Author Topic: Get Out And Vote!  (Read 47706 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Get Out And Vote!
« Reply #140 on: November 02, 2010, 06:20:38 PM »
Dick - 96%
Linda - 3%

After 1% reported.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #141 on: November 02, 2010, 06:26:30 PM »
Fox News and NBC are saying that Rand Paul won in Kentucky. Yay!

Offline j

« Reply #142 on: November 02, 2010, 06:28:23 PM »
Looks like O'Donnell lost in Delaware, too.

That's a shocker.

-J
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 06:48:05 PM by j »

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2010, 06:41:19 PM »

That's a shocker.

-J

I hope you're being sarcastic, because I never really expected O'Donnell to win. She may have been nominated by the republicans in the state, but Delaware is a more liberal state, and I'm certain they can understand how unfit she is for the job

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #144 on: November 02, 2010, 06:44:25 PM »
Tick, what's going on in Bridgeport. I missed some stuff and now they are talking about lawyers and lawsuits and the polls are staying open until ten..??..

EDIT:

Holy Shit this is a cluster fuck if I ever saw one.

I have no idea, but I'm willing to bet "those dirty liberals are trying to steal the election!"  Or maybe it's the Republicans.  Who knows.  What I do know is that we'll see more allegations of wrongdoing than ever, this time around.

I wanted to observe this earlier, but Epicview had already thrown out the voter fraud card and I definitely wanted to keep my distance.  Both sides will point at the other and more and more races will be settled in courts.  Welcome to the new age of tactical disenfranchisement. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline j

« Reply #145 on: November 02, 2010, 06:47:38 PM »

That's a shocker.

-J

I hope you're being sarcastic

Post edited.

-J

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #146 on: November 02, 2010, 06:47:44 PM »
What happened was, someone only ordered 21k ballots, when 69k were suppose to be ordered. Voters were being turned away and sent home. A judge made the call to let the polls stay open longer while more ballots were delivered.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: November 02, 2010, 07:09:45 PM »
Niiiiice. :tup

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: November 02, 2010, 08:20:20 PM »

See I know nothing about the current elections since I've been completely disconnected from the news for a long time so maybe it's not fair for me to judge but I just looked up the person you guys are talking about and he sounds like an utter piece of shit.
I was not aware of what the tea party movement is until sometime earlier last month and it sounds like a neighborhood friendly version of the KKK which is okay but then shamelessly calling someone's God a "monkey God" and still passing as a legit representative of the movement just makes my cheek so red as I boil trying to find out why I personally deserve this.
Or am I misunderstanding something?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #149 on: November 02, 2010, 08:26:25 PM »

See I know nothing about the current elections since I've been completely disconnected from the news for a long time so maybe it's not fair for me to judge but I just looked up the person you guys are talking about and he sounds like an utter piece of shit.
I was not aware of what the tea party movement is until sometime earlier last month and it sounds like a neighborhood friendly version of the KKK which is okay but then shamelessly calling someone's God a "monkey God" and still passing as a legit representative of the movement just makes my cheek so red as I boil trying to find out why I personally deserve this.
nah, its just the liberal media's fault.
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2010, 08:27:59 PM »

No, I think you pretty much got it right.  Welcome to politics in the modern era.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2010, 08:43:29 PM »

I don't at all identify myself with the Tea Party movement, because it's completely ill-defined and allowed countless wackos to jump on its bandwagon. I do support Rand Paul, however, because I agree with the vast majority of his political objectives, simple as that.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2010, 09:30:34 PM »

I don't at all identify myself with the Tea Party movement, because it's completely ill-defined and allowed countless wackos to jump on its bandwagon. I do support Rand Paul, however, because I agree with the vast majority of his political objectives, simple as that.
Exactly. As Wikipedia points out: the libertarian theme of the "tea party" began with Republican Congressman Ron Paul supporters as a fund raising event during the 2008 presidential primaries to end fiat money and the Federal Reserve System, disengage from foreign entanglements in Iraq and Afghanistan, and uphold States' rights.
It started with something I support, then came some wackos who just polluted the party. Rand Paul isn't one of the crazies, so good for him in becoming a Senator.

Offline juice

• om nom nom
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2010, 09:35:04 PM »
I voted. First time.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2010, 09:35:27 PM »
I went out. But I did not vote. So do I get half credit?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2010, 09:35:47 PM »

:facepalm:
This is the problem in a nutshell. You didn't know what the tea party even was until like 15 minutes ago, but you have determined you have it all figured out. Research it before you just spout ignorant remarks based on really nothing.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2010, 09:40:32 PM »

This is the problem in a nutshell. You didn't know what the tea party even was until like 15 minutes ago, but you have determined you have it all figured out. Research it before you just spout ignorant remarks based on really nothing.

to be fair, as far as a lot of people are concerned, it's not too far off, and I've been following it for months now. it's mostly ideological rhetoric and borderline general offensiveness.

This is describing mostly the constituents, not the candidates. the candidates are a bit smarter than their followers

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2010, 09:44:31 PM »

to be fair, as far as a lot of people are concerned, it's not too far off, and I've been following it for months now. it's mostly ideological rhetoric and borderline general offensiveness.

This is describing mostly the constituents, not the candidates. the candidates are a bit smarter than their followers
The thing is, if you want to make statement about something, know what your talking about. Otherwise I don't want to hear it. If you follow politics and know about the tea party and drew that conclusion, then I can respect it. Otherwise its blah blah blah to my ears.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2010, 09:45:55 PM »
At least he did some research. Far better than saying something like that without having ANY background whatsoever

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2010, 09:48:59 PM »
At least he did some research. Far better than saying something like that without having ANY background whatsoever
He did? Reread his post and point any evidence of that, cause I don't see any?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2010, 09:51:36 PM »
He looked into a candidate and read up on the movement.  Moreover, his perspective is reasonable.  What do you want him to do?  Conduct surveys, read books and pen a dissertation?
E.F. Benson

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2010, 09:52:31 PM »

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2010, 09:54:14 PM »
He looked into a candidate and read up on the movement.  Moreover, his perspective is reasonable.  What do you want him to do?  Conduct surveys, read books and pen a dissertation?
Nope, just have a clue, which by his words, I don't believe he does. :tick2:

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2010, 10:02:25 PM »

That told me he heard of them for the first time a month ago. So? Their was still absolutely no substance whatsoever in what he wrote. IMO.
I could care less who agrees with the tea party and who thinks its a joke, that's your business. I found the KKK reference offensive. But of course nothing is offensive if it coincides with your beliefs. Then its perfectly ok.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2010, 10:04:02 PM »
Strangely, because of the notoriety her ineptitude has brought on, I think Christine O'Donnel will do better as a loser than she would have had she won (and been a different sort of loser).  I suspect we're going to see a lot more of her.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #165 on: November 02, 2010, 10:08:24 PM »

That told me he heard of them for the first time a month ago. So? Their was still absolutely no substance whatsoever in what he wrote. IMO.
I could care less who agrees with the tea party and who thinks its a joke, that's your business. I found the KKK reference offensive. But of course nothing is offensive if it coincides with your beliefs. Then its perfectly ok.
For fuck's sake tick.  Are you going to deny that the Tea Party is the party of choice for bigots?  And I want to be perfectly clear that I'm not suggesting that the Tea Party is bigoted, only that bigots would favor it over any other option.

And in terms of offensive remarks, one of the national leaders called his God a monkey.  Now, you don't think he has reason to be offended by that?
E.F. Benson

Offline j

« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2010, 10:27:53 PM »
Strangely, because of the notoriety her ineptitude has brought on, I think Christine O'Donnel will do better as a loser than she would have had she won (and been a different sort of loser).  I suspect we're going to see a lot more of her.

The Sarah Palin Effect.

-J

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2010, 10:46:44 PM »
Prop 19 didn't pass :(

Offline Adami

« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2010, 10:47:27 PM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2010, 10:52:22 PM »
Prop 19 didn't pass :(

What's prop 19?

Pot legalization in California. I'm pretty saddened also, and I'm not a smoker.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Nigerius Rex

• Thats Mr. Doctor Professor Patrick
« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2010, 10:54:17 PM »
Two faced marijuana legalization. It would have been neat to see how it played out with the feds and state level regulation, but overall I think it will serve California better if it does not pass until there is a more legitimate way to legalize it without taxing/feeing/over-regulating it into oblivion.

Offline Adami

« Reply #171 on: November 02, 2010, 10:55:11 PM »
I'm not sure what the point of state legalization is without federal legalization.

Unless it's a catalyst.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: November 02, 2010, 10:55:28 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku1TX9dvHYE

lol you can tell when someone is not a real politician and a statesman. Good for him!

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: November 02, 2010, 10:56:06 PM »
I'm not sure what the point of state legalization is without federal legalization.

Unless it's a catalyst.
That's why I wanted it to pass.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: November 02, 2010, 11:06:24 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku1TX9dvHYE

lol you can tell when someone is not a real politician and a statesman. Good for him!
And I'm happy that this guy is going to be in charge of this Tea Party movement. At least he's a guy that could bring sanity to that movement.