Author Topic: Will Mike be There?  (Read 7255 times)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Will Mike be There?
« on: October 30, 2010, 05:06:58 PM »
Does anyone know if Mike is planning on attending the ceremony for Dream Theaters induction into the LI Hall Of Fame?
He should go, but will he?
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Will Mike be There?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 05:12:00 PM »
I highly doubt it, but at the same time I can't see him missing it.

Offline Algo Fonix

• The Generic Dr. Pepper
  • DT.net Member
  • Pretty tired
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 05:17:42 PM »
I really hope he's there.  But as was said before, it's hard to imagine it either way right now.  He definitely deserves to be there, for sure.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 05:18:57 PM »
It would be classy for him to show up, considering he founded the band. If he does not go, he will just look worse then he already does in the eyes of the fan base. It will be interesting to see what he decides.
I hope he shows.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 05:20:22 PM »
I think it conflicts with A7X's touring schedule
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline John94

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 05:25:18 PM »
Hope he is. Doubt he will be. Would be nice of him to record a video to show or something. If he did turn up maybe he would have a little think.

Watching the WDAD-Reunite documentary the other day was kinda awkward hearing JP say that MP is his best-friend and all that stuff.

EDIT: Not in person. Just checked that he is in Germany with the "boys"

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 05:26:06 PM »
Dude, you never posted an avatar! That whole epic thread for nothing! I am disgusted!

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 05:28:22 PM »

Watching the WDAD-Reunite documentary the other day was kinda awkward hearing JP say that MP is his best-friend and all that stuff.
1 out of every 2 marriages ends in divorce. The point is, you never know. I'm sure they still love each other, but sometimes things change.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 05:47:07 PM by tick »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 05:29:02 PM »
What date is it?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 05:46:24 PM »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 05:52:47 PM »
https://www.avengedsevenfold.com/shows

Looks like they have a show in Germany that day.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 05:59:32 PM by wolfking »

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 05:58:17 PM »

Looks like there have a show in Germany that day.
Well, then I guess that ends this discussion.
Hopefully he will record something to be played.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 06:00:12 PM »

Sorry tick.  :(

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 06:01:13 PM »

Sorry tick.  :(
No, don't be. I'd rather know that then discuss something that is pointless. :tup

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 06:27:29 PM »
It would be classy for him to show up, considering he founded the band. If he does not go, he will just look worse then he already does in the eyes of the fan base. It will be interesting to see what he decides.
I hope he shows.

Not necessarily true.  Whether or not he shows up is irrelevant.  What he DOES IF he shows up is.  Besides, I think it conflicts with A7X's tour.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 06:31:11 PM »
I hope he shows.

Not necessarily true.  Whether or not he shows up is irrelevant.  What he DOES IF he shows up is.  Besides, I think it conflicts with A7X's tour.
If you read the whole thread you will find it has become irrelevant. But I see your point. He is playing on the date so its all mute.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 06:37:13 PM »
The event is Nov. 16 and he will not be there.  I spoke with one of the event coordinators when the ceremony was announced.  He plays a show that very night with Avenged Sevenfold in Germany.  He is drumming on their tour.  How could he up and abandoned them?  It would very unprofessional.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 06:43:25 PM »
*insert fanboi joke in poor taste about "the same way he abandoned DT here*

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 06:43:39 PM »
The event is Nov. 16 and he will not be there.  I spoke with one of the event coordinators when the ceremony was announced.  He plays a show that very night with Avenged Sevenfold in Germany.  He is drumming on their tour.  How could he up and abandoned them?  It would very unprofessional.
Does anyone read a thread before they post? No offense but this was established a few posts back, Mebert.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 06:46:00 PM »
Does anyone read a thread before they post? No offense but this was established a few posts back, Mebert.

You said it was Nov 11.  He corrected you, and provided additional insight, confirming MP's intention to play with A7X.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 06:49:52 PM »

You said it was Nov 11.  He corrected you, and provided additional insight, confirming MP's intention to play with A7X.
I didn't catch the date correction. My apology.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 07:47:36 PM »

My bad.  But since you're gonna call me out on it, no offense but the issue of Mike not attending was already established at the thread linked below.   ;)   The Hall of Fame coordinators are supposedly getting DT to play an acoustic set, which should be cool! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=17003.0.  ;)

To me, the bigger question is whether Kevin Moore would attend.  He's a Long Island native and was a founding member.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Ħ

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 07:53:47 PM »

My bad.  But since you're gonna call me out on it, no offense but the issue of Mike not attending was already established at the thread linked below.   ;)   The Hall of Fame coordinators are supposedly getting DT to play an acoustic set, which should be cool! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=17003.0.  ;)

To me, the bigger question is whether Kevin Moore would attend.  He's a Long Island native and was a founding member.

Not sure if serious...but I do believe he lives in Turkey.  It's times like this when we need SeRoX back...
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 08:40:20 PM »
You were around when SeRoX was?

Offline Ħ

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2010, 08:44:25 PM »
Friends with him on the JLB forums...been lurking for a while too, and he was always pretty funny.  And I recall he had connections with KM, or something.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 12:59:56 AM »

Not sure if serious...but I do believe he lives in Turkey.  It's times like this when we need SeRoX back...
I've heard Kevin doesn't live in Turkey anymore. If I remember correctly, he's living in Florida nowadays.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 03:31:55 AM »
Dude, you never posted an avatar! That whole epic thread for nothing! I am disgusted!

I was hoping for more submissions before I chose, but the thread was slowly fading away... So I am going to choose at the end of today.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 03:40:57 AM by Shadow2222 »
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2010, 09:00:31 AM »
Woah. Kevin Moore at that event would be awesome...

Offline nikostheater

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2010, 03:50:20 PM »
John wrote on twitter a few minutes ago:
John Petrucci On my way to the 2010 Long Island Music Hall of Fame induction ceremony at Oheka Castle. Should be fun!

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2010, 05:43:15 PM »
That would be kind of weird if KM just showed up. No announcement, just walks up like "Hey guys, how's it goin? Haven't seen you for a while."

Offline robwebster

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 06:06:28 PM »
That would be kind of weird if KM just showed up. No announcement, just walks up like "Hey guys, how's it goin? Haven't seen you for a while."
That would be an incredibly classy thing to do.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2010, 06:20:48 PM »
That would be an incredibly classy thing to do.
An accoustic Space Dye Vest!!! We'd hear MP screaming all the way from Europe!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »
 :lol

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2010, 08:09:17 PM »
An accoustic Space Dye Vest!!! We'd hear MP screaming all the way from Europe!
-Mr. Petrucci, you've got a call from Europe.
-Hello?
-YOU GUYS FUCKING SUCK 25 YEARS AND NEVER DID YOU PLAY THAT SONG AND YOU FINALLY DECIDED TO PLAY IT NOW THAT IM NOT IN THE BAND? WHAT'S NEXT, DESMOND CHILD MAKING OUR SONGS AGAIN? WHAT THE FUCK!? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
*hangs the phone*

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2010, 08:47:30 PM »
 :rollin
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />