23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1058788 times)

Offline Bone_Daddy

Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #3745 on: February 25, 2011, 09:52:06 AM »

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3746 on: February 25, 2011, 10:37:11 AM »
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline Sparta-ll

« Reply #3747 on: February 25, 2011, 11:08:52 AM »
Could we have name issues...

Black Sabbath ----> Heaven & Hell

Dream Theater -----> Images & Words (not bad by the way  ;) )

https://www.trademarkia.com/dream-theater-85200399.html

Dream Theater trademark status: NEW APPLICATION - RECORD INITIALIZED NOT ASSIGNED TO EXAMINER

Filing date:    12/17/2010

And after quick googling...---->

What does "New Application: Record Initialized Not Assigned to an Examiner" mean?
The United States Patent and Trademark Office, may take about a year to fully register a trademark, during which time the trademark application goes through a series of steps, and this status informs the applicant of the first step.

If someone knows more of that, please tell...

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #3748 on: February 25, 2011, 11:10:02 AM »
Wow

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #3749 on: February 25, 2011, 11:15:16 AM »
The description provided to the USPTO for DREAM THEATER is T-shirts; Shirts; Sweatshirts; Jackets; Headwear.

That's what it says on that site.

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #3750 on: February 25, 2011, 11:24:20 AM »
There are currently two live registered trademarks for Dream Theater, both registered to the same Incorporation. One was back in 1997.

Here is the one in 1997: https://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4001:4ikr46.2.6

They are both registered by Ytse Jams, Inc.

It could be just a re-filing renewal for the other one on Dec 17, 2010. This one allows the to put their TM on merchandise. The one for 1997 is for live performances with the name Dream Theater.

Does anybody know who owns Ytse Jams, Inc.?

Offline DP_Gumby

• Wished I lived in any fantasy realm
« Reply #3751 on: February 25, 2011, 11:40:28 AM »
There are currently two live registered trademarks for Dream Theater, both registered to the same Incorporation. One was back in 1997.

Here is the one in 1997: https://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4001:4ikr46.2.6

They are both registered by Ytse Jams, Inc.

It could be just a re-filing renewal for the other one on Dec 17, 2010. This one allows the to put their TM on merchandise. The one for 1997 is for live performances with the name Dream Theater.

Does anybody know who owns Ytse Jams, Inc.?

Isn't Portnoy one of the owners of Ytse Jams Inc..  :-\ 
"This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy." - Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #3752 on: February 25, 2011, 12:18:11 PM »
Not sure what to make of this, could be everything or nothing, but it's certainly interesting.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline metalpete

« Reply #3753 on: February 25, 2011, 01:15:37 PM »
Mike is making it very very difficult. The difficulties are commensurate in magnitude with what you would expect from a personality who would expect 4 members of a working band to stop working while he takes a multi-year "break".

Think of outlaws holding up a stagecoach and you'll have some idea of what is going on.

I just can't accept this kind of statement without any further explanation. I mean what could Mike possibly want that's so bad? Royalties on the stuff he's already on? Sounds like he'd deserve that anyway.

What could he want that's so bad? Just for starters, and I do mean starters, think Jefferson Airplane/Jefferson Starship/Starship.

maybe this guy was ringht after all!! But it seems that every guy that actually may know something is chased away from this forum. Pointless speculation from people that knows nothing is ok though. :-\

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3754 on: February 25, 2011, 01:19:05 PM »
He wasn't "chased away" from the forum.  He was banned for being a jerk.  And, for the record, he was also lying about who he is.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Knguro

« Reply #3755 on: February 25, 2011, 02:09:12 PM »
He wasn't "chased away" from the forum.  He was banned for being a jerk.  And, for the record, he was also lying about who he is.

Wow Hahahaha Its funny how A LOT of people belived him!
...Here before me is my soul, I'm learning to live...
And your English is just fine. :tup

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #3756 on: February 25, 2011, 04:28:34 PM »
For the record, that trademark issue is only with regard to merchandise, to be specific "T-shirts; Shirts; Sweatshirts; Jackets; Headwear."
The Dream Theater trademark for "entertainment, namely, live performances by a musical band" is still active. Maybe the merchandise also includes the Ytse Jam releases, but I doubt it's an issue with MP trying to keep the band name, as some seem to be insinuating.

Offline Merlin Coryell

« Reply #3757 on: February 25, 2011, 04:29:40 PM »
Not giving any credit to the argument or rumors, but did anyone else notice a temp change to Mangini's wiki page on Feb 23 that said he had been "officially" announced as drummer? It was removed by early afternoon and obviously wasn't official, but did anyone else catch it?

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #3758 on: February 25, 2011, 04:59:56 PM »
Not giving any credit to the argument or rumors, but did anyone else notice a temp change to Mangini's wiki page on Feb 23 that said he had been "officially" announced as drummer? It was removed by early afternoon and obviously wasn't official, but did anyone else catch it?
Yeah but pretty much every one of the potential candidates (and non-candidates) have had their Wiki pages edited to say they were the new drummer over the last 4 months or so. Remember, there's a reason WIkipedia is free.

Offline TheKillingHand

« Reply #3759 on: February 25, 2011, 05:17:18 PM »
 :lol

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #3760 on: February 25, 2011, 05:45:36 PM »
Exotic Dancer Myung obviously XP

'Cause, you know, I'd pay to see that. Not that I wouldn't already pay to see DT live, drummer or no drummer
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3761 on: February 25, 2011, 06:30:09 PM »

Wow Hahahaha Its funny how A LOT of people belived him!

People believed him?

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3762 on: February 25, 2011, 06:34:48 PM »
So ainamotore is aina-nomore?

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3763 on: February 25, 2011, 06:35:15 PM »
aina-nomoore

:neverusethis:
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3764 on: February 25, 2011, 07:41:04 PM »
And what's moore, he'll never be open again.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline robwebster

« Reply #3765 on: February 25, 2011, 07:52:43 PM »
Could we have name issues...

Black Sabbath ----> Heaven & Hell

Dream Theater -----> Images & Words (not bad by the way  ;) )

https://www.trademarkia.com/dream-theater-85200399.html

Dream Theater trademark status: NEW APPLICATION - RECORD INITIALIZED NOT ASSIGNED TO EXAMINER

Filing date:    12/17/2010

And after quick googling...---->

What does "New Application: Record Initialized Not Assigned to an Examiner" mean?
The United States Patent and Trademark Office, may take about a year to fully register a trademark, during which time the trademark application goes through a series of steps, and this status informs the applicant of the first step.

If someone knows more of that, please tell...

By the same token...

https://www.trademarkia.com/logo-85200418.html

Pow.

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #3766 on: February 25, 2011, 08:06:56 PM »
I wonder if Ytse Jams had to be dissolved and Petrucci had to reapply for those trademarks under a different incorporation. Ron Bienstock must be their lawyer.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3767 on: February 25, 2011, 08:13:09 PM »
And what's moore, he'll never be open again.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #3768 on: February 25, 2011, 09:04:12 PM »
Blabbermouth reports that Mangini is top rumored guy in 3, 2...

This is what I read:

https://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152336
They wrote that article in response to this one: https://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=151559 which they wrote a few days earlier. Neither cites any source whatsoever, so they could very well have invented both reports. The more I read that site the more I don't like it. It's just not good journalistically speaking.

The reason I said they would say Mangini is rumored is because we're talking about him in this thread right now just like we were talking about Minemann in the days leading up to the first article, hell, we could be the source.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #3769 on: February 25, 2011, 09:17:13 PM »
Jesus has 48 votes. I can see where Blabbermouth would use this thread as their source.  :lol
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #3770 on: February 26, 2011, 12:01:32 AM »
If they do, we'll know first.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline metalpete

« Reply #3771 on: February 26, 2011, 02:27:44 AM »

Well I don't care.................but it seems he maybe was on to something. Anyway, if I knew something this isn't the most welcoming enviroment to post it in.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3772 on: February 26, 2011, 03:40:07 AM »

Well I don't care.................but it seems he maybe was on to something. Anyway, if I knew something this isn't the most welcoming enviroment to post it in.

This has been explained numerous times now, but if a random person that nobody here knows starts posting about what they are "on to" without any evidence for what it is or how they know, then whether it's true or not they shouldn't be surprised if few people believe them. Because ANYONE could come on here and start posting like that.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3773 on: February 26, 2011, 03:47:18 AM »

This has been explained numerous times now, but if a random person that nobody here knows starts posting about what they are "on to" without any evidence for what it is or how they know, then whether it's true or not they shouldn't be surprised if few people believe them. Because ANYONE could come on here and start posting like that.
No shit.  What are you not getting about that?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3774 on: February 26, 2011, 04:52:06 AM »
I realy hate posting in this place that's very welcoming.  I hate the feeling of community. * sarcasm off*
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline FabiotheIguana

• While Living In Allegory...
« Reply #3775 on: February 26, 2011, 08:39:26 AM »
I do remember a time when I had first started on this forum. I thought everybody were assholes, and I hated it, but it was the most efficient and informative DT board (imo).

The n00bies have to just grow a pair, it's the way of life here. If you can survive, you can stay...
I can't imagine how amazing an experience [SCORE] must of been to see.
Remember the holocaust? Now picture the exact opposite

Cake > Pie

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #3776 on: February 26, 2011, 09:15:59 AM »
I do remember a time when I had first started on this forum. I thought everybody were assholes, and I hated it, but it was the most efficient and informative DT board (imo).

The n00bies have to just grow a pair, it's the way of life here. If you can survive, you can stay...

Let's create a song : "Let's tell the noobs to grow a pair of boobs" (it's better for the rhyme)""if they can't stand the calls, they can just grow balls"!

B.Lee

Not a very good piece of poetry, but it rhymes. :P :metal Btw, it's just in jest, I once was a noob too.
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #3777 on: February 26, 2011, 09:19:38 AM »
Sorry :2X post. I'm not such an egocentric as to quote myself. OOps!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:03:59 AM by Bertielee »
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #3778 on: February 26, 2011, 10:47:46 AM »
um wut
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline Major Thirteenth

• He has his father's eyes... Gomez, take those out of his mouth.
« Reply #3779 on: February 26, 2011, 01:07:15 PM »

I actually believe he was who he said he was. I also believe he was banned for refusing to provide proof of the fact that Mike and DT were in a legal fight over Dream Theater's name. Proof he could not possibly offer, especially if he was a family member. You couldn't expect him to violate confidences like that, and remain a viable family member and continue getting invited for Christmas LOL... Yet he did provide a glimpse into the interior. The facts appear to be gradually proving him right, the legal fight is now obvious and it is almost impossible to conceive that the band name is not in play. It has to be and why wouldn't it be? Along with everything else, as we are now beginning to see. It all comes out sooner or later doesn't it then? However I also see the mods not being able to accept him on his word. And the forum is private property so the mods can ban anyone they want and it's perfectly legit.