SNOW!!! v. ARRRRRGGGG!!!

Started by Tick, November 08, 2010, 05:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tick

What an evil thing to wake up to! :omg:

Too early for this crap. :tick2:

Silver Tears

Darkes7

I want snow. As in, real snow. Zero or slightly sub-zero temperature. And enough of this gray-ish pseudo-raining typical November crap. :\

November is the worst month of the year and always will be. I hate it with passion.

Zydar

I loved snow when I was younger, but now that I have a car I've developed a strong distaste for it. I don't like driving in snow at all, having to dig it up every time I need it, it freezes the battery, having to scrape the ice off the windows... My kingdom for a garage.

But yeah, snow can be really beautiful and it lightens up the surroundings when it's dark and dreary outside. A Christmas without snow ain't much of a Christmas.

Seventh Son

Snow, what is this snow you speak of?

Tick

Quote from: Silver Tears on November 08, 2010, 05:15:29 AM
I love snow!
I do too. Just not quite ready for it yet.
I just mowed my lawn yesterday! :tick2:

Zydar

Quote from: Seventh Son on November 08, 2010, 05:22:44 AM

Where do you live?

If you want to see snow, you're welcome here to Scandinavia.

Tick

Quote from: Darkes7 on November 08, 2010, 05:18:00 AM
I want snow. As in, real snow. Zero or slightly sub-zero temperature. And enough of this gray-ish pseudo-raining typical November crap. :\

November is the worst month of the year and always will be. I hate it with passion.
Nah, that honor without a doubt goes to February. Worthless evil month. :tick2:

Seventh Son

Quote from: Zydar on November 08, 2010, 05:25:56 AM
Quote from: Seventh Son on November 08, 2010, 05:22:44 AM

Where do you live?

If you want to see snow, you're welcome here to Scandinavia.
Georgia. Southeastern United States.
Basically it never snows but still gets cold as fuck during winter (last year it dropped to like -10F at its worst)

Silver Tears

Seventh Son

Quote from: tick on November 08, 2010, 05:27:18 AM
Quote from: Darkes7 on November 08, 2010, 05:18:00 AM

Nah, that honor without a doubt goes to February. Worthless evil month. :tick2:
But you have the super bowl!
And November has thanksgiving too :P

Space Invader

Can't wait for the snow to stay on the ground. It has snowed very briefly here in Halifax, but it's still too warm to be permanent.
Can't wait to get my sled out again.  :metal

Seventh Son

Quote from: Silver Tears on November 08, 2010, 05:29:06 AM
Come to Scotland, we get snow  :biggrin:
I've always wanted to travel to the UK! I'm 1/16th Scottish and 1/16th Irish so it would be nice to go, and people say I look like I'm Gaelic anyway, but money  :millahhhh

Silver Tears

Tick

Silver Tears

I'm not quite sure what that's meant to be...

Seventh Son

Quote from: Silver Tears on November 08, 2010, 05:34:35 AM
:sadpanda:
I can't help it, blame the economy and its major suckage! But I seriously would love to visit Ireland and Scotland both someday.

Tick

Quote from: Silver Tears on November 08, 2010, 05:37:59 AM
tick. I'm not sure what the Panda signifies so were even. Sadness?

Seventh Son

Quote from: tick on November 08, 2010, 05:40:33 AM

Its a sad panda. So yeah.

Silver Tears

Quote from: Seventh Son on November 08, 2010, 05:39:25 AM
I can't help it, blame the economy and its major suckage! But I seriously would love to visit Ireland and Scotland both someday.

Do it! Scotland's awesome. And I'm not just saying that 'cos I live here, it really is beautiful. I wanna visit Ireland sometime myself.

Quote from: tick on November 08, 2010, 05:40:33 AM

Yup, the sadpanda signifies sadness surprisingly enough  :P

Seventh Son

Quote from: Silver Tears on November 08, 2010, 05:42:57 AM

Do it! Scotland's awesome. And I'm not just saying that 'cos I live here, it really is beautiful. I wanna visit Ireland sometime myself.
I imagine so. Is it like trees and beautiful lakes kind of beautiful?

Zydar

Don't forget the Loch Ness monster and groundskeeper Willie.

Silver Tears

Quote from: Seventh Son on November 08, 2010, 05:47:27 AM

Well not in the city obviously (although Edinburgh is a gorgeous city anyway) but if you go driving out for a bit you can go to some really lovely hills/mountains and lakes and forests etc.  :heart

sonatafanica

I really like snow. Then again, I live in Florida so I never have to put up with it. Cold temperatures are awesome to me, though. When I was in Boston this past winter I absolutely loved walking around the city in fifteen degree weather.

Actually, it snowed in some parts of Florida last winter, so who knows!

Space Invader

All this talk of beautiful Scotland is making me want to travel.  :sadpanda:
It sounds so nice....

Silver Tears

Space Invader

Quote from: Silver Tears on November 08, 2010, 05:55:33 AM
Come visit sometime then  :D

I totally would, but you know........poor student and whatnot.
Once I'm done university in a few year though I'm thinking I want to travel for a while.

Silver Tears

Yeah I know what that's like  :-\

I really want to travel too but I don't know if I'm ever gonna have the money/time  :lol

Seventh Son

Quote from: Silver Tears on November 08, 2010, 05:51:20 AM
Quote from: Seventh Son on November 08, 2010, 05:47:27 AM

Well not in the city obviously (although Edinburgh is a gorgeous city anyway) but if you go driving out for a bit you can go to some really lovely hills/mountains and lakes and forests etc.  :heart
Nice! That sounds really awesome to take a walk through the wilderness and into the forest.

Hey, thinking about that now, I wonder if there are any Scottish Black Metal bands?  :lol

Space Invader

Quote from: Silver Tears on November 08, 2010, 06:02:31 AM
I really want to travel too but I don't know if I'm ever gonna have the money/time  :lol

If you ever find time and money, I give Greece my highest recommendation. And not the mainland, the islands. I went to a wedding there and the island culture is just amazing. Such a beautiful and old country too.

As much as I like snow (getting the thread sort of back on track), I would trade all the snow in Canada to go back just for a day.

Silver Tears

Oh I've never been to Greece but I'd love to go! Also, Canada's always been quite high up on my list of places to visit some day  :)

Quote from: Seventh Son on November 08, 2010, 06:04:29 AM

Nice! That sounds really awesome to take a walk through the wilderness and into the forest.

Hey, thinking about that now, I wonder if there are any Scottish Black Metal bands?  :lol

It really is, I love being on the top of a big hill or mountain and being able to see nothing but hills and forests in all directions.

Space Invader

Quote from: Silver Tears on November 08, 2010, 06:09:09 AM
Also, Canada's always been quite high up on my list of places to visit some day  :)

Canada has got some great spots, and in some provinces you get some of the most picture-esque forest and wildlife scenes. We also have a reputation as really friendly people, so definitely come on over sometime.

If you ever stop in Halifax, I'm sure DTF group here would welcome you and show you around the city.  :biggrin:

jsem

Snow means I can go out xc skiing. This results in the conlcusion that snow may be one of the most epic things ever

Silver Tears

Haha awesome, I might hold you guys to that some day  :laugh:

Space Invader

Quote from: Silver Tears on November 08, 2010, 06:15:13 AM
Haha awesome, I might hold you guys to that some day  :laugh:

Absolutely. We have a whole bunch of people over here.

Quote from: jsem on November 08, 2010, 06:14:53 AM
skiing

Forgot about that. YES SNOW YES.