23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1058763 times)

Offline atmyne

• Dog Face no space
Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #3955 on: March 03, 2011, 08:20:43 AM »
I feel like I care less about the new drummer and am more excited about the release of the new album. Simply put: I don't care about the drummer situation anymore.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #3956 on: March 03, 2011, 09:02:17 AM »
I feel like I care less about the new drummer and am more excited about the release of the new album. Simply put: I don't care about the drummer situation anymore.
Me too ;D
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline robwebster

« Reply #3957 on: March 03, 2011, 09:18:53 AM »
Aye, same.

Not to mention, we've discussed all the drummers mentioned in the poll to death - and back - and chances are it's probably one of them. So when Mike Mangini's finally announced we'll just go "ah! It was that one we've already discussed."

I'm exaggerating - people will be more vocal when it's confirmed; more worried about the things they don't like about the drummer and more buzzed about the things they do - but it's not something I'm especially looking forward to any more. They've got a drummer, it'll be great, where's the music?!

An eleventh Dream Theater album exists. Somewhere. It's all "on paper." Possibly demoed, even. That's where exciting things are happening.

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #3958 on: March 03, 2011, 09:21:42 AM »
Aye, same.

Not to mention, we've discussed all the drummers mentioned in the poll to death - and back - and chances are it's probably one of them. So when Mike Mangini's finally announced we'll just go "ah! It was that one we've already discussed."

I'm exaggerating - people will be more vocal when it's confirmed; more worried about the things they don't like about the drummer and more buzzed about the things they do - but it's not something I'm especially looking forward to any more. They've got a drummer, it'll be great, where's the music?!

An eleventh Dream Theater album exists. Somewhere. It's all "on paper." Possibly demoed, even. That's where exciting things are happening.

I hope it is someone we never or rarely discussed.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #3959 on: March 03, 2011, 09:26:14 AM »
Aye! That would be lovely. I'd be thrilled if I was surprised by the the announcement.

I've got a hunch we may not be so lucky, however. We've not rumbled it - looking at the poll the three-way split's fairly even - but we're probably poking the hedge in a fair few of the right places.

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #3960 on: March 03, 2011, 12:42:11 PM »
eye
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline TheKillingHand

« Reply #3961 on: March 03, 2011, 12:48:15 PM »
IF the drummer wasn't present in the writing sessions then it would suggest that he is a temporary hired gun (IMO). Maybe the reason they haven't said anything about the drummer yet is because if they had, and he wasn't with them for the writing process, then people would easily find out. And they don't want people knowing that the drummer is temporary so that people will take the new album and the guy seriously.

So maybe their silence regarding the new drummer during the writing process might be a cover-up to hide the fact that the new drummer is just a temporary member? Just a thought!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:57:10 PM by TheKillingHand »

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #3962 on: March 03, 2011, 12:52:23 PM »
JP has specifically said they weren't looking for a temporary guy.

Offline TheKillingHand

« Reply #3963 on: March 03, 2011, 12:55:41 PM »
JP has specifically said they weren't looking for a temporary guy.

Yeah I know, but my point is maybe they do intend to get a temporary guy, but they are telling the public the opposite so as to not lose momentum or whatever. Haha just pure speculation, probably nonsense!

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #3964 on: March 03, 2011, 01:00:56 PM »
Why would they tell a lie such as this?
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline TheKillingHand

« Reply #3965 on: March 03, 2011, 01:04:39 PM »
Why would they tell a lie such as this?

I explained in my post. Anyway, as I said, it was just a thought and more than likely not the case!

Offline robwebster

« Reply #3966 on: March 03, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »
Maybe the plan changed. Maybe they hired a drummer who then had to pull out. Maybe their choice of drummer wasn't comfortable replacing Mike Portnoy on a 100% permanent basis, yet.

Doesn't mean JP's a liar. May just mean that stuff's come up.

Offline TheKillingHand

« Reply #3967 on: March 03, 2011, 01:16:31 PM »
Maybe the plan changed. Maybe they hired a drummer who then had to pull out. Maybe their choice of drummer wasn't comfortable replacing Mike Portnoy on a 100% permanent basis, yet.

That's most likely the case I'd say!

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3968 on: March 03, 2011, 01:22:41 PM »
But why would a drummer agree to audition only to pull out. I'm certain its gonna be someone no one expected.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Mladen

« Reply #3969 on: March 03, 2011, 01:24:18 PM »

I do want Portnoy to return to Dream Theater at some point, but the band should go with a new drummer for a couple of years with the guy being a real band member, and not just a temporary guy. If the plan has changed... Well, that kinda sucks, but the new album will still kick some ass.  ;D

Offline Knguro

« Reply #3970 on: March 03, 2011, 01:38:52 PM »
Why would they hire a temporary drummer it doesnt make any sense to me. Are they waiting for MP? I dont think so, i cant imagine a band trying to write an album having allllll of their fan base talking about what they like and what dont, about their new member, thr drummer is with them, period.
...Here before me is my soul, I'm learning to live...
And your English is just fine. :tup

Offline Sparta-ll

« Reply #3971 on: March 03, 2011, 01:46:48 PM »
https://www.mikemangini.com/1mikemanginipage/biospage.htm

"Has performed or recorded with" - section has been updated

....,Dream Theater (whole band & dual drum w/Mike Portnoy),....

If I remember right, that page didn't say anything about dual drum w/Mike Portnoy before. Of course that might not mean anything, but I'd say that it is a strange addition...

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 02:05:36 PM by Sparta-ll »

Offline Ħ

« Reply #3972 on: March 03, 2011, 01:50:58 PM »
Well, there you go.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3973 on: March 03, 2011, 01:51:35 PM »
Yeah, that Mangini thing was reported a while ago.  And true.  He did play with the whole band as a sort of duel-drum setup with Mike, IIRC.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3974 on: March 03, 2011, 02:03:21 PM »
IF the drummer wasn't present in the writing sessions then it would suggest that he is a temporary hired gun (IMO).
It would suggest nothing of the sort. Whoever they chose may have been tied up with other engagements they had to finish first, but DT had the studio booked, so figured for this album they'll write mostly or entirely without him but bring him in fully for the next album. Or, like I suggested way back last year before there was any speculation of who might even be auditioning, they might just do that anyway to ease the transition. It would make sense.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TheKillingHand

« Reply #3975 on: March 03, 2011, 02:21:16 PM »
It would suggest nothing of the sort. Whoever they chose may have been tied up with other engagements they had to finish first, but DT had the studio booked, so figured for this album they'll write mostly or entirely without him but bring him in fully for the next album. Or, like I suggested way back last year before there was any speculation of who might even be auditioning, they might just do that anyway to ease the transition. It would make sense.

True! Many possibilities!

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3976 on: March 03, 2011, 02:28:29 PM »
I could see that. They wanted to reconnect, see what will occur. But then, they all jammed with the new drumer. So, they may write and see what drum lines he comes up with.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3977 on: March 03, 2011, 03:03:33 PM »
Many possibilities!
Absolutely, which is what makes it quite exciting still, despite the fact that it's been dragging on for months! :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3978 on: March 03, 2011, 03:58:41 PM »
https://www.mikemangini.com/1mikemanginipage/biospage.htm

"Has performed or recorded with" - section has been updated

....,Dream Theater (whole band & dual drum w/Mike Portnoy),....

If I remember right, that page didn't say anything about dual drum w/Mike Portnoy before. Of course that might not mean anything, but I'd say that it is a strange addition...

This was when he jumped up on stage in Boston durring the SDOIT tour.  I was there. He did a duel drum solo with Mike.  Mike had the mini drum set mixed into the whole drum set.  It was very cool to see live.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #3979 on: March 03, 2011, 04:58:23 PM »
Many possibilities!
Absolutely, which is what makes it quite exciting still, despite the fact that it's been dragging on for months! :lol

politely disagree. no excitement here. been too long.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3980 on: March 03, 2011, 05:01:40 PM »
Many possibilities!

Are you kidding me?! 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3981 on: March 03, 2011, 05:05:32 PM »
Haha...that's how people will feel when 2012 comes...

Its gonna be worth it because the others can shine.

Offline tyranor

« Reply #3982 on: March 03, 2011, 05:32:09 PM »
Hope it will be Lang or Minnemann.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3983 on: March 03, 2011, 06:10:18 PM »
Many possibilities!

Are you kidding me?! 

That's what happens when people get spoiled with the internet. The place where all information is leaked before it's meant to be revealed.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3984 on: March 03, 2011, 07:19:54 PM »
Fingers crossed for Mangini, or any announcement, like most people I just want a new DT album.
Whoever the new drummer is, we will get used to their style etc.  :)

Offline climberboy

« Reply #3985 on: March 04, 2011, 01:56:57 AM »
as much as i am looking forward to the new album we still might have a long time to wait for any announcement, I mean it took dragonforce nearly a year to sort out a new vocalist.....

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #3986 on: March 04, 2011, 02:35:56 AM »
as much as i am looking forward to the new album we still might have a long time to wait for any announcement, I mean it took dragonforce nearly a year to sort out a new vocalist.....

Thing is, they actually took a long time to PICK the dude. DT picked him pretty quick, and it's the announcement that's taking long.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline IronMarioAUT

« Reply #3987 on: March 04, 2011, 03:04:14 AM »
wow it's march and we still don't know the drummer. I can't believe they are already announcing tour dates and we don't even know all the band members  :lol

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3988 on: March 04, 2011, 08:25:22 AM »
Be careful with bosk's trap.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #3989 on: March 04, 2011, 08:40:54 AM »
Many possibilities!

Are you kidding me?! 

That's what happens when people get spoiled with the internet. The place where all information is leaked before it's meant to be revealed.

not really. it honestly has just been too long.