Author Topic: Steel Panther (Don't know SP? Watch the Trailer in reply #71, thank me later)  (Read 55060 times)

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
I find the thing that stands between me and my enjoyment of steel panther is that I can't listen to the songs properly cos I'm too busy pissing myself with laughter

Laughing is what I would consider enjoyment. That's the intention! :lol
haha yeah, but I have to listen to each song like a million times cos I miss 90% of the lyrics each time around cos I'm laughing so much

Ok, I can see how that might get in the way! I find them funny, but not quite that funny. :lol
They appeal to my childish side a little too much I guess :P I'm exaggerating about how much of a problem this is in a vague attempt at illustrating how ridiculously funny I find them!
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Soooo... The Glory Hole video might be my favorite music video ever. I absolutely lost it when the clown got completely coated in baby gravy all over your face yeahhhh! Woahhh, wooahhhhh. There she blows!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
LOVE the new album. I think GBATOFH is my favorite guitar riff on the album.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
The intro riff to Pussywhipped is fuckin' smoking. Shame that the rest of the song isn't up to scratch, imho. Other than that, it's a great album, though. Not quite as good as Feel the Steel, but miles ahead of Balls Out, that's for sure. I especially love Glory Hole, Bukkake Tears and If I Was the King.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Steel panther tonight!! :metal

Beer and boobs and rock n' roll!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Sweet.  Enjoy!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
Steel panther tonight!! :metal

Beer and boobs and rock n' roll!!

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

First time? You're gonna have a blast!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
If I wore panties, they would be soaked after this show! :metal

I'll post a few pics tomorrow!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
They were tight as all hell!  Loved the interplay between songs and boobs, boobs, boobs.  Can't show those pics but here's a few others from the show.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
Did they play a lot of stuff from the new album?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
The chances of seeing Steel Panther for me are pretty slim, I think, but if I did, I wouldn't mind if they played every song in their catalogue except for Fat Girl. Never enjoyed that one. :dunno:

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Aww c'mon................ "I'm going to buy you a million happy meals yeah "  ;D  Classic  :metal
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 09:31:45 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
The video for Pussywhipped is finally out.  NSFW.  Damned good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUUc4Cq5NJc

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Steel Panther should do faster songs like this one more often.  They seem to do too many mid tempo ones.

Good song and video.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
Until today I thought that the chorus of Eyes of a Panther says "lips like Satan".

I now feel very stupid.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Dat intro tho!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ronnibran

Until today I thought that the chorus of Eyes of a Panther says "lips like Satan".

I now feel very stupid.

If they don't say that, what is it they say?  I just looked up the lyrics at darklyrics.com and that's what is posted there too.   Ha, hopefully you weren't being sarcastic, in which case I totally missed it!!!  I'm kinda slow like that.

edit: oh, and nice new video!  THanks for the share.  I follow them on twitter but somehow missed it if they posted about it.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member

I now feel very stupid.

If they don't say that, what is it they say?  I just looked up the lyrics at darklyrics.com and that's what is posted there too.   Ha, hopefully you weren't being sarcastic, in which case I totally missed it!!!  I'm kinda slow like that.

I thought today that "lips like satin" would make a lot more sense, actually, so I just assumed that those were the lyrics, 'cause "lips like Satan" doesn't really make all that much sense to me. I didn't check it though and it seems I was right initially. Whelp. What do ya know.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
I was always sure it was Satan.

New video is meh for them, as is the song. When you compare it to the other music videos from the album, it's clearly the weakest. Funny concept though.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
That song was a great opening song Blob when I saw them.  Got the crowd pumped.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
That song was a great opening song Blob when I saw them.  Got the crowd pumped.

You guys talking about P-whipped? I haven't seen it yet. I really like the song as an opener for an album though.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: Steel Panther (Don't know SP? Watch the Trailer in reply #71, thank me later)
« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2014, 06:46:33 AM »
I don't know if you guys saw yesterday's post on SP's Facebook page?  The winner of the Steel Panther Halloween look alike contest, where the winner gets a signed vinyl?  The winner, who dressed as Satchel, is the guitarist for a metal band in my area.  I just saw and talked to the guy Wednesday night.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Steel Panther (Don't know SP? Watch the Trailer in reply #71, thank me later)
« Reply #199 on: December 19, 2014, 12:33:08 PM »

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2014, 02:26:05 PM »
The stocking stuffer song is fantastic!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2014, 11:10:48 PM »
Steel Panther do their gimmick very well.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2014, 01:56:19 PM »
I wish they would make a legitimate Christmas release. There is so much potential.

"Lick my balls and wait for gravy. Fa la la la la, la la la la"

"Going to the show. Gonna do blow on they way. Snowing in my nose. Laughing all the way"

"I bought this toy for you. Put it up in your bum"

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #203 on: December 30, 2014, 06:41:04 AM »
Steel Panther live in Philadelphia, tonight on Yahoo Live:

https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/steel-panther

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #204 on: December 30, 2014, 10:39:42 AM »
^^ I'm thinking about watching that.  Should I?  I do not know any of their stuff, but I keep reading their names a lot.  Glam metal-like bands of any kind does nothing for me.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: December 30, 2014, 11:14:13 AM »
It's glam metal but with real dirty lyrics.  They were fantastic live.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #206 on: December 30, 2014, 11:53:28 AM »
^^ I'm thinking about watching that.  Should I?  I do not know any of their stuff, but I keep reading their names a lot.  Glam metal-like bands of any kind does nothing for me.

If glam metal isn't your thing, they will likely not do anything for you musically. You might get a kick out of the comedy though

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #207 on: December 31, 2014, 06:32:50 AM »
T'was an excellent show, as always.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
For anyone who may have missed the announcement, SP will be playing Jimmy Kimmel Live on January 14th!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
I'm really curious about what they are going to play. I believe they have a radio edit of community property.