Author Topic: JP interview with DT Norway  (Read 4345 times)

Offline Algo Fonix

• The Generic Dr. Pepper
  • DT.net Member
  • Pretty tired
JP interview with DT Norway
« on: November 15, 2010, 03:09:00 PM »
John Petrucci just posted this on his facebook.  Appears to be a recent interview with him.  There's also a recent one with CJS.

https://dtnorway.com/podcast.xml 

Downloading nooow.

Offline juice

• om nom nom
Re: JP interview with DT Norway
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 03:25:52 PM »
Listening now.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 03:26:40 PM »
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline kartmaze2

• DTF Cybernetician
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 03:27:40 PM »
JP is on his way to the gym.  :tup

Offline Ħ

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 03:38:39 PM »
Does anyone know if they have to pay to do those interviews?
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline veronica

• Bosk-approved weird aunt
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Something must be done about this girl at once!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 04:04:34 PM »
I bet not, since DT Norway is an official fan club.

Honorary Junior Old Fogey
I have a dual-citizenageinternetgroupship.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 04:06:52 PM »
I was just thinking, do you think they would do an interview for DTF?  We have loads of questions, and we could all vote on the 10 most popular questions or so...I wonder if they would be down with that?

Offline nikostheater

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 04:13:08 PM »
Coolo interview.JP sounds such a cool guy!
I love that his whole family is into music and instruments.

I listened to James interview as well,really nice stuff.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 04:39:57 PM »
I was just thinking, do you think they would do an interview for DTF?  We have loads of questions, and we could all vote on the 10 most popular questions or so...I wonder if they would be down with that?
I was wondering that too. We talk about these guys so often, if you could ask them anything what would it be?

Part way through the interview, I like it when they don't ask the same questions that you hear in every single other interview.

Offline TL

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 04:48:37 PM »
Honestly, it would be worth asking. Obviously we'd need to decide who would do the interview before asking.

Offline Martinman300

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 04:59:19 PM »
that xml link doesnt work for me

Offline Ħ

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 05:07:47 PM »
Honestly, it would be worth asking. Obviously we'd need to decide who would do the interview before asking.

I nominate robwebster.

Offline lithium112

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 05:14:14 PM »
that xml link doesnt work for me

I think you need to have iTunes installed for that or something. Try this link: https://dtnorway.com/EP6.m4a
It worked for me in Chrome.

Offline j

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 05:14:45 PM »

I nominate robwebster.

Unfortunately, rob's masterful command of the English language would make the guys' responses pale in comparison.

-J

Offline Ħ

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 05:15:23 PM »
You're right.  Then lets go with BRGM.

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 05:31:56 PM »
The weight lifting part was real interesting i thought...

JP dropping 20+ pounds when he went on a diet etc. Just overall a real cool guy...

"you can't cook grilled chicken on the tour bus"  :D

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 05:45:03 PM »
Cool to see JP is getting into smoking meat.

Maybe its just me, but I checked out the JLB interview, and laughed when asked about rescheduling his solo tour, he said he wasn't sure of DT's schedule, which is his biggest priority and its the priority of everyone in the band.   :D

EDIT: Cool to see that the label's really trying to make "Euphoric" a hit in Canada.  That would be great for JLB and DT.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 05:51:04 PM by skydivingninja »

Offline j

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 05:57:15 PM »

:lol One extreme to the other.

-J

Offline TL

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 06:40:22 PM »
EDIT: Cool to see that the label's really trying to make "Euphoric" a hit in Canada.  That would be great for JLB and DT.
Just got to that part of the interview.
Great to hear that he has qualified for the Canadian content requirements. It would be really cool if any of his songs or the album were to take off here in a significant way.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 06:49:08 PM »
Just got to that part of the interview.
Great to hear that he has qualified for the Canadian content requirements. It would be really cool if any of his songs or the album were to take off here in a significant way.
That'd be funny to turn on the radio and hear "That was Lady Gaga with her 18th single of the year, next up we've got a track from James LaBrie."

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 10:04:19 PM »
They DO have separate Billboard charts for rock singles...just replace Lady Gaga with the unfortunately Canadian Nickelback.

You poor, poor canucks.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 04:06:28 AM »
It would be great if we could get an interview with one of the guys for Ytse Times.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 06:56:12 AM »

;D

Offline robwebster

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2010, 08:47:43 AM »

I nominate robwebster.

Unfortunately, rob's masterful command of the English language would make the guys' responses pale in comparison.

-J
Mate fuck you, if I have to talk not proper and that in order to be chattin' wit the Trooch then imma just gonna have to bulldoze right through my rep by typin' like a moron, blood.

Should point out that I've interviewed Derek Sherinian before and I absolutely made a tit out of myself by being completely star struck. Was only my second interview ever, and I would like to think I've improved since then, but still. Interviewing John Petrucci would be such a massive deal to me that I can only predict that I'd dissolve into a pool of nothing midway through my first sentence. And I'm not even speaking metaphorically - I'd actually, physically dissolve. It would be horrifically disappointing.

(That said, if people actually wanted me to speak to John Petrucci himself there's not even a sliver of a chance I'd turn it down. Still the kind of opportunity I'd be willing to wrestle a tiger for. Jesus! What an honour. Just know that I'm not all that. I'm a human, honest. (Or mostly human, anyway.))