23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1057651 times)

Offline champbassist

Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #4585 on: April 16, 2011, 06:35:35 AM »
I have officially given up caring when the announcement will be. Didn't think that would happen a couple of months ago but you can keep people hanging too long and they have certainly done that.

hm. well you say you dont care,

yet you logged on to a dt forum and posted in a thread regarding the new drummer situation saying you don't care.

i politely disagree about your not caring. cuz if you didnt', you wouldnt be looking at this thread.

He probably doesn't care about your disagreeing, either.

On a related note, I don't even care whether I myself care. That's how frustrated I am about the whole situation  :angry:

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
« Reply #4586 on: April 16, 2011, 06:47:55 AM »
First time I have checked the thread in a month. That's how little I currently care.
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline redfish71

« Reply #4587 on: April 16, 2011, 07:02:26 AM »
had to join just to be a part of this thread.  i can die peacefully now.

first post.  dont know or care who the new drummer is gonna be, but i'd bet the next album is going to be killer.

Offline reo73

• Banned
« Reply #4588 on: April 16, 2011, 07:08:58 AM »
Don't want the drummer announced without being in on this thread. 

Offline dvargas

« Reply #4589 on: April 16, 2011, 07:36:10 AM »
I wasn't very familiar with mangini but have checked several videos over the past 6 months. The one thing I've found is that his cymbal work doesn't seem that strong.  If this is true segments like the instrrumental section in Nee Millenium are going to make me miss MP a lot. 

Offline Knguro

« Reply #4590 on: April 16, 2011, 09:29:57 AM »
I wasn't very familiar with mangini but have checked several videos over the past 6 months. The one thing I've found is that his cymbal work doesn't seem that strong.  If this is true segments like the instrrumental section in Nee Millenium are going to make me miss MP a lot. 

miss who?

ok guys have we realized that even though they havent make any official statements, we are really close to the first tour date? so logically it not gonna take more than 2 months more! otherwise it will be reallllly stupid been on tour with buckethead on drumms!
...Here before me is my soul, I'm learning to live...
And your English is just fine. :tup

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #4591 on: April 16, 2011, 09:40:42 AM »
I have officially given up caring when the announcement will be. Didn't think that would happen a couple of months ago but you can keep people hanging too long and they have certainly done that.

hm. well you say you dont care,

yet you logged on to a dt forum and posted in a thread regarding the new drummer situation saying you don't care.

i politely disagree about your not caring. cuz if you didnt', you wouldnt be looking at this thread.

He probably doesn't care about your disagreeing, either.

I was here anyway, and that's when I realised that I got waiting fatigue. That's a totally unrelated thing to reading what other people are saying about things.
I was checking this thread every day a while back- now weeks go by.
And hef, you're right! Even though I replied to the challenge...

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #4592 on: April 16, 2011, 01:14:25 PM »
I haven't cared in a while. I'm sorry but I think DT is doing themselves a disservice by not giving the fans much to chew on. As far as I can see, on this particular forum at least, interest in DT is the lowest it's been in a while

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4593 on: April 16, 2011, 01:22:21 PM »
I haven't cared in a while. I'm sorry but I think DT is doing themselves a disservice by not giving the fans much to chew on. As far as I can see, on this particular forum at least, interest in DT is the lowest it's been in a while

I don't think it's DT holding up the announcement and the as soon as it is announced this place will be buzzing.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline dongringo

« Reply #4594 on: April 16, 2011, 03:16:58 PM »
We get a new album soon. This is the best news that we could possibly get. There's nothing better than that, not even knowing who the drummer is...cough...Mike Mangini...
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #4595 on: April 16, 2011, 03:22:32 PM »
I gotta be honest, my own interest in DT has been higher than it has since the last album release, but all this dragging out has sucked me dry some.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4596 on: April 16, 2011, 03:44:28 PM »
I gotta be honest, my own interest in DT has been higher than it has since the last album release, but all this dragging out has sucked me dry some.

Same here...
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #4597 on: April 16, 2011, 06:24:48 PM »
I wonder, if it had been announced in January, how things would be around here, how people would be feeling...maybe the announcement of the drummer closer to the details of the album is seen as good by RR so people don't dismiss the album before it was even recorded? Who knows

Offline YtseJam

• EZBoard Elder
  • Your mom
« Reply #4598 on: April 17, 2011, 07:20:22 AM »
I think it's pretty obvious people are getting aggrivated with them. The last big news was MP split and they shut the door behind him. DT is nothing without it's fans and I think it's pretty obvious people want to know. Give your fans something to talk about since everyone is done speculating at this point.

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #4599 on: April 17, 2011, 08:14:02 AM »

they haven't really "dragged out anything". it's honestly been more of a legal delay. it's not like they are doing thing on purpose, you know?

and yah, i kinda agree this is seriously taking too long.

There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4600 on: April 17, 2011, 08:27:23 AM »
Well, my thought is, in the meantime they could give at least the US fans some sort of promise of tour dates or something. We know they're playing Europe. But what about us? We have nothing to look forward to except an album that's coming out sometime in the future. This is why I've lost interest in the band. I don't feel I have much to look forward to

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4601 on: April 17, 2011, 08:31:08 AM »
Legal difficulties might have been the reason in the beginning. At this point I'm pretty sure this is intentional. Maybe they thought they could carry over the impact of the announcement to create a bigger bang for the album release.
Either way, it's way too long.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline lithium112

« Reply #4602 on: April 17, 2011, 08:36:37 AM »
Well, my thought is, in the meantime they could give at least the US fans some sort of promise of tour dates or something. We know they're playing Europe. But what about us? We have nothing to look forward to except an album that's coming out sometime in the future. This is why I've lost interest in the band. I don't feel I have much to look forward to
Yeah man, I totally feel the same way. I bet they'll never play in North America again. And about that "album that's coming out sometime in the future"? That's probably a fake anyway. Nothing to look forward to in DT land. I've lost interest in the band and thrown away all of their CDs too, for good measure.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4603 on: April 17, 2011, 08:41:49 AM »
Not everybody has that undying support built in, lithium. About a week ago we hit the 7 month mark since MP's departure. I seriously wonder what they will have racked it up to by the time the news comes out.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4604 on: April 17, 2011, 08:44:02 AM »
Well, we are halfway through April, and their concerts start in June, I think.  So not much longer.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4605 on: April 17, 2011, 08:47:15 AM »
Yeah man, I totally feel the same way. I bet they'll never play in North America again. And about that "album that's coming out sometime in the future"? That's probably a fake anyway. Nothing to look forward to in DT land. I've lost interest in the band and thrown away all of their CDs too, for good measure.

not much =/= nothing

I'm interested in the songs they'll be playing live, but nothing more, really.

Oh, and I listen to a bunch of other bands. Excuse me if I don't listen to DT 24/7

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4606 on: April 17, 2011, 08:48:50 AM »

Yeah, you know, I've felt this way about a lot of bands. The US fans, for some reason, just seem to get shafted by metal bands. But Dream Theater aren't as bad as others, who just take off straight for Europe without paying any respect for their US fans.

Offline lithium112

« Reply #4607 on: April 17, 2011, 09:26:30 AM »
not much =/= nothing

I'm interested in the songs they'll be playing live, but nothing more, really.

Oh, and I listen to a bunch of other bands. Excuse me if I don't listen to DT 24/7
Regarding "not much =/= nothing", the third-last sentence you wrote "we have nothing to look forward to" and in your last sentence, you wrote that you don't "have much to look forward to"...

And in no way did I suggest that you should only listen to DT. I listen to lots of other bands as well. I'm not sure where you got that from.

I'm just saying that it's kind of silly to say that we have either "nothing" or "not much" to look forward to when we clearly know it's coming. Are they going to play in North America again? Definitely. Are they going to release a new CD? Yes. Are they going to reveal the new drummer at some point? Well.. probably. lol

Offline JPX

« Reply #4608 on: April 17, 2011, 09:49:06 AM »
Yeah man, I totally feel the same way. I bet they'll never play in North America again.

Is that actually a serious statement?

Offline ACID_FOX

• DTF's Offical Arctic Monkeys Fanboy.
  • But You're Just Fiction, And I'm A Twisted Boy.
« Reply #4609 on: April 17, 2011, 09:57:39 AM »
Yeah man, I totally feel the same way. I bet they'll never play in North America again.

What do you think? :lol
I only like ablums that I can xanascholithoun.

Offline JPX

« Reply #4610 on: April 17, 2011, 10:08:02 AM »

What do you think? :lol

:yarr

Offline lithium112

« Reply #4611 on: April 17, 2011, 11:01:24 AM »

Sorry, forgot my <sarcasm> tags :P

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4612 on: April 17, 2011, 11:10:29 AM »
Yeah in fairness Will, you were being pretty ridiculous. So NA tour dates haven't been announced, but I'm not sure why that's a problem, as though DT aren't going to be playing there again? We know there's a new album (which JR, JLB and JP have been updating us on the progress of) and we know that they are playing live shows soon. So at the very least you have the album to look forward to, and almost certainly some shows as well.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4613 on: April 17, 2011, 11:11:44 AM »

Sorry, forgot my <sarcasm> tags :P

Around here we use sarcasm green.
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #4614 on: April 17, 2011, 11:13:28 AM »
We already know who the new drummer is. Oh wait, it's unofficial, sorry. Nevermind then.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #4615 on: April 17, 2011, 11:54:26 AM »
We already know who the new drummer is. Oh wait, it's unofficial, sorry. Nevermind then.
We know nothing.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4616 on: April 17, 2011, 11:57:15 AM »
Does it matter if they said who it is? No. Because either way they're recording the album with their new drummer and we'll hear it soon.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4617 on: April 17, 2011, 12:14:40 PM »
We know nothing.

For some reason I read this in the voice of Rainier Wolfcastle.

Offline Cygnus7874

• Just Chillin
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4619 on: April 18, 2011, 09:56:55 AM »
Somewhere Major Thirteenth is smiling!

How can I get on the mailing list if I'm not on Facebook?

https://www.bravewords.com/news/160315
Bravewords posted the same thing, so this is NOT a figment of Blabbermouth's imagination.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol