23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1058998 times)

Offline theusualmadness

Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #3920 on: March 02, 2011, 08:35:33 AM »
BLABBERMOUTH.NET is run and operated independently of Roadrunner Records. The accuracy of the information contained herein is neither confirmed nor guaranteed by Roadrunner Records, and the views and opinions of authors expressed on these pages do not necessarily state or reflect those of Roadrunner Records or its employees.

BLABBERMOUTH.NET is run and operated independently of Roadrunner Records. The accuracy of the information contained herein is neither confirmed nor guaranteed by Roadrunner Records, and the views and opinions of authors expressed on these pages do not necessarily state or reflect those of Roadrunner Records or its employees.

:omg:

:P

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3921 on: March 02, 2011, 08:39:23 AM »
It could be anything at this point...new dates, tours, maybe Jordan pulled a muscle in his wrist or JM was honored at a local Starbucks for his years of patronage

honestly people just need to chill

all i can say is looking through this thread  once the announcement is made its just going to be a piss-fest anyway because drummer so and so was picked over someone else

Then chill.

He's pretty much chilled, don't worry. Someone had to say the things he said.
True, there's no one more chilled on DTF than wchillml!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3922 on: March 02, 2011, 08:40:14 AM »
 :metal :metal
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Stoneyman

« Reply #3923 on: March 02, 2011, 09:08:10 AM »
I would like to see a Dream Theater episode on Maury Povich.  Instead of who's my baby's daddy, they can have a Who's DTs New Drumma! with JP on the set.

"In the case of little Tommy Lang.........You are NOT THE DRUMMA!"

"In the case of little Mikey Mangini.....You ARE THE DRUMMA!

JP can then run crying into the back while Maury chases after him.  JP will be laying in the floor sobbing as Maury tries to comfort him.

Throw in some trailer park hermie midgets and this one could be great!

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3924 on: March 02, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
My life is ruined forever.
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3925 on: March 02, 2011, 10:04:42 AM »
I hope the announcement is US tour dates.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline SeventhSon

« Reply #3926 on: March 02, 2011, 10:23:32 AM »
I would like to see a Dream Theater episode on Maury Povich.  Instead of who's my baby's daddy, they can have a Who's DTs New Drumma! with JP on the set.

"In the case of little Tommy Lang.........You are NOT THE DRUMMA!"

"In the case of little Mikey Mangini.....You ARE THE DRUMMA!

JP can then run crying into the back while Maury chases after him.  JP will be laying in the floor sobbing as Maury tries to comfort him.

Throw in some trailer park hermie midgets and this one could be great!

Greatest thing ever.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3927 on: March 02, 2011, 11:14:39 AM »
Doubtful, but this is also my hope as well. Trying to book a vacation in August so it would be helpful to know when they'll be on the east coast.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3928 on: March 02, 2011, 11:18:15 AM »
Doubtful, but this is also my hope as well. Trying to book a vacation in August so it would be helpful to know when they'll be on the east coast.

But honey I'll be back in a few days.  Mickey and Minnie will accompany you. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3929 on: March 02, 2011, 11:23:38 AM »

But honey I'll be back in a few days.  Mickey and Minnie will accompany you. :lol

I tried that for our April trip. Maiden is playing in Tampa! No f##king way..haha
Actually, we're not gonna end up going then anyway..

Offline Vesper

« Reply #3930 on: March 02, 2011, 11:59:41 AM »
At this point I think that Nick Mason is the drummer.

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3931 on: March 02, 2011, 12:09:04 PM »

Well, considering they're still in Europe at least until the end of July, I doubt they'll hit the US before the last week of August.

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #3932 on: March 02, 2011, 12:09:13 PM »
Pickles, the drummer. Doodly doo. Ding dong, doodly doodly doodly doo.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #3933 on: March 02, 2011, 01:21:27 PM »
I don't know who that is, but it would be better than Nick Jonas. Is there a Nick Jonas?

Offline jdprsaga

« Reply #3934 on: March 02, 2011, 01:36:33 PM »

Well, considering they're still in Europe at least until the end of July, I doubt they'll hit the US before the last week of August.

I hope not.. i'm going to europe in the last two weeks of august first week of september so i could miss their shows in florida if they start at the end of august.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3935 on: March 02, 2011, 02:51:49 PM »

Well, in 2009, Europe ended on 7/20 and US started on 7/24.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #3936 on: March 02, 2011, 02:52:41 PM »
I don't know who that is, but it would be better than Nick Jonas. Is there a Nick Jonas?

A world where a prog fan knows the Jonas Brothers but doesn't know who Nick Mason is is not a world I want to live in, goodbye everyone.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #3937 on: March 02, 2011, 03:03:29 PM »

Pink Floyd

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3938 on: March 02, 2011, 03:10:09 PM »

A world where a prog fan knows the Jonas Brothers but doesn't know who Nick Mason is is not a world I want to live in, goodbye everyone.
:lol

True though.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3939 on: March 02, 2011, 03:49:54 PM »

Well, in 2009, Europe ended on 07/04 and US started on 7/24.

FTFY.

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3940 on: March 02, 2011, 04:38:32 PM »

Offline dongringo

« Reply #3941 on: March 02, 2011, 05:42:54 PM »
It could be anything at this point...new dates, tours, maybe Jordan pulled a muscle in his wrist or JM was honored at a local Starbucks for his years of patronage

honestly people just need to chill

all i can say is looking through this thread  once the announcement is made its just going to be a piss-fest anyway because drummer so and so was picked over someone else

Then chill.

He's pretty much chilled, don't worry. Someone had to say the things he said.

I am as chill as chill can be..if that makes any sense. I just see alot of new posters (welcome) and I can only imagine the job the mods will have on their hands once the announcement is made. Bottom line is DT is going to do what they feel is best for them, not best for the fan base

Very true. Glad everyone is chill.  :) I was certainly  :chill today pressure washing out in the rain.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline Robber Soul

« Reply #3942 on: March 02, 2011, 05:47:14 PM »
What business would Roadrunner have in announcing who DTs new drummer is?  It should have nothing to do with the record label.  It's a band ordeal and should be addressed by the band.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 06:07:20 PM by Robber Soul »

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3943 on: March 02, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »

I'm starting to doubt that. It seems like every time Mike sighs or gasps for breath, there's a new story out that makes Dream Theater look good and get more publicity at Portnoy's expense sadly.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #3944 on: March 02, 2011, 06:08:16 PM »
Bah. That's just the "angle." Bad journalists write stories that feature heroes and villains. They've got to be consistent with who gets to go on the pedestal and who's left sitting on the naughty step, or the ongoing narrative won't make sense. Which doesn't preclude twists in the tale ("aha! MP was the good guy all along!"), but balance isn't to be expected from tabloids.

And Blabbermouth is, essentially, a music tabloid. Heck, possibly sub-tabloid - I wager that tabloids probably feature significantly more original content than BM. A lot of the Blabbermouth news is copy and pasted. Paste on a provocative headline, throw in a short blurb describing what an Opeth is, add a couple of summarised stories from a few weeks ago, and voila! Article.

Oh, and don't forget to capitalise all the nouns like it's a game of fucking POKEMON.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3945 on: March 02, 2011, 06:11:36 PM »
I laughed at "what an Opeth is"  :lol
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3946 on: March 02, 2011, 06:54:28 PM »

Hooray!  I can stop crying every time you post your opinion in the Coheed thread!  ;D

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #3947 on: March 02, 2011, 07:47:29 PM »

Pink Floyd
Oh, I see why I'm a dunce now.

Then again, my apologies for not knowing every member of every good band by name.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3948 on: March 03, 2011, 03:03:02 AM »

I'm starting to doubt that. It seems like every time Mike sighs or gasps for breath, there's a new story out that makes Dream Theater look good and get more publicity at Portnoy's expense sadly.
MP has publicly slated Blabbermouth in the past, I can't imagine they're his biggest fans.

And like Rob said, they are a music tabloid, and even that is being generous. They're all about drama and provocation - and right DT is popular and MP is easy to attack.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3949 on: March 03, 2011, 05:50:59 AM »
Well I just think that a Roadrunner run tabloid using a every shred of news or non-news about a certain Roadrunner band in shameless attempts to garner them more exposure is more than coincidence.

Offline phentalmyst

« Reply #3950 on: March 03, 2011, 07:05:47 AM »
Well I just think that a Roadrunner run tabloid using a every shred of news or non-news about a certain Roadrunner band in shameless attempts to garner them more exposure is more than coincidence.

Roadrunner doesn't run it. that's the point.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3951 on: March 03, 2011, 07:12:25 AM »
Yeah, they don't run it. They just host it. I'm sure they don't get involved at all  :biggrin:

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #3952 on: March 03, 2011, 07:25:15 AM »

DT receives their share of bad press on that site. If they were more vocal they would have the same as Portnoy. Most of the bad press are by fan comments anyways.

Offline phentalmyst

« Reply #3953 on: March 03, 2011, 07:59:03 AM »
Yeah, they don't run it. They just host it. I'm sure they don't get involved at all  :biggrin:

i work on a major news site and we have many affiliates. they run and operate their own sites 100% free of our input. yes, on our domain.

i don't see why this is such an inconceivable notion.

Offline emtee

« Reply #3954 on: March 03, 2011, 08:04:07 AM »
I could be dead wrong, but from the sparse info we have it seems like the drummer may not
have been present for any of the writting process. We'll see in due time. If so, his job will
be to come in and lay down tracks that the band will already have an idea how they want
to sound. Again...I COULD BE DEAD WRONG, but if he wasn't there, his role sounds more
like a hired gun than a full fledged member of the band.