23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1058139 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #4235 on: March 17, 2011, 01:01:02 PM »
If its recorded. They should release a video compilation showing the 7 auditions playing one DT epic, as it draws to its end it eliminates the drummers until the last movement reveals the drummer....
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #4236 on: March 17, 2011, 01:25:36 PM »
Of course some people know who the drummer is.

As far as the auditions being filmed, that doesn't surprise me.  For one thing, in making the decision, it could be very useful for the guys to be able to go back and watch the auditions again and discuss.  And the technology being what it is, it is so cheap and easy to do it almost doesn't make sense NOT to film something like that.  Plus, we know Jordan has become a serious video freak over recent years, so it wouldn't surprise me if the suggestion came from him (or if he just decided on his own to do it).  :lol  Now as far as whether or not we, the fans, will ever see any of it...I could be mistaken, but I doubt it.

You're right, he is a video freak.....I wonder if this will prompt him to take over the DVD responsibility(?)

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #4237 on: March 17, 2011, 01:27:18 PM »
DT DVD making app on the works.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline dongringo

« Reply #4238 on: March 17, 2011, 03:33:27 PM »
Of course some people know who the drummer is.

As far as the auditions being filmed, that doesn't surprise me.  For one thing, in making the decision, it could be very useful for the guys to be able to go back and watch the auditions again and discuss.  And the technology being what it is, it is so cheap and easy to do it almost doesn't make sense NOT to film something like that.  Plus, we know Jordan has become a serious video freak over recent years, so it wouldn't surprise me if the suggestion came from him (or if he just decided on his own to do it).  :lol  Now as far as whether or not we, the fans, will ever see any of it...I could be mistaken, but I doubt it.

Yeah, I doubt we would see any of the footage of the drummers who didn't get the gig anyway. Possibly the auditions of the drummer who did get the gig, but I don't know what purpose it would serve. I guess anything is possible, but I doubt it too.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4239 on: March 17, 2011, 03:41:41 PM »
Its for the making of.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #4240 on: March 17, 2011, 04:32:09 PM »
At first I was like  :corn
...but then  :|

I have no idea what you are talking about.
That's ok, neither does he. :tick2:
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4241 on: March 17, 2011, 04:39:09 PM »
I don't know why, but Steve Bolognese popped into my head. Any thoughts? His band has recently toured with DT and he just quit his band recently.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4242 on: March 17, 2011, 05:13:12 PM »
Don't know who he is, but he's named after spaghetti sauce.  How good could he be?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

« Reply #4243 on: March 17, 2011, 05:25:11 PM »
Don't know who he is, but he's named after spaghetti sauce.  How good could he be?

He's the most recent (non current) drummer of Into Eternity. He taught, or teaches at Berkley, is a very talented metal drummer, has toured with DT and recently, for unknown reasons, quit Into Eternity.

I hope it's not him, but it popped into my head none the less.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 05:37:15 PM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline dongringo

« Reply #4244 on: March 17, 2011, 05:33:34 PM »
He's the most recent (non current) drummer of Into Eternity. He taught, or teaches at Berkley, is a very talented metal drummer, has toured with DT and recently, for unknown reasons, quit Into Eternity.

"None the less" belongs in the "it's neither here nor there" thread.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4245 on: March 17, 2011, 05:34:24 PM »
No, it doesn't.  Nonetheless is a word.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline dongringo

« Reply #4246 on: March 17, 2011, 05:37:25 PM »
Oh yeah duhhh  :facepalm:
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline Yazman

« Reply #4247 on: March 17, 2011, 09:46:26 PM »

"None the less" belongs in the "it's neither here nor there" thread.
No, it doesn't.  Nonetheless is a word.
Oh yeah duhhh  :facepalm:

LMAO  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #4248 on: March 17, 2011, 09:49:05 PM »
yeah, but a single word can totally be a phrase.

llike "ight"

There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #4249 on: March 18, 2011, 06:00:26 AM »
Don't know who he is, but he's named after spaghetti sauce.  How good could he be?
A good homemade Bolognese is quite delicious, but that last name made me chuckle.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #4250 on: March 18, 2011, 12:20:00 PM »
I don't know why, but Steve Bolognese popped into my head. Any thoughts? His band has recently toured with DT and he just quit his band recently.

I am pretty sure he took over for Mike Mangini at Berklee.

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4251 on: March 18, 2011, 12:22:59 PM »
A good homemade Bolognese is quite delicious, but that last name made me chuckle.

Same here  :rollin
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #4252 on: March 18, 2011, 02:06:23 PM »

I am pretty sure he took over for Mike Mangini at Berklee.

^^^ this

Offline Adami

« Reply #4253 on: March 18, 2011, 02:55:44 PM »
Oh ok, thanks for the info. :)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Odysseus

« Reply #4254 on: March 19, 2011, 07:11:37 AM »
Gee whiz... I've been on hiatus for 4 months and I come back and we STILL don't know?  Crikey, this has got to be the best kept secret in rock!  :o

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #4255 on: March 19, 2011, 05:19:12 PM »
you mean progressive metal.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline Major Thirteenth

• He has his father's eyes... Gomez, take those out of his mouth.
« Reply #4256 on: March 19, 2011, 11:34:00 PM »
Yes. I havent been around for awhile. But yes I am still telling you its Mangini. And please don't start arguing again. Never my intention.

I believe it. Wondering why it's taking so long to announce it though. Not being an industry insider, it's very difficult to understand how it could possibly take so long to work things out. But, whatever, looking forward to the next album.

I thought this was settled. They are making a video about the drummer selection process and don't want to spoil it by announcing. It should be out in May and that will end this phase. Then an album release for mid to late summer and touring starting in Europe. If this has all been posted before, sue me, I have been really busy...

Offline LKap13

« Reply #4257 on: March 20, 2011, 12:02:48 AM »

They are making a video about the drummer selection process and don't want to spoil it by announcing.

I really hope you're right Major. It would be well worth the wait if we got extra DT footage in return, especially if it featured the guys playing classics in the studio.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4258 on: March 20, 2011, 03:19:53 AM »

They are making a video about the drummer selection process and don't want to spoil it by announcing.

I really hope you're right Major. It would be well worth the wait if we got extra DT footage in return, especially if it featured the guys playing classics in the studio.
There is no evidence that this is the case at all, people here speculated that they may do that, but that's it.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Odysseus

« Reply #4259 on: March 20, 2011, 04:15:39 AM »
you mean progressive metal.

Probably... but I'll wait til I hear the album!  ;D

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4260 on: March 20, 2011, 04:50:51 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline LTE777

« Reply #4261 on: March 20, 2011, 05:45:22 AM »
The obvious thing that has happened is RR has observed untold interest in the band since Mike left and there has been a lot of anticipation built up for the new album hence they have told the band to hold of on the annoucement until the album release to maintain that momentum thus increased first week/first month sales.  Once everyone finds out who the drummer is and buys the albums, there will be discussions on this that will drive potential first month sales through the roof.  Im quite sure any legal or internal conflicts have been sorted in the band otherwise they would not be in a position to record an album nor would they want to with any unknown's still not ironed out (ie new drummer could have fallen through in ironing out contracts and any DT related MP owned items may affect the content/recording process.

Thoughts?

P.S. Sorry for any spelling/grammar errors.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #4262 on: March 20, 2011, 06:12:46 AM »
Roadrunner holding them back from announcing the new drummer's name makes sense to me. Out of all possibilities, that one seems the most believable. In terms of marketing, there needs to be good timing for announcing the news.

Offline LKap13

« Reply #4263 on: March 20, 2011, 09:54:37 AM »
The obvious thing that has happened is RR has observed untold interest in the band since Mike left and there has been a lot of anticipation built up for the new album hence they have told the band to hold of on the annoucement until the album release to maintain that momentum thus increased first week/first month sales.  Once everyone finds out who the drummer is and buys the albums, there will be discussions on this that will drive potential first month sales through the roof.  Im quite sure any legal or internal conflicts have been sorted in the band otherwise they would not be in a position to record an album nor would they want to with any unknown's still not ironed out (ie new drummer could have fallen through in ironing out contracts and any DT related MP owned items may affect the content/recording process.

Thoughts?

P.S. Sorry for any spelling/grammar errors.

Yes, this seems to be the most plausible explanation. From a business standpoint, I can't say I disagree with the decision either.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4264 on: March 20, 2011, 10:58:10 AM »
From the other thread: What about Gavin Harrison? Certainly can play the stuff, and has his own recording studio in which he records his tracks for PT for example.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #4265 on: March 20, 2011, 11:00:32 AM »
You mean Gavin Harisson OF PORCUPINE TREE?
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #4266 on: March 20, 2011, 11:01:42 AM »
He would certainly have to leave PT. I just don't see it happening, but you never know. Maybe if they made him an offer he couldn't refuse. But PT is on the rise. I just can't see it.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4267 on: March 20, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »
DOUBLE DUTY!!! MAJOR UPSET!!

Ok, just kidding. Can't really see it, but it would be an explanation of the drummer not being in the studio.

rumborak

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4268 on: March 20, 2011, 11:03:02 AM »
But PT is on the rise. I just can't see it.

Yeah, I would agree that PT has a few more years than DT has in front of them.

rumborak

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4269 on: March 20, 2011, 11:06:24 AM »
Rumbo, why are you bringing up Harrison? Didn't you already start a thread claiming to "know" people saying it was Mangini?
Why perpetuate other names?

Are you saying that the drummer is NOT in the studio? Has this been confirmed because I would be very surprised if that were true. To me, it makes no sense.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol