Author Topic: Thoughts About the People on TV  (Read 20309 times)

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
Re: Thoughts About the People on TV
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2010, 10:53:07 AM »
This is an interesting watch..Obamas own words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI77cU3jsFs&feature=related
I've used the term "white folks" the exact same way myself. Well shit, I guess I'm just racist now.

why is this so confusing? its the rest of the sentence!!! and pattern that is the real issue..

you seem to see it with Beck? but you can see it with Obama? thats the point
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2010, 10:56:06 AM »
The point is Beck is NOT a racist.. he was quoting Obama..Beck has no history of racism..nor does anyone think he is a racist.

but Obama has a very muddied past of delving into racist issues with his BLT associations and far worse..and Obama goes and says it print and speeches, books..and thats fine?
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2010, 11:11:55 AM »
here is is again in more context

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySM63ES8t4U&feature=related
Rev. Wright is a lunatic. We all know that. What are you trying to prove? Obama lied about it so he wouldn't be tied to him? I don't blame him, any other politician would have done the same thing. All politicians lie man, its nothing new. Get with the program.

SS,

Obama wrote 2 books, they are not "obscure"..Im always shocked how many who voted for him never read them, but those who read them and see his racist side are "not informed"...

fascinating.

Again, I don't like Obama either. I just don't feel compelled to read all his books especially when I have other financial woes to tend to.

he sat in his church for 20 years... this is why Obamas assocatiation is paramount

My biological mother hates jews and is very open about it. I don't live with her anymore, but she raised me for many years and there is an undeniable association with that. I think antisemitism is retarded personally, but does the fact that she is my mother mean I should be suspect if I ever ran for political office?

The point is Beck is NOT a racist.. he was quoting Obama..Beck has no history of racism..nor does anyone think he is a racist.

but Obama has a very muddied past of delving into racist issues with his BLT associations and far worse..and Obama goes and says it print and speeches, books..and thats fine?
When did I say he was? He just said that Obama was which is a silly thing to say and makes him look like an idiot.

The hell is BLT?
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2010, 11:13:57 AM »
Once again because no one responded, can anyone prove Glen Becks claims to be blatant lies?
I want the truth. I can handle it. :tick2:

dont hold your breath..LOL

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2010, 11:15:10 AM »
Once again because no one responded, can anyone prove Glen Becks claims to be blatant lies?
There's no way to prove or disprove if Obama is racist or not, but you have to admit that's a very ridiculous thing to say on nation television regardless and makes it nearly impossible to take you seriously without any proof.
He makes many more claims about other things then just that. I can of them be proven to be lies? I really want to know if they have?
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2010, 11:19:11 AM »
There's no way to prove or disprove if Obama is racist or not, but you have to admit that's a very ridiculous thing to say on nation television regardless and makes it nearly impossible to take you seriously without any proof.
He makes many more claims about other things then just that. I can of them be proven to be lies? I really want to know if they have?
I don't watch Glenn Beck so I don't have a documented knowledge of what everything he has said, but the links I showed earlier (one of them at least) had a date of what show that Beck made that statement. There is no proof for the validity of the statement, and claiming Obama to be racist is a really bold thing to say without any evidence. Of course, there's no way to know otherwise but I think I'll stick with the mindset that Beck is saying things to stir his fans up.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2010, 11:20:48 AM »
SS, sorry to hear about your mom...thats sad..

but your analogy is weak..

Obama chose Wright..he wasnt subjugated to have to stay with him...BLT is Black Liberation Theology, what Wright preaches..Wright babtized Obamas kids at Obamas request.. Farakan was on the Trumpet News letter of Wrights Church..it goes on and on and on..with Obama.. This is what Obama BELIEVES...he never tried to get aways from it.. he stayed for 20 years of this hatred..How can anyone trust Obama after that? and his assocatioan as I listed in some thread are ENDLESS

He lied and tried to ditch Wright when it was politcally savy...AKA: he got caught.

find out about this on your own..so you can embrace what Im saying, and not think Im trying to use "conservative blogs" lol.

PS: Im proud of you as far as your rejecting antisemitism...You are a good dude..please find out about what Im saying on Obama

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2010, 11:26:09 AM »

Obama chose Wright..he wasnt subjugated to have to stay with him...BLT is Black Liberation Theology, what Wright preaches..Wright babtized Obamas kids at Obamas request.. Farakan was on the Trumpet News letter of Wrights Church..it goes on and on and on..with Obama.. This is what Obama BELIEVES...he never tried to get aways from it.. he stayed for 20 years of this hatred..How can anyone trust Obama after that? and his assocatioan as I listed in some thread are ENDLESS

He lied and tried to ditch Wright when it was politcally savy...AKA: he got caught.

find out about this on your own..so you can embrace what Im saying, and not think Im trying to use "conservative blogs" lol.

PS: Im proud of you as far as your rejcting antisemitism...You are a good dude..please find out about what Im saying on Obama
Its nothing really, I'm my own man, I've chosen not to associate with her anymore. But that's beside the point.

I want evidence of this (Baptizing his own kids at BLT), and I don't consider obvious right-wing blogs to be evidence despite what you say. I want you to find this out because you're the one saying that Obama is racist. The burden of proof is on you not me (lolzomgnuggetz :neverusethis: ). If I made a radical claim, I'd need to prove it using real sources, and not random blogs.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2010, 11:37:29 AM »

PS: Im proud of you as far as your rejecting antisemitism...You are a good dude..please find out about what Im saying on Obama

The problem I've had with the whole Obama/Wright thing, is that just because he attends his church doesn't mean he subscribes to his beliefs.

For example: the former Rabbi of my synagogue had some pretty heated sermons. During the High Holidays, and especially during Yom Kippur, he would go on and on about how Israel should be a purely Jewish state, and how all the Palestinians should be kicked out, yadda yadda yadda.

I hate thinking like that. I feel that Israel CAN exist as a Palestinian and Jewish state, but neither side has given that a chance, really. But would you say that I'm anti-Palestinian just because my Rabbi is?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2010, 11:41:07 AM »
PLM,

You should consider leaving that temple, if you dont subscribe to that view.

but BLT is a little more then "one church" it borders on a political movement.. a social movement..

find out about it..I dont have the time to "teach" LOL..I do the best I can to just get people to "think"

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2010, 11:42:07 AM »

The problem I've had with the whole Obama/Wright thing, is that just because he attends his church doesn't mean he subscribes to his beliefs.

Exactly. I went to catholic schools for 10 years, went to mass hundreds of times, and I am completely opposed to all religion.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2010, 11:42:59 AM »

PS: Im proud of you as far as your rejcting antisemitism...You are a good dude..please find out about what Im saying on Obama
Its nothing really, I'm my own man, I've chosen not to associate with her anymore. But that's beside the point.

I want evidence of this (Baptizing his own kids at BLT), and I don't consider obvious right-wing blogs to be evidence despite what you say. I want you to find this out because you're the one saying that Obama is racist. The burden of proof is on you not me (lolzomgnuggetz :neverusethis: ). If I made a radical claim, I'd need to prove it using real sources, and not random blogs.

You still have to prove that Beck lied... thats going to be tough.. proving Obama has having a racist side is easy...read his books!

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2010, 11:43:31 AM »
PLM,

You should consider leaving that temple, if you dont subscribe to that view.

but BLT is a little more then "one church" it borders on a political movement.. a social movement..

find out about it..I dont have the time to "teach" LOL..I do the best I can to just get people to "think"

You'll note I said 'former' Rabbi. He retired a few years ago.

But I wouldn't have left anyway. All in all, the prayer itself was the same, and that's what matters in a place of worship, right?

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2010, 11:47:54 AM »

You still have to prove that Beck lied... thats going to be tough.. proving Obama has having a racist side is easy...read his books!
1. I never said he lied, although I do think he's talking out of his ass.
2. I don't have access to the books, as I said before.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2010, 11:50:34 AM »
I forget Wright also married the Obamas... and Obama named his book after Wrights sermons

Here it again mentions the baptizing of Obamas Children..

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/04/29/2008-04-29_obama_expresses_outrage_over_former_past.html

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2010, 11:55:21 AM »
I forget Wright also married the Obamas... and Obama named his book after Wrights sermons

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/04/29/2008-04-29_obama_expresses_outrage_over_former_past.html
Thank you for not using a blog this time :P

Anyway, most religious people tend to have close relationships with their pastors, its not that uncommon. Is it cause for concern? Possibly, but dude you just can't jump the gun and scream "OBAMA IS RACIST OBAMA IS RACIST" because of that.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2010, 12:12:33 PM »

Anyway, most religious people tend to have close relationships with their pastors, its not that uncommon. Is it cause for concern? Possibly, but dude you just can't jump the gun and scream "OBAMA IS RACIST OBAMA IS RACIST" because of that.

cmon, his relationship with Obama is beyond tight...this is getting stupid now. can you name another President with these type of associations???

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2010, 12:17:06 PM »
Obama wants it both ways.. Obama is the one who deals in racism.. thats part of Black Liberation Theology.. look at their charter!!! for starters...what makes me upset is the lib media didnt report all this.

now..Im to believe Beck is a racist for reciting Obamas own words?? 

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2010, 12:18:10 PM »
Obama wants it both ways.. Obama is the one who deals in racism.. thats part of Black Liberation Theology.. look at their charter!!! for starters...what makes me upset is the lib media didnt report all this.

How exactly does Obama deal in racism?

Offline ehra

« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2010, 12:21:21 PM »

cmon, his relationship with Obama is beyond tight...this is getting stupid now. can you name another President with these type of associations???

What, you mean a president who went to a church and was married by a pastor from that church?

You don't always have the option of just "going to another church." There aren't always multiple churches within reasonable distance. And sometimes the community makes up for other areas that are lacking. There are a multitude of reasons for Obama to have continued going even if he disagreed with with some of the comments his pastor made.

Hell, if anything I'd prefer a pastor that made claims I strongly disagreed with over the last few I've had who pretty much repeat "God is awesome, worship Jesus" every Saturday. At least then I'd have to question why they're wrong and I'm right.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2010, 12:25:32 PM »

read the thread from the start..thanks!

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2010, 12:25:42 PM »
The fact that Jon Stewart is treated as a rival/equal by alot of this pundits says alot about the the state of news reporting in the US.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2010, 12:26:24 PM »

What, you mean a president who went to a church and was married by a pastor from that church?

You don't always have the option of just "going to another church." There aren't always multiple churches within reasonable distance. And sometimes the community makes up for other areas that are lacking. There are a multitude of reasons for Obama to have continued going even if he disagreed with with some of the comments his pastor made.

Hell, if anything I'd prefer a pastor that made claims I strongly disagreed with over the last few I've had who pretty much repeat "God is awesome, worship Jesus" every Saturday. At least then I'd have to question why they're wrong and I'm right.

This is Chicago...

Offline ehra

« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2010, 12:28:31 PM »

This is Chicago...

I guess that's supposed to counter every point I made?

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2010, 12:32:52 PM »

read the thread from the start..thanks!

Yeah I'm not seeing anything that says he deals in racism over the past two pages

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2010, 12:35:27 PM »
ehra ^your post makes no sense to me..

He could have found another church in a nano second..its Chicago..

your logic says " go to a Chruch that the pastor is a lunatic, that way its fun and not what you think"

Its a place of worship.. where people of common minds and vlaues come together.. not a debate team challenge gathering LOL..

but not Obamas church.. they gave a lifetime acheivment award to FARAKAN... but Obama he is sooooo smart...how could he know? only 20 years there...

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2010, 12:37:37 PM »
all of this on Obama is so old and stale..you all really have no idea? I find it hard to believe..

Offline ehra

« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2010, 12:39:04 PM »

Staying at a church with a pastor you might not agree with 100% because of the rest of the community doesn't make any sense to you? Or because it's at a more convenient location? Or because you don't feel like finding a new one? Or any other number of reasons? Ok.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2010, 12:42:45 PM »

Staying at a church with a pastor you might not agree with 100% because of the rest of the community doesn't make any sense to you? Or because it's at a more convenient location? Or because you don't feel like finding a new one? Or any other number of reasons? Ok.

aint a regular church..and NO its not acceptable to stay in a house of hatred and racism to me..

how do you know it was convienient? maybe he pased many others to get there

Offline ehra

« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2010, 12:46:18 PM »

aint a regular church..and NO its not acceptable to stay in a house of hatred and racism to me..

Read my post. I was listing multiple possible reasons. I don't know anymore you do, yet that doesn't keep you from saying he absolutely should have left.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2010, 12:49:47 PM »

Read my post. I was listing multiple possible reasons. I don't know anymore you do, yet that doesn't keep you from saying he absolutely should have left.

well...he left... after he got exposed, why didnt he stay?

Offline ehra

« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2010, 12:51:36 PM »

well...he left... after he got exposed, why dint he stay?

Because people love to make mountains out of ant hills. It politically stupid for anyone to keep doing something that the public is throwing a tantrum over.