Author Topic: Future Tour Setlist...  (Read 45380 times)

Offline Setlist Scotty

Re: Future Tour Setlist...
« Reply #455 on: January 22, 2023, 04:16:29 PM »
I hope they'll change it for the future US dates.

Need some Voices, The Killing Hand, Lines in the Sand and Disappear.
It's always possible, but I wouldn't bank on it. They already switched out a significant chunk of the setlist (more than I would've expected), so I'm pretty sure they'll want to play that set of songs for more than just one leg of the tour. Keep in mind they're already (probably) past the halfway point of the whole tour, so it wouldn't make sense for them to switch out even more of the songs for the final one or two legs they have yet to do.

Besides that, I'm pretty sure you can write off Voices and The Killing Hand completely, given the stratospheric vocals both songs have, and the fact that medleys are out of the question, and it seems they even are against performing abridged versions of songs. It sucks because I love both songs, but I think it's just reality at this point.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #456 on: January 22, 2023, 04:27:13 PM »

Those songs need to come back at some point for sure! There's lots of great tracks they haven't played in a long, long time.

I'd be shocked if we ever see Voices and TKH again.  LITS?  Fine...as long as JP doesn't try to emulate the guy who did the BGVOX on the album.  Disappear can't really come BACK given that it was only ever played twice.  It'd be a pee break song for me.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #457 on: January 23, 2023, 08:41:02 AM »

It's always possible, but I wouldn't bank on it. They already switched out a significant chunk of the setlist (more than I would've expected), so I'm pretty sure they'll want to play that set of songs for more than just one leg of the tour. Keep in mind they're already (probably) past the halfway point of the whole tour, so it wouldn't make sense for them to switch out even more of the songs for the final one or two legs they have yet to do.

Besides that, I'm pretty sure you can write off Voices and The Killing Hand completely, given the stratospheric vocals both songs have, and the fact that medleys are out of the question, and it seems they even are against performing abridged versions of songs. It sucks because I love both songs, but I think it's just reality at this point.

You are probably right but we see some vocal melodies changes on Caught In A Web and 6:00... So the songs I mentioned may see the stage light again with some changes. Hopefully.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline TheBarstoolWarrior

• PR permission
« Reply #458 on: January 28, 2023, 11:51:57 AM »
Is it confirmed there are future US dates?

Offline JeopardousRaven

« Reply #459 on: January 29, 2023, 05:51:12 PM »
My perfect setlist:

The Mirror
The Glass Prison
This Dying Soul
The Root of All Evil

Intermission

Repentance
The Shattered Fortress
Honor Thy Father
The Best of Times

Encore: A Change of Seasons

Offline jammindude

« Reply #460 on: January 29, 2023, 06:10:39 PM »
My perfect setlist:

The Mirror
The Glass Prison
This Dying Soul
The Root of All Evil

Intermission

Repentance
The Shattered Fortress
Honor Thy Father
The Best of Times

Even though I admit that your first half is definitely the best part of 12SS, and that it takes a downturn in quality for the last two parts…I would still be really disappointed if I was attending a show, and they started it IN ORDER and then not finish it.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #461 on: January 29, 2023, 06:20:16 PM »
My perfect setlist:

The Mirror
The Glass Prison
This Dying Soul
The Root of All Evil

Intermission

Repentance
The Shattered Fortress
Honor Thy Father
The Best of Times

That's a setlist I'd have to be drinking for.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jammindude

« Reply #462 on: January 29, 2023, 06:35:49 PM »
I just now realized that I didn’t read that carefully enough and the final two parts are after the intermission. Sorry.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline JeopardousRaven

« Reply #463 on: January 29, 2023, 07:28:38 PM »
I just now realized that I didn’t read that carefully enough and the final two parts are after the intermission. Sorry.

No worries, it was a joke post. They're all songs that are very personal to MP.  :lol

Offline Trav86

« Reply #464 on: January 30, 2023, 02:27:50 AM »
My perfect setlist:

The Mirror
The Glass Prison
This Dying Soul
The Root of All Evil

Intermission

Repentance
The Shattered Fortress
Honor Thy Father
The Best of Times

Mike, is that you???
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline JiM-Xtreme

« Reply #465 on: January 31, 2023, 11:51:53 AM »
You'd need Never Enough as a second encore...  :lol

Offline The Paddies

« Reply #466 on: February 05, 2023, 09:56:57 AM »
I'd love to see some more obscure shorter songs in their future setlist: like Innocence Faded, Disappear and I Walk Beside You. Eve as well. But the chances are slim, I guess.

Offline DTA

« Reply #467 on: February 05, 2023, 10:07:42 AM »
Disappear only being played twice is unbelievable. Such an incredible song that is just forgotten by the band

Offline The Paddies

« Reply #468 on: February 05, 2023, 10:22:44 AM »
And I believe James has a special connection to Disappear as well, as he wrote very personal lyrics for the song. Maybe they are too confronting? I think he never really explained whom the song is about or has he?

Offline JeopardousRaven

« Reply #469 on: February 05, 2023, 12:39:32 PM »
I'd love to see some more obscure shorter songs in their future setlist: like Innocence Faded, Disappear and I Walk Beside You. Eve as well. But the chances are slim, I guess.

I agree, there'a a lot of material out there that's been neglected live. I'd love to see Burning My Soul with Hell's Kitchen, Hollow Years (in case you couldn't tell I'm a big FII fan), or even Wither. Hell I'd kill to see Anna Lee. They could even bring back the Bombay Vindaloo jam from the early years. I love all of your picks but I'm not sure if James could pull off Innocence Faded now. Although I would have said the same about Caught in a Web a month ago so anything's possible.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #470 on: February 05, 2023, 03:47:56 PM »
And I believe James has a special connection to Disappear as well, as he wrote very personal lyrics for the song. Maybe they are too confronting? I think he never really explained whom the song is about or has he?

He has. He said just saw a random couple in public once and thought about what it would be for o e if the them to lose the other. And he decides to write the lyrics. From what he said it wasn’t anything personal. Just a fictional story.

I doubt we’ll ever see that song live. It’s a good song but boring live.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #471 on: February 05, 2023, 03:48:31 PM »
Check out James singing Innocence Faded recently on Cameo. He slows it down and gives himself more breathing room, but check out how great he sounds even with the high stuff. I would love the band to make a new arrangement of the song if it allows James to sing it like this:

https://youtu.be/QX0k8oRuiOY

Offline The Paddies

« Reply #472 on: February 05, 2023, 04:07:15 PM »

He has. He said just saw a random couple in public once and thought about what it would be for o e if the them to lose the other. And he decides to write the lyrics. From what he said it wasn’t anything personal. Just a fictional story.

Ah yes, I remember that story now. Totally forgot.

Offline The Paddies

« Reply #473 on: February 05, 2023, 04:08:04 PM »
Check out James singing Innocence Faded recently on Cameo. He slows it down and gives himself more breathing room, but check out how great he sounds even with the high stuff. I would love the band to make a new arrangement of the song if it allows James to sing it like this:

https://youtu.be/QX0k8oRuiOY

Sounds great!

Online SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #474 on: July 08, 2023, 04:35:39 PM »
Given James' condition, my realistic setlist would be:

The Root Of All Evil
Answering The Call
Behind The Veil
Stream Of Consciousness / Vacant