23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1058214 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #4375 on: March 21, 2011, 04:48:04 PM »

I think I made that picture about 2 or 3 days after the announcement. :lol

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline dongringo

« Reply #4376 on: March 21, 2011, 06:35:08 PM »
if maiden can stll do it and run about like they do i dont see how a near static dt cant go on touring for ages to come!! as long as jlb looks after his voice!! and i'd like to point out that maiden are doing a very extensive world tour this year and bruce is flying the plane as well as playing after!!!

And some of them, including Dickinson, still drink their fair share of alcohol while on tour.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline Major Thirteenth

• He has his father's eyes... Gomez, take those out of his mouth.
« Reply #4377 on: March 21, 2011, 08:18:49 PM »
There is no evidence that this is the case at all, people here speculated that they may do that, but that's it.

I can only say that I believe this to be true (the drummer selection video to be released around May or so) in the strongest possible terms that would not require documentation. And once it is proven true, I would like permanent dispensation from ever having to offer proof of future assertions.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4378 on: March 21, 2011, 08:43:18 PM »
I'm soooo curious to see how this turns out, especially if Major Thirteenth is right.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #4379 on: March 21, 2011, 09:15:34 PM »
The new drummer is...

Animal

You heard it here first

Actually, I think we heard that about 90 pages ago

I REALLY can't be bothered to look back on 126 odd pages. so I'll take your word for it :P

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #4380 on: March 21, 2011, 09:16:34 PM »
You're saying nothing interesting has been discussed in this thread?!
 :-*

Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4381 on: March 21, 2011, 09:19:24 PM »
I'll let the cat outta the bag....   the new drummer is:

Not 90 pages, but there you go. :)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4382 on: March 21, 2011, 09:42:08 PM »
I'm serious in saying, A video release with all auditions playing one DT epic, slowly it concludes to reveal the new drummer...Metropolis would be great.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #4383 on: March 21, 2011, 10:39:53 PM »
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:29:56 AM by ricky »
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4384 on: March 21, 2011, 11:46:25 PM »
Interesting edit. What happened to, "sorry, dude."

I know I shouldn't've.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4385 on: March 22, 2011, 02:29:21 AM »
Reason Number 1. He did not respond back. There are most probably two reasons why. The first reason is that he was not online, and therefore unable to post a reply. This i find incriminating, due to the fact that I saw the "online" thing yellow for about two hours after I posted my response, so he most probably saw what I wrote.

Therefore, was it incriminating that I came to the conclusion that he had nothing to say? I put such a conclusion into much more simple terms, which is as follows...

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #4386 on: March 22, 2011, 04:41:45 AM »
no reply = accepts fail.
These kinds of posts are not useful, ricky.  So cut it out.

In all rationale, what I said was in no way offensive.

If it was, please explain to me why. If you can tell me why it was not useful, citing serious points as to why, i will be quiet and not say a word. Otherwise, i do not feel like what i said what condescending at all, because it wasn't.

Here's why

Reason Number 1. He did not respond back. There are most probably two reasons why. The first reason is that he was not online, and therefore unable to post a reply. This i find incriminating, due to the fact that I saw the "online" thing yellow for about two hours after I posted my response, so he most probably saw what I wrote.

Therefore, was it incriminating that I came to the conclusion that he had nothing to say? I put such a conclusion into much more simple terms, which is as follows...

no reply = accepts fail

what I said was in no way trolling, as I would never do such a thing.

I have posted my rational and serious response as to why I have done nothing wrong.

Again, if you want to tell me to "cut it out", I politely ask you to challange me why I said anything wrong, arguing the points I cited and therefore proving what I sad was incorrect.

I am in no way being condescending, but am simply pleading for you to explain why I should "cut out" what is simply a feasible point.

You tend to come off as pretty condescending, bud. Whenever you "argue" with someone, you take a single word, phrase, or sentence out of context. You find some kind of semantic reason to disagree, or just say "no that's wrong." You then act victorious and finish with some kind of condescending/gloating statement. "Boom roasted" or "next" being the two I seem to remember at the time.

And in this case, you went so far as to assert that anyone not responding to you has accepted being a failure. It really could have been simple as them happening to walk away from the computer.

I mean no offense, man. You mostly seem like a good guy. But you're pretty condescending.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4387 on: March 22, 2011, 05:11:49 AM »
There is no evidence that this is the case at all, people here speculated that they may do that, but that's it.

I can only say that I believe this to be true (the drummer selection video to be released around May or so) in the strongest possible terms that would not require documentation. And once it is proven true, I would like permanent dispensation from ever having to offer proof of future assertions.

M13, What form are we talking here? An internet only video viewable on the DT and RR websites? Combo pack with new single? Magazine (Classic Rock) Bonus DVD?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline dongringo

« Reply #4388 on: March 22, 2011, 07:58:53 AM »
It just seems to me that a "drummer selection video" would not be fair to the drummers who didn't get the gig and could even be humiliating. It doesn't make much sense.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline Tunnel Vision

« Reply #4389 on: March 22, 2011, 08:20:15 AM »
It just seems to me that a "drummer selection video" would not be fair to the drummers who didn't get the gig and could even be humiliating. It doesn't make much sense.

That is how I would feel about it too. I honestly do not believe that DT will make a drummer video, but if they do, I think it will only be with the chosen drummer.

Offline jdprsaga

« Reply #4390 on: March 22, 2011, 08:22:20 AM »

I think this too..

unless they are paying all of the drummers involved some big money for this, sooner or later everybody will know the 7 names and at least they took some money from it... altho the problem with it is that DT will not see much money from it

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4391 on: March 22, 2011, 08:23:18 AM »

That is how I would feel about it too. I honestly do not believe that DT will make a drummer video, but if they do, I think it will only be with the chosen drummer.

Metallica showed a bunch of bass players trying out for them in SKOM.  Wasn't very insulting.  How would it be insulting?  Just because they didn't get the gig doesn't mean they weren't good enough to play in DT.  They wouldn't have been trying out if they weren't good enough.  There can only be 1 drummer though.  So it's not insulting that someone doesn't get chosen.  It's just the way it has to be.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
« Reply #4392 on: March 22, 2011, 10:08:59 AM »
People are still arguing with ricky?  Sorry, but you all deserve what you get.  :)
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #4393 on: March 22, 2011, 12:14:49 PM »

I said this 100 pages ago and got shot down. Still think the ones who didn't make it are unlikely to feature. god, they haven't even let out WHO auditioned.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4394 on: March 22, 2011, 02:18:30 PM »
JR mentioned Minneman auditioned.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #4395 on: March 22, 2011, 02:36:26 PM »

:lol
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Raziel666

• Infinite Moonloops
« Reply #4396 on: March 22, 2011, 03:43:44 PM »
god, they haven't even let out WHO auditioned.

Perhaps they thought it wouldn't be a secret for as long they wanted it to be a secret if they told us who were the seven that auditioned.

Offline champbassist

« Reply #4397 on: March 23, 2011, 03:41:12 AM »

Metallica showed a bunch of bass players trying out for them in SKOM.  Wasn't very insulting.  How would it be insulting?  Just because they didn't get the gig doesn't mean they weren't good enough to play in DT.  They wouldn't have been trying out if they weren't good enough.  There can only be 1 drummer though.  So it's not insulting that someone doesn't get chosen.  It's just the way it has to be.

+1 I think with all the painful waiting, we fans deserve a drummer audition video  ;D

Offline atmyne

• Dog Face no space
« Reply #4398 on: March 23, 2011, 06:16:14 AM »

Metallica showed a bunch of bass players trying out for them in SKOM.  Wasn't very insulting.  How would it be insulting?  Just because they didn't get the gig doesn't mean they weren't good enough to play in DT.  They wouldn't have been trying out if they weren't good enough.  There can only be 1 drummer though.  So it's not insulting that someone doesn't get chosen.  It's just the way it has to be.
^ and it was only a matter of WEEKS until they announced the new bass player! Although in all fairness Jason had left the band over a year (or even several years?) before they even auditioned, so I would assume all the legal kerfuffle related to that matter had been sorted.

Offline xShammas

• SHAAAAMMAAAAAS TAAAAKE MYYY HAAAAND!!!
« Reply #4399 on: March 23, 2011, 11:34:04 AM »
Mike Mangini. Please!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
xShammas is either Mike Mangini or his pet goat, Filbert!
« Reply #4400 on: March 23, 2011, 11:49:31 AM »
Mike Mangini. Please!

:omg:  Since you are a new user, I of course had to run an IP scan on your account before approving it.  And the scan revealed...THAT YOU ARE POSTING FROM MIKE MANGINI'S LIVING ROOM!!! 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: xShammas is either Mike Mangini or his pet goat, Filbert!
« Reply #4401 on: March 23, 2011, 11:56:06 AM »
Mike Mangini. Please!

:omg:  Since you are a new user, I of course had to run an IP scan on your account before approving it.  And the scan revealed...THAT YOU ARE POSTING FROM MIKE MANGINI'S LIVING ROOM!!! 

Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline xShammas

« Reply #4402 on: March 23, 2011, 11:57:09 AM »
Mike Mangini. Please!

;D I've been had!

Offline jdprsaga

« Reply #4403 on: March 23, 2011, 12:16:48 PM »
Mike Mangini. Please!

:omg:  Since you are a new user, I of course had to run an IP scan on your account before approving it.  And the scan revealed...THAT YOU ARE POSTING FROM MIKE MANGINI'S LIVING ROOM!!!  

WOW... so that only can mean two things.. #1 he is ...  or #2 he is mike mangini stalker.

BTW mr bosk!! how did you know it was mike mangini's IP address???
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:23:22 PM by jdprsaga »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4404 on: March 23, 2011, 12:27:31 PM »

Because, when I ran the IP scan, it said:  "Location: New DT drummer Mike Mangini's living room (or possibly a portion of the Caribbean and sub-Saharan Africa)."
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jdprsaga

« Reply #4405 on: March 23, 2011, 12:29:35 PM »

Because, when I ran the IP scan, it said:  "Location: New DT drummer Mike Mangini's living room (or possibly a portion of the Caribbean and sub-Saharan Africa)."

Ok, i thought you were mike mangini stalker too! haha! ;)

It's clear for me now!!!

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #4406 on: March 23, 2011, 09:47:33 PM »
Will someone please explain to me,

Why exactly will you be disappointed if it's Mangini?

oh and "insert drummer" > Mangini isn't a reason k?

im just curious.

There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline xShammas

« Reply #4407 on: March 23, 2011, 10:04:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure that whoever it is won't have a ton of input musically, but it's still DT and it's still going to be great. I'll be happy no matter who it is.

Offline Major Thirteenth

• He has his father's eyes... Gomez, take those out of his mouth.
« Reply #4408 on: March 24, 2011, 08:37:45 PM »
I'm pretty sure that whoever it is won't have a ton of input musically, but it's still DT and it's still going to be great. I'll be happy no matter who it is.

Like none. Not on this album. Let's not forget that it is almost a certainty that in a situation like this a new band member is probationary and will never to get to write anything straight away. He will basically be handed his parts and just told to play them. He can style a little bit with what he is given, but no writing credits or royalties for the new guy until he is made truly permanent. And that can't happen until after a nice long tour, which is what we will have this summer and fall. You don't know someone's long term viability until you tour with them. It's the only relevant stress test. It is my belief that the drum stuff has already been recorded and they are moving on to guitars and keyboards now. Basically the drums are written without the drummer using drum machines, then the drummer just gets to play what is given to him.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4409 on: March 24, 2011, 09:48:52 PM »
There is no was the rest of the guys tell the new drummer "What to play".  Now maybe the songs were done and they fleshed it out with him but telling him what to play is just wrong.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC