Author Topic: DT collection  (Read 89594 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone

Offline Ytsejam01

Re: DT collection
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2015, 11:14:28 AM »
I have to assume you are talking about the felt itself. The fabric is a special "speed felt" that can be printed and sealed just like regular poker speed felt. I found a supplier that would print a custom design then i hired a local graphic artist to turn my vision into what you see (his product turned out better than I thought it would). When the fabric came in I built the table.

Each of the scrolls under a flaming heart is a title of a different album. The storm thing in the middle was the designers idea to pull from "Black clouds and Silver Linings" to highlight the logo.

I hope this helps.

I wish the band actually saw this   :biggrin:

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2015, 11:25:23 AM »
It's really damn cool.  Seriously.   :metal

Offline Ytsejam01

« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2015, 12:11:22 PM »
Thanks man! I appreciate it.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2015, 02:34:55 PM »
That is pretty wicked.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2015, 10:31:22 AM »
Pretty cool DIY project.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2015, 09:57:20 AM »
Going through the boxes after starting to move things into the new place.  I want to get all of my Dream  Theater stuff out and set it up in its own corner,  I came across these two boots first.  Hopefully the rest of my DT stuff is in these boxes and not still in the ones at my parent's house. 

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2015, 10:55:51 AM »
Found a few more but i know I'm missing a lot still.  They're probably in one of the other boxes. 

Offline Ytsejam01

« Reply #183 on: March 15, 2015, 01:19:08 PM »
I have one Rare item, have to dig it up though. Its a VHS tape with the burning heart logo and the twin towers on fire. The cover was later pulled after 9/11.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2015, 02:56:29 PM »
Found a few more but i know I'm missing a lot still.  They're probably in one of the other boxes. 

Pretty cool.  What's the name of the bootleg with the image of marquee next to "When James and Dream Unite"?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #185 on: March 15, 2015, 03:18:51 PM »

Pretty cool.  What's the name of the bootleg with the image of marquee next to "When James and Dream Unite"?

That's actually the Dream Theater lullaby CD. 

https://www.amazon.com/Lullaby-Versions-Theater-Twinkle-Little/dp/B009GPJHZE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426454229&sr=8-1&keywords=dream+theater+lullaby

The stack of CDs on the left are some of the Grateful Dreams releases. I have another handful of those elsewhere also. If I layed those out side by side, it would be a lot also.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2015, 11:54:52 PM »
Cool, what's your favorite boot of the bunch?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2015, 12:06:03 AM »
Of that group there, I like the Scene From A Memory and Antiquities boots.  I also love all of the Instrumental CDs.  I really enjoy listening to the old stuff they did even if it was a bit amateurish at times.  Now if you want to know my favorite DT boot in general, that's a lot harder to figure out.  I have hundreds of boots in some form, most lossless downloads. Though, I do try to buy silvers every so often.  So to pick a favorite boot overall I would have to sit and figure it out.   ;D

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2015, 07:48:50 PM »
I always find the 1993 stuff most enjoyable.  My first boot from Rocky Point, Rhode Island still ranks as one of my faves.

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
  • Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2015, 10:31:09 PM »
Going through the boxes after starting to move things into the new place.  I want to get all of my Dream  Theater stuff out and set it up in its own corner,  I came across these two boots first.  Hopefully the rest of my DT stuff is in these boxes and not still in the ones at my parent's house. 

Is that Beacon Theater one a DVD/Video bootleg?  I was at that show... not a big bootleg collector but I do like tracking down the shows I've actually been to.  Not sure I knew that existed.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #190 on: March 17, 2015, 08:18:06 AM »
I always find the 1993 stuff most enjoyable.  My first boot from Rocky Point, Rhode Island still ranks as one of my faves.

I love the Images and Words tour boots.  It's always fun to listen to some of the older songs live being played every night. 

Is that Beacon Theater one a DVD/Video bootleg?  I was at that show... not a big bootleg collector but I do like tracking down the shows I've actually been to.  Not sure I knew that existed.

Yes it is.  I was also there.  I got that one a long time ago and completely forgot I had it until I started moving.   If you're interested, let me know.

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #191 on: March 17, 2015, 10:28:07 AM »
It's entirely possible that I have a copy of it buried somewhere, but I will look around and will let you know.  It's so fun reliving those memories.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #192 on: March 17, 2015, 10:52:24 AM »
It's entirely possible that I have a copy of it buried somewhere, but I will look around and will let you know.  It's so fun reliving those memories.

Indeed.  I have hundreds of boots, but I always make sure to get the shows I have been to.  My first show was the Birch Hill show when they played the new version of ACOS for the first time which made it extremely memorable. Not just from a being there perspective but for an important date in the band's history. 

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2015, 01:21:50 PM »

Your "Awake in Japan" has a different cover to mine.
Just sayin'

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #194 on: March 19, 2015, 01:38:35 PM »
I've seen a few different covers for that one actually, so that doesn't surprise me. 

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #195 on: March 19, 2015, 04:23:15 PM »
I have that Awake show on VHS!  (and the, of course, the Mind Control CD).

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #196 on: March 19, 2015, 07:27:57 PM »
I have that Awake show on VHS!  (and the, of course, the Mind Control CD).

I also had it on VHS first.  I watched it so much.  I had the  Wake Up boot on CD, not the Mind Control boot. 

Offline hauswife

« Reply #197 on: March 20, 2015, 12:06:10 PM »
this is my collection so far

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #198 on: March 20, 2015, 08:34:29 PM »
^^  Ah, the Caught in a Web and Rite of Passage CD singles  ^^ 

$$$nice$$$

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #199 on: March 21, 2015, 08:04:58 AM »

$$$nice$$$

Seriously. Two nice pieces of memorabilia right there.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2015, 10:25:42 AM »

$$$nice$$$

Seriously. Two nice pieces of memorabilia right there.

Am I blind? Where's the Caught In The Web single?

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2015, 10:34:12 AM »

I have these, but mine don't have custom covers. 

The Beacon show from the following night is also out there somewhere.

Being at those two shows and what became the Live Scenes show, I have to say those back to back shows were even better. I wish they had been professionally recorded. I consider those to be more of a highlight than the Live Scenes show.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2015, 10:55:12 AM »
Look between the SFAM and the I&W Ytse Jam CDs.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #203 on: March 21, 2015, 01:50:37 PM »

Duh....

I was looking for the Caught In a Web promo CD single with the spider on the cover. That explains why I missed it.

Thanks.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2015, 10:57:23 PM »

I have these, but mine don't have custom covers. 

The Beacon show from the following night is also out there somewhere.

Being at those two shows and what became the Live Scenes show, I have to say those back to back shows were even better. I wish they had been professionally recorded. I consider those to be more of a highlight than the Live Scenes show.

I got them in a trade with these guys.

https://www.metalvideos.net/intropage.html

They have both nights at the Beacon Theater.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #205 on: March 22, 2015, 03:44:27 AM »

Duh....

I was looking for the Caught In a Web promo CD single with the spider on the cover. That explains why I missed it.

Thanks.
Ummm...hate to break it to you RtK, but that ain't the CiaW single. Perhaps it's a DT bootleg entitled CiaW, but it ain't the single. Tell-tale sign is the fact that the DT logo isn't on the cover. And there were two versions of the single, both of which were promo only - one with a cover, and one without, as can be seen here:
https://ymfr.free.fr/index.php?title=Caught_In_A_Web_%28Promo_CD_2%29
https://ymfr.free.fr/index.php?title=Caught_In_A_Web_%28Promo_CD_1%29
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2015, 03:51:24 AM »
Not really a positive post, but I might have lost the good part of my collection due to a HD "failure".  :yeahright
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #207 on: March 22, 2015, 08:33:08 PM »

Duh....

Thanks.
Ummm...hate to break it to you RtK, but that ain't the CiaW single. Perhaps it's a DT bootleg entitled CiaW, but it ain't the single. Tell-tale sign is the fact that the DT logo isn't on the cover. And there were two versions of the single, both of which were promo only - one with a cover, and one without, as can be seen here:

Yeah, that's a bootleg of a show from the first leg of the Awake tour... Seen it pop up now and then, but definitely not official.

https://www.spirit-of-metal.com/album-groupe-Dream_Theater-nom_album-Caught_in_a_Web_(Bootleg)-l-en.html

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #208 on: March 22, 2015, 08:58:01 PM »
Not really a positive post, but I might have lost the good part of my collection due to a HD "failure".  :yeahright
Marco check your e-mail.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #209 on: March 22, 2015, 10:30:25 PM »

Duh....

Thanks.

Yeah, that's a bootleg of a show from the first leg of the Awake tour... Seen it pop up now and then, but definitely not official.

https://www.spirit-of-metal.com/album-groupe-Dream_Theater-nom_album-Caught_in_a_Web_(Bootleg)-l-en.html

I forgot about the bootleg for that show.  I have one for the same night entitled, A Kick Into A Dream. 

That's terrible.  That's like when I lost most of my boot collection when I moved into the last apartment.  Luckily, I found the box of Grateful Dreams boots. However, I lost a whole binder of regular boots, a spindle of boots that Wey burned for me, and a spindle of boots that Sewer Rat burned for me.  So fucking pissed at that.