23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1059027 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #2871 on: February 05, 2011, 03:28:10 PM »
I foresee many uses for this picture :lol

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2872 on: February 05, 2011, 03:49:18 PM »
I foresee many uses for this picture :lol

rumborak

That's exactly my thought when I saw it also. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MajorMatt

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2873 on: February 05, 2011, 04:51:38 PM »
In light of recent events I have changed my vote to: Exotic-Dancer Myung.

That is all.

Offline bloop

• The opadismo
  • Mobilizing to contribute to the alliance
« Reply #2874 on: February 05, 2011, 04:52:01 PM »
Exotic Dancer Myung probably has just as much of a chance as any of the other options.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #2875 on: February 05, 2011, 05:06:34 PM »
The more I think about it the more I think it's Minneman. It could be that Roadrunner threatened to discontinue hosting the Blabbermouth website or some legal butt kicking if Blabbermouth didn't retract their statement about the drummer being Marco or if Blabbermouth continued to feed the flames of the rumor. I mean, when they announced that the drummer is NOT Marco, it's not like they gave us any proof. Has anyone else thought of this? Or is it just me?
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #2876 on: February 05, 2011, 06:01:56 PM »
Fuck it. Whatever. Exotic-Dancer Myung it is.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Remco

« Reply #2877 on: February 05, 2011, 07:26:18 PM »
If we didn't know JR was in China for part of January, would we all assume from JP's update that when he mentions "our first month", he'd have meant the WHOLE band, drummer included?

Knowing JR wasn't there the whole time, and possibly JLB, we can't be too sure if the drummer was present, but there are plenty of strong points for each side of this. I think they're being smart not revealing whether or not their new drummer is present because then someone would definitely be scoping out the studio by now.

I can picture it - to sneak out the new drummer, the band give him a jacket and pizza-bag and hat to walk out of the studio with, and anyone watching would think it was just someone delivering pizza! Genius!

-Marc.

Pizza guy is too obvious. Give him a long black wig, sun glasses, and a kimono. Have him carry out a bass every day.
Pretty plausible. Because Myung probably will stay there the whole night to practice bass.

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #2878 on: February 05, 2011, 08:43:42 PM »
does anyone think it will reach march before we know?

edit - this to think
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline Ħ

« Reply #2879 on: February 05, 2011, 09:01:19 PM »
does anyone think it will reach march before we know?

edit - this to think

I say no.  But I said that every other month.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2880 on: February 05, 2011, 10:17:21 PM »
In 3 days we'll hit the 5-month mark of MP's departure.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #2881 on: February 05, 2011, 10:23:13 PM »
Doesn't feel like it's been that long.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2882 on: February 06, 2011, 12:32:06 AM »
If we didn't know JR was in China for part of January, would we all assume from JP's update that when he mentions "our first month", he'd have meant the WHOLE band, drummer included?

Knowing JR wasn't there the whole time, and possibly JLB, we can't be too sure if the drummer was present, but there are plenty of strong points for each side of this. I think they're being smart not revealing whether or not their new drummer is present because then someone would definitely be scoping out the studio by now.

I can picture it - to sneak out the new drummer, the band give him a jacket and pizza-bag and hat to walk out of the studio with, and anyone watching would think it was just someone delivering pizza! Genius!

-Marc.

Pizza guy is too obvious. Give him a long black wig, sun glasses, and a kimono. Have him carry out a bass every day.
Pretty plausible. Because Myung probably will stay there the whole night to practice bass.

With a Starbucks. Srsly.

Offline Sparta-ll

« Reply #2883 on: February 06, 2011, 04:51:55 PM »
After years and years of pointless analysing of Lost, I thought that everything was over. No more frame-by-frame analyses or alternative timelines ,but yesterday after seeing Jordan's picture of JLB piratizing the studio, I realized I had put my deerstalker hat back on, light my pipe and solve this mystery.

First stop was at Beartracks studio. I thought it would be a good place to start, because of the many albums Dream Theater has recorded there, but sadly my long drive deep into the woods was for nothing. No more Beartracks Studio...

I knew I had to go on. Pirate James might be piratizing some studio right this moment.

My next visit was at Avatar Studios and I had to find a way to get in. Who would suspect a Pizza delivery guy, I thought. Luckily my plan worked and I was able to take a look at Studio A's control room.

https://www.avatarstudios.net/rooms/studio_a_photo.html

Just a quick glance at Jordan's photo I had with me...

https://plixi.com/p/72482100

and I understood I was at the wrong studio again. Though the pictures were similar, my trained eyes were able to see few differences; The control panel and the wood on the wall.

I was already starting to lose my faith, when suddenly my car radio woke from coma after decades of unconsciousness: This Dying Soul from Dream Theater's Train of Thought album.

My dying soul came back to life and knew instantly where it had to go: Cove City Sound Studios at Long Island, NY.

I parked my car near the studio and looked my watch: 6:00 sharp. Not a bad time at all, I thought, and started to put my pizza delivery outfit back on. My disguise worked like charm once again and I was able get to the studio A control room in no time.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

https://covecitysoundstudios.com/WP23/wp-content/gallery/studio/studio3.jpg

https://covecitysoundstudios.com/WP23/wp-content/gallery/studio/studio4.jpg

Same No Smoking-sign, same control panel, same everything with the exception of speakers and their placement. James must have piratized the old ones...

Knowing my nature, I had to double check if the live room was the same as in the pictures that Jordan took from John & John playing their instruments...

https://covecitysoundstudios.com/WP23/wp-content/gallery/studio/liveroom.jpg

and again a quick glance was enough,

https://plixi.com/p/71298900

https://plixi.com/p/71294856

The floor is clearly the same and even the different coloured wood panel below Muyng right hand can be found.

My search was finally over: Dream Theater is recording at Cove City Sound Studios

But was that The End?

Did I miss something?

I drove back home, threw my hat deep into the closet and fell asleep on my bed without knowing that Cove City Sound Studios is located at North Shore of Long Island which might make it the place that Mike Mangini meant when he said the following:

"Heading to up the North Shore this week for rec session #2 of 2011. I will update my sites w/info asap. My Books site will be down for a while."

Only time will tell...

Offline bloop

• The opadismo
« Reply #2884 on: February 06, 2011, 04:54:42 PM »
Are you a wizard

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #2885 on: February 06, 2011, 05:03:24 PM »
Cove City just got an endorsement from Toontrack. Obviously Drumkit From Hell is the new drummer.

Offline Metabog

• Life Inhibitor
  • I like big biquads and I cannot lie.
« Reply #2886 on: February 06, 2011, 05:04:08 PM »
Oh my god oh my god.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #2887 on: February 06, 2011, 05:16:28 PM »
Spyro Gyra, right?

THAT'S the kind of fanwanky sleuthing that I'm frankly ashamed we, collectively, haven't been doing more of. Brilliant work, Sparta!

And another tick for the "probably Mike Mangini" box.

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2888 on: February 06, 2011, 05:19:10 PM »
*Cool Studio Story*
That was so awesome I just can't believe you. I do anyway. :metal

Offline TheKillingHand

« Reply #2889 on: February 06, 2011, 05:30:03 PM »
Wow! Now all u gotta do is camp outside the studio and see who comes and goes   :corn

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #2890 on: February 06, 2011, 05:32:30 PM »
Thanks for the info man!

Hopefully we can know who the drummer is by the end of the week  ;D

Offline Setebos

« Reply #2891 on: February 06, 2011, 06:22:53 PM »
awesome story
You sir are my hero of the day. :yarr

Offline bloop

• The opadismo
« Reply #2892 on: February 06, 2011, 06:30:57 PM »
Was Cove City Sound where ToT was recorded?

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #2893 on: February 06, 2011, 06:33:39 PM »

I think so. I think Pie studios was the place were they wrote and Cove where they recorded. I can't recall correctly, but two studios were used for ToT

Offline teoevans

« Reply #2894 on: February 06, 2011, 06:39:16 PM »
After years and years of pointless analysing of Lost, I thought that everything was over. No more frame-by-frame analyses or alternative timelines ,but yesterday after seeing Jordan's picture of JLB piratizing the studio, I realized I had put my deerstalker hat back on, light my pipe and solve this mystery.

First stop was at Beartracks studio. I thought it would be a good place to start, because of the many albums Dream Theater has recorded there, but sadly my long drive deep into the woods was for nothing. No more Beartracks Studio...

I knew I had to go on. Pirate James might be piratizing some studio right this moment.

My next visit was at Avatar Studios and I had to find a way to get in. Who would suspect a Pizza delivery guy, I thought. Luckily my plan worked and I was able to take a look at Studio A's control room.

https://www.avatarstudios.net/rooms/studio_a_photo.html

Just a quick glance at Jordan's photo I had with me...

https://plixi.com/p/72482100

and I understood I was at the wrong studio again. Though the pictures were similar, my trained eyes were able to see few differences; The control panel and the wood on the wall.

I was already starting to lose my faith, when suddenly my car radio woke from coma after decades of unconsciousness: This Dying Soul from Dream Theater's Train of Thought album.

My dying soul came back to life and knew instantly where it had to go: Cove City Sound Studios at Long Island, NY.

I parked my car near the studio and looked my watch: 6:00 sharp. Not a bad time at all, I thought, and started to put my pizza delivery outfit back on. My disguise worked like charm once again and I was able get to the studio A control room in no time.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

https://covecitysoundstudios.com/WP23/wp-content/gallery/studio/studio3.jpg

https://covecitysoundstudios.com/WP23/wp-content/gallery/studio/studio4.jpg

Same No Smoking-sign, same control panel, same everything with the exception of speakers and their placement. James must have piratized the old ones...

Knowing my nature, I had to double check if the live room was the same as in the pictures that Jordan took from John & John playing their instruments...

https://covecitysoundstudios.com/WP23/wp-content/gallery/studio/liveroom.jpg

and again a quick glance was enough,

https://plixi.com/p/71298900

https://plixi.com/p/71294856

The floor is clearly the same and even the different coloured wood panel below Muyng right hand can be found.

My search was finally over: Dream Theater is recording at Cove City Sound Studios

But was that The End?

Did I miss something?

I drove back home, threw my hat deep into the closet and fell asleep on my bed without knowing that Cove City Sound Studios is located at North Shore of Long Island which might make it the place that Mike Mangini meant when he said the following:

"Heading to up the North Shore this week for rec session #2 of 2011. I will update my sites w/info asap. My Books site will be down for a while."

Only time will tell...

You're totally right.... same damn carpet !!!!.... It is Cove City Sound Studios!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 07:01:25 PM by teoevans »

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #2895 on: February 06, 2011, 06:45:03 PM »

Yes. https://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=570140507258701872#

Edit: They did basic tracks at Cove and keys, vox, and overdubs at Pie.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2896 on: February 06, 2011, 06:52:28 PM »
 :tup

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2897 on: February 06, 2011, 06:53:34 PM »
That was a great post Sparta, and an amazing first post at that. Thank you so much for finding out that information, I hope you stick around here.  :heart
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #2898 on: February 06, 2011, 09:04:53 PM »
This is great, now we know what Studio they're at. Watch, now they re-locate.

I wonder if they chose Cove before Mike left or did it after
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline dongringo

« Reply #2899 on: February 06, 2011, 09:07:03 PM »
Wow...just...Wow!!!
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2900 on: February 06, 2011, 09:08:43 PM »
Is no one willing to stake out the Cove? None of you New Yorkers? Come on, guys!

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #2901 on: February 06, 2011, 09:13:02 PM »
I honestly would if I could. But it's like 6-8 hours away. Not sure. But my car is incredibly unreliable, needs to be fixed, and I have hardly any spare cash.

Who else here is in NY/NYC. I know MetalManiac is.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2902 on: February 06, 2011, 09:18:50 PM »
In 3 days we'll hit the 5-month mark of MP's departure.

rumborak

Man time really flies, I can remember sitting down and reading the forums and hearing that mike has left the band.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #2903 on: February 06, 2011, 09:39:32 PM »
That was the best first post I've seen from ANYONE
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Nic35

• Which seat can I take =/ ?
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2904 on: February 06, 2011, 09:51:39 PM »

Only time will tell...
Wow. I'm sure MM is the new drummer.
Jesus Christ himself* comes down amidst a choir of 2 billion angels singing Handel's Hallelujah chorus. As KrotchRaut shred randomly on guitars made of dragon bones using picks made from God's kidney stones, Jesus heals a blind woman who promptly gives birth onstage to a creation of pure light.

*Yes, Jesus Christ himself. Nothing less will do.