23 (8.2%)
Derek Roddy
2 (0.7%)
Aquiles Priester
4 (1.4%)
emindead
21 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 271

Author Topic: Place your bets again - DT's next top model.  (Read 1055613 times)

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: Place your bets - DT's new drummer.
« Reply #4550 on: April 12, 2011, 10:07:44 AM »
I'd do the same thing.

But, maybe he is or isn't the drummer, if he auditioned maybe he's just playing around, going with the game of "are you the drummer?" (Say in voice of bird in "are you my mother?")
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline PraXis

« Reply #4551 on: April 12, 2011, 12:05:45 PM »
I'm still hoping it's Marco. I've been watching vids of him with Gilbert on YT all month!

Offline TheKillingHand

« Reply #4552 on: April 12, 2011, 12:43:14 PM »
Does anyone have a link to Mangini's facebook page? I can never find his real one..

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #4553 on: April 12, 2011, 01:25:39 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.mangini  I believe he's maxed out his friends though.

Offline dvargas

« Reply #4554 on: April 13, 2011, 03:32:46 PM »
2 things:

I did a search and couldn't find this posted. Mangini's new website will be up in May .... :-\

Also... I'm sure that this had been discussed -- though I want to know. It states that Mangini has already played with Dream Theater as with the band and dual drumming with MP. Can anyone tell me when /what / how?

thx

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #4555 on: April 13, 2011, 03:34:12 PM »
^he played as a guest one time, it has been discussed before. :tup

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4556 on: April 13, 2011, 05:48:00 PM »

MP & Thomas Lang

Offline emtee

« Reply #4557 on: April 14, 2011, 07:47:31 AM »
Still waiting for "when the time is right"

I guess "when the time is right" means sometime between when the album is done and their first show.

Offline Hal Incandenza

• AAAAAAAARGH!!!
« Reply #4558 on: April 14, 2011, 08:02:39 AM »

I guess "when the time is right" means sometime between when the album is done and their first show.

I expect it sometime in the second week of May.  Possibly the first week, but May 9th is my bet.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #4559 on: April 14, 2011, 08:09:05 AM »
I don't expect anything anymore. That way, the announcement will come as a positive surprise.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #4560 on: April 14, 2011, 01:47:51 PM »
I am so sick of this thread lol

Offline SixDegrees

« Reply #4561 on: April 14, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »

I know. It's just going to keep growing and growing and DT will never announce the new drummer and eventually the weight of the thread will be too much, and it'll form a black hole, and that will suck the earth into oblivion. Then there will be nothing left but dust (and the moon which inexplicably escaped the catastrophe), and a few tons of garbage and a Russian in a space station wondering what the fuck just happened, because he prefers country and hasn't even heard of DT. And one day aliens will arrive from another galaxy (the Russian will be long dead by then, of course) and they'll look at the black hole where all of our petty human lives once were until the day they trembled and collapsed like ruptured gossamer, and they'll see something deep inside the abyss, something indestructible that has somehow survived untold millennia of incredible gravitational forces, and their scientists will retrieve it and gaze on it with awe and horror; the one thing left behind to speak dumbly of the long-lost story of humanity.

And it'll be this fucking thread.

And a burned CD of 'Friday'.

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #4562 on: April 14, 2011, 02:18:52 PM »

I know. It's just going to keep growing and growing and DT will never announce the new drummer and eventually the weight of the thread will be too much, and it'll form a black hole, and that will suck the earth into oblivion. Then there will be nothing left but dust (and the moon which inexplicably escaped the catastrophe), and a few tons of garbage and a Russian in a space station wondering what the fuck just happened, because he prefers country and hasn't even heard of DT. And one day aliens will arrive from another galaxy (the Russian will be long dead by then, of course) and they'll look at the black hole where all of our petty human lives once were until the day they trembled and collapsed like ruptured gossamer, and they'll see something deep inside the abyss, something indestructible that has somehow survived untold millennia of incredible gravitational forces, and their scientists will retrieve it and gaze on it with awe and horror; the one thing left behind to speak dumbly of the long-lost story of humanity.

And it'll be this fucking thread.

And a burned CD of 'Friday'.
:lol

Offline John94

« Reply #4563 on: April 14, 2011, 02:47:20 PM »
Possibility of announcement on 5/8?

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4564 on: April 14, 2011, 04:39:49 PM »
None. It's Sunday. And we know the announcement will come on Friday! Friday!

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4565 on: April 14, 2011, 05:27:19 PM »
It'll, guaranteed, to be announced after the album is done. Its simple buisness if ya think bout it. Back to the old way that is.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline YtseJam

• EZBoard Elder
  • Your mom
« Reply #4566 on: April 14, 2011, 06:41:53 PM »
Seriously,

WTF are they waiting for with announcing the drummer at this point? Will it increase sales by waiting? What's the logic? Spit it out already! Jesus H

Offline Metabog

• Life Inhibitor
  • I like big biquads and I cannot lie.
« Reply #4567 on: April 14, 2011, 06:57:14 PM »
Eh. I'm surprised everyone hasn't lost interest already. I was really really excited when the split up first happened, then it was funny when they kept putting off the announcement. Now I realize I haven't thought about it or even posted here in a long time.

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #4568 on: April 14, 2011, 08:32:57 PM »
nah, i don't think they are deliberately keeping the name from us. i stick by what i said about legal issues contributing to the delay. If they do decide to announce the drummer till after the album is out, it would probably only be because they got the greenlight to do it right before release, then simply decided to wait.

the only other reason, which is probably less likely, is that they might be withholding the name till right before the albums release, then announcing it, subsequently creating a huge publicity buzz and thus boosting the sale of the new album due to intense curiousity. like i said though, unlikely.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:52:59 PM by ricky »
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4569 on: April 14, 2011, 08:40:15 PM »
Nah, probably at DT.net.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4570 on: April 14, 2011, 09:39:20 PM »
Announce it at the same time as release, BOOM instant massive press for the new album

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4571 on: April 15, 2011, 03:00:37 AM »

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline gilpdawg

« Reply #4572 on: April 15, 2011, 05:23:22 AM »

I expect it sometime in the second week of May.  Possibly the first week, but May 9th is my bet.
You've solved the puzzle! Kevin Smith is going to announce it during the launch of S.I.R.

Offline Nic35

• Which seat can I take =/ ?
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4573 on: April 15, 2011, 08:39:50 AM »
Announce it at the same time as release, BOOM instant massive press for the new album
I'm pretty sure that's their plan.
Jesus Christ himself* comes down amidst a choir of 2 billion angels singing Handel's Hallelujah chorus. As KrotchRaut shred randomly on guitars made of dragon bones using picks made from God's kidney stones, Jesus heals a blind woman who promptly gives birth onstage to a creation of pure light.

*Yes, Jesus Christ himself. Nothing less will do.

Offline JPX

« Reply #4574 on: April 15, 2011, 08:51:43 AM »
the only other reason, which is probably less likely, is that they might be withholding the name till right before the albums release, then announcing it, subsequently creating a huge publicity buzz and thus boosting the sale of the new album due to intense curiousity. like i said though, unlikely.

You do realize that no-one outside DT's hardcore fanbase cares about this drummer situation. Unless the consumer is specifically a fan of the chosen replacement, the announcement will barely affect album sales.

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #4575 on: April 15, 2011, 09:00:10 AM »

You do realize that no-one outside DT's hardcore fanbase cares about this drummer situation. Unless the consumer is specifically a fan of the chosen replacement, the announcement will barely affect album sales.

while non-dt fans may not "care", they certainly are curious - which will certainly tack on a few more thousand sales, at least.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4576 on: April 15, 2011, 09:11:55 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline theusualmadness

« Reply #4577 on: April 15, 2011, 09:51:58 AM »
They are probably not going to announce it, at least, until after JLB is done with the vocals. He starts recording on April 18th.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #4578 on: April 15, 2011, 02:28:32 PM »

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #4579 on: April 15, 2011, 03:24:34 PM »
I have officially given up caring when the announcement will be. Didn't think that would happen a couple of months ago but you can keep people hanging too long and they have certainly done that.

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #4580 on: April 15, 2011, 03:40:54 PM »
I have officially given up caring when the announcement will be. Didn't think that would happen a couple of months ago but you can keep people hanging too long and they have certainly done that.

hm. well you say you dont care,

yet you logged on to a dt forum and posted in a thread regarding the new drummer situation saying you don't care.

i politely disagree about your not caring. cuz if you didnt', you wouldnt be looking at this thread.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4581 on: April 15, 2011, 05:19:18 PM »
Nah, probably at DT.net.
lol
I knew it would be you.
:lol I appreciated it because I thought of the same joke but chickened out.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #4582 on: April 15, 2011, 09:53:55 PM »
hey ricky, i heard the new drummer is conky.

Offline alpheus94

« Reply #4583 on: April 15, 2011, 10:05:57 PM »
I hear it was Thomas Lang.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4584 on: April 16, 2011, 05:30:19 AM »

hm. well you say you dont care,

yet you logged on to a dt forum and posted in a thread regarding the new drummer situation saying you don't care.

i politely disagree about your not caring. cuz if you didnt', you wouldnt be looking at this thread.

He probably doesn't care about your disagreeing, either.