Author Topic: Blind Guardian....  (Read 3119 times)

Offline Vivace

Blind Guardian....
« on: November 09, 2010, 05:46:42 AM »
.....KICKS ASS!! Where oh where has this band been all my life? I'm starting from the beginning and yet... YET have I encountered a song that didn't blow me away. Granted the singer I feel could be better I still love the voice he contributes to the band. Currently on Tales from the Twilight World.
"What kind of Jedis are these? Guardians of peace and justice my ass!"

"Ha ha! You fool! My Kung Fu is also big for have been trained in your Jedi arts why not!"

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Blind Guardian....
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 06:52:51 AM »
I'm glad you like them, check out Nightfall In Middle-Earth and prepare to be blown away.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 06:54:59 AM »
Imaginations From the Other Side and Somewhere Far Beyond are none too shabby too.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 07:05:04 AM »
Also, when you're done with those albums, check out the other Blind Guardian thread.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 07:46:27 AM »
Somewhere Far Beyond is the best them

SOMEWHERE FAR BEYOND YOUR IMAGINING  :metal :metal :metal :metal
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 08:02:28 AM »
I'm glad you like them, check out Nightfall In Middle-Earth and prepare to be blown away.

:metal

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 08:11:25 AM »
Also, check out Blind Guardian's cover of Queen's Spread Your Wings.

So. Goddamn. Epic.  :metal :metal

SPREAD YOUR WINGS AND FLY AWAY
FLY AWAY
FAR AWAY
SPREAD YOUR LITTLE WINGS AND FLY AWAY
FLY AWAY
FAR AWAY
PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU SHOULD DO BETTER
BECAUSE YOU'RE A FREEEEE MAAAAAAAN!

:2metal:
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 08:17:40 AM »
Their cover of To France is awesome too :metal

Offline Algo Fonix

• The Generic Dr. Pepper
  • DT.net Member
  • Pretty tired
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 09:16:48 AM »
Listening to Into the Storm as I type this!  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 10:52:54 AM »
Well IMO you are just about to get to the good stuff. I feel thier albums go from mediocre to good (SFB) to amazing (IFTOS) and then hold that amazingness for the remainder of thier albums inc;jding At The Edge of Time which may be my favorite album of this year. I cant wait to see them on the 20th.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 01:39:21 PM »
Granted the singer I feel could be better

Hmm....Hansi is definitely an acquired taste.  To be honest when I first heard them, I couldn't stand them simply because of him.  I tried them again later and he clicked with me, such an amazing powerful voice that fits the music brilliantly.

Check out Imaginations, Nightfall, Somewhere Far Beyond and A Night at the Opera.  Don't bother with Twist in the Myth, the only below par album the band has put out.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Vivace

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 01:46:12 PM »
I loved every second of Follow the Blind. Every....second.  :metal :metal :metal

"Ha ha! You fool! My Kung Fu is also big for have been trained in your Jedi arts why not!"

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 01:54:04 PM »
I loved every second of Follow the Blind. Every....second.  :metal :metal :metal

Valhalla :leaveseyes:

Offline Vivace

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 04:02:22 AM »
I definitely favor older Blind Guardian over the newer stuff, not to say the newer stuff isn't good, but it isn't as mind blowing nor as fun. And I concur that A Twist in the Myth is definitely my least favorite of the band and I clearly understand why the drummer left over musical differences.

Kosmo

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 06:06:42 AM »
Valhalla

DELIVERANCE!

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 11:54:22 PM »
... A Twist in the Myth is definitely my least favorite of the band and I clearly understand why the drummer left over musical differences.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. Thomen had, as far as I know, a slew of health problems (or, at the very least, other problems we're calling 'health problems' which seems to happen so often in the music biz) that led to him having to leave Blind Guardian AND led to him getting kicked out of Savage Circus (the new band he started after BG). If you ask me and a lot of other fans, Thomen's frail health was more of the reason he left Blind Guardian than any real differences with the guys. More importantly, he's not on A Twist in the Myth.

Offline Vivace

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 05:08:06 AM »
... A Twist in the Myth is definitely my least favorite of the band and I clearly understand why the drummer left over musical differences.

I'm not sure that's entirely true. Thomen had, as far as I know, a slew of health problems (or, at the very least, other problems we're calling 'health problems' which seems to happen so often in the music biz) that led to him having to leave Blind Guardian AND led to him getting kicked out of Savage Circus (the new band he started after BG). If you ask me and a lot of other fans, Thomen's frail health was more of the reason he left Blind Guardian than any real differences with the guys. More importantly, he's not on A Twist in the Myth.

Someone needs to update the wiki then, and also I don't think I made my post clear in that I meant to say "he left before this album was made".

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 09:03:03 AM »
I actually think the new drummer sounds really good on ATEOT.  Very excited to see them for the first time tonight in NYC.  I dont have any friends who like them so I bought my friend a ticket just so I wouldnt have to go by myself.  I am really hoping for him to have a good time and get into this band.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 12:11:27 AM »
I actually think the new drummer sounds really good on ATEOT.  Very excited to see them for the first time tonight in NYC.  I dont have any friends who like them so I bought my friend a ticket just so I wouldnt have to go by myself.  I am really hoping for him to have a good time and get into this band.

I'll be in the same boat over here in Albq. might buy one for me and my girl. Hope she'll enjoy some great energetic power metal.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 07:40:19 AM »
So bummed I couldn't go to the show tonight. However, my girlfriend caught one of Frederich's drumsticks. Awesome!