23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1058982 times)

Offline Leorimus

Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #2135 on: January 16, 2011, 03:05:29 PM »
Plus I posted youtube vids, which is so far exactly the same amount of evidence that priester has.

The only difference is that Dave Weckl in DT, would kick some serious ass!!! Priester not so much.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2136 on: January 16, 2011, 03:07:07 PM »
Plus I posted youtube vids, which is so far exactly the same amount of evidence that priester has.

The only difference is that Dave Weckl in DT, would kick some serious ass!!! Priester not so much.

You know what?

YOU KNOW WHAT?!?!?

You're right.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2137 on: January 16, 2011, 03:08:26 PM »
Yeah, he is right.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

« Reply #2138 on: January 16, 2011, 03:13:31 PM »
So now that I've posted Youtube vids, all I have to do is keep bringing him up.

So, now that we know for a fact that Dave auditioned, proven by the youtube vids that I posted, who else thinks he got the job?

Do you have proof he didn't?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline LKap13

« Reply #2139 on: January 16, 2011, 03:16:13 PM »
Haha it's Priester, you can relax now Adami

Online Adami

« Reply #2140 on: January 16, 2011, 03:16:52 PM »
Haha it's Priester, you can relax now Adami

..............................huh?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #2141 on: January 16, 2011, 04:01:58 PM »
Whats the hard-on for AP he is an average prog/power metal drummer. I can't belive someone would take him over Minnemann or Lang
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Online Adami

« Reply #2142 on: January 16, 2011, 04:15:38 PM »
Let's talk about WECKL!

He's an amazing drummer, and because he's talenetd it's obvious that he wil automatically jam well with DT because there are no qualifications outside of being talented.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline LKap13

« Reply #2143 on: January 16, 2011, 06:35:56 PM »
Whats the hard-on for AP he is an average prog/power metal drummer. I can't belive someone would take him over Minnemann or Lang

In theory, Minnemann and Lang are better, I just haven't seen it. Please do provide Youtube clips of impressive performances by the two...

Online Adami

« Reply #2144 on: January 16, 2011, 06:38:05 PM »
If you haven't seen that Priester is just a good metal drummer while the other two are amazing drummers in many more ways, then you're not going to.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Infinite Cactus

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2145 on: January 16, 2011, 07:12:02 PM »
I can't believe people are this mad that the band isn't telling them the new drummer. Patience. Geez, I've said this before, but try being a Van Halen fan. Nothing ever happens ever, then a rumor sparks up and it never comes to fruition. Patience friends, it's all good.

Offline Voyage 34

« Reply #2146 on: January 16, 2011, 07:12:44 PM »
If you haven't seen that Priester is just a good metal drummer while the other two are amazing drummers in many more ways, then you're not going to.

True. I would be happy with Minnemann or Lang. Priester, not so much.
"Thank you god...for making me an atheist."
                                                --Ricky Gervais

Online Adami

« Reply #2147 on: January 16, 2011, 07:13:28 PM »
I can't believe people are this mad that the band isn't telling them the new drummer. Patience. Geez, I've said this before, but try being a Van Halen fan. Nothing ever happens ever, then a rumor sparks up and it never comes to fruition. Patience friends, it's all good.

When's the last time that VH said "hey good news, we have something to tell you" and then just never said it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Infinite Cactus

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2148 on: January 16, 2011, 07:17:04 PM »
About 5 months ago David Lee Roth said expect big things soon. Now the rumor is nothing is happening, in 2000, David Lee Roth recorded about 4 songs with Van Halen that never saw the light of day because they couldn't get there shit together. In 2008 after the David Lee Roth tour plus Wolfgang, Eddie Van Halen and the management said that they were planning on touring in 2009-2010 in europe. Never Happened. In 2005 Sammy Hagar stated Van Halen was working on new material for the first time since 1998. Never Happened. Every year Eddie states different things then dissapears and nothing is ever heard about it again. Lol

Offline Infinite Cactus

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2149 on: January 16, 2011, 07:17:58 PM »
Van Halen also never tells their fans anything. The official site still says Happy New Year for 2010

Online Adami

« Reply #2150 on: January 16, 2011, 07:25:46 PM »
Fine VH sucks.

Anyway, I think Sammy Hagar is the new drummer.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
« Reply #2151 on: January 16, 2011, 07:42:51 PM »
Okay, some people are just really spoiled by the internet.  Let me give you guys an example of what it was like back in the "old days," i.e., BEFORE the internet.  

After Images & Words came out, DT's "next album" (which no one even knew the title yet) was really anticipated.  There were no internet forums like this to even discuss what you hoped (or didn't hope) what it would sound like.  You actually had to have friends - in real life! - who were into DT.  The best update I ever got about Awake was in a Guitar World magazine around 1993 or so that said something like, "John Petrucci and Dream Theater are in a studio working on the followup to Images & Words."

That was it!  No album title, no song list, no soundclips, no videos, no cover art - NOTHING.  Just a little paragraph about how they were in the process of recording the album.  And, if you didn't get that particular issue of Guitar World, you might not have even known DT was recording their next album, unless another magazine mentioned it or something.  The younger generation (the one right after mine) is REALLY spoiled....

So, the point is:  Really, shut the hell up.  :)
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2152 on: January 16, 2011, 07:55:13 PM »
So, the point is:  Really, shut the hell up.  :)

Dude, it's not a one-way street. Like it or not, Dream Theater have for the past 10 years+ created that expectation, and keeping the fans constantly updated has only worked to their benefit and sustained popularity. The guys came out almost six months ago now with how they were going to "let us know asap" and fill Mike's shoes, and they haven't done that. Of course people are gonna get antsy and slowly start to lose interest. But again, Dream Theater set the tone.

Offline SnakeEyes

« Reply #2153 on: January 16, 2011, 08:15:46 PM »
But, the thing that people AREN'T UNDERSTANDING is that it's not DT's fault.  People are acting like they're being assholes because they refuse to say who the new drummer is or something, but that's just ridiculous.  They're under contact from a record company and the record company is the boss for things like this.

We know they have a new album coming out, we know they're going to be touring, WE'RE GOING TO FIND OUT WHO THE NEW DRUMMER IS.  Big deal if we have to wait even a few more months.  Get over it.  We had to wait years back in the old days before we even knew there was an album coming out!  I remember the band wrote that, "a new album is coming out in 1996" on the Change of Seasons booklet.  Did I complain when it didn't come out?  No - beacuse, I had no one to complain to!  :lol
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Online Adami

« Reply #2154 on: January 16, 2011, 08:19:43 PM »
No one here is bashing DT as far as I saw. We're just annoyed with the situation. Hell, I think most of us are blaming Roadrunner.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline SnakeEyes

« Reply #2155 on: January 16, 2011, 08:24:25 PM »
Well, it doesn't even matter who people are blaming.  The constant bitching is annoying.  I know I don't have to read the posts and I'm not going to continue to derail the thread, but I just wanted some people to know that this really isn't a long wait.  In fact, even if they don't tell us for another three months.... that's a lot shorter than we had to wait before the internet was around.  I think the internet has made people really impatient with things like this. 

Anyway, I'm done.  Sorry for getting pissy. 

Online Adami

« Reply #2156 on: January 16, 2011, 08:27:10 PM »
You're right, I'll send out a memo to let everyone to stop discussing things.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2157 on: January 16, 2011, 08:27:34 PM »
So, the point is:  Really, shut the hell up.  :)

Dude, it's not a one-way street. Like it or not, Mike Portnoy have for the past 10 years+ created that expectation,

FTFY

Sorry to dismantle part of your argument there

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2158 on: January 16, 2011, 08:29:22 PM »
No - beacuse, I had no one to complain to!  :lol

And how far you've come. Now you're on the fansite, complaining to the complainers about all the complaining that's going on.  :lol

But seriously, weren't fanclubs pretty active back in the day?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:56:24 PM by Perpetual Change »

Offline SnakeEyes

« Reply #2159 on: January 16, 2011, 08:32:24 PM »

I never said people shouldn't discuss things.  But, if you haven't noticed a bit of a negative vibe going on because of the lack of news concerning the new drummer, then you're delusional. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2160 on: January 16, 2011, 08:33:51 PM »
Whoever the new drummer is I don't care. I've never even heard of any of these people.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Adami

« Reply #2161 on: January 16, 2011, 08:34:01 PM »

I never said people shouldn't discuss things.  But, if you haven't noticed a bit of a negative vibe going on because of the lack of news concerning the new drummer, then you're delusional. 

Of course I have. So what? It's fine. We fans are allowed to not be 100% happy and pleased all of the time.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline SnakeEyes

« Reply #2162 on: January 16, 2011, 08:40:27 PM »
Of course I have. So what? It's fine. We fans are allowed to not be 100% happy and pleased all of the time.

Okay. 

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2163 on: January 16, 2011, 08:43:02 PM »
Then what the hell is taking them so long to announce it? Shit's starting to pissing me off.
We've talked about it a lot. A bunch of people think it's legal issues, the rest of us just don't care. Pick your camp.
Oh, shit. You won the thread.
Adami -- "simplifying 61 pages of aimless speculation into three sentences" since 02:31:05 PM
Contest_sanity -- "figuring out that you win a thread when you are the 2112th post" since he finished reading this sentence. :p

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2164 on: January 16, 2011, 08:44:07 PM »
Good catch Nicoalsa

Online Adami

« Reply #2165 on: January 16, 2011, 08:44:37 PM »
Eminpoop: Raining on my parade since now :(
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2166 on: January 16, 2011, 08:45:29 PM »
It o.k. baby

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2167 on: January 16, 2011, 08:46:17 PM »
I'll whisper hat it's Weckl in your ear as you go to sleep tonight

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #2168 on: January 16, 2011, 09:02:12 PM »
I could get on the Wekcl Wagon.  If anything, he sounds like a petfect match for JR.  Which makes me think that if he actually auditioned, and didn't get a consolation live gig with JR out of it (like Minneman did), then maybe he got the job. 

Anyway, Weckl comes across as the most musical of the candidates I've heard to date in my opinion.

Online Adami

« Reply #2169 on: January 16, 2011, 09:03:04 PM »
I could get on the Wekcl Wagon.  If anything, he sounds like a petfect match for JR.  Which makes me think that if he actually auditioned, and didn't get a consolation live gig with JR out of it (like Minneman did), then maybe he got the job. 

Anyway, Weckl comes across as the most musical of the candidates I've heard to date in my opinion.

Exactly, I'm pretty sure when Weckl auditioned they focused on some more fusiony james. Imagine DT doing Weckl style fusion stuff, ti would be insane.
fanticide.bandcamp.com