23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1058762 times)

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #945 on: December 10, 2010, 10:50:53 PM »
 :corn
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 01:17:01 AM by Perpetual Change »

Offline Pumpkin Pie

• starving musician
« Reply #946 on: December 10, 2010, 10:51:55 PM »
Holy shit Adami I just saw your post count.....wow, do you have a life other than the forum?

Dude.

Damn, that was fast! Not a troll, sorry to disappoint, just amazed at your post count that's all...

Listen, I'm really sorry that I don't think your AS guy is the best drummer in the world. But you do NOT have to get personal with me.

If you continue to act like that around here, you wont last very long.

Look dude, first off I'm not getting personal or attacking you. Better let that shit go; this is the internet. People have opinions. People are going to comment on each other's opinions. I saw yours, and answered with mine. That's the way it goes. While I disagree with yours, I am not getting wound up over it. I'm not imposing anything on you at all, nor am I attacking you. Also, don't warn me on how to act as if I'm your kid or something; I'm not acting in any way that is out of the ordinary, this is a discussion board.....and if I don't last long, it's quite alright; it ain't going to break my heart.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #947 on: December 10, 2010, 10:53:45 PM »
"that's quite a dumb statement" and implying that I spend all of my time on here and have no life......simply because I don't think AP should be in DT isn't how discussions work around here.

And you might actually be my kid. Who's your mom? Did I hit that?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline kartmaze2

• DTF Cybernetician
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #948 on: December 10, 2010, 10:55:12 PM »
 :corn

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #949 on: December 10, 2010, 10:55:26 PM »
Look dude, first off I'm not getting personal or attacking you. Better let that shit go; this is the internet.

Yeah Adami. This guy is the authority on what the internet is all about. You better get that straight.

Offline Pumpkin Pie

• starving musician
« Reply #950 on: December 10, 2010, 10:56:16 PM »
"that's quite a dumb statement" and implying that I spend all of my time on here and have no life......simply because I don't think AP should be in DT isn't how discussions work around here.

And you might actually be my kid. Who's your mom? Did I hit that?

Probably not, but you never know  :P

At any rate, note taken. 'Preciates it.

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #951 on: December 10, 2010, 10:58:03 PM »
I like how the troll keeps trying to redeem herself in some way only to come back with more outlandish statements. And in only 5 posts. That's interesting.

Online Adami

« Reply #952 on: December 10, 2010, 10:58:53 PM »
I like how the troll keeps trying to redeem herself in some way only to come back with more outlandish statements. And in only 5 posts. That's interesting.

Her?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #953 on: December 10, 2010, 10:59:37 PM »
lol whoops, he reminded me of a woman trying to talk a man down.

Online Adami

« Reply #954 on: December 10, 2010, 11:00:42 PM »
lol whoops, he reminded me of a woman trying to talk a man down.

If it were a woman I would have played it cool in the attempts to hit it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #955 on: December 10, 2010, 11:01:44 PM »
Dang, maybe the troll is right, you need to get a life :neverusethis:

Online Adami

« Reply #956 on: December 10, 2010, 11:02:40 PM »
Dang, maybe the troll is right, you need to get a life :neverusethis:

Oh I totally need to get a life. Doesn't make getting a life any easier though.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Pumpkin Pie

• starving musician
« Reply #957 on: December 10, 2010, 11:02:45 PM »

I like how you're a typical "prog nerd" who spends all his time on this forum, and has names for normal people like me who occasionally stop by. I like how you measure your self-worth by your post count; the way you put "noobs" down by trying to intimidate them, while only coming across like someone who has way too much time on their hands, as a result of a sad life. God forbid there are lots of different types of DT fans, with different opinions. I also like how you support your "buddies" on this forum, as if you actually give a shit. I like that, nice going. I like how you think I need to redeem myself, or "earn" your respect.

Online Adami

« Reply #958 on: December 10, 2010, 11:04:23 PM »
I feel like I just gave Jimmy aids.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #959 on: December 10, 2010, 11:07:41 PM »
Dang, you made me realize how sad my life really is. I'ma go cry now, Adami hold me and tell me it's gonna...it's gonna be alright. :'(

By the way, I welcome "n00bs", but not trolls. Big difference. In short, you do not attempt to earn any respect (I take it you didn't read the rules) and you start posting and trolling a single thread with comments that belittle other members. Of course others are going to harp on you.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #960 on: December 10, 2010, 11:07:53 PM »
We may spend too much time on the internet, Pumpkin Pie. But if you're going to hang around, it's best not to stand in the doorway personally insulting everyone who has a disagreement with you.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 11:21:17 PM by Perpetual Change »

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #961 on: December 10, 2010, 11:09:20 PM »
Yes! I am no longer at the bottom of the pile of members on this forum! Thanks to our new guy
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #962 on: December 10, 2010, 11:10:31 PM »
Pumpkin Pie, you're a really cool guy.  I'm so glad we have a noob as calm, thoughtful, and well-spoken as you are.

As for AP, he's all right.  Don't see anything really special, and it actually is a logical argument to not assume a drummer can do anything because they're focused in one genre.  Say you have a really good latin drummer.  Could they jump into a super-prog band like King Crimson or Unexpect?  Probably not.  Actually, the only way I could really see a drummer who's really great in one style excel in all the others is a jazz drummer.  AP is no jazz drummer from what I've seen.  I've already mentioned who I'd rather see behind the drum kit of DT, won't mention it again to keep from sounding like a broken record.

@SystematicThought: I don't recall you doing anything outlandish or disrespectful that put you at the bottom of the noob pile.  You're all right in my book unless someone shows me why you shouldn't be.

Offline j

« Reply #963 on: December 10, 2010, 11:12:44 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Punkin Pie! :metal

-J

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #964 on: December 10, 2010, 11:14:08 PM »
I may have created a few threads that were rather... stupid and generally don't talk to anyone on the forum, therefore have never really felt comfortable posting here
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #965 on: December 10, 2010, 11:16:26 PM »
I was the same way once.  My first thread was a horrible attempt to copy RobWebster's genius "DT misheard" video with "Constant Motion," where I actually had no idea what they were saying  :lol.  It gets better, just takes time, maturity, and good posts.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #966 on: December 11, 2010, 12:04:40 AM »
Pumpkin Pie, Adami, and James, you all get a week off for flaming, baiting, and derailing the thread with pointless bickering.  PC, by sticking your nose in the middle of it, accusing someone of being a troll, and postin that .gif, you are one step away yourself.  If someone is breaking the rules, report them.  Don't fan the flames if you want to stay out of trouble. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #967 on: December 11, 2010, 01:20:09 AM »
Eek.

Anyway, I'm gonna be honest right here: I don't really notice what drummers do all that much, so it actually makes little difference to me now. But I'm expecting Mangini to get the job any day now.

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #968 on: December 11, 2010, 02:36:34 AM »
Jordan's Tweet:

"Looking forward to being surrounded by keyboards and jammin with drummer Marco Minnemann and Daniel J on december 15th. www.bandcrashers.com"

Can the name of the drummer be a hint at all?

Offline Ħ

« Reply #969 on: December 11, 2010, 02:38:16 AM »
It means that he's definitely in the running.

Basically all the evidence points to either him or Mangini.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #970 on: December 11, 2010, 02:39:26 AM »
I thought this last night:

What if they got both a new drummer and a second guitar player?

I know that's totally not what we are expecting, but MP leaving wasn't expected either.

Reactions?
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #971 on: December 11, 2010, 02:49:12 AM »
I thought this last night:

What if they got both a new drummer and a second guitar player?

I know that's totally not what we are expecting, but MP leaving wasn't expected either.

Reactions?

a second guitar player? No way man... just dont see it happening :) I dont have any reasons to back it up or anything but there is just no way :D

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #972 on: December 11, 2010, 02:54:50 AM »
Well, let's say MM is the new drummer, and Jordan's announcement is really the big announcement of the new drummer.

(No way they'd do that though, but you'll never know)

So JR and MM play that show, and all of a sudden the other DT guys come on. Wouldn't be an implausible situation.
But then we'd have Daniel J, just sitting there. See what I mean?

On the other hand, what I do think that happened is some musical chemistry between Jordan and Marco during the auditions, and they just decided to play together once.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #973 on: December 11, 2010, 02:58:38 AM »
Actually now that I think about it, Jordan is saying he is "looking forward" to jamming with Minnemann...  Possibly Minnemann was NOT one of the people that auditioned because if he was then they already jammed a bunch of times when he did audition.  From the sound of the tweet, it seems like they never jammed before OR they jammed a really long time ago.

Idk i think i might be over analyzing, i gotta stop before I go too far...  

thoughts?

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #974 on: December 11, 2010, 03:00:58 AM »
I don't think that DT would get a second guitarist. JP has stated that he doesn't really want to have a second guitarist by his side, so I'm sure we could rule it out.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #975 on: December 11, 2010, 03:21:38 AM »
Why would they need a second guitarist when they already have God on guitar?
Oh and a bassplayer that doubles the guitars and a keyboard player who spends most of his time sounding like a guitar!

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #976 on: December 11, 2010, 03:41:05 AM »
I don't think that DT would get a second guitarist. JP has stated that he doesn't really want to have a second guitarist by his side, so I'm sure we could rule it out.
This.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Raziel666

• Infinite Moonloops
« Reply #977 on: December 11, 2010, 03:41:54 AM »
If Minnemann is the chosen one (and that's a big IF there...), then JR's excitement to jam with him might be coming from the overall excitement all the DT members are feeling right now about their new drummer. (hm, okay, I forgot about JMX, but how would we know about his point of view? :p)

Also, since it's a jamming situation, something for the DT 11 album might come from this jamming! ;)
(again, supposing that Minnemann is the one...)

In case Minnemann has auditioned and wasn't chosen or hasn't auditioned at all, I can understand JR's excitement - should be fun to jam with fantastic players outside of your regular band! :)

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #978 on: December 11, 2010, 04:00:37 AM »
Maybe Minnemann is not the chosen one, but because he is such a great player, Jordan wanted to do something with him, since he won't be able to work with him in DT. 

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #979 on: December 11, 2010, 05:07:10 AM »
Pumpkin Pie, Adami, and James, you all get a week off for flaming, baiting, and derailing the thread with pointless bickering.  PC, by sticking your nose in the middle of it, accusing someone of being a troll, and postin that .gif, you are one step away yourself.  If someone is breaking the rules, report them.  Don't fan the flames if you want to stay out of trouble. 

Argh, my bad, but here comes the ban.