Author Topic: Scenes From My Memory v. Honor Thy Father  (Read 135826 times)

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Re: Scenes From My Memory v. Scene 06: Beyond This Town (SFAM)
« Reply #595 on: December 05, 2018, 10:43:55 AM »

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #596 on: December 06, 2018, 10:21:40 AM »
Heeeere we aaare, born to be fops. We’re the ponces of the univeeeeerse

Guys, I bet you 137 dollars that BOTH The Winds* of Winter and A Dream of Spring will be on your tables before this gig has wrapped up. Not because I’m a procrastinating buffoon (which I am), nor because I keep being side-tracked by roulettes (let’s congratulate TAC, people), but mainly because our guys keep writing albums! They live for writing music! They will never be a nostalgia act! I can’t stop using escalmatives! Speaking of new albums, I feel I’m being robbed of my role of Explorer of the Ludicrous lately, for whatever DT Fandom parody (including the multi-awarded DT Custom Shop bit) I’ve dared to illustrate on these pages is focking PALING in comparison with the surreal spectacle of actual DT fans needing info/making demands/judging clues/assessing data about an upcoming album in 2019. It’s glorious, and I can’t get enough of it. I feel like William Golding watching an episode of Survivor.

Ok, now I’m warmed-up enough for our detective stroy’s ending. What we “know” so far:

Nicholas is Kevin Moore
The Old Man is Charlie Dominici
Victoria is Shirley (Images and Words)
Julian is Old Moses (Awake)
Edward is Two Morons (Falling into Infinity)

So, Awake focked Images and Words and Falling into Infinity possibly killed it. Kevin Moore (and we are calling SFAM “Kevin Moore Face”), as the tragedy’s prime mover, is haunted by the task of solving a crime he has theoretically committed. He’s also Victoria’s reincarnation.

(Ok, maybe this thread still IS the most ludicrous thing going in the forums, after all)

Now, who the Fock is The Hypnotherapist? Who’s Julian’s reincarnation? Who’s Edward’s reincarnation?

Let’s find out in: 12 – Finally Free:

0:00 – 0:27: Full therapy circle. We are learning that regression sessions begin strumming and end in arpeggios. I can feel my evil delusional twin has something to say about this little speech.

Oh, that’s rich. You’ve just focking compared yourself to William Golding and have the gall to call ME delusional! Anyway,  dear hypnoquack, there’s nothing to feel peaceful and refreshed about. Our Kevolas still doesn’t know how the dirty deed went, and you’re blatantly trying to whitewash this shit with new age blabber. I’m onto you.

0:27 –  1:04: Oh, what a nice little symphonic bit devoted to a simple stroll from hypnostudio to car. They should definitely write some kind of musical sooner or later. It would be nothing short of astonishing.

He’s in the parking lot  and he’s just sitting in his car, it’s nine o’clock and he can’t get out.  He lights a cigarette and turns the music down, but just can’t seem to shake that sound.

1:04 – 1:31: Suspenseful music, shit is gonna happen. Nice Wagner quote, Jordan. Aiming higher and higher.

Melody walks through the door, and MEMORY flies out the window

1:31 – 2:18: He plays like a pianist, but thinks like a composer. Listen to the right hand comments between bars, they are embrios of strings parts on a full orchestral score already living in his mind. A mind Johnny P is apparently able to read like a sheet, given that beautiful guitar line. I am now officially pumped for DT’s future songwriting endeavors.

Dear Edward, you may be a Senator, a Miracle, but mastermind you’re not. First off, you’re putting a note in YOUR own handwriting on the crime scene in order to cover YOUR tracks? You’re probably going to reincarnate into the guy who wrote Lost’s finale, buddy.

2:18 – 2:50: We’re in full Elton John / Musical territory here, and I love it. A lot of people will love it. Hell, everybody will love it. Of course, 15 years from now they will hate it because “the wrong Mike is behind the drumkit and we need to piss on the band”. Unbelievable.

Second, that’s bad poetry, Ned. You could get the electric chair just for that.

2:50 – 3:15: Let this be the Mike Portnoy Sets the Bar for Tasty Drum Entrances Once and For All Album. SFAM is Mighty Mike's peak, as far as drumming maturity and balance are concerned. For a lot of aspects this is HIS album.

Oh, you ran into Julian? Was it before of after showering the Miracle’s body fluids away? I don’t like to speak ill of the departed – even fictional – but has this lass had any narrative function so far other than being a rather fickle slut and a pissy ghost?

3:15 – 4:01: Big James is just OWNING the different characters singing schtick, and I love it. A lot of people will love it. Hell, everybody will love it. Of course, 15 years from now they will hate it because “the wrong Mike is behind the drumkit and we need to piss on the band”. Unbelievable.

This is not just your old fashioned love triangle gone bad story. There’s a deeper meaning here. Imagine Victoria is a world class drummer’s career, Julian a stellar but lately struggling band, and Edward a mediocre but incredibly popular and successful band. Victoria dumps Julian for Edward, Edward uses her for a time but doesn’t love her, Victoria tries to go back to Julian, Victoria/career killed. Ok, I’m rambling.

4:01 – 4:46: Mirror stares back hard, kill is just a friendly word … Sorry, couldn’t help it. But curiously appropriate.

So, the big mystery everybody already solved at Home is officially revealed. FII killed Shirley. Open your eyes, Victoria. It’s all about you, not me.

4:46 – 5:53: Absolutely brilliant theatrical use of OLT and callback to the ouverture guitar lick. Then again, they’ve being proceeding this way since IAW (Wait for Sleep inside LTL) and Awake (TSM inside Erotomania, SDV inside The Mirror), incidentally the two albums being fictionally gunned down this very moment. Guess what’s the album breaking the streak? Yeah, the gunner.

I agree.

5:53 – 6:27: The closest DT have ever written to Queen and Johnny P to Brian May, and I love it. A lot of people will love it. Hell, everybody will love it. Of course, 15 years from now they will hate it because “the wrong Mike is behind the drumkit and we need to piss on the band”. Unbelievable.

Nice image. Reminds me of The Quickening (hence the Queen reference?) But, what about the other soul? Where is it gone? We need to know or this is the most uneventful concept ever.

6:27 – 6:50: Go for the full blown band with James one octave up, do it! ...

So, you’ve learned you quitting compromised Awake and focked over IAW’s premises, leading to the FII identity crisis. You already knew that, bub. But WHY did you quit?

6:50 – 7:24: ... YES! This will become one of their most beloved compositional staples.

You won’t meet anybody someday soon unless you don’t tell us WHY you quit. WHOSE blame is it?

7:24 – 9:50: I Want You (She’s So Heavy) homage ending, with Mighty Mike rightfully etching his signature on his album. Gonna be heaps of fun live.

9:50 – 11:13: Except for noticing Nicholas’ records sound like midi files, I have nothing to say here.

So, Julian reincarnated into John John Kennedy. There’s no other explaination. Pretty ironic for reasons even I won't dare elaborating on.

11:13 – 11:59: We’ll let my deranged alter ego finally have his moment in the sun:

”Open your eyes, Kevin.

It’s me. It’s always been me.

Eat my ass and balls”

Coming Next: Scene 7: Through Her Ice - Graduation and the Black Bitch

*EDIT: Ev saved my arse from The Many-Faced God's ire.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 10:30:13 AM by Indiscipline »

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #597 on: December 06, 2018, 10:22:47 AM »
What's The Wolves of Winter?
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
« Reply #598 on: December 06, 2018, 10:24:41 AM »
What's The Wolves of Winter?

A parody of Winds of Winter, for sure  :biggrin:

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #599 on: December 06, 2018, 10:27:05 AM »
Tim, have you hacked into Evermind's account?

No, wait. My bad. I meant Winds. Winds of Winter.  :facepalm:

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #600 on: December 06, 2018, 11:56:36 AM »
I feel like Cheech standing at the urinal next to Stacy Keach. I've been waiting to "go" on this thread so long that now that it's here I've got stage fright...and that's really saying something for a guy with no prostate.

2:18 – 2:50: We’re in full Elton John / Musical territory here, and I love it. A lot of people will love it. Hell, everybody will love it. Of course, 15 years from now they will hate it because “the wrong Mike is behind the drumkit and we need to piss on the band”. Unbelievable.

3:15 – 4:01: Big James is just OWNING the different characters singing schtick, and I love it. A lot of people will love it. Hell, everybody will love it. Of course, 15 years from now they will hate it because “the wrong Mike is behind the drumkit and we need to piss on the band”. Unbelievable.

5:53 – 6:27: The closest DT have ever written to Queen and Johnny P to Brian May, and I love it. A lot of people will love it. Hell, everybody will love it. Of course, 15 years from now they will hate it because “the wrong Mike is behind the drumkit and we need to piss on the band”. Unbelievable.

:lol  :clap:

Okay, that was actually a really great update! I guess I'll need to keep holding it.

Why does it hurt when I pee
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #601 on: December 06, 2018, 04:23:22 PM »

Online Dream Team

« Reply #602 on: December 06, 2018, 05:04:54 PM »
Totally agreed about MP. His best album I think, with Six Degrees in 2nd place.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #603 on: January 01, 2019, 02:45:48 AM »
 :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Scenes From My Memory
« Reply #604 on: January 01, 2019, 08:18:36 AM »
<breezes into thread guilty as fock>

Gals and ghouls, I haven't forgotten this thing. There are still so many utterly ludicrous and pointless anecdotes I owe you. It's just that holidays are the proverbial bitch with my kind of job.

I promise I'm going to update this soon. Also, I never had sex with that woman, and we have proof Iraq is hiding weapons of mass destruction.

Stay classy.

Before anyone get's too excited, read the date.  :lol

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #605 on: January 01, 2019, 08:45:40 AM »
Hmm??

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #606 on: January 01, 2019, 09:07:33 AM »
The last time the holidays interfered with this thread, Indiscipline wound up taking a seven year leave of absence! The post I quoted was his last one before the thread eventually got locked and archived.

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #607 on: January 02, 2019, 05:12:51 PM »
Eh.

No disappearing act this time.

Very busy touring and trying to stay with the family at the same time because Big Bro decided to give me YET another nephew (to be christened Jordan, for basketball reasons. I know, don't ask.) I swear, he's Walder Frey prolific.

I wish you a terrific new year, my friends.

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #608 on: February 19, 2019, 06:53:36 AM »
Next monday, this gig gonna be back.

*chirp* *chirp* *chirp*

No, really. I'm even disclosing the Origin of Fock!

*bump* *bump* *bump*

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #609 on: February 19, 2019, 07:57:22 AM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lucasembarbosa

« Reply #610 on: February 19, 2019, 08:26:36 AM »
HALLELUJAH

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #611 on: February 19, 2019, 09:14:47 PM »
About time :corn :corn :corn

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #612 on: February 27, 2019, 12:19:12 PM »
With a sense of timing I'd dare to describe as Ulrich On Chloroform, I'm back. After all, I thought this pretty uneventful* month in DT land could use a bit of pizzaz from your favourite completely unnecessary and incoherent discography reminiscence.

*I do kid, of course. I'm in full new album mode. I'll write about it in 2027 if I start ramping up the pace.

2002 AD. The world had just changed on live TV and yours truly was finding himself with a Performing Arts Degree in one hand and a brand new Turbulent fiancee (soon to become the female lead for a spectacularly failed marriage we'll breeze through between Octavarium and BL&SL) on the other.

I could define the three Academy Years filling the plot hole between SFAM and SDOIT like a cross between some kind of Gay Guantanamo and Psycho Hogwarths, or just say it was a very instructive and character-building voyage through both the most terrible and grandiose extremes human artistic collaboration and cohabitation can reach under pressure.

Does it sound like a DT album you know?

Welcome to:

Scene 7: Through Her Ice: Graduation and The Black Bitch (featuring SDOIT running diary)

1999-2002 Side One Highlights:

Public erection in full ballet attire at 10 AM. And I mean the kind you can guess someone's religion from.

Being one of the only three heterosexual males in the whole school. Have you ever felt like being the only possessor of an Evian bottle in the midst of the Sahara? I did. Sigh.

Acting class: The Birth of Fock, or what you come up with when forced to impersonate a character during a stupid acting excercise and a neon lamp falls on your noggin.

Playing four different roles in four academy productions, each one being killed in a horrible way in the plot. I felt like the Sean Bean of musical theatre.

Working stand-up comedy on the side. Either death threats after one minute or free drinks all night long, no middle ground.

1999-2002 Side Two Highlights:

Humility. Learning that there's a hell of a difference between being better/worse than x and acting like you're better/worse than x.

Learning to sing. You struggle, you cry, you face the painful truths, then you realise you haven't used your true voice since you were three years old.

Insecurity: Yours can be a  resource, your neighbour's is always toxic.

The characters. Making peace with your past because you are studying a junky failed guitarist or going into brawls against nazi focks because you're playing a jew dude for a month.

Moping the school's floor at night to pay your fee. Every class second weighs gold after that.

Of course, the Focking Black Bitch.

Coming Next: 01 - The Glass Prison

I know, I know. Short post. But it's more focused, concise, and the drums production is finally good!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Scenes From My Memory v. Scene 07: Through Her Ice (SDOIT)
« Reply #613 on: February 27, 2019, 01:10:41 PM »
Yay!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #614 on: March 01, 2019, 03:44:21 PM »
Public erection in full ballet attire at 10 AM. And I mean the kind you can guess someone's religion from.

I always figured guys who wore ballet attire wore dance belts. Is that not the case? Would that not help the situation?

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #615 on: March 19, 2019, 04:16:33 PM »
...and the drums production is finally good!

I don't know, the symbols seem a bit loud for the mix. Example:

...like a cross between some kind of Gay Guantanamo and Psycho Hogwarths..
Public erection in full ballet attire at 10 AM.

and

Have you ever felt like being the only possessor of an Evian bottle in the midst of the Sahara?

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #616 on: May 20, 2019, 11:41:41 PM »
 :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #617 on: May 21, 2019, 07:11:34 AM »
I still, months later, don't understand this thread. I even read the OP. It's still all nonsense.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online lucasembarbosa

« Reply #618 on: May 21, 2019, 08:29:18 AM »
Dear Indiscipline,

Please don't be a G.R.R.M. pt. 2

Sincerely,
DTF

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #619 on: May 23, 2019, 10:36:54 AM »
Q, meet A.

I always figured guys who wore ballet attire wore dance belts. Is that not the case? Would that not help the situation?

It doesn't help the situation, it "enhances it". Big difference.

I still, months later, don't understand this thread. I even read the OP. It's still all nonsense.  :lol

You know nothing, Katt Snow.

Dear Indiscipline,

Please don't be a G.R.R.M. pt. 2

Sincerely,
DTF

Nevah. I'm younger, better dressed, and my bank account is considerably thinner.

I'm writing the next installment right now. Like, in this very moment.

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #620 on: May 23, 2019, 06:29:42 PM »
I dunno, my friends; it's springtime, everything is positively peachy … and yet I can't shake an uneasy feeling of unfullfillment (never got the correct amount of “l's” there), almost as if I was in denial about a huge loose end somewhere …

… Oh feces!

This thread is still here, covered in dust like an old turd, ready to stink up the joint as soon as you poke it with a stick. Yeah, cool analogy, thank you very much.

Now, I'm completely out of excuses. The Avengers have successfully completed their endgame, and even D&D have wrapped their – ahem – vision of a certain icy'n'firey song up. Who the fock am I to leave this hanging? Am I going to be slower than focking Brexit? Of course I am, my dear involved readers, dear uninterested readers … and dear Katt.

But I can't ignore my responsibilities anymore; not while The RatPack© is sending this kind of messages:

I'm very glad you asked, Wildranger. According to the greatest living 'philostopher' known to mankind, Quentin Robert DeNameland, time is of affliction.

Quote from: Quentin Robert DeNameland
Well, folks, as you can see for yourself, the way this clock over here is behaving, TIME IS OF AFFLICTION! This may be cause for alarm among a portion of you, as, from a certain experience, I tend to proclaim: 'THE EONS ARE CLOSING!'! Now what does this mean, precisely to the layman? Simply this: 'MOMENTARILY, THE NEED FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF NEW LIGHT WILL NO LONGER EXIST!'

Of course, some of you will say: "Who is HE to fell me from this light?" But, in all seriousness, ladies and gentlemen, a quick glance at the erratic behavior of the large, precision-built TIME-DELINEATING APPARATUS beside me will show that it is perhaps only a few moments now! Just look how funny it's going around there! Personally, I find mechanical behavior of this nature to be highly suspicious! When such a device doesn't go normal, the implications of such a behavior bodes not well! And, quite naturally, ladies and gentlemen, when the mechanism in question is entrusted with the task of the delineation of time itself, and if such a mechanism goes on the bum, or the fritz... well, it spells trouble!

I trust this helps.

Also, if you want time to slow down for you, simply wait for Indiscipline to post his next episode of Scenes From His Memory.

C'mon, man. You're slower than my roulette, for pete's sake!

Yeah, the one where I kicked your Billy Joel's ass, HA! Beat L.A.! Beat L.A.!

That's it. I'm giving you a 15 days notice. Your presence here is – sigh - tolerated only if you produce. Dare to procrastinate any longer and I couldn't ban your arse faster if you stated that a song is Objectively good.

All right, I got it. After all I live to serve, I really focking do. 3,2,1 …

01 – The Glass Prison:

Wait a sec! I kinda need a sort of foreword before unleashing the timestampede. This was the first DT album to catch me “off guard”. I wasn't ready, I felt I still needed time to eviscerate SfaM properly, not to mention the LsfNY DVD. My appetite wasn't at the right stage. Yes, this was my first not-hungry DT album, AND my first DT album bought and enjoyed while not caring for rock music anymore, like a man turning gay but still deeply in love with his wife. I feel like the Picasso of offensive analogies right now.

Now I'm good to go. Tres, dos, uno ...

0:00 – 0:13: Would some caring soul please at least turn Nicholas' stereo off after three focking years? The energy bills we don't pay this time are carried beyond this life.

0:13 – 0:31: Oh, something tells me this ain't gonna be sunshines and lollipops, or sunpops and lollishines. Last album opened with a hypnotic clock ticking and it took me to a wonderful journey inside the subconscious, soul transmigration, and persistence of guilt. This one opens with a knell; where is it gonna take me?

0:31 – 0:49: So far it's taking me to Great Bleak Thrash Intros Land, halfway between Megadeth's Darkest Hour and Overkill's Years of Decay. Lollipops!

0:49 – 1:07: Plus Metallica's gravitas circa '89, no doubt. There's already an astounding amount of mourning in this tune. I think I'm gonna nickname it Alonzo.

1:07 – 1:25: Thank goodness, there's some kind of epic feeling perking up, driven by the snare equivalent of Valyrian steel.

1:25 – 1:45: Gorgeous, and a bit reassuring to say the truth. I am very happy Jordan brought back those simple yet magnificent moogish leads stealing my flaming heart ten years ago. Wait, are we really ten years into this story? Thinking about it, we are almost ten years removed from this thread's very first post! I'm meta as fock.

1:45 – 2:12: Holy aggression, Jason Bateman! That wah opening up is positively snarling. I hereby dub you the Pack of Rabid Dogs Riff. Rise and bring destruction to every mosh pit in the realm.

2:12 – 2:22: Ok, now play with me. Let's say there was a fork in the road just past And Justice for All. I can't say whether the Black Album (which I must admit I learned to love fiercely) was the right or left path, but I'm damn sure this sounds like the path not taken*.

2:22 – 2:52: There are times when Johnny P and Mighty Mike (one of the de facto greatest creative tension couples in rock by now) play off each other like the Hart Foundation, and times when they achieve greatness by actually trying to upstage each other like the British Bulldogs. This time they're just the focking Demolition.

2:52 – 3:04: *And the path not taken sounds like The Frayed Ends of Sanity on steroids, which given this album's title may even make a smidge of sense.

3:04 – 3:21: WHO'S SINGING? WHERE'S JAMES?

3:21 – 3:38: Ok, better now. I guess. Next time a little warning perhaps?

3:38 – 3:57: Yes, Pack of Rabid Dogs Riff, come sooth my anxiety and bring your friend, the Frenzied Berserk Horde Double Bass.

3:57 – 4:37: This is another first. I've never ranted five minutes into a new album, but I focking gotta. Why are we using James' voice this way, seriously? You wanna be metal? Focking hire Phil Anselmo and go hog with it. Kevin James LaBrie has never been, is not, and never will be a heavy metal vocalist. It's like punching yourself in the nuts in order to convince your wife you're virile enough. Forget Picasso, I'm Dalì at this point.

4:37 – 5:24: Ok, this is pretty messy, possibly even ugly. Great drumming though.

5:24 – 5:53: This keyboard lead's function is officially I'm Pulling You Back In and Kinda Restore Your Faith When You're Seconds Away from Sticking a Fork in Us. I might be too much into Bernstein and Sondheim these days, but this isn't a DT I'm prepared for.

5:53 – 6:16: Really? I don't even have a joke here.

6:16 – 6:31: See, honey? My balls are super strong! I won't be able to bang you for three months, but hot damn I feel the masculine he man! Wanna throw a punch?

6:31 – 6:46: Creeping Death live staple chant. Creepy.

6:46 – 7:01: Aren't they hard as marble, sweetheart? I'm the man. A man condemning you to lonely dildoland, but a macho man nonetheless. Magritte, possibly Bacon.

7:01 – 7:16: So, the lesson – as always – is: with the right amount of dick jokes and gross disgusting analogies you CAN convince a confounding song to course correct its vocals approach. Live and learn.

7:16 – 7:50: This part is the coolest, I love it. Everything works better when you dip it in a hot Deep Purple vat. On a sidenote, my dad believed DT was my generation's Yes; I always loved to believe they can be my generation's Deep Purple. I could (and eventually will somewhere else) elaborate, but it would mean at least 32 paragraphs and at this point it would be just rude.

7:50 – 9:42: I can't believe I'm writing this, but … yawn.

9:42 – 9:58: Thanks Johnny M for the caffeine fix. Whatever this opening track is meant to be, fast and furious is working better than low and pounding.

9:58 – 10:58: “Doesn't matter I'm an infinitely superior guitarist and you actually play keyboards, let's pretend we're Kirk Hammett and Dave Mustaine trading senseless flurry of notes at the speed of light!” or some variation of it is definitely been uttered in the studio. I'm focking inverting the onus, you gotta bring proof it wasn't.

10:58 – 11:25: A spruce of Blue/Yellow period King Crimson? I'm feeling a lot better now. I could keep listening past track 01, after all (Who am I kidding? I need 3 to 5 years to establish a solid opinion about a DT album).

11:25 – 12:50: 90 seconds of brutally overpowering and mindboggling Portnoy Show. He's focking amazing. He can really take possession of an entire tune when he feels like, no matter what crazy wonderful shit is happening beyond the drums.

12:50 – 13:50: Wonderful ending section, on par with the beautiful intro. Strange unusual song. You paste together its first and last three minutes, throw away the middle seven, and you've got a great tune. I need an analogy here. Right. You go pick this girl on a date: she opens the door, she's stunning, you're transfixed. Then she starts talking and during the whole ride-dinner-evening until you drive her back she's hideous, you can't stand her. Then she gives you the blowjob of the decade. Goodnight.

Pollock if you ask me.

Coming Next: 02 – Blind Faith.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #621 on: May 23, 2019, 06:34:57 PM »

0:00 – 0:13: Would some caring soul please at least turn Nicholas' stereo off after three focking years? The energy bills we don't pay this time are carried beyond this life.

That's the sound in this thread between posts.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #622 on: May 23, 2019, 06:42:29 PM »

Eavesdropping on Ewoks.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #623 on: May 23, 2019, 08:00:10 PM »
I might be too much into Bernstein and Sondheim these days, but this isn't a DT I'm prepared for.

Thank Thor, it's not Gilbert and Sullivan

That doesn't scratch your itch, eh?  :)

7:50 – 9:42: I can't believe I'm writing this, but … yawn.

I can. You just finished pulverizing your stones into powder. You can't feel this bit of the song now, Varys!

Pollock if you ask me.

More like Pricasso, if you ask me.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #624 on: May 23, 2019, 08:05:51 PM »
I spent my first listen to The Glass Prison taking a shit. I got home from work, grabbed the CD and took it to the bathroom. I was blown away. I couldn't believe how heavy it was. Before I moved on to the second song, I literally played it again just so I could believe my ears.

That said, I find The Glass Prison one of their worst aged songs.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #625 on: May 23, 2019, 09:43:02 PM »
I spent my first listen to The Glass Prison taking a shit. I got home from work, grabbed the CD and took it to the bathroom. I was blown away. I couldn't believe how heavy it was. Before I moved on to the second song, I literally played it again just so I could believe my ears.

That said, I find The Glass Prison one of their worst aged songs.

Did the song make you weak at the knees or was it just sitting on the can for 27 minutes?  :lol

:hug: Indi - fun reading material!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #626 on: May 24, 2019, 04:42:58 AM »
Hey, Alle

I just noticed that all the links to the quotes by Evermind, TAC, and bosky all go to the same post, namely mine. You're forging fake posts to bolster the claims of your installment. That's... just... fine. I guess.

Actually, I approve. Carry on.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #627 on: May 24, 2019, 02:09:22 PM »
Hey, Alle

I just noticed that all the links to the quotes by Evermind, TAC, and bosky all go to the same post, namely mine. You're forging fake posts to bolster the claims of your installment. That's... just... fine. I guess.

Actually, I approve. Carry on.

:lol

OK, well that makes sense. I didn't remember ever saying that, nor is it something I'd ever say. :lol

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #628 on: May 24, 2019, 03:12:43 PM »
 :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #629 on: May 24, 2019, 04:09:15 PM »
That was kinda obvious, I thought. :lol

Still, I agree with The Glass Prison assessment, the only good parts of the song are the beginning and the ending. I've seen endless requests to bring this song back to the live set, and while I can't say I'm satisfied with the current set DT is playing, I'm sure as hell glad The Glass Prison isn't in. This song is like twice the length it should be.

Glad to see this thread is back!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.