23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1058896 times)

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #2450 on: January 20, 2011, 03:20:43 PM »
I saw the twitpics, that means JR is doing his regular twitter updates in studio. Without showing the drummer, but I can understand that.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #2451 on: January 20, 2011, 04:09:39 PM »
hi everyone.  i just wanted to say i am not the new drummer for dream theater.  I did not even heard of dream theater until someone ask me am i new drummer.  sorry to disappoint you all.  keep it metal.

AP

but you started off hangar, in part, as a DT cover band...must be amnesia.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2452 on: January 20, 2011, 04:14:12 PM »
hi everyone.  i just wanted to say i am not the new drummer for dream theater.  I did not even heard of dream theater until someone ask me am i new drummer.  sorry to disappoint you all.  keep it metal.

AP

https://www.hangar.mus.br/ing/bio.htm
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline LKap13

« Reply #2453 on: January 20, 2011, 04:20:31 PM »

Hahaha, Got him

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2454 on: January 20, 2011, 08:16:51 PM »
What strikes me as more ironic is the fact that their new guy was formerly in a "Christian" band.  Yeah, that'll be a good match.

I'd say about as good a match as a recovered alcoholic and drug-addict.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 08:31:05 PM by Perpetual Change »

Offline alpheus94

« Reply #2455 on: January 20, 2011, 09:28:47 PM »
It seems Thomas is gaining ground in the votes...................... :metal

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2456 on: January 21, 2011, 01:18:34 AM »
Nice pics!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 01:30:00 AM by Zydar »
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Raziel666

• Infinite Moonloops
« Reply #2457 on: January 21, 2011, 01:27:35 AM »
It seems Thomas is gaining ground in the votes...................... :metal

Don't think that means much though... People think that certain drummers have been ruled out, certain others cause a significant amount of anger when their names are mentioned, etc. Hell, we don't even know for sure who were the 7 who auditioned.

Unless DT are looking at this poll and will pick their drummer according to our preferences, I'd say who wins in the poll isn't an indication of what's to come...

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #2458 on: January 21, 2011, 05:15:39 AM »
Hmm I'm not sure if it will be Lang, he seems to be promoting and posting lots of things on his band Stork on twitter a lot. 

Offline jdprsaga

« Reply #2459 on: January 21, 2011, 08:23:17 AM »
Hmm I'm not sure if it will be Lang, he seems to be promoting and posting lots of things on his band Stork on twitter a lot. 

Wow.. didn't knew about it.. listening to their myspace.. now i'm sure about the metal side of lang...

altho the news about him being in this band and promoting it right now is like a bath with cold water for me!!!

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #2460 on: January 21, 2011, 09:19:42 AM »
I don't think Lang being in that band rules him out. The DT guys have sideprojects too. I guess Stork isn't hugely popular (unlike A7X) so he could be the new drummer.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2461 on: January 21, 2011, 09:29:22 AM »
I think we can assume that after the Portnoy fiasco the guys will want someone full-time who is fully committed to THEM and ONLY them. That's not to say whoever it is isn't in the midst of finishing up some session work, though.

Offline Voyage 34

« Reply #2462 on: January 21, 2011, 09:50:35 AM »
I think we can assume that after the Portnoy fiasco the guys will want someone full-time who is fully committed to THEM and ONLY them. That's not to say whoever it is isn't in the midst of finishing up some session work, though.

I would not be surprised if the band made that a new requirement, not only for the new drummer, but for all of the members.
"Thank you god...for making me an atheist."
                                                --Ricky Gervais

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2463 on: January 21, 2011, 09:58:20 AM »

I would not be surprised if the band made that a new requirement, not only for the new drummer, but for all of the members.
I actually really doubt that will happen.  All of them have worked on side projects.  That isn't going to change.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
« Reply #2464 on: January 21, 2011, 10:00:30 AM »
The new drummer is probably.... Jordan's left hand.  LOL  .... kind of like that joke:  "how many bass players does it take to screw in a light bulb?  None - the keyboard player does it with his left hand."  :lol

Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
« Reply #2465 on: January 21, 2011, 10:03:32 AM »
I actually really doubt that will happen.  All of them have worked on side projects.  That isn't going to change.

Yeah, I agree - otherwise, LaBrie wouldn't be recording solo albums and playing with other musicians who are pretty much just as good as the guys in DT (Marco is AMAZING).  James did say in a recent interview that they have a rule that, when they do side projects, DT HAS to be priority.  No side project can interfere with DT. 
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline mittinagus

• Mexican Bad-ass...
  • Matando Güeros!
« Reply #2466 on: January 21, 2011, 10:16:11 AM »
I don't think Lang being in that band rules him out. The DT guys have sideprojects too. I guess Stork isn't hugely popular (unlike A7X) so he could be the new drummer.

but the new guy has to work, earn money, pay bills, what if the legal issues take too long or doesn't get resolved at all?

is he already receiving salary? if he is not legaly part of the band how can he earn his living? or how does this work?

Tin

Offline DP_Gumby

• Wished I lived in any fantasy realm
« Reply #2467 on: January 21, 2011, 02:36:06 PM »
I think it would be hilarious if Jordan's first twitpic of the new drummer is just a drumchair, nothing else..  :biggrin:
"This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy." - Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Offline Setebos

« Reply #2468 on: January 21, 2011, 03:29:01 PM »
Or maybe the drummer's ass and balls?:hat

God. I'm truly disturbed. :(

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2469 on: January 21, 2011, 04:13:26 PM »
I think it would be hilarious if Jordan's first twitpic of the new drummer is just a drumchair, nothing else..  :biggrin:

A drum chair with a little green globule on it...
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline Metabog

• Life Inhibitor
  • I like big biquads and I cannot lie.
« Reply #2470 on: January 21, 2011, 04:20:02 PM »
The new Dream Theater drummer... will not be seen tonight!

As we bring you this Queef Sisters Special!

*hooooorn*

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #2471 on: January 21, 2011, 09:39:15 PM »
People that say they don't care are lying, bc if they didn't care, they wouldn't be on this forum every day checking for the new drummer, which they are.

The announcement is being delayed, I believe, because of sh*t flying behind the scenes. Lawyers, bitching...blah blah blah. Mangini is, probably, the new drummer. If not, it's a big surprise to pretty much everybody, even the frontrunners who thought it was Marco for the past month and changed their votes.

I bet Morgenstein when this thread had like 5 views. I'm one of the few who didn't change my vote. I'll admit it.

Still, in reality, it could be Lars Ulrich, and we don't know it.

Blabbermouth knows nothing, rumors mean nothing...you know the routine. Keep that in mind kthanx.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline dongringo

« Reply #2472 on: January 21, 2011, 09:45:40 PM »
I don't see how Kevin Moore could have so many votes. Silly people.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline wjc

« Reply #2473 on: January 21, 2011, 10:35:53 PM »
I don't see how Kevin Moore could have so many votes. Silly people.

He's a wizard with a sequencer
Have your say in DT: The League

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2474 on: January 22, 2011, 01:01:11 AM »
the changing votes is so annoying. minnemann back down. stick to your votes people
What's the use if you voted for someone who has certainly been ruled out?
I voted for Zeleny initially, but he has been permanently ruled out, that's when I changed it to Lang.

everything is wrong with it. The thread is place your bets. So you are wrong. Big deal. I picked minnemann the day this thread was made. And I'm not gonna change it even though he has been kinda ruled out.

Offline IronMarioAUT

« Reply #2475 on: January 22, 2011, 01:54:45 AM »
interesting tweet from Lang: "aquiles priester is not only a great drummer -- but a great guy. thanks for the hang."  :lol

still hope it's Lang (simply because he is an amazing drummer and from Austria) but it won't be the end of the world for me if it's someone else.

Offline Metabog

• Life Inhibitor
« Reply #2476 on: January 22, 2011, 04:35:55 AM »
interesting tweet from Lang: "aquiles priester is not only a great drummer -- but a great guy. thanks for the hang."  :lol

still hope it's Lang (simply because he is an amazing drummer and from Austria) but it won't be the end of the world for me if it's someone else.

Should've said thanks for the lang, right?

:facepalm:

Offline Aquila Chrysaetos

« Reply #2477 on: January 22, 2011, 04:46:26 AM »
the changing votes is so annoying. minnemann back down. stick to your votes people
I voted for Zeleny initially, but he has been permanently ruled out, that's when I changed it to Lang.

everything is wrong with it. The thread is place your bets. So you are wrong. Big deal. I picked minnemann the day this thread was made. And I'm not gonna change it even though he has been kinda ruled out.
OK, but I don't see it like that

Offline Metabog

• Life Inhibitor
« Reply #2478 on: January 22, 2011, 04:53:33 AM »

OK, but I don't see it like that

Do you understand the concept of a bet?

Offline roccer

« Reply #2479 on: January 22, 2011, 06:07:40 AM »
interesting tweet from Lang: "aquiles priester is not only Dream Theater' s new drummer -- but a great guy. thanks for the hang." 

I think there's a hidden message somewhere there...not sure what though

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2480 on: January 22, 2011, 06:14:22 AM »
interesting tweet from Lang: "aquiles priester is not only Dream Theater' s new drummer -- but a great guy. thanks for the hang." 

I think there's a hidden message somewhere there...not sure what though
lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #2481 on: January 22, 2011, 06:22:25 AM »
Oh god, so if he's met Priester over in L.A that means neither of them are in the studio with DT at the moment.  Ugh, it's seeming less likely that either of them.  Who the f*ck is left that it can be? Well thousands of other people but crikey it seems everyone has been taken.

Offline IronMarioAUT

« Reply #2482 on: January 22, 2011, 06:33:55 AM »
Oh god, so if he's met Priester over in L.A that means neither of them are in the studio with DT at the moment.  Ugh, it's seeming less likely that either of them.

Yes, seems like Lang was not in NY this week, at least not on 18 Jan. Proof is a post on twitter from a Berklee student:

"Just had the dopest schooling from @thomaslangdrum in beautiful California. I'm stoked to get shedding as soon as I'm home."

:smiley:

Offline Metabog

• Life Inhibitor
« Reply #2483 on: January 22, 2011, 07:09:29 AM »
Clearly it's Mike Mangini.

Offline Raziel666

• Infinite Moonloops
« Reply #2484 on: January 22, 2011, 07:18:33 AM »
Or maybe the new drummer is not in the studio yet...