23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1059143 times)

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #3605 on: February 22, 2011, 04:07:10 PM »
What are you talking about?

Offline commanderbob

« Reply #3606 on: February 22, 2011, 04:12:11 PM »
I can almost 100% guarantee that it has more to do with inner conflict. I can't discuss exactly what is going on, but I have seen proof of this. 

What are you talking about?

I can almost 100% guarantee that it has more to do with inner conflict. I can't discuss exactly what is going on, but I have seen proof of this.

Couldn't resist....... ;D

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #3607 on: February 22, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »
*spits on you*

Where is this inner conflict? Between who?

Offline commanderbob

« Reply #3608 on: February 22, 2011, 04:17:50 PM »
*spits on you*

Where is this inner conflict? Between who?

*hocks a loogie on you*

Between you and Naked apparently.  He has precognition.  ;D

Offline lithium112

« Reply #3609 on: February 22, 2011, 04:22:30 PM »
"I can almost 100% guarantee" == "I have no fucking clue"

Offline commanderbob

« Reply #3610 on: February 22, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
"I can almost 100% guarantee" == "I have no fucking clue"

I can almost 100% guarantee that your right.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3611 on: February 22, 2011, 04:26:09 PM »

You're not the only one that has gone out to drink with JLB.  :hat

:millahhhh

Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline nakedman

• I will choose free will.
  • "Bitch I look like Goku" - Soulja Boi
« Reply #3612 on: February 22, 2011, 08:43:38 PM »
Alright, I wasn't trying to be a dick about it. A very special "someone" is playing in my old band, that is how i gained this knowledge. I just don't think the label should be blamed for the wait. You don't have to believe me, was just trying to give you guys some insight.
Goin to the lite until we meet again<br />Thats what the Korinians say again and again..<br />Light years and light years..<br />don\'t wanna shed more tears..

Offline Ħ

« Reply #3613 on: February 22, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
Alright, I wasn't trying to be a dick about it. A very special "someone" is playing in my old band, that is how i gained this knowledge. I just don't think the label should be blamed for the wait. You don't have to believe me, was just trying to give you guys some insight.
If you tell us the name of your old band and the very special "someone," we'd be more inclined to believe you.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #3614 on: February 22, 2011, 08:47:34 PM »
I can almost 100% guarantee that it has more to do with inner conflict turbulence. I can't discuss exactly what is going on, but I have seen proof of this. 

FTFY

:neverusethis:
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline dongringo

« Reply #3615 on: February 22, 2011, 08:51:10 PM »

Inner conflict as in they think they may have made a mistake?

Inner conflict as in all the band members aren't on the same page as far as their choice is concerned and are now squabbling about it?

Inner conflict as in the new guy wants more money than they are willing to pay him?

Inner conflict as in Portnoy's departure has caused some legal proceedings not label related?

Inner conflict as in......?
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3616 on: February 22, 2011, 08:54:57 PM »
Inner conflict as if they have gases.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline dongringo

« Reply #3617 on: February 22, 2011, 09:10:05 PM »
Inner conflict as if they have gases.

guesses? or gas? lol

Anyway, JLB did say that the wait will have been worth it and understood. So I'm not too concerned about it.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #3618 on: February 22, 2011, 09:37:02 PM »
Gas can be pretty suck. I get it almost nightly. Might be from all the living off Chinese food in the studio.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #3619 on: February 22, 2011, 09:43:24 PM »
Ha! Order a pizza every once in a while. What's the matter with you?  :lol
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #3620 on: February 22, 2011, 10:02:56 PM »

I believe what you say

Seriously. Name your source. For the love of god it's not hard. And somebody MIGHT take you seriously

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #3621 on: February 22, 2011, 10:07:21 PM »
Gas can be pretty suck. I get it almost nightly. Might be from all the living off Chinese food in the studio.

Chinese food delivered by... Mike Portnoy.

Seriously nakedman just say what is happening. I don't even get why you would say something is happening and than go "Oh guys, I can't say what's happening, I just can't say" If you can't expand on your source and what is happening, than why post at all. You could have kept it to yourself. JUST NAME YOUR SOURCE AND EXPLAIN WHAT IS HAPPENING! IT'S NOT THAT HARD! (these aren't angry caps and !'s)
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3622 on: February 22, 2011, 10:09:26 PM »
I'm not sure about naked man, but the idea that DT wanted Marco, but he turned them down so they then had to wait for Mangini to finish up doing his other studio work seems plausible enough to me.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #3623 on: February 22, 2011, 10:10:15 PM »
I guess I don't get why Minnemann would audition if he would just turn it down...
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline nakedman

« Reply #3624 on: February 22, 2011, 10:19:39 PM »
I'm not sure about naked man, but the idea that DT wanted Marco, but he turned them down so they then had to wait for Mangini to finish up doing his other studio work seems plausible enough to me.

This is basically it. You guys don't have to believe me.. I can't cite where I got this info because I was told by these people that it is supposed to be secret. I just wanted to help clarify SOME of the questions with whatever insight I have.
Goin to the lite until we meet again<br />Thats what the Korinians say again and again..<br />Light years and light years..<br />don\'t wanna shed more tears..

Offline Ħ

« Reply #3625 on: February 22, 2011, 10:22:27 PM »
Could you PM us?  :biggrin:
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline dongringo

« Reply #3626 on: February 22, 2011, 10:22:58 PM »
I guess I don't get why Minnemann would audition if he would just turn it down...

You just beat me to it. That's the thing with nakedman's guitar player source that I don't understand. That and the fact that nakedman said that he didn't fully believe his guitar player source when he told him that.

@ nakedman - Is your current source of info the same guitar player who you didn't believe before?

Thanks,

John
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3627 on: February 22, 2011, 10:23:45 PM »

This.

Although, whether that's true or not, it kinda makes sense. Maybe the "delay" is matter of the drummers who auditioned and not a legal/personal/any other type of problem speculated here problem.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline dongringo

« Reply #3628 on: February 22, 2011, 10:25:36 PM »
So gas isn't the cause then?
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline Ħ

« Reply #3629 on: February 22, 2011, 10:27:00 PM »
The fact that James says "all will be understood" tells me that it might not be a legal issue.  I seriously doubt they will couple the drummer announcement with a negative legalistic reason.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3630 on: February 22, 2011, 10:27:22 PM »
Yes. Starbucks 'causes gases, so it's evident they all have a severe case of gas.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline nakedman

« Reply #3631 on: February 22, 2011, 10:28:40 PM »
Yes, it is the same source. The difference now is, that Marco is planning on joining my friend's band. I used to play drums for this band, and have been close friends with the guitarist for years. The whole audition thing doesn't make sense to me either, but I guess it could have something to do with some stipulations the band made after he made it.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #3632 on: February 22, 2011, 10:29:59 PM »
Oh ok, thank you sir.

Edit: It's making more sense now.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3633 on: February 22, 2011, 10:31:32 PM »
That doesn't make much sense (The Marco joining yer old band thing). I mean, I don't mean to disrespect your old band or anything, but I seriously doubt it is a band with the name and fame of Dream Theater.  :lol As a musician myself, being presented with the opportunity of joining a world-class act or the opportunity to join a lesser band, the choice would be quite obvious.

I'm just bringing your situation up, which I think it's kinda interesting to discuss.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #3634 on: February 22, 2011, 10:36:02 PM »
This whole thing is very intriguing. James keeps telling us all will be understood, so things are a little bit weirder than even they expected. The fact too, with them saying this, they've wanted to tell us who the drummer is a long time ago, but things are holding them up. It makes me gain more respect for the situation.

Also, I guess it will be interesting to see what exactly is holding it up. I also wonder how things would have went down under a different record label. That plays out in my mind a few times.
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline nakedman

« Reply #3635 on: February 22, 2011, 10:38:20 PM »
You know, it confuses me as well. I quit the band to study film scoring at Berklee, but I would never pass up DT, even if it meant ruining my education. All I know is that I have heard his tracks, and him and the guitarist hit it off on a personal level. The band is actually quite small, but have quite a bit of commercial potential.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #3636 on: February 22, 2011, 10:41:34 PM »
I just really wanted Minnemann's splash cymbals... they sounded so cool.   :sadpanda:
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3637 on: February 22, 2011, 10:42:27 PM »
I just really want Minnemann... he sounds so cool  :sadpanda:
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3638 on: February 22, 2011, 10:44:45 PM »
I don't know. Mangini seems like a cool guy. I'll bet he'll hit it off great with the rest of the guys. And while Mangini's been successful as a solo artist, I know he's always wanted to end things in a band environment.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #3639 on: February 22, 2011, 10:50:57 PM »
I don't know. Mangini seems like a cool guy. I'll bet he'll hit it off great with the rest of the guys. And while Mangini's been successful as a solo artist, I know he's always wanted to end things in a band environment.

Totally. Plus if he quit teaching at Berklee to join DT, you know he's serious about it.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )