Author Topic: SNOW!!! v. ARRRRRGGGG!!!  (Read 88698 times)

Offline T-ski

Re: SNOW!!! v. ARRRRRGGGG!!!
« Reply #595 on: March 10, 2019, 08:17:38 AM »
guess I didn't clean my roof well enough, water coming through my kitchen ceiling....

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #596 on: December 17, 2020, 04:58:07 AM »
Anybody else on the East coast get hit by this latest storm yesterday?

Left work at like 8pm last night and the roads were pretty nasty. Went past a bunch of stuck cars that were just left there. And its icy as all hell this morning.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #597 on: December 17, 2020, 05:55:19 AM »

Left work at like 8pm last night and the roads were pretty nasty. Went past a bunch of stuck cars that were just left there. And its icy as all hell this morning.

Lot's of businesses around me closed early last night. I was out at 6:15 this morning with the snowblower to clear what has already come down. I live in a neighborhood built in the early 20s, so a lot of the houses don't have driveways. The plows make it a real bitch. If you wait until the end of the storm to start clearing, you're looting at 3'-4' high mounds of compacted snow that have to be removed.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #598 on: December 17, 2020, 06:39:31 AM »
We got about a foot last night and it's still coming down pretty hard

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #599 on: December 17, 2020, 06:55:15 AM »
This firetruck went sideways at the top of the hill leading to my house. It's wedged between an elevated curb and a rock wall. I went out and offered them my snowblower, but they didn't want it.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #600 on: December 17, 2020, 07:16:19 AM »

We got a few inches here, but nothing horrific.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #601 on: December 17, 2020, 07:42:41 AM »
We are getting 12 to 18 inches in Southern NH today.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #602 on: December 17, 2020, 07:58:21 AM »
:zydarscouch:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #603 on: December 17, 2020, 10:09:58 AM »
Snow storm wasn't so bad over by me as they were hyping it to be.  Maybe 6 inches when they said 12-16. However, the snow is super heavy and hard.  My foot's been bothering me so I really wasn't looking forward to shoveling (I don't think my blower is good enough to do this heavy thick snow) and was lucky enough to have some neighborhood kids looking to earn some cash.  They did a much better job than I would have, got to not hurt my foot further, and didn't miss my work meetings this morning.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #604 on: December 17, 2020, 10:18:53 AM »
I wan't snow!  :'( Nowhere to be seen around my area anymore, we used to get alot when I was a kid.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #605 on: December 17, 2020, 10:37:47 AM »
I wan't snow!  :'( Nowhere to be seen around my area anymore, we used to get alot when I was a kid.

I'd gladly give you mine if it were possible.  Snow was fun as a kid, and just a huge hassle as an adult.  There's not a single thing I enjoy about it. I mean, I guess I got to stay home today but WFH is pretty normal these days so not quite the same as a snow day used to be.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #606 on: December 17, 2020, 01:50:09 PM »
I just finished about 3 and half hours of snow removal and I have a snow blower.  A big one.  But this stuff is like fucking mud here.  Heavy and wet.  And tonight it's all going to freeze solid  :facepalm:

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #607 on: December 17, 2020, 01:59:49 PM »
I cannot stress enough how much I hate the snow. I love New York, but I would move to a warmer state in a heartbeat if I could.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #608 on: December 17, 2020, 02:16:22 PM »
I just finished about 3 and half hours of snow removal and I have a snow blower.  A big one.  But this stuff is like fucking mud here.  Heavy and wet.  And tonight it's all going to freeze solid  :facepalm:

I waited till mid-afternoon, and it was actually getting thicker and heavier as I worked.  This morning I shoveled some of the deck and it was light and powdery.  I finished about half hour ago, and it was a lot closer to what you saw.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #609 on: December 17, 2020, 02:38:12 PM »

I'd gladly give you mine if it were possible.  Snow was fun as a kid, and just a huge hassle as an adult.  There's not a single thing I enjoy about it. I mean, I guess I got to stay home today but WFH is pretty normal these days so not quite the same as a snow day used to be.
During the winter months the days are shorter and darker earlier where I live so when you get home from work it's already dark but snow illuminates alot to make it a bit brighter and I miss that, it's also alot more cozy than fuckin rain that we have all the time instead during winter. I miss having snow during christmas as simple as that. Sure commuting during snow is a drag but i'll gladly switch rain with snow during the winter months.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #610 on: December 17, 2020, 02:43:00 PM »

I love it when it's coming down.   Glass of wine, a fire, maybe some music... it's relaxing.   But the cleanup blows, and there's nothing worse than five, six days later when everything is a sludgy, brown mess. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #611 on: December 17, 2020, 02:45:50 PM »

I love it when it's coming down.   Glass of wine, a fire, maybe some music... it's relaxing.   But the cleanup blows, and there's nothing worse than five, six days later when everything is a sludgy, brown mess.

Yea, there's kind of this nice calm peace when it's coming down.  I even stepped outside for a bit last night to enjoy that, but everything else is such a hassle.  I HATE driving in the snow, and I hate how sometimes it takes forever for it to melt so as you say, it turns into a brown ugly mess. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #612 on: December 17, 2020, 05:27:22 PM »
was lucky enough to have some neighborhood kids looking to earn some cash.

I read this today and laughed.

That is definitely shoveling cramx3 style! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #613 on: December 17, 2020, 07:37:11 PM »

:rollin

On another note....y'all are a bunch of whiners when it comes to snow. :biggrin: It's basically all I drive in for work from the end of November to the beginning of March. And I do roughly 500 miles of driving every week. And I still love it!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #614 on: December 17, 2020, 07:39:09 PM »

On another note....y'all are a bunch of whiners when it comes to snow. :biggrin: It's basically all I drive in for work from the end of November to the beginning of March. And I do roughly 500 miles of driving every week. And I still love it!

Wut?

Do you drive from Moscow to Leningrad everyday??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #615 on: December 17, 2020, 07:41:24 PM »

Wut?

Do you drive from Moscow to Leningrad everyday??
Lake Tahoe area. There's snow on the roads pretty much all winter.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #616 on: December 17, 2020, 07:50:29 PM »

Lake Tahoe area. There's snow on the roads pretty much all winter.

We drove across Wyoming a a few summers ago,and I saw those huge ass gates they use to close the highway. I remember thinking the snow must be ridiculous for that to happen.

We tried to make Lake Tahoe part of that trip, but we couldn't work it out.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #617 on: December 17, 2020, 07:56:31 PM »

We got a few inches here, but nothing horrific.

Let me tell you, a few inches is enough to shut down WA state.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #618 on: December 17, 2020, 08:05:16 PM »
I got 10 inches.

Oh wait, you were asking about the snow??

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #619 on: December 17, 2020, 08:09:00 PM »
I got 10 inches.

What is "Things My Wife Would Never Say?" for 500, Alex!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #620 on: December 17, 2020, 08:11:20 PM »
I got Long Dong Silver's worth.

Figure it out.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #621 on: December 18, 2020, 11:04:26 AM »

I hate manual labor work to begin with but I'd totally have just done it myself if my foot wasn't bothering me.  Was about to do it myself until there was a knock on my door.  So yea, paying for it instead of doing it myself goes along with my general attitude towards outdoor stuff like my lawn that I have no desire to do myself.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #622 on: December 18, 2020, 07:07:12 PM »

I hate manual labor work to begin with but I'd totally have just done it myself if my foot wasn't bothering me.  Was about to do it myself until there was a knock on my door.  So yea, paying for it instead of doing it myself goes along with my general attitude towards outdoor stuff like my lawn that I have no desire to do myself.
I kind of wish I had some neighborhood kids where I live that are looking for some extra cash in exchange for child labor.....I mean....some yardwork. :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #623 on: December 27, 2020, 08:43:30 PM »

Yes and it sucked. We did not get a ton of it but by the time I went to shovel, the thick bottom layer had frozen to the fucking ground. Between that and the cold weather, I couldn't ride for 10 days. TEN days :tdwn
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #624 on: December 28, 2020, 01:52:07 AM »
Situation all over Italy basically....

Christmas: rain
Weekend after Christmas: sun
Today where many people (luckily not me) has to go to work in the office: snow

2020 until the end  ;D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #625 on: February 02, 2021, 11:46:47 AM »
Surprised it's been so quiet here considering the Northeast US got completely slammed the last couple days.

I think I got like 16 or so inches, it's still snowing and will continue to today but it's very light now so if anything I'll need to do a light shovel later tonight or tomorrow morning

My little cheap electric powered snow blower was clutch, honestly didn't think it would work too well considering the amount of snow.  It struggled, but got the job done.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #626 on: February 02, 2021, 11:52:38 AM »

15" in Milford Connecticut. Just me and my shovel this morning. Its time this old man bought a snow blower.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #627 on: February 02, 2021, 11:58:21 AM »
Fuck snow.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #628 on: February 02, 2021, 12:00:24 PM »
15" in Milford Connecticut. Just me and my shovel this morning. Its time this old man bought a snow blower.

I held out the first few years of being a home owner.  My driveway is not that big, but as time went on, I figured maybe I need some help for when it gets bad like this storm.  After seeing my neighbor blow through his driveway (and most of the sidewalk on his side of the street) with ease, I'm thinking of upgrading. 

Also, it seems more snow is coming this weekend...

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #629 on: February 02, 2021, 12:07:18 PM »
We got about 7-8 inches a week ago and then it snowed for 24 hours straight in Chicago (Saturday night through Sunday night), which dropped another 10 inches or so.  My kids loved it....I went out 3 times to snowblow and shovel the driveway and sidewalks, and I was exhausted by Sunday night.  I honestly spent almost my entire day on Sunday working on cleaning up snow, as it kept dumping more.