Author Topic: The Alice Cooper thread  (Read 70522 times)

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Love Dennis Dunaway's baseline on the Fields Of Regret solo.

Yup, Fields of Regret, with maybe Living, Reflected and Changing Arranging are the songs I'm liking better.

I'm also digging the crazy bass on BB on Mars and the guitar interplay in Earwigs to Eternity.

Offline DTA

I love when Alice does really poppy songs. It's Much Too Late is a great one from Dragontown, and Only My Heart Talkin' is another favorite. Is Trash his "poppiest" album?

Offline MirrorMask

I love when Alice does really poppy songs. It's Much Too Late is a great one from Dragontown, and Only My Heart Talkin' is another favorite. Is Trash his "poppiest" album?

"Poppiest"... dunno. But it's definitively Alice's mashup of Bon Jovi, Aerosmith and Guns n' Roses, and that's as mass appeal as it gets.

House of Fire feels like a forgotten Bon Jovi song from Slippery When Wet or New Jersey.
Bon Jovi himself wrote Hell is Living without You, alongside with Desmond Child and Sambora (Child cowrote the entire album anyway).
Only My Heart Talkin' has literally Steven Tyler doing guest vocals and I can imagine him singing the whole song.

It's hard to pinpoint the songs because Alice is a bit "meaner" than good guy Bon Jovi, less bluesy than Aerosmith and as not as "deranged" as Guns n' Roses (or better, he's more oriented on horror which is lacking from this record), but the ballpark is definitively there.

I understand it made all the money led by Poison, which is kinda his Enter Sandman and is a terrific hard rock catchy song, the epitome of '80s hard rock and I'm still not yet tired of it, but as it has already been said, the following Hey Stoopid has far stronger songs than Trash and it's the album that SHOULD have been the major hit.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
On Easy Action.

Budget must have gone up, because production is miles ahead the previous one

At Shoe Salesman right now: is McCartneysm what I sense?

Still No Air. Zappa still strong, with more prominent guitars.

Below Your Means. First time since I started this dive I can hear a bit of Alice to come. Of course that psych jam came up just to contradict me.

Return of the Spiders. Dunaway is having a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 01:35:39 PM by Indiscipline »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Mr And Misdeamenor really shows some of their grand style of writing. They really had a show tunes type of feel in their blood.

Yes Shoe Salesmen is Beatle-esque.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Mr And Misdeamenor really shows some of their grand style of writing. They really had a show tunes type of feel in their blood.

Yes Shoe Salesmen is Beatle-esque.

Laughing at Me is veeeeery theatrical 

Refrigerator Heaven's central part is infectious

Beautiful Flyaway could have been a respectable Tommy tune

I don't know what to do with Lay Down and Die, Goodbye. Were it '67 I'd get it, but in 1970 those freeform collages were dime a dozen. In hindsight, it sounds like a FUThanxBye to all and sundry before moving to a more desirable creative path.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 01:54:45 PM by Indiscipline »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well I haven't run through Easy Action in YEARS! Pretty happy with my listen so Thanks Indiscipline!

Dennis Dunaway rules LDADGB.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline DTA

Dirty Diamonds is a really good album. On my first listen, I pretty much hated it. But I've listened through about 10 times now and it's a lot better (and fun) than I gave it credit for. It's definitely a continuation of The Eyes... but I think this one is a bit more well-rounded and interesting overall. Saga Of Jesse Jane, Run Down The Devil, and Zombie Dance are some of my new favorite songs of his.

Onto Along Came A Spider...

Offline MirrorMask

Dirty Diamonds is a really good album. On my first listen, I pretty much hated it. But I've listened through about 10 times now and it's a lot better (and fun) than I gave it credit for. It's definitely a continuation of The Eyes... but I think this one is a bit more well-rounded and interesting overall. Saga Of Jesse Jane, Run Down The Devil, and Zombie Dance are some of my new favorite songs of his.

I agree, at first Dirty Diamonds sounds, well, dirty, and inferior compared to The Eyes, but in the long run you get attached to the songs.

Speaking of the album, while definitively it's NOT a conceptual or themed ones, some lines here and there in the lyrics - Jesse Jane being in Texas, the pychedelic feel of Zombie Dance that makes me think of voodoo, the show True Blood and therefore Louisiana, the "dust in the hair" from Six Days and everyone sleeping in the morning in Run Down the Devil (because it's so hot), makes me imagine of a fictional southern town filled with wacky losers and peculiar people.

If we leave out the cover and the title track (which is a fictionalized James Bondesque song), I can imagine the same lazy, uneventful and almost-lost-in-the-desert southern town where you can find all together the characters of the album, such as:

- The femme fatales (Woman of Mass Distraction, the Sunset Babies and the one that makes you wanna uh uh uh)
- The shy girl of Perfect that can sing only under the shower
- Jesse Jane the transgender who travels to Texas and shoots rednecks in a one horse town
- The lunatic that, in a sleepy morning where everyone hides from the scorching heat, thinks he can run the devil down
- The good for nothing dude that steals cars
- The lovers of Six Hours who meet in secret after a hot sweaty day
- The other good for nothing dude who is his own worst enemy

And to top it all, when the night comes down, there's weird vampiresque stuff happening at the cemetery, True Blood style.

I can picture all the protagonists of the song living in the same town.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That's very interesting, Mask.

I like most of Dirty Diamonds a lot. I cannot do the Zombie song though.

I love Perfect. And Six Hours.

Offline Madman Shepherd

To me, Dirty Diamonds is like a greatest hits album with all original music. There are tons of cohesive songs that still sound like they are taken from different eras.

Love it much more than Eyes.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That's very interesting, Mask.

I like most of Dirty Diamonds a lot. I cannot do the Zombie song though.

I love Perfect. And Six Hours.

September 2011 can’t come fast enough! Welcome 2 My Nightmare  :metal :metal

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
To me, Dirty Diamonds is like a greatest hits album with all original music. There are tons of cohesive songs that still sound like they are taken from different eras.

That's probably the best description of DD that I could think of.

Offline DTA

I agree, at first Dirty Diamonds sounds, well, dirty, and inferior compared to The Eyes, but in the long run you get attached to the songs.

Speaking of the album, while definitively it's NOT a conceptual or themed ones, some lines here and there in the lyrics - Jesse Jane being in Texas, the pychedelic feel of Zombie Dance that makes me think of voodoo, the show True Blood and therefore Louisiana, the "dust in the hair" from Six Days and everyone sleeping in the morning in Run Down the Devil (because it's so hot), makes me imagine of a fictional southern town filled with wacky losers and peculiar people.

If we leave out the cover and the title track (which is a fictionalized James Bondesque song), I can imagine the same lazy, uneventful and almost-lost-in-the-desert southern town where you can find all together the characters of the album, such as:

- The femme fatales (Woman of Mass Distraction, the Sunset Babies and the one that makes you wanna uh uh uh)
- The shy girl of Perfect that can sing only under the shower
- Jesse Jane the transgender who travels to Texas and shoots rednecks in a one horse town
- The lunatic that, in a sleepy morning where everyone hides from the scorching heat, thinks he can run the devil down
- The good for nothing dude that steals cars
- The lovers of Six Hours who meet in secret after a hot sweaty day
- The other good for nothing dude who is his own worst enemy

And to top it all, when the night comes down, there's weird vampiresque stuff happening at the cemetery, True Blood style.

I can picture all the protagonists of the song living in the same town.

:o

I definitely get that creepy southern town vibe from it, though I'm so bad with listening to lyrics that I couldn't really tell what any song is about (though Perfect/Saga have lines that stand out). Is this just a theory you've come up with or is this the actual context behind the album?

Once I finish Spider, Nightmare2, and Paranormal I'm going to start at DaDa and work my way back. I've had a blast working my way through his catalog...so much variation and I'm really enjoying the "pairs" that have come up.

Offline MirrorMask

:o

I definitely get that creepy southern town vibe from it, though I'm so bad with listening to lyrics that I couldn't really tell what any song is about (though Perfect/Saga have lines that stand out). Is this just a theory you've come up with or is this the actual context behind the album?

Totally my interpretation that has no connection with reality whatsoever. It's just a fun idea that dawned on me - the combination of the sound and atmosphere of the album, some lyrical snippets here and there and the fact that all the songs are basically about weirdos or wacky losers, gave me the idea of "they all live in the same southern town". It's just an additional, imaginary nugget - it's not that there's "proof" for what I say (which I don't claim to be the truth anyway), it's just that there's nothing that blatantly contradicts it (such a mention of any other geographical location), that's all  :D

Once I finish Spider, Nightmare2, and Paranormal I'm going to start at DaDa and work my way back. I've had a blast working my way through his catalog...so much variation and I'm really enjoying the "pairs" that have come up.

Have fun!  :tup I think that listening to all these diverse album will prepare you better for the most obscure and controversial Alice albums. It's not guaranteed that you will like them all - but at least you'll listen to them knowing what Alice is all about and this might help to digest them.

Offline DTA

Along Came A Spider is easily my favorite album of his since Hey Stoopid. I guess a lot of people dislike it, but I honestly think it's probably his catchiest album (from what I've heard) and it has a lot of songs I'd consider standouts in his post-2000 work.

Catch Me If You Can is my favorite, but I Am The Spider, Wake The Dead (which sounds like a missing Achtung Baby track), and Killed By Love are also tracks I love. I'm disappointed to find out that the sequel to this was axed in order to make Welcome 2 My Nightmare (which I'm actually really looking forward to since I already have the original WTMN).

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The Official Alice Cooper Thread
« Reply #366 on: July 17, 2020, 05:13:52 PM »
I think Spider is one of his all time worst albums. I don't get it.

I thought W2MN kind of sucked when it came out, but I've warmed up to it over the years.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 05:35:15 PM by TAC »

Offline DTA

Re: The Official Alice Cooper Thread
« Reply #367 on: July 18, 2020, 06:45:03 AM »
I think Spider is one of his all time worst albums. I don't get it.

I thought W2MN kind of sucked when it came out, but I've warmed up to it over the years.

Spider is just a bunch of catchy songs, I'll take an album like that any day.

Offline MirrorMask

Catch Me If You Can is my favorite, but I Am The Spider, Wake The Dead (which sounds like a missing Achtung Baby track), and Killed By Love are also tracks I love.

Replace Wake the Dead with Vengeance is Mine (or Wrapped in Silk) and I could have written this post myself.

Offline DTA

Catch Me If You Can is my favorite, but I Am The Spider, Wake The Dead (which sounds like a missing Achtung Baby track), and Killed By Love are also tracks I love.

Replace Wake the Dead with Vengeance is Mine (or Wrapped in Silk) and I could have written this post myself.

Those are great songs too. There's really no songs on the album I dislike. It's disappointing that a lot of his albums have such little representation live though, there's so many songs that seem built for the stage but they just never get played.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So I agree with that last part. His setlists have been way too similar over the years.

Offline MirrorMask

So I agree with that last part. His setlists have been way too similar over the years.

In absolute terms I agree, but if we judge the reality of him being a legendary act that could have stopped doing new albums 20 years ago and still live off his greatest hits, he has acceptable setlists. The order of the staples changes often, so it's not that there's the "Fear of the Dark always before Iron Maiden" syndrome, and he still pulls out some deep cuts here and there from tour to tour. Could be better? yes. Could be MUCH WORSE? absolutely.

Offline DTA

Re: The Official Alice Cooper thread v. Welcome 2 My Nightmare, September 2011
« Reply #372 on: August 09, 2020, 01:51:31 PM »
Finally reached the end of my modern-Alice journey. I've gone through W2MN and Paranormal and loved both of them. I guess I'm in the minority but there's really no album of his I've listened to yet that I even remotely dislike...all of it is high-quality to my ears and while there's some goofy shit, it all kind of fits. Now I'm going to listen to his pre-sobriety albums and work my way through them. I was going to start at DaDa and work backwards but I like hearing the progression and growth from album to album so I'll start right at Pretties For You and move forward.

Current Album Rankings (Favorite / Least Favorite):

1. Hey Stoopid (Dangerous Tonight / Dirty Dreams)
2. Along Came A Spider (Catch Me If You Can / I'm Hungry)
3. Paranormal (Paranoiac Personality / Dynamite Road)
4. Welcome 2 My Nightmare (Something To Remember Me By / A Runaway Train)
5. Dirty Diamonds (The Saga Of Jesse Jane / Dirty Diamonds)
6. Dragontown (It's Much Too Late / Disgraceland) **this album is a lot better than it gets credit for imo
7. Trash (Bed Of Nails / Why Trust You)
8. Brutal Planet (Take It Like A Woman / Pessi-Mystic)
9. Raise Your Fists And Yell (Prince Of Darkness / Give The Radio Back)
10. The Eyes Of Alice Cooper (Novocaine / Man Of The Year)
11. The Last Temptation (You're My Temptation / Unholy War)
12. Welcome To My Nightmare (Steven / Only Women Bleed)
13. Constrictor (The World Needs Guts / Trick Bag)

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #373 on: August 09, 2020, 02:10:36 PM »
Finally reached the end of my modern-Alice journey. I've gone through W2MN and Paranormal and loved both of them. I guess I'm in the minority but there's really no album of his I've listened to yet that I even remotely dislike...all of it is high-quality to my ears and while there's some goofy shit, it all kind of fits. Now I'm going to listen to his pre-sobriety albums and work my way through them. I was going to start at DaDa and work backwards but I like hearing the progression and growth from album to album so I'll start right at Pretties For You and move forward.

That will be a really tough start and ending, but the long ride in the middle will be worth savoring.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #374 on: August 09, 2020, 02:25:26 PM »

Awesome!! I'd definitely start at the beginning.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #375 on: August 09, 2020, 02:30:19 PM »
I haven't really dug into his other "blackout" albums yet but I loved DaDa. One of his most underrated albums IMO and "Pass The Gun Around" is actually a fitting final song for that part of his life
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #376 on: August 09, 2020, 02:33:37 PM »
I haven't really dug into his other "blackout" albums yet but I loved DaDa. One of his most underrated albums IMO and "Pass The Gun Around" is actually a fitting final song for that part of his life

Pass The Gun Around is a Top 10 Alice Track for me. Dick Wagner's guitar solo is amazing!

I love Zipper Catches Skin a ton. When I asked him to sign my copy, he was like "I don't even remember making that!".

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #377 on: August 09, 2020, 03:00:55 PM »

6. Dragontown (It's Much Too Late / Disgraceland) **this album is a lot better than it gets credit for imo

Lots to chew on here...

If I was ranking, I'd do this..

1. Hey Stoopid (Dangerous Tonight / Burning Our Bed)
2. Welcome To My Nightmare (Steven Trilogy / Only Women Bleed)
3. The Eyes Of Alice Cooper (What Do You Want From Me / Detroit City)
4. Raise Your Fists And Yell (Roses On White Lace / Give The Radio Back)
5. The Last Temptation (Cleansed By Fire / Unholy War)
6. Constrictor (The World Needs Guts / Trick Bag)
7. Paranormal (Fireball / Dead Flies)
8. Trash (Why Trust You / Hell Is Living Without You)
9. Dirty Diamonds (Six Hours / Zombies Dance)
10. Brutal Planet ( Sanctuary / Take It Like A Woman)
11. Welcome 2 My Nightmare (I Am Made Of You / Something To Remember Me By)
12. Dragontown (Triggerman / everything else except Disgracedland)
13. Along Came A Spider (Vengeance Is Mine / Everything else...)

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #378 on: August 10, 2020, 01:17:54 AM »
Finally reached the end of my modern-Alice journey. I've gone through W2MN and Paranormal and loved both of them. I guess I'm in the minority but there's really no album of his I've listened to yet that I even remotely dislike...all of it is high-quality to my ears and while there's some goofy shit, it all kind of fits.

Glad that you enoyed them all! yes, I agree that all in all they're all good album and while some might be better than the others, there's no dud that makes you think "Geez, what was Alice thinking with this one?".... occasional and very forgiveable meh song aside.

Now I'm going to listen to his pre-sobriety albums and work my way through them. I was going to start at DaDa and work backwards but I like hearing the progression and growth from album to album so I'll start right at Pretties For You and move forward.

Keep in mind that the first two albums are very weird, experimental, and from a young band that still hadn't find their sound. I don't remember right off the bat if you listened to their classic albums, since you listed Welcome to My Nightmare anyway, but once you go into the string of albums that starts with Love It to Death.... wow.... you're in for a four string of albums that made rock n' roll HISTORY and LEGEND.

I agree, DaDa is such an underrated album. I believe that in his "blackout albums" (the ones he didn't tour for, or that he did tour but they had a very different sound) everyone will find something different to like and to appreciate.

So get ready from Goes to Hell until DaDa to find some VERY WEIRD stuff, but hey, potentially you'll find hidden gems here and there. I'm sure everyone's opinion will differ on those records, for example I completely don't like Zipper Catches Skin but I'm not gonna try to convince TAC otherwise, I'm glad he - and many others surely - find something to appreciate on that record. Maybe you'll love that and dislike DaDa, who knows! there's so much diversity in those records to appeal potentially to anyone.

Offline Mladen

Re: The Alice Cooper thread
« Reply #379 on: August 10, 2020, 03:00:45 AM »
I haven't listened to all of Alice Cooper (I think I've only heard a third of his discography), but DaDa has always been one of my favorites. Truly an underrated record.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #380 on: August 10, 2020, 09:21:16 AM »
Finally reached the end of my modern-Alice journey. I've gone through W2MN and Paranormal and loved both of them. I guess I'm in the minority but there's really no album of his I've listened to yet that I even remotely dislike...all of it is high-quality to my ears and while there's some goofy shit, it all kind of fits.

Glad that you enoyed them all! yes, I agree that all in all they're all good album and while some might be better than the others, there's no dud that makes you think "Geez, what was Alice thinking with this one?".... occasional and very forgiveable meh song aside.

Now I'm going to listen to his pre-sobriety albums and work my way through them. I was going to start at DaDa and work backwards but I like hearing the progression and growth from album to album so I'll start right at Pretties For You and move forward.

Keep in mind that the first two albums are very weird, experimental, and from a young band that still hadn't find their sound. I don't remember right off the bat if you listened to their classic albums, since you listed Welcome to My Nightmare anyway, but once you go into the string of albums that starts with Love It to Death.... wow.... you're in for a four string of albums that made rock n' roll HISTORY and LEGEND.

I agree, DaDa is such an underrated album. I believe that in his "blackout albums" (the ones he didn't tour for, or that he did tour but they had a very different sound) everyone will find something different to like and to appreciate.

So get ready from Goes to Hell until DaDa to find some VERY WEIRD stuff, but hey, potentially you'll find hidden gems here and there. I'm sure everyone's opinion will differ on those records, for example I completely don't like Zipper Catches Skin but I'm not gonna try to convince TAC otherwise, I'm glad he - and many others surely - find something to appreciate on that record. Maybe you'll love that and dislike DaDa, who knows! there's so much diversity in those records to appeal potentially to anyone.

First to DTA, I definitely suggest starting from the beginning. I did that a few years ago. I had never done that with any artist but for some reason with Alice, I never got several albums. So when I finally completed my collection, instead of listening to the ones I hadn't heard, I started at the beginning. It was fascinating and Alice is probably one of the best artists to listen to in this way since his style always vaguely followed trends.

Mirrormask, when I got to the blackout albums I was psyched. I had only heard Flush the Fashion which I loved but then got to Zipper Catches Skin and feel the exact same way you do. I also didn't like Special Forces. I was actually kind of bummed because I wanted to like the bizarro years so bad.

THEN, I got to DaDa. The only Cooper album I had never heard. I expected more crap that I would have to begrudgingly sit through and I was blown away. I mean, its weird as hell but....i couldnt help but love it. By the point Warner was dropping him, he was depressed and on the verge of divorce, he had Bob Ezrin and Dick Wagner back, and I think everybody had a very "fuck it" attitude. If I'm not mistaken, not a single song has ever been played live from that album but shit, they need to play the album in its entirety!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #381 on: August 10, 2020, 09:58:26 AM »
Mirrormask, when I got to the blackout albums I was psyched. I had only heard Flush the Fashion which I loved but then got to Zipper Catches Skin and feel the exact same way you do. I also didn't like Special Forces. I was actually kind of bummed because I wanted to like the bizarro years so bad.

THEN, I got to DaDa. The only Cooper album I had never heard. I expected more crap that I would have to begrudgingly sit through and I was blown away. I mean, its weird as hell but....i couldnt help but love it. By the point Warner was dropping him, he was depressed and on the verge of divorce, he had Bob Ezrin and Dick Wagner back, and I think everybody had a very "fuck it" attitude. If I'm not mistaken, not a single song has ever been played live from that album but shit, they need to play the album in its entirety!

I also think Special Forces is really weak, save for the title track, which is one of my favorite Alice Tunes.

I just think the second half of ZCS is great. The entire run of
Adaptable
I Like Girls
Remarkably Insincere
Tag, You're It
I Better Be Good
I'm Alive

Lyrically it's great, and the delivery is total Alice. Love the sense of humor on these as well. Tag, You're It is really a funny spoof on the Halloween movies.

I also like Jan Uvena's drumming on this. He would go on to play in Alcatrazz after this.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #382 on: August 10, 2020, 12:02:25 PM »

That is correct. Both Zipper Catches Skin and DaDa never got a tour, since Alice was too wasted to play live, and not a single song has ever been played live. And like you I was in a "come on, at this point I have to hear them all" phase with Alice, and I was surprised how DaDa was great in his wacky weirdness.

I also think Special Forces is really weak, save for the title track, which is one of my favorite Alice Tunes.

Indeed, only redeeming factor of a very weak album.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #383 on: August 10, 2020, 12:18:18 PM »
That album is rather funny, I don't think it was meant to be serious. For example, You look good in rags is absurd and catchy, but I understand that it does get old. Flush the fashion, on the other hand, is silly but still convincing and on a high level.

Offline DTA

« Reply #384 on: August 11, 2020, 03:21:50 PM »

Lots to chew on here...

If I was ranking, I'd do this..

1. Hey Stoopid (Dangerous Tonight / Burning Our Bed)
2. Welcome To My Nightmare (Steven Trilogy / Only Women Bleed)
3. The Eyes Of Alice Cooper (What Do You Want From Me / Detroit City)
4. Raise Your Fists And Yell (Roses On White Lace / Give The Radio Back)
5. The Last Temptation (Cleansed By Fire / Unholy War)
6. Constrictor (The World Needs Guts / Trick Bag)
7. Paranormal (Fireball / Dead Flies)
8. Trash (Why Trust You / Hell Is Living Without You)
9. Dirty Diamonds (Six Hours / Zombies Dance)
10. Brutal Planet ( Sanctuary / Take It Like A Woman)
11. Welcome 2 My Nightmare (I Am Made Of You / Something To Remember Me By)
12. Dragontown (Triggerman / everything else except Disgracedland)
13. Along Came A Spider (Vengeance Is Mine / Everything else...)

Burning Our Bed was an early favorite of mine...what's your issue with it? And Why Trust You seems like an odd choice for Trash. I like most of the songs on there but Bed Of Nails seems like a clear step above all the others. Zombie Dance is another I think is pretty unique and interesting. I disliked Dragontown at first but it really grew on me. I think it's incredibly solid and was surprised when I began to like it more than Brutal Planet.