Author Topic: Pedals/Pedal Boards  (Read 4524 times)

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
Pedals/Pedal Boards
« on: June 08, 2009, 05:11:12 PM »
Share what you have.  Also looking for recommendations on quality distortion, wanna upgrade my stinky-BOSS distortion

Boss TU-2 Tuner > Boss DD3 Delay > Boss HR-2 Harmonist > Boss DS1 Distortion > Guyatone OD2 Overdrive

Chain is powered via a daisy...erm, chain out of the TU-2.  Will eventually get a pedal power of some sort and make an uber cool board made of plexxiglass with some like xmas lights or something built into it.  McRad.

Pedals not in use:

EHX Big Muff NYC
Ibanez Flange :lol (REALLY old, huge pedal. Not even sure of the model)
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss OC2 Octaver

I really should start using these.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
Re: Pedals/Pedal Boards
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 10:27:04 PM »
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion (not in use)
PW-10 V-Wah (rarely in use)
ME-20 Guitar Multiple Effects
Korg GA-40 Guitar/Bass Tuner

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 06:00:55 AM »
Boss Digital Delay
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah

Edit: I forgot to add - Ernie Ball Volume pedal

That's all, for now.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 08:07:10 PM by MetalMike06 »

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 09:22:19 AM »
Bass PodXT Live.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Gwii

• DTF Zelda Avatar Club
  • DT.net Member
  • There's so much more to see in the darkest places
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 04:00:24 PM »
Line 6 PODxt Live

Pedals:
Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 (i have three of these; i don't know where they all came from)
Boss NS-2 (i don't know where this came from either; i let my friend borrow my pedalboard, and i got it back with one of these on it. he says it isn't his)
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Metal Zone (terrible)
Boss DD6 Delay
Boss CS2 Compressor
Boss TU2 Tuner

i really hate pedals.  i don't use my pedalboard currently (just the POD, straight into a powered speaker), but im hoping to get a half stack soon, so my pedalboard will be back in use; probably only delay, tuner, wah, maybe comp.
My Soundclick Page

I can just sense Gwii hiding in the bushes with a knife between his teeth.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 04:23:18 PM »
^ Cool.  I had the Blues Driver for a while there but I sold it and got the DS1 instead.  They're both pretty bad.  I wanna try and get a Rat or one of the old Boss ODs.  Or a hotcake.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 09:31:53 PM »
^ Cool.  I had the Blues Driver for a while there but I sold it and got the DS1 instead.  They're both pretty bad.  I wanna try and get a Rat or one of the old Boss ODs.  Or a hotcake.

If you weren't in NZ I'd sell you my Rat...
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 09:33:55 PM »

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

There really are no musical benefits of living at the bottom of the world.  Dang it all.

Do you recommend it though?  How'd it go for you?

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

There really are no musical benefits of living at the bottom of the world.  Dang it all.

Do you recommend it though?  How'd it go for you?

I loved it.  Very crunchy, tuby, natural sound...could make a practice amp sound like a Marshall.  Played an SG through it, and it was a perfect match.

Sounded pretty good with my bass, but sucked out some of the bottom (not as bad as most distortion pedals, though).  Built like a tank...

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 09:43:28 PM »
Cool sounds awesome, I'll have to get my hands on one.  Do you have a preference for Bass distortion/overdrive?

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 06:47:49 AM »
Cool sounds awesome, I'll have to get my hands on one.  Do you have a preference for Bass distortion/overdrive?

If I'd have felt like ripping open the Rat and swapping out a few resistors, it would have been that.  I'm sure I'll find some great stuff in my Pod, but i haven't had it long enough.  Bass distortion aficianados really seem to go for the Big Muff (or Big Muff Pi), though.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 02:15:32 PM »
Yeah I've got a big muff pi on loan that I may be able to use for a while.  kinda looking for more of a crunch than fuzz but meh half the fun is searching.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 09:38:56 PM »
I use no pedals...I'm weird. My Spider III gives me almost everything I need, except wah. Definitely making a purchase this year.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 10:26:58 PM »
I use my Boss GT-8 to control my Peavey head, add delay, sometimes a boost in the front of the amp, and other FX. I have a Dunlop Wylde wah, and a switch plugged into SUB CTL 1 that I use to switch the GT-8 from Manual to Preset mode. Four Cable method is fantastic on the GT series.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 01:12:28 AM »
Boss DS-1
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Crybaby

I don't have the money for a better setup, and frankly, I'm not a good enough guitarist to justify anything better.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 02:13:57 PM »
^ for the longest time I thought your name was POGowner and that you owned an EHX Polyphonic Octave Generator (POG)

lolio

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 11:59:03 AM »
^ for the longest time I thought your name was POGowner and that you owned an EHX Polyphonic Octave Generator (POG)

lolio
Dear Lord.  :lol

Offline ben_1112

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 05:49:56 PM »
I really only started buying pedals this year, but it's already improving my sound by miles.  Anyways here's what I've got...

Jim Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-808 Tubescreamer
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay

I throw the chorus and delay into the FX loop of a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, and have the overdrive and wah out front.  I'm pretty happy with the sounds I get... if you feel like dropping around 200 dollars for the Tubescreamer, it's a GREAT overdrive pedal, and yes you can play metal on it with the proper amp.  Otherwise you could check out the TS-9, which is another Ibanez Tubescreamer, but cheaper.  It's definitely different in tone, but yeah, play around with some of them, I personally think they're some of the best overdrive/distortion pedals out there.  Oh and if you can find the Maxon OD-808, that's pretty much the same thing as the TS-808 except without the name Ibanez.  I think they made the original ones, and they're cheaper too.

Offline JRT

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 07:10:23 PM »
Morley Bad Horsie 2 wah contour pedal
Boss Mt-2 (metal core)
Boss DD6 (delay)
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Boss Phase Shifter
Boss Loop Station (biggest one as of saturday, RC-50  :metal)
Amp switcher

Fishman Loudbox 100 amp
Line 6 150 Watt amp

Offline TehFix0r

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 11:33:33 AM »
Vox wah
Digitech Whammy IV

Not in use:
Boss OD-2
Ibanez DS7. Both birthday presents, haven't got much use out of them. Should probably sell them off, actually.

Need to buy myself a delay pedal, too.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 10:13:59 PM »
I use no pedals...I'm weird. My Spider III gives me almost everything I need, except wah. Definitely making a purchase this year.
Same with me. My Spider III 75 has made my Boss ME20 nearly obsolete :-\ I still have my Boss PW10 V-Wah though which I would still hook up just in case I wanna have fun with the effects it has like Uni Vibe and wah wah.

Offline Icebear

• The Sleeper
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 04:13:38 PM »
The only pedal I use is the Tech 21 Programmable DI/Bass Driver.
Simple, effective and good value for money.

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 10:10:49 PM »
Good thread.  I'm still deciding whether I want to use pedals for effets or a rackmounted unit, like a T.C. Electronics G Major, which I had owned previously, but sold.  UGH.  Pedals are more organic sounding, but rack units have higher quality effects.  It's a real dilemma.  :lol

I'm thinking about using the OCD pedal for a boost, though.  Anyone have that pedal?
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2009, 10:18:47 PM »
I've been poking around the build your own clone site (www.buildyourownclone.com). Seems like a great way to get an authentic sound on the cheap. It also looks like a lot of fun!

I have an H20 Liquid Chorus and Echo, but it doesn't work anymore for some reason :(. I have standard, no-frills dunlop Cry Baby Wah which in all honesty is pretty shit, and a Boss Mega Distortion that I haven't used in years.

Once I get my Carvin Bolt I'm gonna be itching for a tube screamer

Offline myung9

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2009, 08:27:45 PM »
on "as i am", do any of you know specifically which brand effects myung uses?  distortion/octaver, etc?  thanks

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 08:52:32 PM »
For the distorted intro?  I read somewhere that he uses an MXR Doubleshot Distortion.  Though I know he also uses a lot of rack-mounted effects.

Offline clark54

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 08:39:37 PM »
I run in my effects loop a Digitech Whammy, Hardwire Series Chorus, Boss DD6, and a EHX Holy Grail Reverb. Then I plug into a Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah and a MI Audio Crunch Box, then into my JSX. I wanna get a flanger and maybe an EQ then I should be set.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2009, 08:10:49 PM »
Im thinkin of getting a tubescreamer for a straight up blues and classic rock sound.  What I am trying to decide is whether or not I want to by a modded tube screamer or not.  Does anyone have any experience with mods for them?  I was looking into the keeley mods.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2009, 08:33:48 PM »
Im thinkin of getting a tubescreamer for a straight up blues and classic rock sound.  What I am trying to decide is whether or not I want to by a modded tube screamer or not.  Does anyone have any experience with mods for them?  I was looking into the keeley mods.

I don't have any experience with modded pedals, but I've seen videos on Youtube with the modded/non modded being compared side by side. Some might not be the best quality, but you should get a good idea of what the mods do.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2009, 08:38:47 PM »
yeah i just watched a bunch of those.  It's really hard to tell the difference through a youtube video.  You really gotta be in the same room as the amp.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?