Author Topic: Poll: Bush better president than Obama  (Read 23362 times)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Re: Poll: Bush better president than Obama
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2010, 09:52:18 AM »
I agree 100% with Tick...and who was Obama? he is not qualified for much...But Soros bought that election

we were told he was the great "orator" and he cant even form a sentence without a teleprompter..

GWB would screw up a few words with no teleprompter talking from the heart, and the media would scream that GWB was an idiot..

Man do I hate the Liberal media..

so you are siding with a spoiled drunk who got the job thanks to his daddy than a guy who actually worked with the poor and worked his way up the party on his own? good to know.
and by what basis and experience did Obama become president? He should thank his lucky stars Bush fucked up or where would he be?
It is too early, but it would appear Bush had a better first two years then Obama.
Then came 9/11 Who knows what his presidency would have been without his pride sending us into 2 unnecessary wars?
He only had 9 months, and he spent those on vacation, but that's not a bad thing at all.

You raise an interesting point, though.  I suspect that his presidency would have been viewed as successful without 911, although it's debatable as to whether or not he would have gotten a second term without the "war-time leader" nonsense.  His style would have been to stay in the background and not meddle in things he doesn't understand, which most view as a reasonable approach.  The simple truth is that he's an imbecile, but that doesn't matter too much if he doesn't interject himself into situations needlessly.  He would have made some silly decisions, but probably no more than any other president.
and Obama is an intellectual imbecille. His actions prove it. He is all brains and zero common sense. Slow down...think...  then react. :tick2: Gets better results.

I don't really understand your intellectual imbecile remark.  However, slow down, think, react is a fine approach.  Honestly, that's what Obama seems to do, and gets some flack for it.  Just because you disagree with the decision doesn't mean that the decision making process was flawed.  

Whats not to understand? I'm saying he is way above average in intellect, yet exudes horrible judgment in his decisions, proving brains don't always equal success.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2010, 09:53:24 AM »
I agree 100% with Tick...and who was Obama? he is not qualified for much...But Soros bought that election

we were told he was the great "orator" and he cant even form a sentence without a teleprompter..

GWB would screw up a few words with no teleprompter talking from the heart, and the media would scream that GWB was an idiot..

Man do I hate the Liberal media..

so you are siding with a spoiled drunk who got the job thanks to his daddy than a guy who actually worked with the poor and worked his way up the party on his own? good to know.

POOR? really...and you may want to look at Obamas drug test..LOL and his curret smoking habit..and how he never served our coutnry in any capactiy

who gives a shit about their habits, the drunk was a comment on how he went through college, and ivy league for that matter. there is no way that man has enough iq to clear community college.

sounds to me like you are talking about Obama..you may want to look into that...really
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2010, 09:54:04 AM »
EB,
any proof of those "9 months of vacations" prior to 9/11?

fun stat..I never heard of it
I don't remember an exact amount of time, but I distinctly remember him being on vacation a LOT before 9/11 ended that crap.  

Of course, he inherited a great situation from Clinton, so no reason not to party as much as possible.
ENDED THAT CRAP!  He racked up the most vacation time of any president.   911 didn't change his vacation habits one bit.  Bush was 487 days at Camp David and 490 at Crawford.  I read that amounts to 33% of his term.  

Again, I don't have a problem with that--more power to him.  
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2010, 09:54:28 AM »
are you really comparing the intellect of a lawyer and a guy who went to ivy because his dad is a president and an alum? c'mon man, you're embarrassing yourself.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2010, 09:56:54 AM »
I love how people seem to "know what Barry did in college( GENIUS OF COURSE) but when they see the proof of his "drug use" in his books..and if he was poor how did he get to Harvard? ( who piad for it?) and they dismiss

But GWB who flew in the National Guard, wanted to serve and came from a military family is not qualified?

they seem to know Bushs IQ? and Obamas?

lets please stay objective!!!!
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2010, 09:57:26 AM »
EB,
any proof of those "9 months of vacations" prior to 9/11?

fun stat..I never heard of it
I don't remember an exact amount of time, but I distinctly remember him being on vacation a LOT before 9/11 ended that crap.  

Of course, he inherited a great situation from Clinton, so no reason not to party as much as possible.
ENDED THAT CRAP!  He racked up the most vacation time of any president.   911 didn't change his vacation habits one bit.  Bush was 487 days at Camp David and 490 at Crawford.  I read that amounts to 33% of his term.  

Again, I don't have a problem with that--more power to him.  

PROOF???

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2010, 09:58:15 AM »
are you really comparing the intellect of a lawyer and a guy who went to ivy because his dad is a president and an alum? c'mon man, you're embarrassing yourself.

YES... and what other Lawyer was President? and why is that a good thing?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2010, 10:03:18 AM »
I don't care about either of their drug use, except that I appreciate when people are honest about it.  As I pointed out before the election, I find Obama's smoking to be a redeeming quality.

What I do mind is when people try to spin something.  Bush was by all accounts a good pilot--which doesn't surprise me at all.  He was also absent during a great deal of his service; a service which he only got into because of his father's influence.  TANG was a great gig, particularly if the alternative is Da Nang.  

Honestly EV, if you're going to maintain that Bush was a better speaker and intellectually superior to Obama, then there really isn't much point in carrying on.  You'd be better off maintaining that an apple really is an orange.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2010, 10:03:56 AM »
I love how people seem to "know what Barry did in college( GENIUS OF COURSE) but when they see the proof of his "drug use" in his books..and if he was poor how did he get to Harvard? ( who piad for it?) and they dismiss

But GWB who flew in the National Guard, wanted to serve and came from a military family is not qualified?

If we were staying objective, you would stop referring to Obama as "Barry."
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2010, 10:04:07 AM »
US Politics & Gov't  (tags: obama, democrats, ethics, elections, congress, terrorism, usa, war, troops )

NE
- 16 days ago - humanevents.com

President Obama has played 52 rounds of golf in less than two years in office. The U.S. unemployment, down economy and two wars have not tampered his leisure time. In comparison, President Bush played a total of 24 rounds of golf in eight years

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2010, 10:05:26 AM »
your epic view of teh world is too much for me to handle, i will let you stay in your world and please keep out of our sane world.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2010, 10:05:54 AM »

If we were staying objective, you would stop referring to Obama as "Barry."
This thread is objective? News to me.
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2010, 10:09:17 AM »
It is too early, but it would appear Bush had a better first two years then Obama.
Then came 9/11 Who knows what his presidency would have been without his pride sending us into 2 unnecessary wars?
He only had 9 months, and he spent those on vacation, but that's not a bad thing at all.

You raise an interesting point, though.  I suspect that his presidency would have been viewed as successful without 911, although it's debatable as to whether or not he would have gotten a second term without the "war-time leader" nonsense.  His style would have been to stay in the background and not meddle in things he doesn't understand, which most view as a reasonable approach.  The simple truth is that he's an imbecile, but that doesn't matter too much if he doesn't interject himself into situations needlessly.  He would have made some silly decisions, but probably no more than any other president.
and Obama is an intellectual imbecille. His actions prove it. He is all brains and zero common sense. Slow down...think...  then react. :tick2: Gets better results.

I don't really understand your intellectual imbecile remark.  However, slow down, think, react is a fine approach.  Honestly, that's what Obama seems to do, and gets some flack for it.  Just because you disagree with the decision doesn't mean that the decision making process was flawed.  
[/quote]

Whats not to understand? I'm saying he is way above average in intellect, yet exudes horrible judgment in his decisions, proving brains don't always equal success.
[/quote]

I agree completely with your basic premise, though I don't think his judgment is as bad as people make it out to be.  The problem is that more often than not, the smart guy will make better decisions than the dipshit.  No, being smart doesn't make you right, something I often remind myself,  but it's a helluva lot better than being a moron. 
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2010, 10:11:19 AM »
I will boil it down..

I feel GWB loves this country..was unapolagetic about our greatness and what the USA has done, that the USA is a Beacon for freedom..and he acted on that..

Obama I do not for one minute feel like he even likes the USA, he is here to make us into what he likes..and thats not the USA we in  America grew up in...

the medias sickening lap dogging of him makes me despise him more....where GWB was under constant attack from the media..

Obama could never deal with the hatred the media threw at GWB...Obama cant take much, he was made..

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2010, 10:12:46 AM »
your epic view of teh world is too much for me to handle, i will let you stay in your world and please keep out of our sane world.

fine ...

but in the sane world.. we see that Obama is spending us into bankruptcy...

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2010, 10:16:16 AM »
Bush was in no shape or form better than any president, not even nixon.
If you think Bush is the worst President, you are seriously mistaken. We've had Presidents who were far worse.
Elaborate please.

Andrew Jackson damn near destroyed the country economically

I realize this is a bit off topic, but I'll never understand why anyone would consider Jackson a good president

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2010, 10:16:28 AM »

[/quote]

I agree completely with your basic premise, though I don't think his judgment is as bad as people make it out to be.  The problem is that more often than not, the smart guy will make better decisions than the dipshit.  No, being smart doesn't make you right, something I often remind myself,  but it's a helluva lot better than being a moron. 
[/quote]
I think I fall squarely in the middle ground between genius and moron. :biggrin:

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2010, 10:19:22 AM »
Love of country shouldn't be synonymous with blindness.  One can love their country but recognize when it's fucked up.  That's part of the problem with American politics nowadays.  If you criticize one of the numerous things there is to criticize, you HATE AMERICA!  Patriotism in today's political world is simply insisting that America is perfect whenever somebody says otherwise.  Saying something over and over doesn't make it so.

And here's some vacation data.  The cites go to Factcheck.org.  And once again, I won't hold vacation time against anybody--even Dumbass.
Presidential vacations: A little perspective, perhaps?
posted 7/28/2010 2:53:24 AM |   
1 kudo   give kudos   what's this?
       report abuse
        SweetNapaGuy

As of a week ago, Obama has spent 65 days on vacation, in 19 months (3.42 days of vacation per month).

For comparison, Bush Jr. by this point in his presidency had spent 120 days on vacation in 19 months (6.3 days of vacation per month). Cite

Of the recent Presidents (going back to Carter), in their first year in office (not including Camp David):
Carter spent 19 days on vacation (1.6 days per month)
Reagan spent 42 days on vacation (3.5 days per month)
Bush Sr. spent 40 days on vacation (3.3 days per month)
Clinton spent 21 days on vacation (1.8 days per month)
Bush Jr. spent 77 days on vacation (6.4 days per month)
Obama spent 26 days on vacation (2.2 days per month)
Cite

And before anyone leaps on the qualifier "not including Camp David," Obama spent an additional 27 days at Camp David. Bush Jr. spent an additional 78 days at Camp David.

Note that the only Presidents who spent less time on vacation than Obama were fellow Democrats...

E.F. Benson

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2010, 10:19:38 AM »

fine ...

Bush started the spending far before Obama did. We were essentially bankrupt when he took office. The continued spending doesn't help, but what else do you suggest he do?

We can't raise taxes to make money; that's a big no-no

We can't spend money on programs to help people/business stay afloat to stimulate the economy (if only a little bit), because that's a no-no too

Any solutions?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2010, 10:20:11 AM »
I can't understand at all where EpicView is coming from, but thankfully I've stopped juding people based on shit they say in PR.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2010, 10:22:06 AM »
To Ticks point....GWB surrounded himself with solid people in his cabient.. everyone Obama has is a radical..from Susan Rice to Eric Holder...all of them...America is catching on

Obama called the GOP "the ENEMY that needs to be punished" the other day!!!!? I mean WTF? thats the words of a half wit..

He wont even call the Fort Hood shooter an enemy terrorrist..

I wouldnt trust Obama with my lunch money..

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2010, 10:23:40 AM »
I can't understand at all where EpicView is coming from, but thankfully I've stopped juding people based on shit they say in PR.

I agree..I dont judge either..I like everyone here a lot..its a very nice group..

I hope one day you understand my "view"..lol

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2010, 10:24:29 AM »
Bush was in no shape or form better than any president, not even nixon.
If you think Bush is the worst President, you are seriously mistaken. We've had Presidents who were far worse.
Elaborate please.

Andrew Jackson damn near destroyed the country economically

I agree PLM..Jackson was not good in my opinion of history of him

I realize this is a bit off topic, but I'll never understand why anyone would consider Jackson a good president

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2010, 10:25:42 AM »
To Ticks point....GWB surrounded himself with solid people in his cabient.. everyone Obama has is a radical..from Susan Rice to Eric Holder...all of them...America is catching on

Obama called the GOP "the ENEMY that needs to be punished" the other day!!!!? I mean WTF? thats the words of a half wit..

To point one: NOBODY ON HIS CABINET IS A RADICAL. As far as Obama's administration is concerned, it's decidedly moderate. I think you're confusing 'slightly liberal' with 'ZOMG SOCIALIST'

To point two: He's not a half wit. Congress as a whole had been acting ridiculous, and so the whole of them should be punished, but the GOP's unwillingness to work with the Democratic party on issues makes them look more like bratty children than the Democrats. Hence the punishment line. Would you say the same thing if it concerned the Democratic party?

To point three: What proof do YOU have that says the Fort Hood shooter is an enemy terrorist? Yes he is a Muslim. That does not make him a terrorist. Unless you proved proof that you have saying he's a terrorist, I'm inclined to disbelief

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2010, 10:26:16 AM »

fine ...

Bush started the spending far before Obama did. We were essentially bankrupt when he took office. The continued spending doesn't help, but what else do you suggest he do?

We can't spend money on programs to help people/business stay afloat to stimulate the economy (if only a little bit), because that's a no-no too

Any solutions?
How about instead of the focus being corporate bailouts and an infrastructure stimulus, you take some of that money and make it available for the small businessman who is teetering on going out of business the availability for funds to stay a float?  If small business survives, people are working. If people are working, the economy works better.
If business's close more people lose homes and the deeper the shit becomes.
The stimulus was poorly thought out. America needs people to work to thrive. If business has no access to loans, were doomed.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2010, 10:26:39 AM »

His attorney general anointed himself with oil, refused to dance, and covered the tits of the justice woman!  And you're going to call Holder a radical?
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2010, 10:29:08 AM »

fine ...

Any solutions?
How about instead of the focus being corporate bailouts and an infrastructure stimulus, you take some of that money and make it available for the small businessman who is teetering on going out of business the availability for funds to stay a float?  If small business survives, people are working. If people are working, the economy works better.
If business's close more people lose homes and the deeper the shit becomes.
The stimulus was poorly thought out. America needs people to work to thrive. If business has no access to loans, were doomed.

I largely agree (although I'm not sold one way or another on TARP).  But keep in mind that Bush and McCain would have gone along with the bailouts, as well.  In fact, I believe the auto industry bailouts were Bush's, weren't they?  I'm still puzzled how Obama get's saddled with nationalizing Detroit. 
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2010, 10:31:52 AM »
Id call Holder much worse EB....he is beyond radical....

I hate Holder..cant stand him.. he is trying to give civi rights to terrorists and having the 9/11 trial in NYC...

and one wonders why I hate Obama?...really?

« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 11:16:30 AM by EPICVIEW »

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2010, 10:33:25 AM »

To point one: NOBODY ON HIS CABINET IS A RADICAL. As far as Obama's administration is concerned, it's decidedly moderate. I think you're confusing 'slightly liberal' with 'ZOMG SOCIALIST'

To point two: He's not a half wit. Congress as a whole had been acting ridiculous, and so the whole of them should be punished, but the GOP's unwillingness to work with the Democratic party on issues makes them look more like bratty children than the Democrats. Hence the punishment line. Would you say the same thing if it concerned the Democratic party?

To point three: What proof do YOU have that says the Fort Hood shooter is an enemy terrorist? Yes he is a Muslim. That does not make him a terrorist. Unless you proved proof that you have saying he's a terrorist, I'm inclined to disbelief

Im sorry but on each point you are off base

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2010, 10:34:18 AM »

Im sorry but on each point you are off base

Unless you tell me why I'm just going to throw away all your arguments

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2010, 10:37:21 AM »
for PLM

Point two
Laura Ingraham said Obama’s comments about "punishing our enemies" was not something the man occupying the Oval Office should say and called it un-presidential on "GMA" this morning.

“He is the president, George. He is the president of all the people,” she told me.

President Obama told Univision recently,“If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, 'We're going to punish our enemies and we're going to reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,' if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it's going to be harder."

“I know that everyone is rough and tumble in this campaign. But he is still the president,” Ingraham said. “And the fact of the matter is there is a national revolt going on against many of the policies that he and Nancy Pelosi pushed through against the will of the people, number one health care reform. That is not an enemy of the country those are the people of the country.”

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2010, 10:39:57 AM »
Point 3 for PLM

Officials: U.S. Army Told of Hasan's Contacts with al Qaeda
Army Major in Fort Hood Massacre Used 'Electronic Means' to Connect with Terrorists

602 comments By RICHARD ESPOSITO, MATTHEW COLE and BRIAN ROSS
Nov. 9, 2009
PrintRSSFont Size:  Share:EmailTwitterFacebookMoreFarkTechnoratiGoogleLiveMy SpaceNewsvineRedditDeliciousMixxYahooU.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan was attempting to make contact with an individual associated with al Qaeda, two American officials briefed on classified material in the case told ABC News.

Army knew suspected Fort Hood gunman had contact with al Qaeda recruiter.According to the officials, the Army was informed of Hasan's contact, but it is unclear what, if anything, the Army did in response.

Rep. Peter Hoekstra (R-MI), the ranking Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, said that he requested the CIA and other intelligence agencies brief the committee on what was known, if anything, about Hasan by the U.S. intelligence community, only to be refused.

In response, Hoekstra issued a document preservation request to four intelligence agencies. The letter, dated November 7th, was sent to directors Dennis Blair (DNI), Robert Mueller (FBI), Lt. Gen Keith Alexander (NSA) and Leon Panetta (CIA).

Hoekstra said he is "absolutely furious" that the house intel committee has been refused an intelligence briefing by the DNI or CIA on Hasan's attempt to reach out to al Qaeda, as first reported by ABC News.

"This is a law enforcement investigation, in which other agencies—not the CIA—have the lead," CIA spokesman Paul Gimigliano said in a response to ABC News. " Any suggestion that the CIA refused to brief Congress is incorrect."

Related
WATCH: Fort Hood Suspect's Ties to Terrorists'Cop Killer' Gun Used In Ft. Hood Shooting, Officials SaidWATCH: What Turned Major Into Alleged Killer?Investigators want to know if Hasan maintained contact with a radical mosque leader from Virginia, Anwar al Awlaki, who now lives in Yemen and runs a web site that promotes jihad around the world against the U.S.

In a blog posting early Monday titled "Nidal Hassan Did the Right Thing," Awlaki calls Hasan a "hero" and a "man of conscience who could not bear living the contradiction of being a Muslim and serving in an army that is fighting against his own people."

According to his site, Awlaki served as an imam in Denver, San Diego and Falls Church, Virginia.

The Associated Press reported Sunday that Major Hasan attended the Falls Church mosque when Awlaki was there.

EmailsSign Up For Blotter Alerts!

E-mail address:
More Newsletters »
Subscribe RSS Feeds Podcasts Mobile

The Telegraph of London reported that Awlaki had made contact with two of the 9/11 hijackers when he was in San Diego.

He denied any knowledge of the hijacking plot and was never charged with any crime. After an intensive investigation by the FBI , Awlaki moved to Yemen.

People who knew or worked with Hasan say he seemed to have gradually become more radical in his disapproval of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

On Sunday, Sen. Joseph Lieberman (D-CT) called for an investigation into whether the Army missed signs as to whether Hasan was an Islamic extremist.

"If Hasan was showing signs, saying to people that he had become an Islamist extremist, the U.S. Army has to have a zero tolerance," Lieberman told Fox News Sunday.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2010, 10:42:53 AM »
There is no solid evidence in either of those clippings that says that he was a terrorist. Only that he had contact with someone with radical views. And I don't doubt that Awlaki had no knowledge of the 9/11 attacks. Just because somebody has extreme views doesn't mean they act on them.

I think a lot of people these days are far too quick to label Muslims as terrorists if they have extreme views

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2010, 10:57:43 AM »
Point 1 for PLM
Obama’s Radical Czars
One is judged by the company he or she keeps.

Yet for over a year now, we — or more specifically the state-run media —have failed to hold Our Lord and Savior Barack Hussein Obama to that same standard.

Why? Because Obama has been allowed to pass Himself off as some sort of centrist, a post-partisan, post-racial political figure who will bring all Americans together despite His longstanding connections with some of the most radical figures in the history of American politics.

Take Obama’s first political mentor, Frank Marshall Davis, an avowed Communist. Or Bill Ayers, the domestic terrorist, who helped start Obama’s political career. Or the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama’s pastor in the church of black liberation theology, in Chicago, in whose church Obama sat for 20 years almost every Sunday.

Now, there are even more radicals surrounding the Chocolate Jesus in Washington. Some are the constitutionally-questionable czars, individuals who are part of the Obama administration yet have not been confirmed by the Senate, as would, say, Cabinet members and other official advisers to the President. Yet these individuals have been granted unrestrained power and authority over everything from the auto industry to manufacturing to energy to communciations and the Internet. Accountable to whom? Only Barack Obama Himself.

One who is not a czar but is a high-ranking legal adviser in the State Department is Harold Koh, former dean of the Law School at Yale University. In other words, an Ivy League pinhead elitist, but even more dangerous that that.

Koh is an advocate of transnationalism, which is defined as being:

… a concept that argues in favor of “global governance” as opposed to the constitutional sovereignty of independent nation-states.

In other words, he does not support the sovereignty of the United States and the supremacy of the U.S. Constitution as the law of the land.

Here’s another shocker: Koh supports the introduction of sharia law into the United States.

Robert Spencer, who runs the Jihad Watch blog, wrote this piece at Human Events earlier this year, when Koh was being appointed to his current position:

Among numerous questionable and controversial statements, Koh has said that the “war on terror” — a term which the Obama Administration has already quietly abandoned, was “obsessive.” And in a 2007 speech, according to a lawyer who was in the audience, Koh opined that “in an appropriate case, he didn’t see any reason why sharia law would not be applied to govern a case in the United States.”

Sorry, but the supreme law of the land is the U.S. Constitution. The introduction of sharia law is something we are seeing in England and Canada and it isn’t for the better.

Also, with rumors that another justice on the U.S. Supreme Court is ready to step down, there is a very real chance that Harold Koh would be The Anointed One’s next nomination to SCOTUS.

You can read more about Koh’s leftist leanings and “Blame America First” mentality here.

Another radical that we’ve talked about before here and here is John Holdren, the Dr. Mengele wannabe that is now Obama’s science czar.

Reposting a summary of Holdren’s views, which we said at the time would be right at home in Nazi Germany:

• Women could be forced to abort their pregnancies, whether they wanted to or not;
• The population at large could be sterilized by infertility drugs intentionally put into the nation’s drinking water or in food;
• Single mothers and teen mothers should have their babies seized from them against their will and given away to other couples to raise;
• People who “contribute to social deterioration” (i.e. undesirables) “can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility” — in other words, be compelled to have abortions or be sterilized.
• A transnational “Planetary Regime” should assume control of the global economy and also dictate the most intimate details of Americans’ lives — using an armed international police force.

Forced abortions. Forced sterilization. Government control of reproduction. Confiscation of babies from families at the whim of the state. Elimination of so-called undesirables.

Anyone care to defend this as being mainstream? It’s not next to impossible to do so. It is impossible to do so.

Then there is Mark Lloyd, Obama’s FCC diversity czar, who is an open admirer of leftist thug Hugo Chavez in Venezuela.

Here is a summary of what Lloyd thinks of freedom of speech on the airwaves:

In 2006 while at the liberal Center for American Progress Lloyd wrote a book entitled, Prologue to a Farce: Communications and Democracy in America. In the book he presents the idea the private broadcasters (private business) should pay a licensing fees which equals their total operating costs so that public broadcasting station can spend the same on their operations as the private companies do. By doing so he hopes to improve the Corporation for Public Broadcasting currently at $400 Million for 2009.

Not only does he want to redistribute private profits, he wants to regulate much of the programming on these stations to make sure they focus on “diverse views” (Progressive Views) and government activities.

Lloyd is just doing the work of the real Puppetmaster, George Soros, who is the one pulling the strings on the entire Obama administration:

A Senior Fellow at the George Soros’ Center for American Progress, Mark Lloyd’s antipathy towards non-leftist participation in the public square is well known. He has written two anti-free speech hit pieces on “conservative talk radio” … a CAP “analysis” “The Structural Imbalance of Political Talk Radio” which never examines talk radio in the larger sphere as being the only alternative to Leftist dominated broadcast television (news and entertainment), newspapers, university and college campuses … and “Forget the Fairness Doctrine”, a whiney little piece where Lloyd tries to bare his teeth against people who oppose his conclusions in the first piece and defends his Trojan Horse plan to achieve his own STFU policy towards conservative talk radio with so-called “local diversity” objectives.

Still, there’s Cass Sunstein, the regulatory czar. Sunstein believes that hunting should be banned and animals should have the right to sue people. Oh, he also believes there should be a Fairness Doctrine for the Internet.

And now we get to the latest moonbat to emerge from the shadows: Van Jones, the so-called green jobs czar.

Van Jones is the individual behind the movement to silence Fox News commentator Glenn Beck. His group, Color For Change, has urged a boycott of Beck’s advertisers because the host called The Messiah a racist who hate white people.

He is … there’s plenty of evidence to show that He is and does. But that’s beside the point.

The night of the September 11 attacks, Van Jones and another group known as STORM — Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement — held a Blame America for the Attacks vigil.

Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement (STORM), the revolutionary group formed by self-described “communist” and “rowdy black nationalist” Van Jones, held a vigil in Oakland, California, “mourning the victims of U.S. imperialism around the world” on the night after Sept. 11, 2001.

The reason this is important is because Van Jones is now President Obama’s green jobs czar. He does not appear to have distanced himself from his past communist activities and is now part of the Obama administration’s push to turn Sept. 11 into a National Day of Service focused on the promotion of the radical environmentalist agenda.

STORM’s website has been scrubbed of its radical documents, but they can still be viewed here. Pure Maxism, Communism, whatever. Blame. America. First.

“Reclaiming Revolution” also blamed the U.S. for 9/11. A passage on page 45 (27 of the PDF file) reads:

That night, STORM and the other movement leaders expressed sadness and anger at the deaths of innocent working class people. We were angry, first and foremost, with the U.S. government, whose worldwide aggression had engendered such hate across the globe that working class people were not safe at home. We honored those who had lost their lives in the attack — and those who would surely lose their lives in subsequent U.S. attacks overseas.

What’s more, Van Jones is an open and admitted communist.

Jim Hoft at Gateway Pundit has more on the commie green jobs czar here and here.

Also, David Horowitz, himself a reformed 60s radical, notes:

[Glenn] Beck also focused on Van Jones, a self-described Communist who is now the Special Assistant to the President for “Green Jobs”. Beck ran some revealing clips on Jones, who is a Jeremiah Wright radical — a black racist and Ivy League elitist. Beck noted Jones’ radical “past” — actually he became a  Communist in 1992 and for the next 10 years was a member of a communist party dedicated to “organizing a revolutionary movement.” In his 2007 book The Green Economy, Jones blamed the devastation of Hurricane Katrina on white supremacy and the war in Iraq, which he blamed, in turn, on America’s “need for oil.”

Beck perspicaciously pointed out that Jones was the candidate of the Apollo Alliance — which is a communist party of the green movement composed of social justice and racial justice groups. As I pointed out in Unholy Alliance, social justice (and racial justice) is a term that, when used by far left groups, is a code for a Marxist future despite the phony lip service they frequently pay to the private sector when they address a broader public. The Apollo Alliance had proposed an $11 billion budget for green jobs. They got it from Obama. Beck also pointed out that the “Cash for Clunkers” stimulus program was proposed by Jones. He omitted one other salient fact: Jones was picked for his White House job by the Soros-funded and -organized Center for American Progress (John Podesta, its head, was the head of Obama’s transition team).

The Apollo Alliance, of course, may very well have been the real author of the porkulus bill, which we discussed here. Social justice is nothing more than a code word for Marxism.

Van Jones thinks Republicans are, well, a word not printable on a famly blog:

As Patrick at Badger Blogger observes:

Is it any wonder that Obama’s poll numbers have dropped like a rock, the man surrounds himself with communists, terrorists and racists …

Birds of a feather …

And now we learn that Van Jones is a 9/11 Troofer moonbat. Via Gateway Pundit, the screen cap that shows his name on the 9-11 Truth document (in case it disappears down the rabbit hole):

Over at Hot Air, Allahpundit adds:

I’ve been trying to come up with a joke all morning about what sort of leftist lunatic might be next on O’s hiring list, but I simply can’t top “Truther communist.” Congratulations, Barry: You’re now parody-proof.

Also, AP notes the need for the next Republican-controlled Congress to introduce and pass legislation calling for all of these so-called czars to have to undergo confirmation hearings by the Senate, as would Cabinet officials and top-level advisers.

Once again, you are judged by the company you keep. For His entire adult life, first as a community organzer, then as a political hack from the Chicago machine and now as POTUS, Barack Hussein Obama has been closely aligned with and has associated with dangerous leftwing radicals, communists, Marxists, et al.

Clearly, He is not uncomfortable with their beliefs and ideas. What is it they say about birds of a feather?

Oh right, they flock together.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2010, 11:00:52 AM »
again for PLM
and his point 1

Anita Dunn is resigning as Barack Obama’s White House Communications Director. No real reason has been given but we can rest assured knowing that another radical in Obama’s cabinet has been forced to resign. I think that most of us know why she is leaving, she is a radical who worships Mao Tse Tung, what else do you need to know?

First the radical Van Jones offered his resignation after comments that were politically embarrassing to the White House emerged and now the woman who considers  Mao Tse Tung as one of her favorite political philosophers has decided to leave the White House.

She became an embarrassment to the White House and as such she has become expendable. While this is great news for freedom loving Americans all across the nation the fact remains that Barack Obama himself  is just as much of a radical as Van Jones and Anita Dunn, that is why he hired them in the first place– he agrees with them. But Americans are starting to wake up and they are realizing that Obama has surrounded himself with radicals.

Obama has spent his life around many radicals, so it is not surprising that he would have this type of person in his cabinet. But most Americans are not as radical as Obama, this is something that Obama probably didn’t realize because of all of his past associations but as time goes by he is beginning to realize that. He cannot afford to keep radicals like Jones and Dunn around and when they are exposed he kicks them to the curb.