23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1059177 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #1470 on: December 29, 2010, 12:06:08 PM »
As per Blabbermouth:

"Acclaimed drummer Marco Minnemann (KREATOR, NECROPHAGIST, EPHEL DUATH, JOE SATRIANI) has laid down the drum tracks for the third album from the Italian alternative/progressive metal band POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER. Entitled "A Sense Of Decay", the CD is tentatively scheduled ror release in May 2011 via My Kingdom Music.

According to a press release, "A Sense Of Decay" will contain 13 songs with a running time of around 60 minutes. The CD will be mixed by Jim Caruana, who has previously worked with JEFF BUCKLEY, BLACK EYED PEAS and BEYONCE, among others. A 15-date European tour with Marco Minnemann on drums will follow the album release."

I am getting kind of disappointed cause I want him to be the new guy in DT, but it doesn't seem very likely now does it?  :'(

If Minnemann is the chosen one, I guess the band would be aware of his commitments and adjust their schedule. It's not like members of this band haven't toured with other bands.

By May, the DT studio time will probably be over and the only date that has been announced is the High Voltage in the end of July. So, Minnemann (if chosen) will be able to tour with the other band on May/June.

I have no idea how you can read that and still think "It's probably Marco" or even "It's possibly Marco".
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1471 on: December 29, 2010, 12:08:20 PM »
Well, shoot!  I just got official confirmation through an anonymous but reliable source that it's not Herman Rarebell.  *crosses off list*  :(
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

« Reply #1472 on: December 29, 2010, 12:09:29 PM »
Well, shoot!  I just got official confirmation through an anonymous but reliable source that it's not Herman Rarebell.  *crosses off list*  :(

I was just kidding about being Myungs hair dresser dude.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1473 on: December 29, 2010, 12:15:40 PM »

If Minnemann is the chosen one, I guess the band would be aware of his commitments and adjust their schedule. It's not like members of this band haven't toured with other bands.

By May, the DT studio time will probably be over and the only date that has been announced is the High Voltage in the end of July. So, Minnemann (if chosen) will be able to tour with the other band on May/June.

Point taken. However after reading a JP interview where he was asked what he learned this year and him answering "Don't let your drummer play for another band", I would be kind of surprised if they chose Marco.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1474 on: December 29, 2010, 12:29:37 PM »
As per Blabbermouth:

"Acclaimed drummer Marco Minnemann (KREATOR, NECROPHAGIST, EPHEL DUATH, JOE SATRIANI) has laid down the drum tracks for the third album from the Italian alternative/progressive metal band POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER. Entitled "A Sense Of Decay", the CD is tentatively scheduled ror release in May 2011 via My Kingdom Music.

According to a press release, "A Sense Of Decay" will contain 13 songs with a running time of around 60 minutes. The CD will be mixed by Jim Caruana, who has previously worked with JEFF BUCKLEY, BLACK EYED PEAS and BEYONCE, among others. A 15-date European tour with Marco Minnemann on drums will follow the album release."

I am getting kind of disappointed cause I want him to be the new guy in DT, but it doesn't seem very likely now does it?  :'(

I know nothing about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder's music, but this clip of Marco recording drums for one of their songs makes me wish he is indeed coming into the Dream Theater camp...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImKxWxw9C2U
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Raziel666

• Infinite Moonloops
« Reply #1475 on: December 29, 2010, 12:29:57 PM »
I have no idea how you can read that and still think "It's probably Marco" or even "It's possibly Marco".

If you read my post, I used "if". The only thing we've been doing since MP's departure, is pure speculation. Be it for the drummers that auditioned, the reasons the drummer announcement is delayed, etc. etc. So, since we speculate, I think I'm not out of the context here.

Point taken. However after reading a JP interview where he was asked what he learned this year and him answering "Don't let your drummer play for another band", I would be kind of surprised if they chose Marco.

I think JP was joking when he made that statement!

Online Adami

« Reply #1476 on: December 29, 2010, 12:31:25 PM »

If you read my post, I used "if". The only thing we've been doing since MP's departure, is pure speculation. Be it for the drummers that auditioned, the reasons the drummer announcement is delayed, etc. etc. So, since we speculate, I think I'm not out of the context here.

Just seems pointless to speculate. Why not speculate that people who have said they aren't going to join have changed their minds or something. Speculation is only really good for discussion if it is based off of............something.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MS394

« Reply #1477 on: December 29, 2010, 12:37:21 PM »
Maybe they´re waiting for Lang´s foot to heal  :o

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1478 on: December 29, 2010, 01:05:18 PM »
Or maybe they are not :o

Offline metalpete

« Reply #1479 on: December 29, 2010, 01:15:56 PM »
I'm still not changing my wote from Peter Wildoer. If you can read some swedish and use some time googling I still think it's him.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1480 on: December 29, 2010, 01:21:11 PM »
I still think you are him  ;)
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #1481 on: December 29, 2010, 01:23:14 PM »
I'm still not changing my wote from Peter Wildoer. If you can read some swedish and use some time googling I still think it's him.

He's my favorite choice too, but I think he posted "yeah, Dream Theater would have been cool" or something like that, so I really doubt it's him.

If it DOES somehow turn out to be him , I'd smileum everywhere.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #1482 on: December 29, 2010, 01:25:02 PM »
He said exactly that.

But please, since most people can't read swedish here, translate something that poins to him.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline metalpete

« Reply #1483 on: December 29, 2010, 01:28:27 PM »
I still think you are him  ;)

Ha ha ha. No I am not, I am Petter from Norway. You can check out my previous band  ( with picture and all) here: www.myspace.com/promethic . I will not be percived as someone I am not.

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #1484 on: December 29, 2010, 01:49:30 PM »
If it is Mangini then he mus have played a blinder at the audition, and nothing like any of the Youtube videos I've watched of him.  Either that or he's the nicest guy you'd ever meet.  Maybe he has a van and a PA and offered to be the designated driver?

DT: "Well, he's not that great of a drummer, but he's got a van and a PA, so what the fuck..."

Offline TTTSTA

• GRRRRR
« Reply #1485 on: December 29, 2010, 04:38:04 PM »
I think Martin Lopez would be awesome but highly unlikely, same with Gavin Harrison.

I am thinking it comes down to Marco and Mike. Therefore i have to give my vote to

:hefdaddyMike Mangini :hefdaddy
Sig removed for being too Gaahl!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1486 on: December 29, 2010, 04:39:52 PM »
On the other hand, neither Ricky Martin nor George Lopez would be awesome or likely.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1487 on: December 29, 2010, 05:00:12 PM »
On the other hand, neither Ricky Martin nor George Lopez would be awesome or likely.

A 20 minute version of La Vida Loca.................
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1488 on: December 29, 2010, 05:06:02 PM »

A 20 minute version of La Vida Loca.................

...interrupted every few minutes by strings of Chicano jokes that nobody thinks are funny.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1489 on: December 29, 2010, 05:14:45 PM »
Where's Paul Rodriguez when you need him.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1490 on: December 29, 2010, 05:16:19 PM »
Still waiting by the fax machine for Cheech Marin to send over the latest list of jokes that wound up on the cutting room floor, last I heard.  Why do you ask?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1491 on: December 29, 2010, 05:28:19 PM »
Still waiting by the fax machine for Cheech Marin to send over the latest list of jokes that wound up on the cutting room floor, last I heard.  Why do you ask?
I figured they were with Pablo Francisco doing the "I don't get your jokes Comedy Tour".

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1492 on: December 29, 2010, 05:49:39 PM »
Where's Paul Rodriguez when you need him.
Driving around in the CHevy!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1493 on: December 29, 2010, 11:25:38 PM »
As per Blabbermouth:

I am getting kind of disappointed cause I want him to be the new guy in DT, but it doesn't seem very likely now does it?  :'(

15 dates is probably just over a month of touring. That doesn't stop him from joining DT; he can record in January, tour in February or March, and join DT full-time after that.
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #1494 on: December 30, 2010, 06:23:27 AM »
As per Blabbermouth:

15 dates is probably just over a month of touring. That doesn't stop him from joining DT; he can record in January, tour in February or March, and join DT full-time after that.

yes, but he will tour with PTSD sometime after/in May 2011.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1495 on: December 30, 2010, 07:53:27 AM »
Yeah, the schedules don't conflict. He's finished recording with PTSD by the sounds of things, and any tour would probably take place in the three-month promo gap between the DT album's completion and its eventual release.

Definitely doable. Doesn't preclude anything. But I still think Mangini's the more likely candidate.

Minnemann's my preference, though, so hey!

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #1496 on: December 30, 2010, 07:58:33 AM »
Yeah, the schedules don't conflict. He's finished recording with PTSD by the sounds of things, and any tour would probably take place in the three-month promo gap between the DT album's completion and its eventual release.

Definitely doable. Doesn't preclude anything. But I still think Mangini's the more likely candidate.

Minnemann's my preference, though, so hey!

I like Minnemann a lot too, but I am sure whoever it is, he/she will be awesome.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1497 on: December 30, 2010, 08:03:03 AM »
I like Minnemann a lot too, but I am sure whoever it is, he/she will be awesome.

As noble as your intentions are...that really isn't necessary. :P
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline bloop

• The opadismo
  • Mobilizing to contribute to the alliance
« Reply #1498 on: December 30, 2010, 08:04:54 AM »
Still holding hope out for Ringo  :lol

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #1499 on: December 30, 2010, 08:07:33 AM »

Uh...OK... :chill

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #1500 on: December 30, 2010, 08:33:33 AM »

I don't think he meant that in a "THAT IS NOT NECESSARY YOUNG MAN" kinda way, just like a "Yeah i'm pretty sure there's no chance of it being a woman"
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #1501 on: December 30, 2010, 08:41:26 AM »

I don't think he meant that in a "THAT IS NOT NECESSARY YOUNG MAN" kinda way, just like a "Yeah i'm pretty sure there's no chance of it being a woman"

Probably not, but you never know. Plus I don't want to leave anyone out.

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #1502 on: December 30, 2010, 08:43:03 AM »
When (or at this point, if) the new drummer is announced, it would be cool if they let us know why it took so long.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #1503 on: December 30, 2010, 08:47:31 AM »
When (or at this point, if) the new drummer is announced, it would be cool if they let us know why it took so long.

I agree.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1504 on: December 30, 2010, 08:48:10 AM »
It hasn't taken "so long."  This is pretty normal.  It's just that you have people posting about it every day on the Internet instead of just not thinking about it and focusing on other things in your life.