23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1058963 times)

Offline dreamsforever

Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #3500 on: February 19, 2011, 08:59:07 PM »
I'm gonna throw something crazy out there.

Maybe it's possible that this dreamsforever guy is someone close to the band, and thus not able to reveal how or why he knows. 

Wow I think Perpetual Change may be on to something. Just saying. I took guitar lessons from John before I&W, BTW.

Oh and SnakeEyes, I love your comment about not having any credibility beacuse I only have 6 posts or whatever. So, if John Petrucci came onto the forum and didn't use his real name, but posted something about the band he would no credibility right? And I am not answering any of your questions. Why on earth would someone take pictures. I am not a stalker. I have already answered where. When, lets just say recently.

Can we now move on and get back to the music please. Discuss the drummer all you want

Offline Metabog

• Life Inhibitor
  • I like big biquads and I cannot lie.
« Reply #3501 on: February 19, 2011, 09:12:07 PM »
I'm gonna throw something crazy out there.

Maybe it's possible that this dreamsforever guy is someone close to the band, and thus not able to reveal how or why he knows.  

Wow I think Perpetual Change may be on to something. Just saying. I took guitar lessons from John before I&W, BTW.

Oh and SnakeEyes, I love your comment about not having any credibility beacuse I only have 6 posts or whatever. So, if John Petrucci came onto the forum and didn't use his real name, but posted something about the band he would no credibility right? And I am not answering any of your questions. Why on earth would someone take pictures. I am not a stalker. I have already answered where. When, lets just say recently.

Can we now move on and get back to the music please. Discuss the drummer all you want

Yes, he would not get any credibility with a different name and no evidence.   :-\   Show us credible evidence of some sort and we'll trust you, until then you could be JP himself, and we'd still rightfully disbelieve you.

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
« Reply #3502 on: February 19, 2011, 09:20:22 PM »
Oh and SnakeEyes, I love your comment about not having any credibility beacuse I only have 6 posts or whatever.

I never said you didn't have any credibility because you have a small number of posts.  I said that I didn't trust you when you started giving vague answers such as, "that's a tricky one" when someone asked you if you had seen Mangini and your low post count just made me trust you even less.  If you had come to this forum and said:  "I saw Mike Mangini at this place at this time on this day" and had the same post count, I wouldn't have said anything.  But, your whole demeanor was shady to begin with and you seemed like you were full of it.  Like other people have said, there has been a lot of that here, so you'll have to just understand that.  I shouldn't have behaved that way, though, so I'm sorry.  

And I am not answering any of your questions. Why on earth would someone take pictures. I am not a stalker.

Oh no?  Well, it's kind of funny that you refuse to answer my questions, which are perfectly reasonable, then go on to say this:

I have already answered where. When, lets just say recently.

Didn't you just say that you, "weren't going to answer any of my questions"?  This is exactly why I don't believe you.... because you seem to get irritated when you're confronted.  Oh, and then you say, "I'm not a stalker," as if people who want to actually see a picture of whoever the new drummer is are "stalkers."  Basically, you're coming to this forum, which you know is very excited about the new drummer and any information regarding that topic, and you proceed to say that people who would like to see pictures of this new drummer are stalkers.  That is very peculiar behavior to me.    

Oh, we will.  I didn't think we needed your permission.  
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #3503 on: February 19, 2011, 09:21:21 PM »
I'll believe you because I couldn't care less whether you're lying or not.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline SnakeEyes

« Reply #3504 on: February 19, 2011, 09:23:31 PM »
The only person that it could possibly be is Rich Brymer, who would know the drummer's identity, but I don't think Brymer would ever be the guy to leak the name because, according to him, he's really tight with Petrucci and he'd get his ass kicked. 
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline mittinagus

• Mexican Bad-ass...
  • Matando Güeros!
« Reply #3505 on: February 19, 2011, 09:35:21 PM »
@dreamsforever: i think some people don't want to believe you because if it is true the wishes of some of us and all speculations come to an end.

However i do think you are telling the truth and i don't like the drummer decision, hope he makes me change my mind about him...

Tin

Offline SnakeEyes

« Reply #3506 on: February 19, 2011, 09:42:36 PM »
That's not true at all.  ^ 

Since I have been giving him the hardest time, I'll reply.  I personally don't even CARE who the new drummer is.  All the choices are amazing. 

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #3507 on: February 19, 2011, 09:45:09 PM »
Yeah, I trust that the guys have made the correct decision for them. After all, it's their music and their choice.

Offline mittinagus

• Mexican Bad-ass...
  • Matando Güeros!
« Reply #3508 on: February 19, 2011, 09:49:39 PM »
That's not true at all.  ^  

Since I have been giving him the hardest time, I'll reply.  I personally don't even CARE who the new drummer is.  All the choices are amazing.  

Just because you don't CARE who the new drummer is makes my statement not true...

peace
Tin

Offline dreamsforever

« Reply #3509 on: February 19, 2011, 09:52:59 PM »
As i told you before he wouldn't have been my first choice either. Listen I don't want to argue with anyone anymore. I simply came on here to post some information, but didn't expect to get barraged by snakeeyes or anyone else. I will simply state that I love dt and hope the new album is amazing. I am done trying to prove anything to anybody and when they do announce I will not come back to say I told you so. I will just cone back to discuss what I am hoping to be a great album.

Offline SnakeEyes

« Reply #3510 on: February 19, 2011, 09:56:14 PM »
"Done trying to prove anything."  You haven't TRIED to prove anything.  How can you be done trying to prove something that you never tried to prove in the first place?  All you have done is say, "I live 20 minutes away and Mike Mangini is the drummer."  Um, I'm sorry if I - and, obviously some other people, are skeptical of that!  :lol

Offline darkshot

« Reply #3511 on: February 19, 2011, 10:14:03 PM »
Guys, I work at the Starbucks that's 10 minutes from their studio and John Myung comes in every day.  He told me the drummer is actually Minneman, and is recording via satellite uplink so he doesn't have to enter the studio.

True story   :angel:

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #3512 on: February 19, 2011, 10:20:25 PM »
Guys, I work at the Starbucks that's 10 minutes from their studio and John Myung comes in every day.  He told me the drummer is actually Minneman, and is recording via satellite uplink so he doesn't have to enter the studio.

True story   :angel:

I work at a Starbucks like 6 hours away so I know you're telling the truth.

Offline SnakeEyes

« Reply #3513 on: February 19, 2011, 10:29:55 PM »
Okay, I hate to do this, but fine - I'll come clean.  

I'm really Mike Mangini's proctologist and he told me that he's definitely NOT the drummer.  Sorry.  

edit..

Oh, and he said that all these rumors are a total pain in the ass! 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3514 on: February 19, 2011, 10:40:05 PM »
Okay, I hate to do this, but fine - I'll come clean.  

I'm really Mike Mangini's proctologist 

We already knew this SnakeEyes from years of reading your posts.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #3515 on: February 19, 2011, 10:42:35 PM »
Although you haven't broken any rules since Hef warned you, I'm respectfully asking that you drop this SnakeEyes.

You've made your case, now let the n00b feel at least a bit welcomed instead of being in constant argument.

That's not true at all.  ^  

Since I have been giving him the hardest time, I'll reply.  I personally don't even CARE who the new drummer is.  All the choices are amazing.  

The poster said "some people", not "you", and I'm sure that some people who want it to be another drummer could very well be over-sensitive to something like this. This is just an example of you taking something personally that wasn't in order to further argue things that don't need to be argued.

In any case, welcome all n00bs, remain skeptical, but let's fight nice.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline SlitherX

« Reply #3516 on: February 19, 2011, 10:53:13 PM »
"Done trying to prove anything."  You haven't TRIED to prove anything.  How can you be done trying to prove something that you never tried to prove in the first place?  All you have done is say, "I live 20 minutes away and Mike Mangini is the drummer."  Um, I'm sorry if I - and, obviously some other people, are skeptical of that!  :lol

Leave the guy alone already!!

Even if he is bullshitting us, look at the last 100 pages.... its all skepticism, and, well fun bullshit..  And if hes being honest, well then yay, point for our side!

Just relax. We are all DT fans. Whats important is that we support the band and that the new album has the quality that we are all hoping for.

And yes, Long time lurker... you made me get off my lazy ass, and register. Thank you.

-Slith

Offline SnakeEyes

« Reply #3517 on: February 19, 2011, 11:03:12 PM »
Although you haven't broken any rules since Hef warned you, I'm respectfully asking that you drop this SnakeEyes.

Respectfully complying.  :)

Offline champbassist

« Reply #3518 on: February 19, 2011, 11:20:52 PM »
And yes, Long time lurker... you made me get off my lazy ass, and register. Thank you.

Same here  ;D

Offline SnakeEyes

« Reply #3519 on: February 19, 2011, 11:21:35 PM »
I'VE CAUSED THE FORUM TO GROW! 

Offline darkshade

« Reply #3520 on: February 20, 2011, 12:38:03 AM »
Breaking the ''no avatar'' combo.

sorry, i tried to upload one a couple months ago, it didnt work, and ive been too lazy to try again...  :-\

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #3521 on: February 20, 2011, 01:39:21 AM »
Mangini is a good drummer but I don't like his setup.

I still want Minnemann!

Kosmo

« Reply #3522 on: February 20, 2011, 01:40:34 AM »

sorry, i tried to upload one a couple months ago, it didnt work, and ive been too lazy to try again...  :-\
I forgive you.

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #3523 on: February 20, 2011, 01:43:44 AM »
Your post count is not in the 10,000 range, you have no basis to forgive anyone. You e-heathen.

Kosmo

« Reply #3524 on: February 20, 2011, 01:45:32 AM »
You bastard! You'll see, you'll all see, my post count will reach 10,000 one day and it shall be known as Groundhog Day!

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #3525 on: February 20, 2011, 01:47:03 AM »

Same for me here. I cannot for the life of me upload any avatar. And yet, it's a jpg with the right size.
On topic : well, if it's Mangini, I'm not as excited as with MM or TL, because i haven't seen anything from the guy that has impressed me. YET, I will wait to hear the new album and only judge by then. All I can say is that if JLB sings as he does on SI or on the new Eden's Curse, then, I will definitely have dirty underpants. Come on, Baby! :metal :metal

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline robwebster

« Reply #3526 on: February 20, 2011, 02:37:06 AM »
Yarg. Can't be the only one who reckons what dreamsforever's saying has a ring of truth to it?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3527 on: February 20, 2011, 02:42:51 AM »
Yarg. Can't be the only one who reckons what dreamsforever's saying has a ring of truth to it?

ITT I learn robwebster ignores all my posts  :(

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #3528 on: February 20, 2011, 03:05:45 AM »
I believe him too (and it's not wishful thinking since I've been rooting for Minnemann all along).

Offline robwebster

« Reply #3529 on: February 20, 2011, 03:14:55 AM »

ITT I learn robwebster ignores all my posts  :(
Ack. Sorry. I only read this page before posting. I'd read the other pages yesterday, but my predominant memory was "SnakeEyes doing a lot of shouting" rather than "Perpetual Change being totally righteous."

Offline SDFprowler

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3530 on: February 20, 2011, 03:15:24 AM »

Same for me here. I cannot for the life of me upload any avatar. And yet, it's a jpg with the right size.

100 x 100 wouldn't work for me even though it said that was the limit.  No idea what the deal was.  So I tried 99 x 99 and it worked.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #3531 on: February 20, 2011, 03:50:09 AM »
I wouldn't be disappointed if Mangini was the drummer. But the interviews would be funny!
Check out 1:38 - 1:41: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QnQjTiBWSw  :lol
Nah, but seriously, he seems very charismatic.

P.S: I checked out the Fire Garden Suite, and I actually thought it was really nice. First Mangini video I watched and actually felt the style resembled Dream Theater.
If it's the same video I saw it sounded like he was playing a tasteless drum solo and someone had Steve Vai's fire Garden track on in the background, only Mangini couldn't hear it.

Offline Knguro

« Reply #3532 on: February 20, 2011, 06:14:34 AM »
Im already wondering how it going to be the new DT live with a new guy on drumms, woooow i cant wait to hear the new stuff
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:24:04 AM by Knguro »
...Here before me is my soul, I'm learning to live...
And your English is just fine. :tup

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #3533 on: February 20, 2011, 06:15:10 AM »
@anyone with Avatar troubles - Message me with a link to the photo you want to use and later today I'll set you up.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline wjc

« Reply #3534 on: February 20, 2011, 07:11:58 AM »
Dunno where to put this so it can go here. From https://www.yourworldoftext.com/dtf

James here. Ask me anything.
What is the name of the new album, if you have one? Not yet. Jt some idea. ideas.
Does the album have any theme or concept behind it? Resilience
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 07:17:31 AM by wjc »
Have your say in DT: The League