23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1059256 times)

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #3150 on: February 15, 2011, 10:53:29 AM »
Yes, come on, if you know something, spill the beans, Dude! We all wanna know what YOU know... :biggrin:

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3151 on: February 15, 2011, 10:54:56 AM »
He probably thinks it's Priester.  In which case I will respond for the millionth time that there's no way they hire a no-name who doesn't have the chops to play DT material.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline phentalmyst

« Reply #3152 on: February 15, 2011, 10:58:56 AM »
i don't get why i'm being accused of being so secretive simply coz i haven't said his name. a little research on pages 16-17 and you'll see it quite a few times. jesus.

and no, i don't think it's priester. i can't stand him.

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #3153 on: February 15, 2011, 11:01:17 AM »
I would like to know his speculation also. I went through his posts and did not see any drummer he mentioned.

that's because i havent named him here
Well, either guess or don't. You're not allowed to be smug about it if you don't put your foot in the ring, though. It's international law.

again, my point was simply to re-butt ReaPsTA's claim that all possibilities other than Mangini have been spoken for.

There are many possibilities...so who do you think it is? This is the whole point of this Topic/Thread.

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #3154 on: February 15, 2011, 11:03:47 AM »
i don't get why i'm being accused of being so secretive simply coz i haven't said his name. a little research on pages 16-17 and you'll see it quite a few times. jesus.

It's probably because you're saying we should review a 90 page long thread instead of just saying you think it's Derek Roddy.

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #3155 on: February 15, 2011, 11:06:08 AM »

It's probably because you're saying we should review a 90 page long thread instead of just saying you think it's Derek Roddy.

^this

Offline Ħ

« Reply #3156 on: February 15, 2011, 11:09:36 AM »
All right, let's get Jesus on the poll.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline robwebster

« Reply #3157 on: February 15, 2011, 11:10:48 AM »
Done.

Offline Knguro

« Reply #3158 on: February 15, 2011, 11:12:35 AM »

Waaaaaaahahahahaha amen for that brother!
...Here before me is my soul, I'm learning to live...
And your English is just fine. :tup

Offline phentalmyst

« Reply #3159 on: February 15, 2011, 11:13:39 AM »

hahahah! :D

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3160 on: February 15, 2011, 11:14:22 AM »
phentalmyst, I'm not going to tell you again to quit trolling the thread.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline phentalmyst

« Reply #3161 on: February 15, 2011, 11:14:30 AM »

there are 90 pages between 16 & 17?

Offline phentalmyst

« Reply #3162 on: February 15, 2011, 11:15:10 AM »
if i'm trolling then you really are the new drummer...

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #3163 on: February 15, 2011, 11:18:46 AM »

there are 90 pages between 16 & 17?

Seriously? It took you EIGHT posts to even say which pages he was mentioned in, and you even said "that's all I'm gonna say" like you were in the know or your choice was somehow unique. The only thing I regret here is having wasted the time to go back and check those pages thus giving in to your attention seeking.

Offline phentalmyst

« Reply #3164 on: February 15, 2011, 11:21:23 AM »
i'm not in the know. he's simply my guess based off blabbermouth's claim. no one buys blabbermouth for the most part, but to me he makes sense.

by he, i mean roddy.

Online Dream Team

« Reply #3165 on: February 15, 2011, 11:29:44 AM »
i'm not in the know. he's simply my guess based off blabbermouth's claim. no one buys blabbermouth for the most part, but to me he makes sense.

by he, i mean roddy.

No way. I can't seem him totally giving up death metal.

Offline phentalmyst

« Reply #3166 on: February 15, 2011, 11:30:22 AM »
well, i can.

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #3167 on: February 15, 2011, 11:48:31 AM »
priester's no no-name. one other north american and i know who he is, and surely 10's of people in south america are familiar.

Offline mentalny

• Croatia DT fan
« Reply #3168 on: February 15, 2011, 12:47:49 PM »
Let the light surround you !

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3169 on: February 15, 2011, 12:55:38 PM »
That's the love child of Geddy Lee and Tommy Aldrich!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline mittinagus

• Mexican Bad-ass...
  • Matando Güeros!
« Reply #3170 on: February 15, 2011, 12:57:07 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28lUsDquJ70&feature=related

anybody knows who is this guy ?

Stoyan Yankoulov, it says right there   ;D...

Tin

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3171 on: February 15, 2011, 01:15:38 PM »

by he, i mean roddy.

I just looked up the guy and then proceeded to watch an aimless sequence of blast beats, fast double-bass and lackluster cymbal work.

Good god do I wish it's Minnemann.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3172 on: February 15, 2011, 01:21:14 PM »
priester's no no-name. one other north american and i know who he is, and surely 10's of people in south america are familiar.

Agreed here. I am sure a lot of people have heard Angra, not only in south america but in north america and europe as well. And he played for 8 years with them. I do agree with Bosk that he is not nearlly good enough to be in DT.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3173 on: February 15, 2011, 01:39:21 PM »

Agreed here. I am sure a lot of people have heard Angra, not only in south america but in north america and europe as well. And he played for 8 years with them. I do agree with Bosk that he is not nearlly good enough to be in DT.

haha I think you missed his sarcasm. 
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline hacko

« Reply #3174 on: February 15, 2011, 02:10:37 PM »

I'm from south america, and even if I've heard a lot of Angra, I had no idea who this dude was till it was mentioned here.

I'm sure I'm gonna get a lot of hate, but he doesn't really stand out to me in Angra.

Offline i am fabio

« Reply #3175 on: February 15, 2011, 02:16:12 PM »
Really I've known who Priester was for a long time and always thought he was outstanding. Temple of Shadows is pretty insane and in my top albums of all time. Anyways I don't think he is a fit or if so it would be kinda random since although definately proggy at times Angra is more power metal. LOL at thinking he cant play Theater stuff though.

Offline Stoneyman

« Reply #3176 on: February 15, 2011, 02:38:10 PM »
Im calling BULLSH!T

Dave Weckl is Jesus

One has to go from the poll, that is unfair.

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #3177 on: February 15, 2011, 02:38:16 PM »
Really I've known who Priester was for a long time and always thought he was outstanding. Temple of Shadows is pretty insane and in my top albums of all time. Anyways I don't think he is a fit or if so it would be kinda random since although definately proggy at times Angra is more power metal. LOL at thinking he cant play Theater stuff though.

I think Aquiles has the chops for DT.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #3178 on: February 15, 2011, 02:42:00 PM »

by he, i mean roddy.

I just looked up the guy and then proceeded to watch an aimless sequence of blast beats, fast double-bass and lackluster cymbal work.

Good god do I wish it's Minnemann.

rumborak

this. cant stand roddy, really annoying playing

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3179 on: February 15, 2011, 02:59:35 PM »

There's more to playing DT than just playing fast double-bass and fills.
There's also another issue: Priester plays in a band that makes music I hate with a passion. To put it mildly. I just listened to a Youtube video of him drumming a song called "Acid Rain", and beside the drumming being rather average, I had to fight a gag reflex because of the music.

rumborak

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3180 on: February 15, 2011, 03:03:46 PM »
I have hoped (and still hope) it's Minnemann all along. From the drummers speculated/listed, he strikes out to me as the best. The man's a beast.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3181 on: February 15, 2011, 03:04:54 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LljL8ymUQ-c&feature=related

The guy just has a lot of fun when playing it seems. DT could really use an infusion of plain fun.

rumborak

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3182 on: February 15, 2011, 03:07:08 PM »
Definitely, his drumming appears to me as downright fun  :D

It also helps the man's a great multi-instrumentalist. He plays his drums in a very musical way.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #3183 on: February 15, 2011, 03:18:40 PM »

There's more to playing DT than just playing fast double-bass and fills.
There's also another issue: Priester plays in a band that makes music I hate with a passion. To put it mildly. I just listened to a Youtube video of him drumming a song called "Acid Rain", and beside the drumming being rather average, I had to fight a gag reflex because of the music.

rumborak

I think he is a phenomenal drummer, however I do not like the music either. Some of the Angra stuff is pretty cool though. He could easily pull off DT, he has an awesome Mapex drum set too.

Offline njdtfan

« Reply #3184 on: February 15, 2011, 03:40:11 PM »
I can see numerous of the aforementioned guys being "picked". Marco, Mike, and Priester I think would do "justice" in DT. That said, I also think there a afew others (not mentioned in the poll) that would do well. Long & short, I would assume that we all respect the members of DT, and regardless of the choice, THEY know better than all of us what they want/need to continue.
Life's biggest battles
Often are fought alone
My spirit brings me home