23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1058971 times)

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #4060 on: March 09, 2011, 06:30:41 PM »
Your avatar is still extraordinary.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4061 on: March 09, 2011, 06:41:29 PM »
Yeah I'd say it's probable (but not definite) that he checks in here on occasion.

He might, but I doubt it.  But I'm not convinced regarding the whole thing with the tweets.  For one thing, a bunch of the supposed tweets that were quoted here do not show up on James' Twitter, which likely means they're fake.  So for the few things that he actually did tweet, I think it's more likely someone was feeding him the information.  I could be wrong, but that's what I've been led to believe from my sources.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bloop

• The opadismo
  • Mobilizing to contribute to the alliance

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4063 on: March 09, 2011, 07:11:36 PM »
I think we have some pretty conclusive evidence that he has been to this forum.  And why wouldn't he?  If I were in a band that had forums dedicated to them, you better believe I'd be stopping in to see how insane my fans were  ;D
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #4064 on: March 09, 2011, 07:17:04 PM »
The reason I buy the weather think is because it's got no other meaning that I can see. It's completely out of context for anything.

Also, it makes me famous. :hat

Offline champbassist

« Reply #4065 on: March 09, 2011, 10:24:34 PM »
Someone said here that DT won't reveal the new drummer's name until the release of the new album to avoid prejudice to reduce sales. That's scarily logic. Even when JLB said "our new drummer is gonna blow your minds", if it's Mangini, after all the rejection around here, it's very posible, they've chickened out and decide to shut up until the record is out in the streets for us to check it out more objectively.

It'd be even better if they release the album and not the name of the drummer :D Or maybe make a contest out of it: listen to the album and tell us who the drummer is :p

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4066 on: March 10, 2011, 12:34:50 AM »
Nope, they're definitely there. Not sure why you can't see them.
https://twitter.com/Piratecjs/status/35800569297903616
https://twitter.com/Piratecjs/status/38300764254380032
https://twitter.com/Piratecjs/status/38397271192256512
Yeah and that final one was in response to Will tweeting "@piratecjs So it's pretty clear you lurk DTF. Finally we got some good hair in the forum"

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
« Reply #4067 on: March 10, 2011, 01:51:30 AM »
In that case the poor guy has been reading about us debating whether he reads the stuff over here for the past however many posts!
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline Bill Carson

« Reply #4068 on: March 10, 2011, 02:34:30 AM »
You know its funny the negativity surrounding the probable announcement of Mike Mangini.
Maybe its because there's nothing new to this i.e. he's played with JLB so we kind of know what to expect.
Or maybe, despite all his technical ability.......and he is clearly one of the best technical drummers around.......he's not as flamboyant, he tends to sit and groove in the song.
He should actually be the perfect choice when you look at it but i'm still disappointed and I don't know why !

Offline Cygnus7874

• Just Chillin
« Reply #4069 on: March 10, 2011, 07:44:03 AM »
Someone said here that DT won't reveal the new drummer's name until the release of the new album to avoid prejudice to reduce sales. That's scarily logic. Even when JLB said "our new drummer is gonna blow your minds", if it's Mangini, after all the rejection around here, it's very posible, they've chickened out and decide to shut up until the record is out in the streets for us to check it out more objectively.

It'd be even better if they release the album and not the name of the drummer :D Or maybe make a contest out of it: listen to the album and tell us who the drummer is :p

What I think would be fun is if they did like the last release and provided us some covers first. In that it would allow the new drummer to pick one of his favorite tunes to cover. Then throw it out to the fans as both an introduction and a great way to reconnect with the fans after this ordeal.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4070 on: March 10, 2011, 06:12:34 PM »
It would be an interesting statistic to track the number of posts per day in this thread over time. I don't know, but I'm checking this thread and forum less and less. Now that they're tracking the album and they still haven't announced it, it seems they're not going to for a long while.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #4071 on: March 10, 2011, 07:05:46 PM »
I've noticed that they've been very quiet as of late, haven't had a JR studio pic for a while. Nothing anywhere about drummers, or even rumors.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #4072 on: March 10, 2011, 07:44:35 PM »
This thread has become a little quiet as well. It's like we have resigned ourselves. All the necessary discussion and speculation has already taken place and it appears don't have much left to say  :lol
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline dongringo

« Reply #4073 on: March 10, 2011, 08:02:26 PM »
Hmmmm  :corn
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline alpheus94

« Reply #4074 on: March 10, 2011, 08:05:22 PM »
THOMAS LANG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

just thought I would say it.

Offline MemoryScenes

« Reply #4075 on: March 10, 2011, 08:13:54 PM »
Calm before the storm? Or maybe there's not much to say when most of the evidence so far points to Mike Mangini.

Offline bloop

• The opadismo
  • Mobilizing to contribute to the alliance
« Reply #4076 on: March 10, 2011, 08:17:10 PM »
"Most of the the evidence" has been pointing to all sorts of people in the last few months. Hell, maybe tomorrow we'll all think the new drummer is Ringo.

Offline MemoryScenes

« Reply #4077 on: March 10, 2011, 08:20:46 PM »
That's a little extreme.

I just keep thinking "Shouldn't it have been obvious when Mangini left his teaching position?"

I'm still hoping for Lang.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4078 on: March 10, 2011, 08:37:17 PM »
I dread the day when Mangini will be announced.

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #4079 on: March 10, 2011, 09:05:18 PM »
meh, could be worse.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #4080 on: March 10, 2011, 09:09:02 PM »
Nope, they're definitely there. Not sure why you can't see them.
https://twitter.com/Piratecjs/status/35800569297903616
https://twitter.com/Piratecjs/status/38300764254380032
https://twitter.com/Piratecjs/status/38397271192256512
Yeah and that final one was in response to Will tweeting "@piratecjs So it's pretty clear you lurk DTF. Finally we got some good hair in the forum"

This is why I think he's a lurker :metal

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4081 on: March 11, 2011, 07:00:52 AM »
You know its funny the negativity surrounding the probable announcement of Mike Mangini.
Maybe its because there's nothing new to this i.e. he's played with JLB so we kind of know what to expect.
Or maybe, despite all his technical ability.......and he is clearly one of the best technical drummers around.......he's not as flamboyant, he tends to sit and groove in the song.
He should actually be the perfect choice when you look at it but i'm still disappointed and I don't know why !

Maybe because deep down inside you know he is not the perfect choice. To me the prefect choice is Minnemann. He can play any style he wants, he does it amazingly good, he is a really cool guy, and he doesn't just rely on his technical skills but tries to play in a more melodic way.
I said this before and haven't changed my mind, having Mangini replace Portnoy is like Yngwie replacing JP, great technical skills, lacks heart.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4082 on: March 11, 2011, 07:04:42 AM »
Maybe because deep down inside you know he is not the perfect choice.

Here's something worth considering.

"Deep down inside," you know absolutely nothing about the new drummer. Even when it is announced, you will still know nothing about whether the right choice was made or not. Only the guys will know and for us only time will tell.

That's what I'm hearing, "deep down inside" myself :biggrin:

Offline dongringo

« Reply #4083 on: March 11, 2011, 07:57:23 AM »
Maybe because deep down inside you know he is not the perfect choice.

Here's something worth considering.

"Deep down inside," you know absolutely nothing about the new drummer. Even when it is announced, you will still know nothing about whether the right choice was made or not. Only the guys will know and for us only time will tell.

That's what I'm hearing, "deep down inside" myself :biggrin:

LOL ^ This

I don't know how anyone who has nothing to do with DT or the new drummer can say who is or isn't the right choice for DT. Only they know.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #4084 on: March 11, 2011, 07:59:14 AM »
Aquiles Priester.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4085 on: March 11, 2011, 08:24:01 AM »
Reading peoples post in here makes me feel sane.  Thank you.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4086 on: March 11, 2011, 08:26:19 AM »
:lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4087 on: March 11, 2011, 08:41:22 AM »

You are welcome  :tup
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Bone_Daddy

« Reply #4088 on: March 11, 2011, 08:54:25 AM »

Maybe because deep down inside you know he is not the perfect choice. To me the prefect choice is Minnemann. He can play any style he wants, he does it amazingly good, he is a really cool guy, and he doesn't just rely on his technical skills but tries to play in a more melodic way.
I said this before and haven't changed my mind, having Mangini replace Portnoy is like Yngwie replacing JP, great technical skills, lacks heart.

Not the perfect choice for YOU? What are you saying? This is not about ANY of YOU. This is about the band and THEIR choice. And better yet, they are happy with their choice.

This thread has been lambasted by comments that are very self-centered.

Is it not the reason we are fans of Dream Theater is because of the music they play? And if that is the case, why would it matter who the drummer is so long as they compose and play great music?

Seriously, this thread has become  :tdwn

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #4089 on: March 11, 2011, 08:56:17 AM »
Was it ever  :tup ?
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline darkshot

« Reply #4090 on: March 11, 2011, 09:01:16 AM »
God forbid people post their opinion of the drummer they want to hear, in a speculation thread.  No ones saying they will suddenly hate the band if the band doesn't pick their choice.  If its not cool to post who our preference is, then what is the point of this thread again?

After 117 pages there's not much else to say, sorry.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #4091 on: March 11, 2011, 10:07:27 AM »
Was it ever  :tup ?
I liked the first post. Get the feeling it was written by someone really handsome and clever. It just has that "handsome" vibe.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #4092 on: March 11, 2011, 12:30:52 PM »
People, not necessarily on DTF, seem to be getting pissed off that it's taking so long. I never knew there was a pre-determined timeframe of when a band had to replace a member and then announce them.

Personally, I'm just glad DT is still around, but I think it reflects worse on RR than the guys themselves; RR haven't exactly done a great job as of late. Even if they can't say who it is, they could give some reason for why it's taken so long.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #4093 on: March 11, 2011, 12:33:19 PM »
People, not necessarily on DTF, seem to be getting pissed off that it's taking so long. I never knew there was a pre-determined timeframe of when a band had to replace a member and then announce them.

Personally, I'm just glad DT is still around, but I think it reflects worse on RR than the guys themselves; RR haven't exactly done a great job as of late. Even if they can't say who it is, they could give some reason for why it's taken so long.
Still, at least they're not Atlantic.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4094 on: March 11, 2011, 12:40:08 PM »
God forbid people post their opinion of the drummer they want to hear, in a speculation thread.  No ones saying they will suddenly hate the band if the band doesn't pick their choice.  If its not cool to post who our preference is, then what is the point of this thread again?

After 117 pages there's not much else to say, sorry.

Problem is some people have stated if its drummer A rather than drummer B, than they will stop listening to the band which to me is ridiculous considering we have not heard any of the album yet. Bottom line is the band will do what they think is best for the band, not the fanbase
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.