23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1059229 times)

Offline TL

Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #805 on: December 07, 2010, 05:37:49 PM »
About those MP backing vocals, DT could do like Kamelot does live and bring some back-up singers, that way quality background vocals will be no problem, if Kamelot can afford to bring these singers on tour, I'm sure DT could too.

The only thing is I personally don't dig these background singers being on stage with the band... It doesn't seem that "metal"
Yeah. While bringing in additional singers for the occasional thing like LSFNY or DSOTM is fine, I wouldn't want it to be a regular thing.

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #806 on: December 07, 2010, 06:03:06 PM »
The only thing is I personally don't dig these background singers being on stage with the band... It doesn't seem that "metal"

Unless it's Mikael

Offline Tunnel Vision

« Reply #807 on: December 07, 2010, 06:21:30 PM »
Why does it looks like he is bleeding in that picture?

Offline robwebster

« Reply #808 on: December 07, 2010, 06:24:20 PM »
Because he's bleeding in that picture.

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #809 on: December 07, 2010, 06:34:03 PM »
Bloodbath.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #810 on: December 07, 2010, 07:08:41 PM »
I think it's funny how people actually want a drummer who can handle Mike's vocals.  :P

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #811 on: December 08, 2010, 04:47:07 AM »
That's a great Bloodbath pic.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #812 on: December 08, 2010, 08:17:51 AM »
I was thinking this morning that a cool way to announce the new DT drummer would be for the band to post a video of themselves playing through a song or two with the new drummer.  Jordan is such a big video guy that he could do it easily.  Just an idea.  It could be a cool, fun, modern way to unveil the new drummer to fans instead of just posting a news release. 
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline John94

« Reply #813 on: December 08, 2010, 08:24:18 AM »
A vokle session with some hype beforehand is what I would do. It would probably cause the site to crash but still, I love JRs Vokle.

Offline Stoneyman

« Reply #814 on: December 08, 2010, 09:14:29 AM »
Yea, an edited 1 minute TEASER clip of DT jamming with the new guy to a few DT classics and maybe even a new riff or two would absolutely SLAY!  We see just enough to learn who the new guy is and maybe a few shots of him nailing some of MP's stuff.  Then we all wait to see more when the new stuff comes out.

Like Red said:  "I HOPE"

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #815 on: December 08, 2010, 09:28:32 AM »
Yea, an edited 1 minute TEASER clip of DT jamming with the new guy to a few DT classics and maybe even a new riff or two would absolutely SLAY!  We see just enough to learn who the new guy is and maybe a few shots of him nailing some of MP's stuff.  Then we all wait to see more when the new stuff comes out.

What if we aren't shown who the new drummer is? JR could make a huge tease out of it (which doesn't necessarily mean that he would).
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #816 on: December 08, 2010, 10:32:55 AM »

What if we aren't shown who the new drummer is? JR could make a huge tease out of it (which doesn't necessarily mean that he would).

Oh, I hope he doesn't, that'd suck, lol. I don't think he would though.....but.........

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Offline T-ski

« Reply #817 on: December 08, 2010, 02:51:28 PM »
I was thinking this morning that a cool way to announce the new DT drummer would be for the band to post a video of themselves playing through a song or two with the new drummer.  Jordan is such a big video guy that he could do it easily.  Just an idea.  It could be a cool, fun, modern way to unveil the new drummer to fans instead of just posting a news release. 

it would cooler if they just posted a video clip with the new drummer without announcing who it is and see how long it takes for us to catch on.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #818 on: December 08, 2010, 02:57:36 PM »

it would cooler if they just posted a video clip with the new drummer without announcing who it is and see how long it takes for us to catch on.

Lol, they'd probably do that.  :lol

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #819 on: December 08, 2010, 02:58:57 PM »
Maybe that's what JR is doing with Minneman but with trickery!

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #820 on: December 08, 2010, 03:00:47 PM »
Maybe that's what JR is doing with Minneman but with trickery!

:dangerwillrobinson:

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #821 on: December 08, 2010, 03:57:46 PM »
I have heard from a very trustworthy source, that unfortunately Lang, Minnemann, Donati are out of the game.
I honestly don't know how the chosen one is, but it seems very likely we will be dissapointed, as this source says.
Maybe its Aquiles Priester, as some rumors said, but until the official announcement its still uncertain.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #822 on: December 08, 2010, 04:00:02 PM »
I have heard from a very trustworthy source, that unfortunately Lang, Minnemann, Donati are out of the game.
I honestly don't know how the chosen one is, but it seems very likely we will be dissapointed, as this source says.
Maybe its Aquiles Priester, as some rumors said, but until the official announcement its still uncertain.

Can we try to cut down on posts like this?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #823 on: December 08, 2010, 04:01:30 PM »
I hate posts like that... it makes me down about following Lang so closely. And what is the nature of the source... what does he do
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #824 on: December 08, 2010, 04:03:34 PM »
i hope to be proven wrong. This information comes from a magazine editor (rock hard) who has connections with the band.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #825 on: December 08, 2010, 04:24:44 PM »
The speculation is just getting stupid now. 

" We can basically say that these people aren't going to drum for DT, I have it on great authority that this is true, but of course we actually know nothing because anything can happen on the day they make their announcement making everything I just said null and void."

If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #826 on: December 08, 2010, 04:34:13 PM »
I'm just saying what i've heard. Sorry if it is annoying, feel free to delete it.
What i said is that this source claimed that none of the names we heard-hoped (Lang, Minnemann, Donati) is the name of the drummer.
Unfortunately, he wants to keep the name secret.
That's all, and i am sorry if i annoyed you with my post ;)

Offline TL

« Reply #827 on: December 08, 2010, 04:37:35 PM »
Hey guys, I just heard from a totally reliable anonymous source that goes to the same grocery store as JP's barber that they've decided not to go with any of the 7 who auditioned, and instead are going to just use old clips of MP, including stock footage of him for live performances. I swear, it's totally reliable, and not at all a bunch of bullshit I'm making up to get attention.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #828 on: December 08, 2010, 04:49:33 PM »
I'm just saying what i've heard. Sorry if it is annoying, feel free to delete it.
What i said is that this source claimed that none of the names we heard-hoped (Lang, Minnemann, Donati) is the name of the drummer.

Well, your source didn't discount Mangini, as Rumborak has claimed to have heard. So perhaps there's a correlation there.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #829 on: December 08, 2010, 04:54:27 PM »
All I'm saying is that if you are going to present evidence or discount people, don't end it by saying, but we'll never know until they say so this might not even be the case.  It completely throws away your credibility.  At least stand behind the stuff you say.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline Nic35

• Which seat can I take =/ ?
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #830 on: December 08, 2010, 04:54:44 PM »

Well, your source didn't discount Mangini, as Rumborak has claimed to have heard. So perhaps there's a correlation there.
Exactly what I thought. You guys should maybe take this seriously, since Rumbo isn't bullshitting us. Makes sense to me.
Jesus Christ himself* comes down amidst a choir of 2 billion angels singing Handel's Hallelujah chorus. As KrotchRaut shred randomly on guitars made of dragon bones using picks made from God's kidney stones, Jesus heals a blind woman who promptly gives birth onstage to a creation of pure light.

*Yes, Jesus Christ himself. Nothing less will do.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #831 on: December 08, 2010, 06:36:50 PM »
MP actually did get better with backup singing as the years went by.  I wish they'd let James do all the vocals unless James suggested that Mike sing it (which he did at some points), but if the new drummer had a decent voice I'd be okay with them doing live backup vocals, or they could give Rudess another thing to do on stage.  I mean, JP isn't the greatest singer in the world, they need SOMEONE else to do a bit of backup of they do backup vocals at all.

They should get a guy who plays guitar and sings.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #832 on: December 08, 2010, 06:52:47 PM »
No!  A guy who plays guitar, sings, and underperforms on solos like "Dark Matter" live!  Call John Wesley!  We have his next gig!

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #833 on: December 08, 2010, 07:42:03 PM »
I hate posts like that... it makes me down about following Lang so closely. And what is the nature of the source... what does he do

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #834 on: December 08, 2010, 08:19:36 PM »
No!  A guy who plays guitar, sings, and underperforms on solos like "Dark Matter" live!  Call John Wesley!  We have his next gig!

Nah bitch!

DT's guy will only play riffs. Petrucci will do all the soloing.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #835 on: December 08, 2010, 08:22:51 PM »
But then we'll never even hear JM live...

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #836 on: December 08, 2010, 08:33:46 PM »
All he does is double the guitar parts anyway!

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #837 on: December 08, 2010, 08:36:06 PM »
 :corn

Offline kirbywelch92

« Reply #838 on: December 08, 2010, 10:10:55 PM »
All he does is double the guitar parts anyway!

I see this resulting in DTF's first ever rape caught on video: Black C***s in Panty Linings.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #839 on: December 08, 2010, 10:15:56 PM »
I see this resulting in DTF's first ever rape caught on video: Black C***s in Panty Linings.
:lol :lol

A Nightrape to Remember
A C*** of Passage
With her
The Shattered Mattress
The Best of Times
The Mount of Tuscany