23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1058909 times)

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #1155 on: December 16, 2010, 09:53:52 AM »
The Band Formerly Known As Dream Theater (feat. John Myung)
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #1156 on: December 16, 2010, 09:54:23 AM »
Dream Theatre is the clear choice.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline icarus4321

« Reply #1157 on: December 16, 2010, 09:57:00 AM »

Yep, you beat me too it.
Please check out our band, Agora Forte, www.reverbnation.com/agoraforte

My last.fm Profile

Offline SixDegrees

« Reply #1158 on: December 16, 2010, 09:58:41 AM »
I prefer Nicky Lemons and the Migraines, myself.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1159 on: December 16, 2010, 09:59:22 AM »
I like The Counts of Tuscany.

Offline Metabog

• Life Inhibitor
  • I like big biquads and I cannot lie.
« Reply #1160 on: December 16, 2010, 09:59:25 AM »

Yeah so all the British people I constantly bicker with over this can finally win.  :yeahright

Offline SixDegrees

« Reply #1161 on: December 16, 2010, 10:00:42 AM »
I like The Counts of Tuscany.

I'm willing to compromise. Which do you prefer, The Counts of Migraines or The Lemons of Tuscany?

Offline nineaxe

« Reply #1162 on: December 16, 2010, 10:03:52 AM »
Or just DT.

Offline Metabog

• Life Inhibitor
« Reply #1163 on: December 16, 2010, 10:05:56 AM »
The Dream Theaters.

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1164 on: December 16, 2010, 10:12:36 AM »
4 J's and a drummer

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1165 on: December 16, 2010, 10:19:08 AM »
Dream TheatRE
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bloop

• The opadismo
  • Mobilizing to contribute to the alliance
« Reply #1166 on: December 16, 2010, 10:22:08 AM »
Dream Theater presents: "Dream Theater"

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1167 on: December 16, 2010, 10:23:22 AM »
Who knows.  Hopefully we're all just blowing this out of proportion.
Oh really, you think?! :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #1168 on: December 16, 2010, 10:23:32 AM »
The Dream Theater Project.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline John94

« Reply #1169 on: December 16, 2010, 10:24:10 AM »
12+16+20+10 = 58.

Just saying.

Offline Metabog

• Life Inhibitor
« Reply #1170 on: December 16, 2010, 10:28:27 AM »
12+16+20+10 = 58.

Just saying.

2, 5, 29!

2^4 * 5 * 29 = 2320
2320/40 = 58

ZOMG PRIME NUGGETZZ

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1171 on: December 16, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »
12+16+20+10 = 58.

Just saying.

Well played sir. Well played.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #1172 on: December 16, 2010, 10:36:30 AM »
If they already have a contract accounting for band members that leave, I'm sure MP had a big say in this, and to now want to renegotiate because it now applies to him, is not cool (if that is what's happening).
If he thinks he has had a hard time of it up to now he better go into hiding if he takes the name. Surely though, this would be accounted for in a contract of some kind. And there are lots of statements from him saying he left, not saying he was fired.

I definately didn't want him to leave, and was shattered when he did (I've had relationship breakups that didn't hurt like that did), but now I don't want him back either.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #1173 on: December 16, 2010, 10:41:34 AM »
Agree with the above sentiment... him leaving was a huge shock, but after all this drama having him back might not be the greatest thing either..

It also worries me what A7X is going to do now that all this drama is taking place, too. I wish everything would get out in the open so we could just go back to enjoying the music.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1174 on: December 16, 2010, 10:48:15 AM »

I would lol so hard.  Too bad its not going to happen because MP isn't Roger Waters, and even Roger Waters couldn't take the name Pink Floyd away.

Offline nikostheater

« Reply #1175 on: December 16, 2010, 10:54:44 AM »
Well,Axl Rose took the name Guns N Roses with him.
I hope it's not a case like that.
Maybe it's just preperations for the announcement and we just have huge imagination here.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1176 on: December 16, 2010, 11:27:38 AM »
OK, guys, it's been 100 days and it's about time to get some good news. I'll go crazy.

Offline mentalny

• Croatia DT fan
« Reply #1177 on: December 16, 2010, 12:47:55 PM »
Where will Portnoy go now.. ?
Let the light surround you !

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1178 on: December 16, 2010, 12:54:26 PM »
Where will Portnoy go now.. ?
There's a thread in the General Music Discussion board about MP, this thread is about DT's new drummer.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline farren

« Reply #1179 on: December 16, 2010, 01:40:59 PM »
Please, stop with all this. He's not coming back. The website change was for legal reasons. If you are trying to hold someone up for "kicking" you out of something, it would be correct to avoid all appearences of self-implication.

If everything this man has suggested proves to be true in the following weeks, will his ban be lifted?

It's okay to speculate endlessly about something you have no clue about and not be banned. So why was this guy banned?  Because he didn't produce some kind of proof from the band backing him up?  He took enough of a risk speaking here as candidly as he did without getting the endorsement of JP (whose lips are tied for very obvious reasons during this transition).  I urge everyone to check his profile, read all of his past posts (you can skip the ones from religious/political threads), and see if you don't notice a consistency, with a tinge of vagueness to prevent starting an all-out shit-storm, that rings logical and plausible.  I'm not taking it as gospel, but it is certainly the most plausible explanation of everything we've seen in the past three months.

MP planned to tour "through 2011" with Avenged Sevenfold. That's no longer happening. MP, a workaholic (and I don't mean that in a derogatory way) subsequently makes "is sad" post and finds himself without a main band for the first time in his adult life. The official DT website falls, and Portnoy's biography is edited to suggest he still has a stake in DT (no longer just a founding member and "ex-drummer").  Draw your own conclusions from what little circumstantial evidence we have, but remember what JP's brother-in-law has said in the upcoming weeks.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1180 on: December 16, 2010, 01:46:30 PM »
Please, stop with all this. He's not coming back. The website change was for legal reasons. If you are trying to hold someone up for "kicking" you out of something, it would be correct to avoid all appearences of self-implication.

When everything this man has suggested proves to be true in the following weeks, will his ban be lifted?

It's okay to speculate endlessly about something you have no clue about and not be banned. So why was this guy banned?  Because he didn't produce some kind of proof from the band backing him up?  He took enough of a risk speaking here as candidly as he did without getting the endorsement of JP (whose lips are tied for very obvious reasons during this transition).  I urge everyone to check his profile, read all of his past posts (you can skip the ones from religious/political threads), and see if you don't notice a consistency, with a tinge of vagueness to prevent starting an all-out shit-storm, that rings logical and plausible.  I'm not taking it as gospel, but it is certainly the most plausible explanation of everything we've seen in the past three months.

MP planned to tour "through 2011" with Avenged Sevenfold. That's no longer happening. MP, a workaholic (and I don't mean that in a derogatory way) subsequently makes "is sad" post and finds himself without a main band for the first time in his adult life. The official DT website falls, and Portnoy's biography is edited to suggest he still has a stake in DT (no longer just a founding member and "ex-drummer").  Draw your own conclusions from what little circumstantial evidence we have, but remember what JP's brother-in-law has said in the upcoming weeks.

There's a difference between speculating and stating something as fact.  There's also a difference between stating something as fact without evidence and criticizing people for not believing what you're stating despite no evidence.  His posts were the latter.

Offline phentalmyst

« Reply #1181 on: December 16, 2010, 01:48:55 PM »

When everything this man has suggested proves to be true in the following weeks, will his ban be lifted?

Offline John94

« Reply #1182 on: December 16, 2010, 01:49:40 PM »
I'm surprised no one has put down "sucking on his pipe" for a new name.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #1183 on: December 16, 2010, 01:55:45 PM »
Legal issues could be a possibility, but I don't think that it's very likely. Also, there's another vote for "no" to MP returning from my side.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1184 on: December 16, 2010, 01:57:57 PM »
There's a difference between speculating and stating something as fact.  There's also a difference between stating something as fact without evidence and criticizing people for not believing what you're stating despite no evidence.  His posts were the latter.

This.  Not to mention he attacked of a former member (MP), claiming that he was holding up the band based on legal issues, claiming he was JP's brother-in-law, and outright refused to give proof to either of these claims.  Attacking or bashing a past or present member of DT is against the rules, and he couldn't even find a picture at JP's wedding or something that no one else had to prove his "identity."  Trolling at its finest man.  Don't take everything you see on the Internet from "some guy of importance" as fact.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #1185 on: December 16, 2010, 01:58:56 PM »
I'm surprised no one has put down "sucking on his pipe" for a new name.
The Historians.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline farren

« Reply #1186 on: December 16, 2010, 02:03:29 PM »
This.  Not to mention he attacked of a former member (MP), claiming that he was holding up the band based on legal issues, claiming he was JP's brother-in-law, and outright refused to give proof to either of these claims.  Attacking or bashing a past or present member of DT is against the rules, and he couldn't even find a picture at JP's wedding or something that no one else had to prove his "identity."  Trolling at its finest man.  Don't take everything you see on the Internet from "some guy of importance" as fact.

Nostalgic defensiveness at its finest.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1187 on: December 16, 2010, 02:07:05 PM »

Nostalgic defensiveness at its finest.

You have a grand total of 3 posts and already I'm tired of you.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #1188 on: December 16, 2010, 02:12:14 PM »

This.  Not to mention he attacked of a former member (MP), claiming that he was holding up the band based on legal issues, claiming he was JP's brother-in-law, and outright refused to give proof to either of these claims.  Attacking or bashing a past or present member of DT is against the rules, and he couldn't even find a picture at JP's wedding or something that no one else had to prove his "identity."  Trolling at its finest man.  Don't take everything you see on the Internet from "some guy of importance" as fact.
Maybe I'm going soft, but while you are correct, I've also seen quite a few genuine "people of importance" shouted down as impostors by smug internet nerds.

I remember a few years ago, when Octavarium was about due for release, and some fella on DT.net insisted that he'd heard it and shared a few tidbits.

He was addressed very rudely, and eventually he left, saying something along the lines of "you'll be laughing on the other side of your faces when you listen to the title track and hear James LaBrie screaming 'TRAPPED INSIDE THIS OCTAVARIUM'."

Seem to recall it was met with general eyerolling. "Don't let the door hit you on the way out," kinda thing.

Trolls exist. But so do people who genuinely know things. While I do agree that you shouldn't take everything on the internet posted by "some guy of importance" as a fact, I also think it's worth listening carefully to rumours, and I'd also say that you shouldn't file everything on the internet under "bollocks." I usually take note and put it in a "that's interesting" folder.

Sometimes you can tell the difference. Ainomotore's in the "maybe" pile in my book. Although I do have to admit farren's in the "possible ainomotore" pile. But I have been wrong about things like that before. Often am, in fact. Plus I'm knackered right now, so hey. My judgment's not spectacular.

Offline metalpete

« Reply #1189 on: December 16, 2010, 02:16:18 PM »
Google ainamotore's  name and you find som spanish speaking DT fan's youtube channel..........so I don't know how much I belive this guy. Or I could be mistaken.