23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1059153 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #3780 on: February 26, 2011, 01:48:46 PM »
He wasn't "chased away" from the forum.  He was banned for being a jerk.  And, for the record, he was also lying about who he is.

I actually believe he was who he said he was. I also believe he was banned for refusing to provide proof of the fact that Mike and DT were in a legal fight over Dream Theater's name. Proof he could not possibly offer, especially if he was a family member. You couldn't expect him to violate confidences like that, and remain a viable family member and continue getting invited for Christmas LOL... Yet he did provide a glimpse into the interior. The facts appear to be gradually proving him right, the legal fight is now obvious and it is almost impossible to conceive that the band name is not in play. It has to be and why wouldn't it be? Along with everything else, as we are now beginning to see. It all comes out sooner or later doesn't it then? However I also see the mods not being able to accept him on his word. And the forum is private property so the mods can ban anyone they want and it's perfectly legit.

I haven't seen any proof for legal battles other than people saying it must be obvious.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3781 on: February 26, 2011, 01:58:46 PM »
He wasn't "chased away" from the forum.  He was banned for being a jerk.  And, for the record, he was also lying about who he is.

I actually believe he was who he said he was. I also believe he was banned for refusing to provide proof of the fact that Mike and DT were in a legal fight over Dream Theater's name. Proof he could not possibly offer, especially if he was a family member. You couldn't expect him to violate confidences like that, and remain a viable family member and continue getting invited for Christmas LOL... Yet he did provide a glimpse into the interior. The facts appear to be gradually proving him right, the legal fight is now obvious and it is almost impossible to conceive that the band name is not in play. It has to be and why wouldn't it be? Along with everything else, as we are now beginning to see. It all comes out sooner or later doesn't it then? However I also see the mods not being able to accept him on his word. And the forum is private property so the mods can ban anyone they want and it's perfectly legit.
Wtf. Yes technically we CAN ban anyone for whatever reason we like, but we don't. He wasn't banned because of lack of evidence, and I have no idea why you think he was. Other people have made claims without proof and they've been shouted down by people but there's nothing against the rules about that so they haven't been banned.

Also, the legal fight is now "obvious"? I really have no idea what you're talking about.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #3782 on: February 26, 2011, 02:21:33 PM »

Please provide proof of "legal fight". This is all still speculation. Not that I have a problem with speculation.

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #3783 on: February 26, 2011, 02:36:50 PM »

i have to say, to get banned from this forum you have to say something REALLY stupid. the mods is pretty chill.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline Ħ

« Reply #3784 on: February 26, 2011, 02:49:39 PM »
I think he was referring to the recent YJR drama as evidence of a legal fight.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline bloop

• The opadismo
  • Mobilizing to contribute to the alliance
« Reply #3785 on: February 26, 2011, 02:50:21 PM »

i have to say, to get banned from this forum you have to say something REALLY stupid. the mods is pretty chill.
the mods is pretty chill.

meh mods is a pretty cool guy.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 03:00:38 PM by bloop »

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3786 on: February 26, 2011, 03:04:20 PM »
How the eff is a legal situation over the band name obvious now?  Actually, how the eff is any real legal situation obvious?  As bosk said, once a suit is filed it can be viewed by the public.  There probably won't be any new YJR releases unless the band buys the rights from MP, but that's just about the only kink on the DT business end. 

Offline Ħ

« Reply #3787 on: February 26, 2011, 03:07:57 PM »
While they're at it they should buy the rights to WDaDU, and completely rework it with James LaBrie, along with the Majesty demos and b-sides. /rant
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3788 on: February 26, 2011, 03:10:43 PM »
I'd love to hear a rerecorded version of WDADU if we're allowed to hear John Myung.

No thanks on the Majesty demos though.  With the exception of "Another Won," they're pretty bad.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #3789 on: February 26, 2011, 03:25:15 PM »
I'd love to hear a rerecorded version of WDADU if we're allowed to hear John Myung.

No thanks on the Majesty demos though.  With the exception of "Another Won," they're pretty bad.
I'd give an obscene amount of money to hear a rerecorded and remastered version of "Mike Thinks He's Dee Dee Ramone Introducing a Song Song."

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3790 on: February 26, 2011, 03:43:37 PM »

Agreed, Another Won is pretty good although the Score version does a great job of updating that! And the rest just aren't very interesting.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #3791 on: February 26, 2011, 03:49:13 PM »

I'd give an obscene amount of money to hear a rerecorded and remastered version of "Mike Thinks He's Dee Dee Ramone Introducing a Song Song."
...except that isn't a part of the Majesty demos. :p

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #3792 on: February 26, 2011, 03:50:40 PM »

...except that isn't a part of the Majesty demos. :p
It's on teh YtseJam Records version. :P

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #3793 on: February 26, 2011, 03:52:35 PM »
Which is the Majesty demos packaged together with a ton of other... stuff.

Offline jmbeat

« Reply #3794 on: February 26, 2011, 04:24:25 PM »
For Some reason i think it is Thomas Lang.
"So just shut your face and take a seat because after all you're just talking meat.....and music?  Well that's just entertainment folks.---Devin Townsend

"I'm not drinking until Saturday"---My Wife;)

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #3795 on: February 26, 2011, 04:31:53 PM »

the mods is pretty chill.

meh mods is a pretty cool guy.

dude, it's been three hours, and i finally just got it.

kudos

but yeah, dream theater is rad, even with mangini.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline jmbeat

« Reply #3796 on: February 26, 2011, 04:35:23 PM »
He does follow all three members that are on twitter
"So just shut your face and take a seat because after all you're just talking meat.....and music?  Well that's just entertainment folks.---Devin Townsend

"I'm not drinking until Saturday"---My Wife;)

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #3797 on: February 26, 2011, 05:49:51 PM »
He does follow all three members that are on twitter

So do I.  :hat

Offline Major Thirteenth

• He has his father's eyes... Gomez, take those out of his mouth.
« Reply #3798 on: February 26, 2011, 06:13:03 PM »
Wtf. Yes technically we CAN ban anyone for whatever reason we like, but we don't. He wasn't banned because of lack of evidence, and I have no idea why you think he was. Other people have made claims without proof and they've been shouted down by people but there's nothing against the rules about that so they haven't been banned.
Also, the legal fight is now "obvious"? I really have no idea what you're talking about.

Here is what got him banned:

ainamotore, if you have any actual evidence that what you are saying is true, I suggest you post it.  But stating your wild speculation as fact, and doing so in a way that is outright insulting to Mike Portnoy is against forum rules and is heading you toward a ban.

What I stated was fact. I will post no proof to back it up.

If that's no good, then I accept my ban and goodbye and good luck to all.

It was demanded of him to offer proof, and he refused, which was understandable if he was inside. So that is why he was banned, for not offering proof. You can't ask an insider for proof or he might get in trouble with others on the inside. Similar to a reporter not revealing his sources. I think his tone was that of a strident know-it-all, but if I had someone like this around, I'd enjoy the inside info and just let him stay. At least until the public record indicates that he was full of hot air or someone points out a factual  inconsistency. While anyone can claim to be inside, and be a liar, has it ever happened here? I think that argument is a straw man.

As to the obvious nature of the legal battle, Mike's YTSEJAMS posts SCREAM "behind the scenes conflict". A MILD reading between the lines yields clear indications of assertions related to who owns what and who is in possession of what etc. I don't think any other interpretation is as plausible as that of a huge behind-the-scenes legal battle. That's why I would have kept ainawhatever around. He was obviously enjoying slipping out the tidbits. Who knows how many more oblique postings would have resulted, allowing us to cleverly construct a foggy scenario of the machinations going on behind the backdrop...

Online Adami

« Reply #3799 on: February 26, 2011, 07:49:30 PM »
Mike simply stated that Ytsejam records is unlikely to continue in the same capacity, nothing hinting at a legal battle.

Also, reading between the lines by its very definition negates something being obvious.

I really don't believe it's a big deal.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline phentalmyst

« Reply #3800 on: February 26, 2011, 09:16:40 PM »
maybe major thirteenth is actually in the know, but because of how ainininintiemaore was treated, he isn't going down the road of presenting his case as absolute fact.

and just because what's his name didn't prove he's JP's long lost pet's former dietitian, it by no means proves he isn't.

either way, this whole prove yourself or otherwise you'll full of BS is BS in itself.

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #3801 on: February 26, 2011, 09:30:17 PM »
maybe major thirteenth is actually in the know, but because of how ainininintiemaore was treated, he isn't going down the road of presenting his case as absolute fact.

and just because what's his name didn't prove he's JP's long lost pet's former dietitian, it by no means proves he isn't.

either way, this whole prove yourself or otherwise you'll full of BS is BS in itself.

I'm the pope.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #3802 on: February 26, 2011, 09:32:20 PM »

Yeah, people should be able to say what they want. Then people can believe them or not and leave it at that.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3803 on: February 26, 2011, 09:38:41 PM »

Yeah, people should be able to say what they want. Then people can believe them or not and leave it at that.

Or if you know that, without proof, don't say that you know something.  If there is a precedence where you are told how to post, why push it?

The band will post who the drummer is when they can.  I'm as anxious as all of you.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
« Reply #3804 on: February 26, 2011, 11:01:05 PM »
So, I was just reading the forum over at JP.com and one of the posters over there, MADSMAN, who has been a regular for years, ran into Jordan at NAMM and he posted a conversation he had with Jordan:

Me: "how much alcohol do we have to get you to drink, before you will tell us who the new drummer is."
Jordan, with a totally straight face: "There is no amount of alcohol. You can not get me to tell."
Me: "How about I start naming drummers, and see if you give up any tells?"
Jordan, stone face "You will never be able to read me. I will deny any drummer."
Me: "Marco Minnemann."
Jordan, no change in expression: "I love Marco Minnemann. He is not the drummer."
Me: "I know it's not Virgil."
Jordan: "It is not Virgil."
Me: "Mike Mangini."
Jordan: "It is not Mike Mangini."

Me: "This isn't working. Enjoy your evening."

I have been reading JP's forum for over a decade and Madsman is a regular clinician at Paul Warren's (JP's webmaster) music school in North (or South?) Carolina.  When he says he ran into Jordan, he's telling the truth.  Which means "dreamsforever," as I knew 100%, was full of shit. 

thread (page 11) :

https://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72537&page=11
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Online Adami

« Reply #3805 on: February 26, 2011, 11:03:26 PM »
Even though I also believe Mangini is out of the race, Jordan did say (in that little dialogue) that he would deny any drummer. I don't think it matters if it's the right one or not.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3806 on: February 26, 2011, 11:04:06 PM »
Yeah. That really doesn't mean anything.  :lol
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline dongringo

« Reply #3807 on: February 26, 2011, 11:05:22 PM »
That's no more proof than what dreamsforever offered.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3808 on: February 26, 2011, 11:06:52 PM »
On that matter, it seems JR is really into Marco Minnemann. I've heard nothing but praise coming from Jordan, which is definitely a cool thing. I can totally see the guys discussing the drummer after the auditions and JR cheering for Minnemann.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3809 on: February 26, 2011, 11:22:02 PM »

Here is what got him banned:

ainamotore, if you have any actual evidence that what you are saying is true, I suggest you post it.  But stating your wild speculation as fact, and doing so in a way that is outright insulting to Mike Portnoy is against forum rules and is heading you toward a ban.

What I stated was fact. I will post no proof to back it up.

If that's no good, then I accept my ban and goodbye and good luck to all.

It was demanded of him to offer proof, and he refused, which was understandable if he was inside. So that is why he was banned, for not offering proof. You can't ask an insider for proof or he might get in trouble with others on the inside. Similar to a reporter not revealing his sources. I think his tone was that of a strident know-it-all, but if I had someone like this around, I'd enjoy the inside info and just let him stay. At least until the public record indicates that he was full of hot air or someone points out a factual  inconsistency. While anyone can claim to be inside, and be a liar, has it ever happened here? I think that argument is a straw man.

As to the obvious nature of the legal battle, Mike's YTSEJAMS posts SCREAM "behind the scenes conflict". A MILD reading between the lines yields clear indications of assertions related to who owns what and who is in possession of what etc. I don't think any other interpretation is as plausible as that of a huge behind-the-scenes legal battle. That's why I would have kept ainawhatever around. He was obviously enjoying slipping out the tidbits. Who knows how many more oblique postings would have resulted, allowing us to cleverly construct a foggy scenario of the machinations going on behind the backdrop...

Yeah, and you might want to go back and post the rest of the conversation.  He was warned for flaming Mike, and after being warned, basically said "F-you.  Ban me then." 

But as far as him being "in the know," I can tell you for certain that whether he was in the know or not, he definitely was not who he said he was.  I checked, which isn't hard for me to do.  What I can't figure out is why you'd go to such great lengths to defend a liar who wasn't even around here long enough to make the kind of friends that would stand up for him.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Major Thirteenth

• He has his father's eyes... Gomez, take those out of his mouth.
« Reply #3810 on: February 26, 2011, 11:50:30 PM »
Yeah, and you might want to go back and post the rest of the conversation.  He was warned for flaming Mike, and after being warned, basically said "F-you.  Ban me then." 

But as far as him being "in the know," I can tell you for certain that whether he was in the know or not, he definitely was not who he said he was.  I checked, which isn't hard for me to do.  What I can't figure out is why you'd go to such great lengths to defend a liar who wasn't even around here long enough to make the kind of friends that would stand up for him.

Somebody else brought it up, it just piqued my curiosity so I researched the exchange. He was banned within a post or two right after he said he would not offer proof. I guess you are interpreting the statement "I will offer no proof, if that's no good, then I accept my ban", as a functional "F-you".

Anyways, ancient history by now, no point in belaboring it. He's gone and forgotten. If he was right, we will all know in due time. But it does seem to be going that way, and if a lawsuit is eventually required to allocate the rights and trademark equities, it will all eventually become quite public. I heard some fascinating and borderline horrifying scuttlebut from Jordan's evening a few weeks ago, but I don't want to relate it as it might be similarly misinterpreted, but it all points to some serious conflict. The likes of which makes me believe that ainawhatever was in fact privy to inside information. Unlike others who claim to be pure, I dig the intrigue and the suspense. Unlike jazz and classical, in rock it's NOT all about the music, the personalities are part of the game, and the interactions between them are fascinating. Sometimes in a "train wreck" sense, but whatever...

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3811 on: February 26, 2011, 11:55:10 PM »
All I'll add on the subject is just to point out that a lot of what gets people into trouble isn't what they say, but how they say it. 

And as far as him having inside info, he may very well be close to the band in some sense and be privy to information.  But he definitely wasn't who he said he was, that I can tell you.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline dongringo

« Reply #3812 on: February 27, 2011, 12:39:15 AM »
All I'll add on the subject is just to point out that a lot of what gets people into trouble isn't what they say, but how they say it. 

And as far as him having inside info, he may very well be close to the band in some sense and be privy to information.  But he definitely wasn't who he said he was, that I can tell you.

Who exactly did he say he was? And how did it turn out he wasn't who he said he was? Curious.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline robwebster

« Reply #3813 on: February 27, 2011, 05:34:20 AM »
So, I was just reading the forum over at JP.com and one of the posters over there, MADSMAN, who has been a regular for years, ran into Jordan at NAMM and he posted a conversation he had with Jordan:

Me: "how much alcohol do we have to get you to drink, before you will tell us who the new drummer is."
Jordan, with a totally straight face: "There is no amount of alcohol. You can not get me to tell."
Jordan, stone face "You will never be able to read me. I will deny any drummer."
Jordan, no change in expression: "I love Marco Minnemann. He is not the drummer."

I have been reading JP's forum for over a decade and Madsman is a regular clinician at Paul Warren's (JP's webmaster) music school in North (or South?) Carolina.  When he says he ran into Jordan, he's telling the truth.  Which means "dreamsforever," as I knew 100%, was full of shit. 

thread (page 11) :

"I will deny any drummer." As in, regardless of whether it's accurate. That was clearly the entire point of that conversation.

This is a very weird vendetta.

Offline majo

« Reply #3814 on: February 27, 2011, 05:56:25 AM »

thread (page 11) :

except you apparently forgot the  "You will never be able to read me. I will deny any drummer." part  ;)
Life's too short to remove USB safely.