Author Topic: Poll: Bush better president than Obama  (Read 23364 times)

Offline William Wallace

Poll: Bush better president than Obama
« on: October 28, 2010, 08:23:40 PM »
https://hotair.com/archives/2010/10/28/shocker-bush-beats-obama-4843-in-poll/
“Despite voters feelings toward Obama personally, 56 percent say he does not deserve to be re-elected, while 38 percent say he does deserve to be re-elected president.” Worse, Schoen adds, “43 percent say that Barack Obama has been a better president than George W. Bush, while 48 percent say Bush was a better president than Obama has been.”

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Poll: Bush better president than Obama
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 08:25:32 PM »
I'll wait to pass judgement when Obama's 4 years are comming to it's end.  It's too early to say.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 08:27:45 PM »
I'll wait to pass judgement when Obama's 4 years are comming to it's end.  It's too early to say.

This. What the hell are people judging him for NOW? Keep it til election day, I say

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 08:29:03 PM »
What can I say? We elected a guy from Chicago, and expected transparency.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 08:39:06 PM »
Aside from the fact that GWB got us into two useless wars, I think they're pretty much the same president, just in a different package.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 08:51:15 PM »

Why? The Nobel committee didn't waste any time.  :biggrin:
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 08:53:12 PM »
Aside from the fact that GWB got us into two useless wars, I think they're pretty much the same president, just in a different package.
Well, that's a pretty big fact, but of course I agree.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 08:58:32 PM »
Well, that's a pretty big fact, but of course I agree.
It is a big fact, and that's the reason why I would rank Obama higher than Bush. But Obama also hasn't done anything to stop what we're doing over there, so he doesn't earn a whole lot of points from me.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 09:20:49 PM »
Wait until Obama's Presidency ends (whenever that may be) before you judge. Only way to compare them, imho.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline juice

• om nom nom
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 09:22:22 PM »
I thought there was going to be a poll in this thread as well.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 06:40:55 AM »
Bush was in no shape or form better than any president, not even nixon.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 06:48:14 AM »
If you think Bush is the worst President, you are seriously mistaken. We've had Presidents who were far worse.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 07:08:17 AM »
If you think Bush is the worst President, you are seriously mistaken. We've had Presidents who were far worse.
Elaborate please.
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 07:24:45 AM »

This. What the hell are people judging him for NOW? Keep it til election day, I say

Because it's Obama and people make a sport out of badmouthing him at every opportunity they can.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 07:37:31 AM »

An idiot puppet in the hands of the military who made the entire population earth hate usa can not be topped.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 08:28:53 AM »
Both suck.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 08:35:14 AM »

Yeah, I agree with the consensus that we haven't. Even people like Taft were arguably better.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 08:47:58 AM »
The man was a piece of shit,  but it'll be at least another 20 years before it's reasonable to start talking about him in a historical context. 

Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 08:54:08 AM »

Why? The Nobel committee didn't waste any time.  :biggrin:

Thats a great point..!!! only Democrats can win one! Carter, Gore, Obama..
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 08:57:54 AM »
The man was a piece of shit,  but it'll be at least another 20 years before it's reasonable to start talking about him in a historical context.  

History will judge GWB well.. sorry to say, but he will look like a prince compared to Obama when history takes an objective look back at both. pundits who have any objectivity will see that GWB was a decent man who loved his country. I dont sense that Obama loves the USA in the same way..

actually GWB today is more popular in some polls then Obama..
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 09:19:35 AM »
It is too early, but it would appear Bush had a better first two years then Obama.
Then came 9/11 Who knows what his presidency would have been without his pride sending us into 2 unnecessary wars?
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 09:29:52 AM »
It is too early, but it would appear Bush had a better first two years then Obama.
Then came 9/11 Who knows what his presidency would have been without his pride sending us into 2 unnecessary wars?
He only had 9 months, and he spent those on vacation, but that's not a bad thing at all.

You raise an interesting point, though.  I suspect that his presidency would have been viewed as successful without 911, although it's debatable as to whether or not he would have gotten a second term without the "war-time leader" nonsense.  His style would have been to stay in the background and not meddle in things he doesn't understand, which most view as a reasonable approach.  The simple truth is that he's an imbecile, but that doesn't matter too much if he doesn't interject himself into situations needlessly.  He would have made some silly decisions, but probably no more than any other president.
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 09:30:07 AM »

Tick, id love to dsicuss that flash point of "was Iraq unnessary" there was 17 UN resolutions and the war was not illegal.. I think many forget the carpet bombing Clinton did daily, for no fly zome violations to take our eyes off "Lewinsky" to me that was ILLEGAL.

Post 9/11 GWB had tough choices, and Saddam was part of oil for food and said he had WMDs and he had used them on the Kurds.. The UN is complicit

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 09:33:55 AM »
EB,
any proof of those "9 months of vacations" prior to 9/11?

fun stat..I never heard of it

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 09:35:30 AM »
He only had 9 months, and he spent those on vacation, but that's not a bad thing at all.

You raise an interesting point, though.  I suspect that his presidency would have been viewed as successful without 911, although it's debatable as to whether or not he would have gotten a second term without the "war-time leader" nonsense.  His style would have been to stay in the background and not meddle in things he doesn't understand, which most view as a reasonable approach.  The simple truth is that he's an imbecile, but that doesn't matter too much if he doesn't interject himself into situations needlessly.  He would have made some silly decisions, but probably no more than any other president.
and Obama is an intellectual imbecille. His actions prove it. He is all brains and zero common sense. Slow down...think...  then react. :tick2: Gets better results.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2010, 09:40:09 AM »

and Obama is an intellectual imbecille. His actions prove it. He is all brains and zero common sense. Slow down...think...  then react. :tick2: Gets better results.

I don't really understand your intellectual imbecile remark.  However, slow down, think, react is a fine approach.  Honestly, that's what Obama seems to do, and gets some flack for it.  Just because you disagree with the decision doesn't mean that the decision making process was flawed. 
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 09:41:22 AM »
I agree 100% with Tick...and who was Obama? he is not qualified for much...But Soros bought that election

we were told he was the great "orator" and he cant even form a sentence without a teleprompter..

GWB would screw up a few words with no teleprompter talking from the heart, and the media would scream that GWB was an idiot..

Man do I hate the Liberal media..

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 09:44:06 AM »
I actually liked W's personality a lot. It's a shame he was a shitty leader. With some honest advisers, he might have been a lot better. Obama, overall, is smarter that W., but I but his advisers suck. And he's boring. For all that W. was, he was not boring.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 09:46:51 AM »
I agree 100% with Tick...and who was Obama? he is not qualified for much...But Soros bought that election

we were told he was the great "orator" and he cant even form a sentence without a teleprompter..

GWB would screw up a few words with no teleprompter talking from the heart, and the media would scream that GWB was an idiot..

so you are siding with a spoiled drunk who got the job thanks to his daddy than a guy who actually worked with the poor and worked his way up the party on his own? good to know.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2010, 09:47:44 AM »
EB,
Only an embicile would try to change America... and spend us into the abyss..

we cant even talk about Obama radicla connection here...which any due dilligence on this "Barack Hussein Obama" would easily derail any cnadidate..but oddly ..not Obama?  ,,,

can any imgaine if GWB had those sort of radical connections?

deduction on Obamas decision making point to "He is an imbecile"

PJ Crowly today wished Ahmadinejad a "happy birthday"....BRILLIANT!!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2010, 09:48:09 AM »
EB,

I don't remember an exact amount of time, but I distinctly remember him being on vacation a LOT before 9/11 ended that crap.  

Of course, he inherited a great situation from Clinton, so no reason not to party as much as possible.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2010, 09:49:19 AM »

so you are siding with a spoiled drunk who got the job thanks to his daddy than a guy who actually worked with the poor and worked his way up the party on his own? good to know.

POOR? really...and you may want to look at Obamas drug test..LOL and his curret smoking habit..and how he never served our coutnry in any capactiy

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2010, 09:49:31 AM »
well we know the 'now watch this drive' clip. anyone who does that is either a complete retard or a heartless war mogul.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2010, 09:50:55 AM »

POOR? really...and you may want to look at Obamas drug test..LOL and his curret smoking habit..and how he never served our coutnry in any capactiy

who gives a shit about their habits, the drunk was a comment on how he went through college, and ivy league for that matter. there is no way that man has enough iq to clear community college.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2010, 09:51:21 AM »
EB,

I don't remember an exact amount of time, but I distinctly remember him being on vacation a LOT before 9/11 ended that crap.  

Of course, he inherited a great situation from Clinton, so no reason not to party as much as possible.

Hef you may want to look at the Clinton recession we had entered ..and you may want to look at the WTC1..

Bush did a good job of keeping us going post 9/11
stats show us that