Author Topic: Rant: Justin Bieber Getting Mentioned on Every Youtube Music Video  (Read 6551 times)

Offline RuRoRul

Re: Rant: Justin Bieber Getting Mentioned on Every Youtube Music Video
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 01:55:26 PM »
I agree. To be honest if it wasn't for all the people complaining on the internet, I probably would never have heard of Justin Beiber. Or I might once have heard my little sister talking about him. But I definitely saw his name on every "Songs you can't stand" etc. thread on the internet, or on Youtube comments, long before I would ever have heard of him otherwise. It was the same with Jonas Brothers, Taylor Swift (I thought that was a guy for a while), etc.

Quite sad that any metal / rock / progressive / anything video you see, if you glance down at the comments it's "17 Beiber fans didnt lyk dis".  :facepalm: We know shit exists, we don't need to be reminded of it.

Of course there's no point complaining about them any more than there's a point complaining that pop music like that exists. And complaining about the complaining is just adding to the cycle. But at least for me, this is probably the first, or one of the first times I've ever used Justin Beiber in a forst. I just think it's ironic that the people complaining about stuff like that are the ones that make it so well known.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2010, 09:01:20 PM »
About whether or not making a thread complaining about people complaining about Justin Bieber is as bad as complaining about Justin Bieber in the first place:

Absolutely not.

First of all, I am not complaining about people simply complaining about Justin Bieber. If that was all it was, then fine. I am complaining about the fact people complaining about Justin Bieber has become so ridiculous it has become a part of internet culture.

Me ranting about this will never leave this forum. People complaining about Bieber has gotten to the point it is everywhere anywhere there is music or pop culture discussion on the internet. My ranting about this will not entice Bieber haters to hate on him more, except for maybe a couple of people on this forum, which is still pretty unlikely.

In conclusion: Me making a thread about complaining about Justin Bieber is not as bad as complaining about Justin Bieber in the first place, because what I have done has nothing to do with anything on the internet, whereas what the Bieber haters do has found a way to have everything to do with anything music- or pop culture-related on the internet.

About whether or not I take Bieber hater comments too seriously:

Absolutely not.

When I said they pissed me off, I was using the phrase as a conversation starter. You know, the way you exaggerate stories when speaking to friends to have better discourse.

If there is anything I have taken too seriously, then it is the responses to my rant, which have resulted in this uBeR sErIoUs post.

About whether or not there is a point in complaining about Bieber haters:

There are few points to anything in life.

There is almost no point to anything on the internet.

There is no point to anything on this forum.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 09:06:43 PM »
There is no point to anything on this forum except to jerk off to Porcupine Tree and Opeth.

FTFY

Offline ehra

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010, 09:20:11 PM »
About whether or not making a thread complaining about people complaining about Justin Bieber is as bad as complaining about Justin Bieber in the first place:

Absolutely not.

First of all, I am not complaining about people simply complaining about Justin Bieber. If that was all it was, then fine. I am complaining about the fact people complaining about Justin Bieber has become so ridiculous it has become a part of internet culture.

Me ranting about this will never leave this forum. People complaining about Bieber has gotten to the point it is everywhere anywhere there is music or pop culture discussion on the internet.

I'd imagine most individual people complaining about Bieber won't bother to complain about him outside of the site they frequently post at. Just like them bringing up the topic on other sites, you're bringing that topic here.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2010, 09:24:43 PM »
It is a shame that people make fun of Justin because of his feminine appearance and personality.  People need to focus on the music, which, all things considered, is not nearly as bad as most of the other stuff out there.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline ehra

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2010, 09:25:35 PM »
I'm at least a little interested in seeing how he turns out once his voice changes.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2010, 09:35:17 PM »
It was the same when the Jonas Brothers were all over YouTube, and several other forums. MetallicaBB for i.e.

But here's the thing, it'll all blow over. :chill

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2010, 01:27:36 AM »
On that same note, it's annoying how people always try to be clever with the dislikes. If I watch a Final Fantasy 7 music video, someone will say "Sephiroth made 17 accounts and disliked this" and that particular comment will be liked so much it's in the top.

I chuckled the first time I saw something like that. But after seing it just as much as the Bieber fever, it's getting lame.

But it's the internet. It's the obnoxious, loud teenagers's territorium. Us mature, intelligent human beings should take it back! :metal
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2010, 03:50:25 AM »
I remember watching an Alter Bridge video and a comment had "Scott Stapp disliked this" with many thumbs up.  :facepalm:
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2010, 07:31:30 AM »
I remember watching an Alter Bridge video and a comment had "Scott Stapp disliked this" with many thumbs up.  :facepalm:

That ones kinda funny haha

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2010, 02:25:46 PM »

That ones kinda funny haha

Yeah, it deserves a  :lol:facepalm:
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TL

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2010, 03:08:54 PM »
The funny thing is, if it weren't for people constantly ranting about how much they hate him, I wouldn't know who the fuck he was.

Those people who spend time going on about how such and such band is better than him don't get how things work. With metal and prog bands, the fans are buying the CDs because of the music. With many pop stars, including Bieber, the fans buy the CDs because of the image; it has nothing to do with music.

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2010, 05:01:31 PM »
"oMg GuYZZz tHuMbZZ up ThIIs c0mMenT if U hAt3 jUsTiNN bIeBer."
of course most of the time there arent gonna be many justin bieber fans watching the vids so how does that make you cooler.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2010, 06:50:43 PM »
I can't wait until The Beebs grows up so we can all complain about the next pop star hack that comes along to keep Dream Theater in the dark... :neverusethis: