23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1059023 times)

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #3640 on: February 22, 2011, 10:53:07 PM »
Yeah, Mangini's a great drummer as well. It's just that, judging from the videos I've seen of both (Minnemann and Mangini), Mangini seems to be very focused in making weird polyrhythms and demostrating independence and such things, while Minnemann is incredibly musical and fun to listen to while being technical and overall amazing.

I hope to be wrong about Mangini though, I just need an incredible drum performance to keep my mouth shut about him.  :D
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #3641 on: February 23, 2011, 12:14:54 AM »
One thing that seems a bit off for me in this whole scenario is that James said once they announce the drummer they will also tell us the reasons why they have been waiting for so long. If the Minneman thing is true, I doubt they would come out and say "we wanted Minneman but he turned us down so we had to wait for Mangini". Of course, they could just ommit the Minneman part and just say they had to wait for Mangini, but that wouldn't be something that "deep" as Jordan said.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #3642 on: February 23, 2011, 01:11:02 AM »
One thing that seems a bit off for me in this whole scenario is that James said once they announce the drummer they will also tell us the reasons why they have been waiting for so long. If the Minneman thing is true, I doubt they would come out and say "we wanted Minneman but he turned us down so we had to wait for Mangini". Of course, they could just ommit the Minneman part and just say they had to wait for Mangini, but that wouldn't be something that "deep" as Jordan said.

Plus, I still don't get the "extenuating circumstances". Yet, true or not, the Minnemann thing makes sense.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #3643 on: February 23, 2011, 01:45:37 AM »
Has anyone in this thread who's worried about Mangini listened to Elements of Persuasion?  Like I said however many dozens of pages ago, JLB, DS, and JR all vastly improved as musicians and creative forces after entering DT.  Mangini has potentially so much ability that hasn't been unlocked yet.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline majo

« Reply #3644 on: February 23, 2011, 03:46:01 AM »
 :corn
Life's too short to remove USB safely.

Offline Bill Carson

« Reply #3645 on: February 23, 2011, 03:56:18 AM »
So I take it that the band that Marco has decided to join instead is Psyaxis ?
We know that he is/was recording drums for their debut album.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #3646 on: February 23, 2011, 04:01:19 AM »
Has anyone in this thread who's worried about Mangini listened to Elements of Persuasion?  Like I said however many dozens of pages ago, JLB, DS, and JR all vastly improved as musicians and creative forces after entering DT.  Mangini has potentially so much ability that hasn't been unlocked yet.

Agreed. There is some tasteful drumming in there. A little like a jewel waiting to be polished. If it's Mike Mangini, I'm sure he will do really nice things with DT.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline TheKillingHand

« Reply #3647 on: February 23, 2011, 05:01:48 AM »
There's something about Mangini's stage presence that I think would fill the MP void the best from a live point of view. Plus I really like his playing. I think he'd fit in perfectly

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3648 on: February 23, 2011, 05:03:59 AM »
There's something about Mangini's stage presence that I think would fill the MP void the best from a live point of view. Plus I really like his playing. I think he'd fit in perfectly

I agree with this post!!  :tup
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline Stoneyman

« Reply #3649 on: February 23, 2011, 06:30:38 AM »
So maybe Marco said no to DT after they laid out the "Rules" for the band???  Wow

Maybe they said "No Side Projects" and told him that he must give Myung a daily foot massage (happy ending optional)?

I dont care what happened, joining a full time guaranteed gig would seem like a dream job.  Choosing to remain freelance and mercenary is a ballsy move by Marco, if it is true.

Man that is really messy if that is what went down.  I would imagine that he is on good terms if he ended up doing that gig with Jordan.  Mangini being the next best thing sounds funny too.

What a clusterfock!!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3650 on: February 23, 2011, 06:51:57 AM »
So maybe Marco said no to DT after they laid out the "Rules" for the band???  Wow

Maybe they said "No Side Projects" and told him that he must give Myung a daily foot massage (happy ending optional)?

I dont care what happened, joining a full time guaranteed gig would seem like a dream job.  Choosing to remain freelance and mercenary is a ballsy move by Marco, if it is true.

Man that is really messy if that is what went down.  I would imagine that he is on good terms if he ended up doing that gig with Jordan.  Mangini being the next best thing sounds funny too.

What a clusterfock!!

Stoney, where did you read about the restrictions the band laid out?  Asoo I love your Avitar. NEEEEEERDS!!!!!!! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #3651 on: February 23, 2011, 06:57:09 AM »
I'm not sure about naked man, but the idea that DT wanted Marco, but he turned them down so they then had to wait for Mangini to finish up doing his other studio work seems plausible enough to me.

This is basically it. You guys don't have to believe me.. I can't cite where I got this info because I was told by these people that it is supposed to be secret. I just wanted to help clarify SOME of the questions with whatever insight I have.

Assuming we believe you have insight. I'm not convinced

Offline Mladen

« Reply #3652 on: February 23, 2011, 07:04:44 AM »
I'm not sure about naked man, but the idea that DT wanted Marco, but he turned them down so they then had to wait for Mangini to finish up doing his other studio work seems plausible enough to me.
This brings an odd question - why in the world would he even audition if he didn't want to be in the band?

Offline Jalis

• ... I play bass... 4-string bass...
« Reply #3653 on: February 23, 2011, 07:12:24 AM »
This brings an odd question - why in the world would he even audition if he didn't want to be in the band?

Maybe Petrucci Forced...

"U WILL AUDITION FOR MY BAND!" *said in a jedi-mindtrick way"
I almost play like JMX

Offline emtee

« Reply #3654 on: February 23, 2011, 07:23:43 AM »
I've been wondering for a long time if the first choice fell through. Posted such on another site weeks ago. It would explain a lot of
things. Who knows what conditions were offered by DT. Could have been MANY things such as compensation, to something as
big as "hey, we only want you to do this for 1 album and tour cycle and then we will go from there and see how things shake out"
sort of thing. Or clauses that just weren't in the best interest of the new guy. Who knows. Total speculation.

I don't think we will ever know the whole story though unless people are free to talk after the process is over.

Offline Stoneyman

« Reply #3655 on: February 23, 2011, 07:29:48 AM »

What a clusterfock!!

Stoney, where did you read about the restrictions the band laid out?  Asoo I love your Avitar. NEEEEEERDS!!!!!!! :lol

I dont know what "rules" or stipulations, I am just speculating based on what JP had said a while back about not letting your drummer play in other bands, etc.

As others have said above, a lot of stipulations would have to agreed to by the new guy.  maybe Marco didnt want to be restricted by rules or maybe the situation didnt appear to be as "permanent" as DT has let on.

If Marco did say NO, then he has a huge set of balls.  Good for him if it didnt seem right.

IMO DT having to accept their second choice is like a sister kiss.  Kinda lessens the vibe.

Offline phentalmyst

« Reply #3656 on: February 23, 2011, 07:39:16 AM »
I doubt they would come out and say "we wanted Minneman but he turned us down so we had to wait for Mangini".

why? JR originally turned them down, so they went with DS. they've always been open about that.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3657 on: February 23, 2011, 07:40:46 AM »
I doubt they would come out and say "we wanted Minneman but he turned us down so we had to wait for Mangini".

why? JR originally turned them down, so they went with DS. they've always been open about that.
Were they open about it before JR eventually joined the band a few years later?

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #3658 on: February 23, 2011, 07:41:19 AM »
Speculation is fun :lol

My cousin's cousin's boyfriend's sister's father is playing Guitar with Marco and they all have gas.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #3659 on: February 23, 2011, 07:44:32 AM »

Well, he made a gig with them at Foundation's Forum. It's up on YouTube if you want, JR looks like James Hetfield there. :lol
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3660 on: February 23, 2011, 08:03:29 AM »

This is basically it. You guys don't have to believe me.. I can't cite where I got this info because I was told by these people that it is supposed to be secret. I just wanted to help clarify SOME of the questions with whatever insight I have.

If you can't cite your source because it is supposed to be a secret, then you shouldn't even be saying you have information.  Seems like a bid to get some attention to me.   But I know if I were your source and you were publicly hinting about things even without saying them, I probably wouldn't be too happy and wouldn't be inclined to trust you in the future.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3661 on: February 23, 2011, 08:11:10 AM »
If you can't cite your source because it is supposed to be a secret, then you shouldn't even be saying you have information.  Seems like a bid to get some attention to me.   But I know if I were your source and you were publicly hinting about things even without saying them, I probably wouldn't be too happy and wouldn't be inclined to trust you in the future.

This.

Plus

that Marco is planning on joining my friend's band

A very special "someone" is playing in my old band

At first he was playing for sure, than he's thinking about. Maybe tomorrow he'll be looking for someone to play with that have something to do with you.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3662 on: February 23, 2011, 08:12:37 AM »
Yeah, I dislike blabbermouths.

For example, awhile ago I heard this story: This guy was dating this girl, but he had some problems with gambling. Eventually the girl got fed up and left him, but here's the kicker-- she left him for his brother! The thing is, she confided in way too many people, word got around to her original guy, and he shot her and his brother point blank.

So it just goes to show you, be careful with your secrets.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #3663 on: February 23, 2011, 08:14:48 AM »
If you can't cite your source because it is supposed to be a secret, then you shouldn't even be saying you have information.  Seems like a bid to get some attention to me.   But I know if I were your source and you were publicly hinting about things even without saying them, I probably wouldn't be too happy and wouldn't be inclined to trust you in the future.

This.

Plus

that Marco is planning on joining my friend's band

A very special "someone" is playing in my old band

At first he was playing for sure, than he's thinking about. Maybe tomorrow he'll be looking for someone to play with that have something to do with you.

"Joining" and "playing with" are two different things. Just sayin.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 08:25:00 AM by dongringo »
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline DeanTheater

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We'll do it Live! ....^&*%! We'll Do It Live!!
« Reply #3664 on: February 23, 2011, 08:39:04 AM »

Maybe Petrucci Forced...

"U WILL AUDITION FOR MY BAND!" *said in a jedi-mindtrick way"

With a distinct Bear growl.   >:(

Offline nakedman

• I will choose free will.
  • "Bitch I look like Goku" - Soulja Boi
« Reply #3665 on: February 23, 2011, 08:44:24 AM »
Bid to get attention? From an internet forum? What good would that do for me?  I was just trying to display what I could, because I was reading a lot of stuff about the label being the reason. I guess I shouldn't of even spoken up about it in the first place, you're right. We will all see in due time what is really going on with the band! Also, it might be a good idea to not treat people so poorly on this forum, esp to people who mean no harm  :).
Goin to the lite until we meet again<br />Thats what the Korinians say again and again..<br />Light years and light years..<br />don\'t wanna shed more tears..

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3666 on: February 23, 2011, 09:25:51 AM »

For example, awhile ago I heard this story: This guy was dating this girl, but he had some problems with gambling. Eventually the girl got fed up and left him, but here's the kicker-- she left him for his brother! The thing is, she confided in way too many people, word got around to her original guy, and he shot her and his brother point blank.

Why has nobody else applauded this yet? :lol

:clap:

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3667 on: February 23, 2011, 09:36:13 AM »
Bid to get attention? From an internet forum? What good would that do for me?  I was just trying to display what I could, because I was reading a lot of stuff about the label being the reason. I guess I shouldn't of even spoken up about it in the first place, you're right. We will all see in due time what is really going on with the band! Also, it might be a good idea to not treat people so poorly on this forum, esp to people who mean no harm  :).
With all due respect, he didn't treat you poorly.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #3668 on: February 23, 2011, 09:40:12 AM »

Why has nobody else applauded this yet? :lol

:clap:

What?

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #3669 on: February 23, 2011, 09:56:53 AM »
With all due respect, he didn't treat you poorly.

^This. He didn't treat you poorly.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #3670 on: February 23, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »

In that case, that's different : JR evetually joined DT as everybody in the band wished. So, it was hard to say anything on the matter. Now, If Minnemann's turned them down, he will NEVER be a part of DT : don't see why they wouldn't say openly the guy's finally refused to be in the band. Yet, as many have said, if the guy chose to audition and finally let them down...WOW!!!

B.Lee

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3671 on: February 23, 2011, 10:22:04 AM »
Yet, as many have said, if the guy chose to audition and finally let them down...WOW!!!

IF that happened (which is a big "if" since we have heard nothing difinitive or concrete from a credible source), it's actually not as big a deal as some make it out to be.  Think about it from his perspective.  If he's in a situation where it might work out, but he has other things brewing that might ultimately conflict, what should he do?  The availability to audition for DT is a very limited window of time that likely will never come again.  What if he passed it up, banking on whatever else he has lined up, and then that falls through and he missed his chance with DT?  Safest thing would be to audition and see where it goes.  This happens in other fields as well where people interview for jobs, are offered the job, but then don't take it because something else they had in the works ultimately comes through.  Yeah, sometimes people get miffed over stuff like that, but most understand that that's just the way it works sometimes, and the interviewee has to do what he/she deems the best fit for him/her.  No big deal.

Come to think of it, I had a sort of similar situation when I applied to law school.  I had been accepted by a few schools.  I was planning on going to a particular school here in N. Cal. with a very good reputation that had accepted me and had gone above-and-beyond in terms of reaching out on a personal level to express their interest.  They accepted.  I indicated that I would likely accept, but was waiting for a last few details to crystalize.  And then, out of the blue, another school made me an "offer I couldn't refuse," so I went there instead.  It happens.

While a lot of people would see playing for DT as the opportunity of a lifetime, if there is something else that is a better fit for Minnemann (or anyone else, for that matter), I couldn't blame him at all for making the choice that best suits him.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #3672 on: February 23, 2011, 10:26:42 AM »
Yet, as many have said, if the guy chose to audition and finally let them down...WOW!!!

IF that happened (which is a big "if" since we have heard nothing difinitive or concrete from a credible source), it's actually not as big a deal as some make it out to be.  Think about it from his perspective.  If he's in a situation where it might work out, but he has other things brewing that might ultimately conflict, what should he do?  The availability to audition for DT is a very limited window of time that likely will never come again.  What if he passed it up, banking on whatever else he has lined up, and then that falls through and he missed his chance with DT?  Safest thing would be to audition and see where it goes.  This happens in other fields as well where people interview for jobs, are offered the job, but then don't take it because something else they had in the works ultimately comes through.  Yeah, sometimes people get miffed over stuff like that, but most understand that that's just the way it works sometimes, and the interviewee has to do what he/she deems the best fit for him/her.  No big deal.

Come to think of it, I had a sort of similar situation when I applied to law school.  I had been accepted by a few schools.  I was planning on going to a particular school here in N. Cal. with a very good reputation that had accepted me and had gone above-and-beyond in terms of reaching out on a personal level to express their interest.  They accepted.  I indicated that I would likely accept, but was waiting for a last few details to crystalize.  And then, out of the blue, another school made me an "offer I couldn't refuse," so I went there instead.  It happens.

No big deal, no big deal : he would be responsible for the delay in the announcement, the Minnemann. And that alone should be punished by being forced to play AC DC music for the rest of his life. What a challenge! ;D

B.Lee

Offline Bone_Daddy

« Reply #3673 on: February 23, 2011, 10:29:06 AM »

I heard it too! Scenes From a Memory?  :metal

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #3674 on: February 23, 2011, 11:00:36 AM »
generally, ...boyfriend's sister's father = ...boyfriend's father.