Author Topic: SNOW!!! v. ARRRRRGGGG!!!  (Read 88866 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: SNOW!!! v. ARRRRRGGGG!!!
« Reply #805 on: February 22, 2023, 07:52:04 AM »
We got a nasty ice storm on the way today.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #806 on: February 22, 2023, 10:59:04 AM »
Dumped 14 inches of snow overnight and it's still coming down for the next few hours. With the high winds, it's drifting up into doorways and windows...in fact I had to wear goggles to keep the snow out of my eyes while clearing part of the driveway. I'm going to wait until noon or so to clear the rest out.
This is supposed to hit me tonight. Not looking forward to it.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #807 on: February 22, 2023, 11:27:31 AM »
Dumped 14 inches of snow overnight and it's still coming down for the next few hours. With the high winds, it's drifting up into doorways and windows...in fact I had to wear goggles to keep the snow out of my eyes while clearing part of the driveway. I'm going to wait until noon or so to clear the rest out.
This is supposed to hit me tonight. Not looking forward to it.

I actually went to The Fine Line last night to see Kimbra. The drive wasn't great, but manageable. But if it was tonight or tomorrow night, I wouldn't see myself going. My wife and I, and some of her friends were planning to go to Trivia in St.Paul tomorrow, but unlikely and it'll probably be cancelled anyway.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #808 on: February 23, 2023, 06:41:00 AM »
The storm ended up worse than forecast. The official total for my community was 21 inches. The most wind protected area I could find in the yard had 24. I'm dugout, but there are neighborhoods that will be days getting clear.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #809 on: February 23, 2023, 06:44:21 AM »
We are right on the line; I woke up this morning and there is a fine glisten of ice on all the trees, and about an inch of slow.  Not my preferred - I WANT snow - but it's beautiful nonetheless.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #810 on: February 23, 2023, 07:12:04 AM »
Trees are sagging quite a bit here with about 20mm of ice, and we lost power for a couple hours overnight.  It's probably only a matter of time before some limbs start snapping - hopefully not over any power lines.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #811 on: February 23, 2023, 07:23:29 AM »
Got an alert yesterday saying we could be expecting our first snow at my elevation in 75 years. Thankfully it didn't happen, cause that would've shut down the whole area, but it's a guarantee all the bay area hills will be covered with it. Gonna be a trip for sure.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #812 on: February 23, 2023, 08:39:32 AM »
The high today in central VA is 81°, can y’all send some snow our way please?

Offline dparrott

« Reply #813 on: March 09, 2023, 01:34:37 PM »
We had a quick snow/ice storm blow through California last week, even at my house in the desert!  Disneyland got some too.  Crazy. 
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #814 on: October 27, 2023, 06:06:27 AM »
Bump!

Nice weather today. It's not even November yet! :lol

This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #815 on: October 27, 2023, 06:26:27 AM »
Ha!  Calgary got snow earlier this week.  It's been in the teens (Celsius) for us this week... but still raining/wet.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #816 on: October 27, 2023, 06:33:00 AM »
We got our first snowfall here in Sweden last Thursday (the 19th) but it went away over the weekend. I don't want any snow until at least early December.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #817 on: October 29, 2023, 12:41:03 PM »
I got to see the first snowfall in Scotland of the season while I was there for the last few weeks. Then came home to the first snowfall in the mountains. Weather people are saying we should be getting as much snow as last season. Last season we woke up to 3 feet of snow in our yard on Jan 1st, then another 3 feet a week later, and it just kept snowing through February  :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline T-ski

« Reply #818 on: October 31, 2023, 06:14:11 AM »
2 inches of snow in Central WI this Halloween morning….the weather outside is truly frightful.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #819 on: October 31, 2023, 04:43:51 PM »
2 inches of snow in Central WI this Halloween morning….the weather outside is truly frightful.

Oh wow!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #820 on: October 31, 2023, 08:29:58 PM »
Got our first dusting of the season.  Rain/snow mix that stuck to the soft surfaces.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #821 on: October 31, 2023, 08:37:36 PM »
First snow in Chicagoland today, too.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #822 on: January 14, 2024, 06:43:47 AM »
Some nasty fucking weather here in the Lake Erie/Niagara region.  Winds have been brutal the last couple of days, and we got a few inches of packing snow overnight.  jingle.daughter and I were at the hockey game in Buffalo yesterday afternoon (4pm start), and there was an EMS alert that lit up everyone's phones during the game - travel ban in Buffalo starting at 9pm.

It's supposed to continue snowing here for the next three days, accumulating 4-5 in each day.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #823 on: January 14, 2024, 07:26:42 AM »
I have never seen snow, and I am pretty fine with that. Maybe when the kids are older and I get over travelling anxiety, I will try and see it.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #824 on: January 14, 2024, 07:31:10 AM »
I've been in North Carolina for 6 years (moved from Florida) and snow is still a novelty to me. I love it, but we never get enough here for it to be a real problem.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #825 on: January 14, 2024, 07:34:49 AM »
I'll keep NC in mind if we ever decide to move from here.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #826 on: January 14, 2024, 07:37:25 AM »
Some nasty fucking weather here in the Lake Erie/Niagara region.  Winds have been brutal the last couple of days, and we got a few inches of packing snow overnight.  jingle.daughter and I were at the hockey game in Buffalo yesterday afternoon (4pm start), and there was an EMS alert that lit up everyone's phones during the game - travel ban in Buffalo starting at 9pm.

It's supposed to continue snowing here for the next three days, accumulating 4-5 in each day.

Must be serious if there's a travel ban.

Last day of freezing temperatures here, we had -22°C (-8°F) yesterday and the forecast is 0°C (32°F) for tomorrow. But yesterday morning it was really beautiful, sun and lots of snow on the ground. I posted the pics on Strava, might as well share here:

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #827 on: January 14, 2024, 07:39:04 AM »

Don't unless you have to move here. I'd love to move back to Florida but the job pool is really limited for me there, and I do not want to go back to working in hospitality.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #828 on: January 14, 2024, 07:39:32 AM »

Last day of freezing temperatures here, we had -22°C (-8°F) yesterday and the forecast is 0°C (32°F) for tomorrow. But yesterday morning it was really beautiful, sun and lots of snow on the ground. I posted the pics on Strava, might as well share here:

Those pictures are gorgeous.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #829 on: January 14, 2024, 08:19:37 AM »

Don't unless you have to move here. I'd love to move back to Florida but the job pool is really limited for me there, and I do not want to go back to working in hospitality.

Yeah, we aren't going anywhere unless we absolutely have to.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #830 on: January 14, 2024, 08:56:43 AM »
Currently -14F with a wind chill of -37F west of Chicago. I was smart, unlike my neighbors, and did not clear my driveway on Friday during the lull after the first storm. I woke up Saturday morning and went right out. The wind had already did a lot of the work for me and the snow was much lighter and not as much of a slushy mess. Had to run to the store later that day and as I return home what do I see, but both my neighbors out clearing their stuff a second time.

Looked at some videos from Buffalo this morning, holy crap. That looks just brutal.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #831 on: January 14, 2024, 09:27:30 AM »

WTF is Strava?  ;D
Is that like Russian Facebook?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #832 on: January 14, 2024, 09:30:17 AM »
We've been lucky in New England. It's colder in Kansas City thank North where I live in N.H. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #833 on: January 14, 2024, 09:33:15 AM »
WTF is Strava?  ;D

Nah, that's Vkontakte. :biggrin:

Strava is a site/app for physical activity tracking (running/cycling/skiing etc). Ironically it's blocked in Russia, have to use VPN to access it. :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #834 on: January 14, 2024, 04:28:22 PM »
WTF is Strava?  ;D

Strava is a site/app for physical activity tracking (running/cycling/skiing etc). Ironically it's blocked in Russia, have to use VPN to access it. :lol

I'm probably sounding ignorant, but I feel like if something was blocked in Russia, I don't know if I'd want to get around it.

Wow!!!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #835 on: January 14, 2024, 09:12:07 PM »
WTF is Strava?  ;D

I'm probably sounding ignorant, but I feel like if something was blocked in Russia, I don't know if I'd want to get around it.

It's not blocked by the government, it's blocked because they technically no longer provide their services here.

Same with new music, for example. As far as I know, there's no legal way to listen to anything from InsideOut (and many other labels) unless you buy a physical album (that's still possible, but often it could be months after release day before it's available in the stores). The new singles/albums are blocked on YouTube by the labels, do not appear on Russian streaming platforms, and other streaming platforms (like Spotify) also no longer provide their services here. Can't buy it anywhere from abroad either (like on bandcamp) as our cards don't work outside the country anymore. I couldn't even donate to DTF this time when bosk was running the donation thread.

Everyone I know around my age uses VPN nowadays. Fun times.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #836 on: January 15, 2024, 12:14:39 PM »
WTF is Strava?  ;D

It's not blocked by the government, it's blocked because they technically no longer provide their services here.

Ok. Gotcha!

Offline lightningbolt

« Reply #837 on: January 16, 2024, 07:07:00 AM »
We got 3-4 inches of snow in central Virginia yesterday/last night.  I made snow ice cream and it turned out very tasty in spite of the fact I didn't have enough vanilla extract to do it right :)

Looking forward to doing some wildlife photography today while the snow is still around.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #838 on: February 13, 2024, 01:56:48 PM »
Got a bit this morning  :sad:

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #839 on: February 13, 2024, 02:47:02 PM »
I'm heading outside now to plow; I think we got about five inches.  Some of it was already starting to melt.  Though we might get more Thursday night and Saturday (I'm probably 45 minutes N or maybe NNW of Chino).