Author Topic: Tal Wilkenfield  (Read 927 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Tal Wilkenfield
« on: November 05, 2010, 06:41:24 PM »
Let me know If I spelled her name wrong...

Does anyone else besides me think she is amazing? Talented and incredibly beautiful.  And it just hit me after looking at pictures on facebook that she was at the LA prognation show (Jordan +steve vai + tal wearing a prognation backstage pass...) I wish I could have met her....  

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Tal Wilkenfield
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 07:02:16 PM »
I think we had a thread on her a while ago (I remember because numbers was being a noob in that thread).  She really is a great bassist.  She's just as entertaining on the Ron Scott's Jazz Club DVD as Beck is.  Makes me sad because she's only a few years older than I am.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 07:14:37 PM »
I searched but didn't find a thread.. She deserves a fresh one anyways
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 12:30:55 PM »
She is soooo good on bass.  And she's really young too.  Amazingly talented.  She just picked up the bass one day too, it's not even like she's been playing for a long time.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 11:31:27 PM »
I remember my jaw dropping numerous times at her playing on that Jeff Beck DVD she plays on. :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline Jakartabassplayer

• John Cleese's evil step brother
  • "THEY just drop"
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 08:35:21 AM »
she is incredible
Kipfilet is het borstdeel van de kip. Kenmerk van kipfilet is dat deze vetarm en lichtverteerbaar is.
I assume it's because you're awesome.
And JBP is yet again drunk  :lol