23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1059003 times)

Offline MemoryScenes

Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #2380 on: January 19, 2011, 07:37:02 PM »

Offline dongringo

« Reply #2381 on: January 19, 2011, 08:38:28 PM »
That proves nothing really. I'm sure if it was Marco, he wouldn't even be able to tell this band or anyone else due to confidentiality. And he's not due in the studio until Feb 7. I just don't see that as anything concrete. :corn
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2382 on: January 19, 2011, 08:44:58 PM »
That proves nothing really. I'm sure if it was Marco, he wouldn't even be able to tell this band or anyone else due to confidentiality. And he's not due in the studio until Feb 7. I just don't see that as anything concrete. :corn

Dude it's pretty concrete. There's no way Marco is the new drummer. It's called reading between the lines.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2383 on: January 19, 2011, 08:45:19 PM »
Quote from: John Petrucci
Hi there, I know you're the new permanent drummer for a profitable and highly respected genre leading band, and although we're all here recording an album and eventually will be asking you to learn 4 hours or so of material for the next tour why don't you go out and record with other bands instead of being in the studio with us to do silly things like gel with the band and get a feel for our musical bonds.

I totally bet that's what he said to the new guy a week or two ago.

I seriously think anyone who thinks the new drummer is going to be absent for any large chunk of the making of the new album should have their head examined, it makes absolutely no sense.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2384 on: January 19, 2011, 08:47:37 PM »
And then, "Yeah," John would say, "because, you know, we've had a lot of success recently with drummers who have other projects they're committed to.“

Offline dongringo

« Reply #2385 on: January 19, 2011, 09:24:20 PM »

Dude it's pretty concrete. There's no way Marco is the new drummer. It's called reading between the lines.

Quote from Matt of Psyaxis: "Im not too sure where DT came into play on this article. I dont want there to be a misunderstanding. Minnemann is coming down to play drums on our album, but it has nothing to do with DT. Id love to see him play with them, but I dont THINK he is their new drummer."

With all due respect, I read between the lines and the emphasis is on THINK. This guy doesn't even know.  Blabbermouth might know, but due to their track record, we aren't sure. So nothing is really ruled out at this point. That's all I'm saying.

At any rate, having other work/obligations also doesn't rule anything out because any world class drummer would certainly have other obligations already scheduled that they would eventually need to do something about. I'm sure DT would understand some temporary work obligations that wouldn't take too long to fulfill.

Of course, I'm just speculating just like the rest of us here.  :P
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Online Adami

« Reply #2386 on: January 19, 2011, 09:25:21 PM »
Fine, Marco is the new drummer. He joined the band and instead of actually playing with them, he went off and decided to play with other bands instead.

Makes perfect sense. I'm sure Marco's really smart that way.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline dongringo

« Reply #2387 on: January 19, 2011, 09:26:47 PM »
Fine, Marco is the new drummer. He joined the band and instead of actually playing with them, he went off and decided to play with other bands instead.

Wow! You're being really rude. I was just adding my thoughts. Nothing more. Thanks for the welcome to the forum.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2388 on: January 19, 2011, 09:30:24 PM »

Wow! You're being really rude. I was just adding my thoughts. Nothing more. Thanks for the welcome to the forum.
Welcome to the forum. Don't let Adami scare you off!
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #2389 on: January 19, 2011, 09:32:06 PM »
So can we eliminate Mangini too?

Also, dongringo, don't take it badly. Adami wasn't being rude. Don't take things too personally here on DTF, I did for awhile and it made me feel sad to post anything. No one is putting you down

Welcome to the forum!
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Lotion

« Reply #2390 on: January 19, 2011, 09:34:11 PM »

Haha, welcome to the forums!  I guess Adami is just tired of all the speculations. But Marco going into the studio in february with some band, and touring with them in may, leaving maybe 2 months for marco with dream theater... is veeeery unlikely. Even if they did write the album without the drummer, two months of writing and recording drums, and preparing a summer tour when marcos also preparing another tour is nearly impossible. We've been through this so many times, so people like Adami is tired of all the Marco speculation!

Online Adami

« Reply #2391 on: January 19, 2011, 09:34:46 PM »

Sorry, wasn't trying to be rude. But as you can see this thread is very long. A lot of posts are "well this person didn't explicitly say that they aren't in the band.........THEREFORE THEY MIGHT BE!" and it just gets annoying, but that's not your fault, I didn't realize you were new.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Dave Weckl is the new drummer.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2392 on: January 19, 2011, 09:47:05 PM »
Be easy on Adami, guys. He's already at 50 plus posts today or something. Of course he's going to have some trouble making sure every one is quality.

Online Adami

« Reply #2393 on: January 19, 2011, 09:47:37 PM »
It's amazing how everyone makes fun of me. I feel not in the slightest bit liked.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2394 on: January 19, 2011, 09:49:59 PM »
What? I was just kidding. I have trouble limiting my posts, too.

But, if you insist, I like you, even if your sense of humor makes me lol about as often as it outrages me. And I only made the joke because you yelled at me for not knowing every detail about Marco's chances of being the drummer, and then yelled at that other guy for speculating. Obviously, I haven't kept up as well with this thread as some but ultimately the blame falls on Nick, who has consistently failed to update the stickied drummer thread. So blame Nick. He may have changed his name and moved to Mexico, but he will not escape my blame.

This thread is now about DT's new drummer, Adami.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:58:24 PM by Perpetual Change »

Offline dongringo

« Reply #2395 on: January 19, 2011, 09:50:54 PM »
LOL Yeah Dave Weckl.

Personally, I don't think it's Marco either. I just wonder about confidentiality between DT and whoever the new drummer is. I mean, if they are really working out legal stuff before revealing the replacement, would the new drummer even be able to say anything to anyone? Was just thinking about stuff like that and wondering.

Anyway, imo, all the speculation is what has made reading these 69 pages fun.

Neil Peart joined DT, but Rush doesn't know it yet.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2396 on: January 19, 2011, 09:55:04 PM »
the changing votes is so annoying. minnemann back down. stick to your votes people

Offline tumbok

« Reply #2397 on: January 19, 2011, 10:20:15 PM »
i have done a little psychic survey regarding the new drummer candidates.
i chose the best youtube video posted here for these candidates : MANGINI, MINNEMANN, DONATI, LANG, PRIESTER (sorry BOSK), ZELENY and WECKL (there you go ADAMI). Well, i know Charlie Z already ruled out but just curious of what people might think about him.
i showed them to ten people who actually know not much about DT, but at least they have heard several DT songs.

Here are the facts:

- of all the 10, 9 people know that MP left DT.
- the vote results:
   5 people for Priester
   2 for Lang
   1 Minnemann
   1 Mangini
   1 Zeleny

well, just care to share.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2398 on: January 19, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »
instead of actually playing with them, he went off and decided to play with other bands instead.

Makes perfect sense. I'm sure Mike's really smart that way.

:omg:
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #2399 on: January 19, 2011, 10:30:03 PM »
i chose the best youtube video posted here for these candidates : MANGINI, MINNEMANN, DONATI, LANG, PRIESTER (sorry BOSK), ZELENY and WECKL (there you go ADAMI). Well, i know Charlie Z already ruled out but just curious of what people might think about him.
i showed them to ten people who actually know not much about DT, but at least they have heard several DT songs.

Here are the facts:

- the vote results:
   5 people for Priester
   2 for Lang
   1 Minnemann
   1 Mangini
   1 Zeleny

That's really interesting. I wonder how many votes Priester would have if he had a spot on the candidate vote list here.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2400 on: January 19, 2011, 11:19:53 PM »
the changing votes is so annoying. minnemann back down. stick to your votes people

Mangini is still my vote, never change it
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline metalpete

« Reply #2401 on: January 20, 2011, 12:16:43 AM »
Answering the guys that asked on the previous page: I don't think it's Wildoer any more, he is writing and recording the next Darkane album :metal I still think he would have been a great fit for DT, incredibole drummer. So now I think it is Lang.

Offline Aquila Chrysaetos

« Reply #2402 on: January 20, 2011, 03:01:02 AM »
What's the use if you voted for someone who has certainly been ruled out?
I voted for Zeleny initially, but he has been permanently ruled out, that's when I changed it to Lang.

Offline Panzerschlacht

« Reply #2403 on: January 20, 2011, 03:43:03 AM »

Here are the facts:

- the vote results:
   5 people for Priester
   2 for Lang
   1 Minnemann
   1 Mangini
   1 Zeleny

Did you show them the videos in random order?

Offline tumbok

« Reply #2404 on: January 20, 2011, 04:17:03 AM »
Did you show them the videos in random order?

yes

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2405 on: January 20, 2011, 04:23:32 AM »
the new drummer isn't in the studio with them anyway
Where did you get this from?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #2406 on: January 20, 2011, 05:29:51 AM »
Is there no-one here who lives near the studio who has no life/job and can stake-out the studio? Then we can all move on to posting why we think he will be rubbish.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2407 on: January 20, 2011, 05:32:09 AM »
A webcam outside the studio would be nice.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #2408 on: January 20, 2011, 05:52:02 AM »
The Herman Rarebell rumor mill is red hot!

:tick2:

HERMAN! HERMAN! HERMAN! HERMAN! :metal
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Stoneyman

« Reply #2409 on: January 20, 2011, 06:03:07 AM »
I would assume that DT are fed up with drummers with side projects.

If they offered the new guy the job in early November (???), then it is quite possible that he had bookings to play or record with other bands early in the new year.  They would either accept these pre-booked obligations or they would say to cancel them.  Its a tough spot to be in.

DT would be smart to make sure that the new guy doesnt fill his drumming side project schedule unless he consults DT first.  I'll even bet that whatever contract the new guys signs will give detailed info on how DT gets preference over any other project.

DT needs to have the guy in the studio NOW.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2410 on: January 20, 2011, 06:20:46 AM »
It's amazing how everyone makes fun of me. I feel not in the slightest bit liked.
Cry more. Cry. By my hand.

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #2411 on: January 20, 2011, 06:21:55 AM »
Aquiles Priester posted a bunch of photos of him in Hollywood. Some of those pictures were with Thomas Lang. I know he had an event in Hollywood, CA on Jan 19th, 2011.

His photo album states "Having fun in Hollywood" . Where is DT recording? New York? Correct?

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2412 on: January 20, 2011, 06:24:44 AM »
I would assume that DT are fed up with drummers with side projects.
I agree, but I do think a logical explanation is that the new drummer had previously agreed to some other projects that he needs to fulfil before joining DT in the studio. I doubt the DT guys would make him cancel previous obligations, but I could see them limiting future side projects to some degree.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2413 on: January 20, 2011, 06:42:13 AM »
A webcam outside the studio would be nice.

We'll catch Bigfoot on camera before we find out who the new drummer is.

...unless Bigfoot is the drummer. Maybe DT want that thumping double bass.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2414 on: January 20, 2011, 07:09:41 AM »
the new drummer isn't in the studio with them anyway
Where did you get this from?
Second request.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol