
I NO RITE

Believe me, few things are as scary as seeing a little boy without eyes eating your face.

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2010, 12:56:11 PM »
I NO RITE

Believe me, few things are as scary as seeing a little boy without eyes eating your face.

Volk had a zombie dream recently too.

OH MY G-

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2010, 01:12:52 PM »
RINA NOOOO

*starts hitting Volk with shoe*

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2010, 01:23:54 PM »
RINA NOOOO

*starts hitting Volk with shoe*

OH MY GOD HE WON'T GET OFF ME-

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 01:27:38 PM »
I only have dreams in languages I'm unfamiliar with, so I never know what's going on.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2010, 01:28:38 PM »
Only about once or twice a week do I remember my dreams vividly enough to know what went on. I find it a little unfortunate actually, because the ones I do remember are extremely out there and bizarre.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 04:48:13 PM by lateralus88 »
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 03:20:38 PM »
Last night I had a dream that I was at a high school or something, and I passed through a school bus (don't ask me how that works) in order to get to the other side of the street to get to my car in the parking lot, but the driver wouldn't open the door for me to get out, so I was stuck on the bus as she made her route.  At some point, the route ended up being a package delivery route, with us both using parachutes as transportation (running, jumping, and the parachutes would take us up).  At one of the stops at a gated apartment complex, we found blood on a door step and, presumably, a murder scene inside the door.  The cops came automatically, and I told the driver I had to leave, so I took my parachute and soared on to some other apartment complex.  I was showing off my parachuting skills by jumping off the top of an apartment building and doing backflips and stuff, and then Bruce Willis tries to base jump of an adjacent building, but fails to, and lands face first on a vertical block of rebar and cement.  He was OK.

I have played Just Cause 2 a bit lately, hence the parachutes.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2010, 04:46:53 PM »
inb4DMT

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2010, 10:54:49 AM »
So, for Christmas I got a much wanted gift - a book on lucid dreaming. It's Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge and Howard Rheingold. It's supposed to be good. I'm excited! :biggrin:

Also, I had the longest coherent dream of my life tonight. It wasn't a good dream, but dreaming for that long was really exciting.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2010, 11:49:17 AM »
whoo yesterday I didn't have a nightmare as usual, I actually had a dream where I was shopping for presents for my ex. Strange but better then getting shot.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2010, 07:00:43 PM »
I have dreams where we all die.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2010, 07:10:05 PM »
So, for Christmas I got a much wanted gift - a book on lucid dreaming. It's Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge and Howard Rheingold. It's supposed to be good. I'm excited! :biggrin:

Also, I had the longest coherent dream of my life tonight. It wasn't a good dream, but dreaming for that long was really exciting.

Thrs sosososo weird, I gt that today top after asking fir it fir ages.  :lol