Author Topic: Would You Vote For A Candidate Who Is Squeaky Clean?  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Would You Vote For A Candidate Who Is Squeaky Clean?
« on: November 07, 2010, 07:50:17 AM »
I think we all have a past. Even those who are young I would think can grasp this, I hope? I think we can relate to people who have made mistakes because we all do. I personally would not want to be judged for the guy I was when I was younger. I did a lot of stupid things. I would rather be judged on who I am now. That's why I tend to forgive rather easily.
I think a tougher question is would you vote for someone who is a do gooder with seemingly no marks against him, and no checkered past. A guy no one can find any dirt on. A guy who goes to church every Sunday, and volunteers his time for those less fortunate.
I'll bet this would be more of a turn off to some who can't relate to it? Maybe not?
Although that person isn't me, I can respect it and I would vote for someone who seems to be to good to be true. :tick2:

I should also say, that in my later years I have tried to be better to my fellow man and not the selfish guy I was when I was young. Awhile back I used to get up early on Sunday mornings and cook breakfast for generally 60 to 80 homeless people every week. The church gave me and a friend of mine permission to do this, even though they did little to help us out. I didn't care. It felt great. 5 of us did the whole thing, and I did all the cooking for it every week.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 07:57:54 AM by tick »
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Seventh Son

Re: Would You Vote For A Candidate Who Is Sweaky Clean?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 07:54:22 AM »
>Sweaky
:neverusethis:

Just kidding  :lol

I personally believe that no one is perfect or squeaky clean at all so if someone chose to represent themselves like that, I'd likely be very skeptical. Everyone has skeletons in their closet, some just hide them better than others  ;)
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline In The Name Of Rudess

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 07:56:06 AM »
EDIT:
 :lol I thought I was in the candidate WASN'T sqeaky clean thread. Sorry.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 08:01:39 AM by In The Name Of Rudess »

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 07:58:59 AM »
I don't care about people's past. People can change. Dramatically. So I think it's unfair to judge someone by their past.
Your in the wrong thread. Please re read and respond accordingly. :tick2:

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
Re: Would You Vote For A Candidate Who Is Squeaky Clean?
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 08:23:09 AM »
I see no reason this can't be discussed in the other thread

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
Re: Would You Vote For A Candidate Who Is Squeaky Clean?
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 08:39:45 AM »
I see no reason this can't be discussed in the other thread
It certainly could be, but I would contend that many who have already made their views known in that thread may not open the thread again out of disinterest. Therefore you would not see the redirection of the topic. That is why I figured this thread was ok to start. I really wanted people to see the topic direction rather then bypass something they have already responded to. :tick2:
Its your call.