23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1059216 times)

Offline LTE777

Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #1400 on: December 28, 2010, 02:44:13 AM »
Also, looks like Marco's Guest Book on his site has been hijacked by some imposters pretending to be MP, JR, JP and JLB congratulating him on getting the gig.

There are some sad people out there....

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #1401 on: December 28, 2010, 02:46:57 AM »
Eh, I'm not too surprised about this, to be honest. Anonymity carries such things like nothing else.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline LTE777

« Reply #1402 on: December 28, 2010, 02:55:48 AM »
Good point...

Last post from me, if this isnt the next DT drummer then they obviously made some kind of serious mistake  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah5-kYva_8c&feature=fvw

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #1403 on: December 28, 2010, 07:23:06 AM »
The one reality for me from watching all these videos of various drummers is there are so many great ones out there. Finding a guy talent wise is easy, its finding someone that fits in well that's important. One thing is certain, DT will have a great drummer no matter what.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #1404 on: December 28, 2010, 07:34:20 AM »
Wait, people still have guestbooks on their websites?

Offline rmp0012002

« Reply #1405 on: December 28, 2010, 07:44:40 AM »
Been a DT a long time but just recently found this board.  While I prefer Lang I think it will be Marco or Mangini, only because they have collaborated with various members of DT in the past.  Saying that, I think Marco or Lang bring more to the band as far as songwriting.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1406 on: December 28, 2010, 07:53:16 AM »
Been a DT a long time but just recently found this board.  While I prefer Lang I think it will be Marco or Mangini, only because they have collaborated with various members of DT in the past.  Saying that, I think Marco or Lang bring more to the band as far as songwriting.
Welcome to the board!

:tick2:

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1407 on: December 28, 2010, 08:15:45 AM »
Same here! I think if all DT wants to do is replace Mike Portnoy for solid playing and stage presence, then Mike Mangini would be there guy.  If they want to replace him with the JR of the Drum world, then I beleive Marco is their guy.

Originally I was leaning towards Mike Mangini but that has now shifted towards Minneman.

I agree with this.

Offline Leorimus

« Reply #1408 on: December 28, 2010, 08:52:25 AM »
Just saw this clip from Marco, it's really progressive, it kind of reminds me of ELP. I can just imagine DT doing an instrumental a la Dance of Eternity with Marco... I guess one can dream. :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoFqS2X2v54&feature=related

and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCK-_VfGvtI&feature=related

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1409 on: December 28, 2010, 08:56:34 AM »
Same here! I think if all DT wants to do is replace Mike Portnoy for solid playing and stage presence, then Mike Mangini would be there guy.  If they want to replace him with the JR of the Drum world, then I beleive Marco is their guy.

Originally I was leaning towards Mike Mangini but that has now shifted towards Minneman.

I agree with this.
Is there a choice that would upset you? I will be ok with whomever they choose.

:tick2:

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1410 on: December 28, 2010, 09:05:04 AM »
Nope, no choice will upset me (lol at the word upset...MY HEART IS BROKEN OH WHY DT lol).

I mean, DT is DT. MP != DT, and while the music will obviously change (like it was going to anyway), I am just excited to see a new drummer's presence in the band, to see what it's like. I'm just looking forward to more DT, no matter what preferences I have for a new drummer.

So, if they want a drummer that will play MP's role in writing music, I'm fine with that (as I loved BC&SL). If they really wanna turn their music on their heads and prove that DT does not equal MP, then that's awesome, too. I don't like to get hung up about those things, because why should it? It's just music at the end of the day, and what happens happens; it's beyond my control. Speculating is nice, but it does take time away from sometimes simply enjoying the music.

That was longer than I thought it would be. :tard

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1411 on: December 28, 2010, 09:11:34 AM »
I really will be a tad dissapointed if its not Marco, I think his style and sound is great

if not, then bring me my Zombie back!!
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline TheKillingHand

« Reply #1412 on: December 28, 2010, 09:13:31 AM »
Realistically I don't think that their next album will be radically different from their last ones, regardless of what drummer they choose. They have gained a huge amount of fans and success in the past 5 years so I don't think they'll deviate too far. That said though, it is interesting to hear that James Labrie (or was it Petrucci?) recently said something to the effect of "we do have a specific idea of what kind of album it will be, but this will all be revealed in time".
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 09:21:12 AM by TheKillingHand »

Offline Leorimus

« Reply #1413 on: December 28, 2010, 09:28:16 AM »
This was just posted on Blabbermouth... I know it's Blabbermouth and thruth is they say nothing about where the rumor originates... So take it with a grain of salt.

https://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=151559

The wording on this part of the BM news bit reads like it was take off a press release though:

"Not only is Minnemann a world-class drumming innovator, having brought stunned audiences to their feet at most every major drum festival in the world, but he is also a musical renaissance man. His eclectic musical skills include composing, producing, and engineering, as well as being a multi-instrumentalist on guitar, bass, keyboards, and vocals. Minnemann has seven multi-faceted solo recordings to his name, along with several outstanding recordings with his former band, ILLEGAL ALIENS, and numerous recordings as a sideman and producer, working with such artists as Paul Gilbert (MR. BIG), Mike Keneally (FRANK ZAPPA) and European superstar Nina Hagen."

« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 09:39:36 AM by Leorimus »

Offline TheKillingHand

« Reply #1414 on: December 28, 2010, 09:32:41 AM »
Yeah I'd definitely take that with a grain of salt. Blabbermouth will try splice anything together to make a 'headline'

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #1415 on: December 28, 2010, 09:40:35 AM »
This was just posted on Blabbermouth... I know it's Blabbermouth and thruth is they say nothing about where the rumor originates... So take it with a grain of salt.

https://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=151559

The wording on this part of the BM news bit reads like it was take off a press release though:

"Not only is Minnemann a world-class drumming innovator, having brought stunned audiences to their feet at most every major drum festival in the world, but he is also a musical renaissance man. His eclectic musical skills include composing, producing, and engineering, as well as being a multi-instrumentalist on guitar, bass, keyboards, and vocals. Minnemann has seven multi-faceted solo recordings to his name, along with several outstanding recordings with his former band, ILLEGAL ALIENS, and numerous recordings as a sideman and producer, working with such artists as Paul Gilbert (MR. BIG), Mike Keneally (FRANK ZAPPA) and European superstar Nina Hagen."

Beat me too it.

I am waiting for an official announcement.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1416 on: December 28, 2010, 09:42:08 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1417 on: December 28, 2010, 09:42:54 AM »
I know blabbermouth is known to print just about anything, but what gets me is the site is run by Roadrunner Records which DT is signed too. Why would RR allow this stuff about one of their own bands if there wasn't some truth in it.
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #1418 on: December 28, 2010, 09:59:17 AM »
I know blabbermouth is known to print just about anything, but what gets me is the site is run by Roadrunner Records which DT is signed too. Why would RR allow this stuff about one of their own bands if there wasn't some truth in it.

This is what I'm thinkin.

I like Minnemann's playing much more than Mangini's though, so I'd be happy if it's real.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1419 on: December 28, 2010, 10:00:00 AM »
Time to unlock Aniland's thread! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1420 on: December 28, 2010, 10:01:56 AM »
I will be happy...I never liked mangini's playing..

this is looking quite positive!!
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #1421 on: December 28, 2010, 10:06:35 AM »

There is a disclaimer on the blabbermouth website:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET is run and operated independently of Roadrunner Records. The accuracy of the information contained herein is neither confirmed nor guaranteed by Roadrunner Records, and the views and opinions of authors expressed on these pages do not necessarily state or reflect those of Roadrunner Records or its employees.

Although, I am not saying that there is not anything to this rumor, but it is still just a rumor until DT announces it.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1422 on: December 28, 2010, 10:07:54 AM »
This is one rumor I hope to be 100% true.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1423 on: December 28, 2010, 10:09:39 AM »
I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1424 on: December 28, 2010, 10:21:36 AM »
Neither would I.  But that article really bothers me.  Technically, everything in it is accurate, but it is spun in a way that implies quite a few things that are NOT true.  Keep in mind that, at this stage, that information is strictly rumor.  See announcement here:  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=19463.0
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1425 on: December 28, 2010, 10:43:20 AM »
We'll find out soon enough I guess. If there IS any merit to their "strong rumor", I think we'll get official word sometime in the next 2 days or so.

But in reality, I think they probably just read some thread on here and decided they'd stir up some excitement by announcing the rumor.  :lol

Offline bloop

• The opadismo
  • Mobilizing to contribute to the alliance
« Reply #1426 on: December 28, 2010, 10:51:47 AM »
https://gunshyassassin.com/news/does-dream-theater-have-a-new-drummer/
"This rumor is going to end up being true, folks, because I heard it some time ago, and now Blabbermouth is reporting it. That means that shit is true"
 :facepalm:

Offline Jalis

• ... I play bass... 4-string bass...
« Reply #1427 on: December 28, 2010, 10:56:14 AM »
https://gunshyassassin.com/news/does-dream-theater-have-a-new-drummer/
"This rumor is going to end up being true, folks, because I heard it some time ago, and now Blabbermouth is reporting it. That means that shit is true"
 :facepalm:

:rollin

hahahaha... Barack Obama is white... Stevie Wonder said it himself... Ergo ... its true...  ;D
I almost play like JMX

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #1428 on: December 28, 2010, 11:03:13 AM »
lolblabbermouth

Also, that sticky thread got me excited for a second. :lol
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1429 on: December 28, 2010, 11:04:19 AM »
lolblabbermouth

Also, that sticky thread got me excited for a second. :lol

Yeah, that thread title is really misleading from the front page....  :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1430 on: December 28, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »
I specifically tried my hardest to make it NOT misleading by adding "nothing yet" to the title.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1431 on: December 28, 2010, 11:07:49 AM »
I specifically tried my hardest to make it NOT mismeading by adding "nothing yet" to the title.

..umm..it didn't work.. :D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1432 on: December 28, 2010, 11:08:26 AM »
:lol  Apparently not. 

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1433 on: December 28, 2010, 11:09:37 AM »
I specifically tried my hardest to make it NOT mismeading by adding "nothing yet" to the title.

You can't see that from the front page though. :p Maybe put "No" at the very beginning of the thread title? Because from the forum index you only see the first half of the thread title.  :lol

EDIT - Actually, nevermind, it won't be showing up on the index anymore anyways since no one can post in it. :p

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1434 on: December 28, 2010, 11:11:43 AM »
I'll only add "No" if the whole sentence can be "No, neither Six Degrees nor Octavarium are concept albums."