Author Topic: Thoughts About the People on TV  (Read 20311 times)

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
Re: Thoughts About the People on TV
« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2010, 09:43:36 AM »
As far as MSNBC, they every bit as bad at Fox for being 100% bias in the way they report the news. Their is simply nothing fair about them that puts them even a little bit above Fox as far as non bias journalism goes.

Speaking of which, they really should just give Pat Buchanan his own show. I wish Fox would bring on a token liberal of similar stature regularly, instead of the normal county-college poli-sci professors they just bring on as strawman to yell at. And anyway I'm not sure who it could be.

I see lots of Liberals on Fox.. they do seem to keep it equal....Sean has a liberal every night on the panel..
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2010, 09:46:29 AM »
I wouldn't know. Sean makes me want to leave the country.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2010, 09:51:24 AM »
I wouldn't know. Sean makes me want to leave the country.

to my point of "if you dont watch then how can you know"  Id like to see MSNBC even remotely look or even FAKE being objective...its like Liberal lunatic headquarters... I watch it to make sure Im facile on the other side..Maddow and Olberman are mental midgits, who only attack the GOP , and the worst part is the lying..

"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2010, 09:57:43 AM »
I've watched Hannity's "Great American Panel." It sucks. Hannity is terrible. The worst, even. His program is not, in any way, objective.

I don't know why you're complaining though, since during the Bush years MSNBC was the only haven for libertarian ideas in the mainstream press while Fox was busy black-outing them and censoring Ron Paul's presidential campaign. 

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2010, 10:03:04 AM »
all I did was mention I was changing out a battery in the garage, watching the networks report the poll results? my point was my hands were busy , and I couldnt type earlier...but Im sorry if that somehow you felt was off subject..I was justadding a bit of humanity mixed in that I wish I could relax and watch the TV more closely.. thats the subject? the people on tv..

I was referring to your shift in topic to Obama, which is not what the thread is about.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2010, 10:30:14 AM »
In reading through the last few pages, I wanted to correct something that EV apparently misconstrued. 

No one said that Glenn Beck is a racist.  They said that he is an idiot for saying that he thought Obama was a racist.  And when he said that, he WAS NOT quoting Obama.  He was expressing a personal opinion of his.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2010, 11:13:55 AM »
In reading through the last few pages, I wanted to correct something that EV apparently misconstrued. 

No one said that Glenn Beck is a racist.  They said that he is an idiot for saying that he thought Obama was a racist.  And when he said that, he WAS NOT quoting Obama.  He was expressing a personal opinion of his.

OK.. fair enough I guess HD

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2010, 11:28:25 AM »
As far as MSNBC, they every bit as bad at Fox for being 100% bias in the way they report the news. Their is simply nothing fair about them that puts them even a little bit above Fox as far as non bias journalism goes.

Speaking of which, they really should just give Pat Buchanan his own show. I wish Fox would bring on a token liberal of similar stature regularly, instead of the normal county-college poli-sci professors they just bring on as strawman to yell at. And anyway I'm not sure who it could be.

I see lots of Liberals on Fox.. they do seem to keep it equal....Sean has a liberal every night on the panel..
Ok, now that isn't true. Lets be fair, they don't keep it equal just as MSNBC doesn't keep it equal.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2010, 11:31:02 AM »
Funny that this is coming up (although it might have been from the other thread--who can tell anymore).  The feature story of the Dallas Observer, which I was reading over lunch, was about tea party darling Stephen Broden, who's a frequent guest of Glen Beck's, fairly racist, and suggests that a violent overthrow of the government should be on the table.  The guy sounds like a real winner.  His best moment was hinting that Obamacare was about making it easier for black women to get abortions in a backhanded attempt at eugenics.  

And people wonder why the tea party is so linked to radicals.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2010, 11:36:24 AM »
His best moment was hinting that Obamacare was about making it easier for black women to get abortions in a backhanded attempt at eugenics.  

That's pretty outlandish, even for the Tea Party

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2010, 11:37:43 AM »

And people wonder why the tea party is so linked to radicals.
Do you mean like Obama is? or in a different way? :tick2:

just sayin...

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2010, 11:38:55 AM »
take a look a look at this

Chris Screwball Mathews.." calls the the GOP the WHITE BOY club"..last night...and is there one person thats not a far left whack on that panel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbWXlF4nVbY&feature=player_embedded

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2010, 11:43:44 AM »
take a look a look at this

Chris Screwball Mathews.." calls the the GOP the WHITE BOY club"..last night...and is there one person thats not a far left whack on that panel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbWXlF4nVbY&feature=player_embedded
What a bunch of dicks.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2010, 11:56:27 AM »
its been objectively proven Fox is the most fair as far as air time to both parties..

Bill gives equal time to both sides

Sean has a diverse panel each night

the rest of the shows are news.. Greta is like Geraldo..more news pieces..
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 12:03:03 PM by EPICVIEW »

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2010, 11:59:43 AM »
I'm starting to doubt you know what objective really means.
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2010, 12:03:58 PM »

Oh I do.. do you?

please dont tell me CNN or the BBC are objective either...

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2010, 12:05:54 PM »

Oh I do.. do you?

No, far from it. There's an obvious liberal bias present within them, but Fox is also has a ridiculous conservative bias as much as those guys  :facepalm:

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2010, 12:09:27 PM »

Oh I do.. do you?

No, far from it. There's an obvious liberal bias present within them, but Fox is also has a ridiculous conservative bias as much as those guys  :facepalm:

sorry  Fox is as fair as it gets..its a good read

read the link
https://www.forbes.com/2009/11/14/fox-news-barack-obama-media-opinions-contributors-s-robert-lichter.html

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2010, 12:12:58 PM »
CNN is far and beyond the other two as far as equal time. Their problem is that they're too light handed with almost every issue as if they're afraid of offending anyone at all. Anderson Cooper, wether you like his personality or not, is the benchmark that the rest should be measured by. Unfortunately, he's the only one on that network that's willing to show any balls.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2010, 12:21:05 PM »
CNN is far and beyond the other two as far as equal time. Their problem is that they're too light handed with almost every issue as if they're afraid of offending anyone at all. Anderson Cooper, wether you like his personality or not, is the benchmark that the rest should be measured by. Unfortunately, he's the only one on that network that's willing to show any balls.

CNN has that Reuters feel to it... I have to say I really dont watch them much

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2010, 12:25:20 PM »
its been objectively proven Fox is the most fair as far as air time to both parties..

I personally don't question their integrity. I believe they have integrity, and I believe they are fair, but the statement they they have as many liberals on the network as conservatives is just an untrue statement.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2010, 12:27:30 PM »

Oh I do.. do you?

No, far from it. There's an obvious liberal bias present within them, but Fox is also has a ridiculous conservative bias as much as those guys  :facepalm:

read the link
https://www.forbes.com/2009/11/14/fox-news-barack-obama-media-opinions-contributors-s-robert-lichter.html

Read the link.

The source used is The Center for Media and Public Affairs which apparently receives funding from conservative sources, which seriously devalues any merit Fox or the article has to "objectivity".

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2010, 12:42:35 PM »

Oh I do.. do you?

read the link

Read the link.

The source used is The Center for Media and Public Affairs which apparently receives funding from conservative sources, which seriously devalues any merit Fox or the article has to "objectivity".

you got any proof?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2010, 12:44:50 PM »

I personally don't question their integrity. I believe they have integrity, and I believe they are fair, but the statement they they have as many liberals on the network as conservatives is just an untrue statement.

Tick ( You rock bro)
My point is that Fox is as fair as it gets.. imagine what we put up with before Fox? it was all pure liberal BS

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2010, 12:48:45 PM »

Oh I do.. do you?

read the link

Read the link.

you got any proof?
Sure

This comes from FAIR (Fairness And Accuracy In Reporting) mind you, but I hope you'll accept this?

https://www.fair.org/extra/9807/myth-makers.html
https://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2515

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #165 on: November 03, 2010, 12:55:23 PM »
This is amazing.. Chris Mathews never fails to amaze with hostility and non objective BS...and he is a blatent liar

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/11/02/bachmann_to_msnbcs_matthews_that_thrill_isnt_tingly_anymore.html

Offline j

« Reply #166 on: November 03, 2010, 01:00:06 PM »

Actually, I agree about Cooper.  I'm not a fan of his reporting style/delivery (although that goes for the vast majority of reporters), but I think the dude has some integrity and honestly takes what he does seriously.  I feel like he's one of the only real journalists that makes an effort to rise above the bullshit and see all sides of things, and is willing to ask tough questions when necessary, etc.

-J

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #167 on: November 03, 2010, 01:03:26 PM »
Chris Matthews is my equivalent to the disdain people have for Glen Beck. I can't stand Matthews. He is a pompous ass, and speaks out his ass as much as anyone in the media, imo. :tick2:

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #168 on: November 03, 2010, 01:05:14 PM »
This is amazing.. Chris Mathews never fails to amaze with hostility and non objective BS...and he is a blatent liar

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/11/02/bachmann_to_msnbcs_matthews_that_thrill_isnt_tingly_anymore.html

Yes, he's an idiot but, should he have settled for the bullshit answer she was giving him?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #169 on: November 03, 2010, 01:05:57 PM »
SS,
I read that Fair.org stuff, but still dont see how it says otherwise about Fox being fair?

it did go into Brent Bozell.. who to me has always been a pretty straight shooter...

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2010, 01:07:51 PM »

Yes, he's an idiot but, should he have settled for the bullshit answer she was giving him?

any objective viewer could see his baited questions were nonsense..and she could hardly hear him in that crowd... Mathews is pure garbage, a bitter Obamanaut

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2010, 01:08:36 PM »
The Forbes article said according to The Center for Media and Public Affairs that Fox was fair and balanced, while TCFMAPA receives donations from conservative sources. Fox is an obvious conservative base. Am I making things clear?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2010, 01:11:13 PM »
The Forbes article said according to The Center for Media and Public Affairs that Fox was fair and balanced, while TCFMAPA receives donations from conservative sources. Fox is an obvious conservative base. Am I making things clear?

No... the point is that Fox gives equal time for alternative views.. much more then any other mainstream outlet... I did not see Fair say otherwise?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2010, 01:12:25 PM »
and to be honest " who is Fair.org"? do you know who funds them? maybe liberal groups?  does that concern you?

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2010, 01:14:38 PM »

any objective viewer could see his baited questions were nonsense..and she could hardly hear him in that crowd... Mathews is pure garbage, a bitter Obamanaut

It was far from being a baited question. If she went on his program and made a statement and is now in a position to make good on her statement then it's his right to ask her about it.

Was he being a dipshit for asking her is she's been hypnotized? Absolutely. Is he a partisan hack? Absolutely. Are you dancing around my question in the same manor that she danced around his? Absolutely.