Author Topic: Jesus Christ Superstar  (Read 4189 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Jesus Christ Superstar
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2018, 05:10:11 PM »
Orbert (sax) not realizing how ridiculously far he is from everyone else, but whatever.

As usual. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2018, 06:44:08 PM »
Very nice, Orbert!! :tup :tup

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2018, 11:24:51 PM »
Thank you for sharing that.

Took me a minute to realize the flutist didn't in fact have abnormally small legs.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2018, 07:43:34 AM »
It's weird.  Since there's no recording of it, all I can do is describe how it was all put together, which isn't nearly as effective, but I feel this need to share my work.

Addy is two years old and very "clingy".  She's always with either mommy or daddy, and with both of them up there playing, she insisted on sitting on Amy's lap.  Amy could still play, so what the heck.  I joked that maybe we should give her a tambourine or shaker or something and both Amy and Steve immediately said "No!" then both realized how that sounded.  I just laughed.  I have kids, too, you know?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2018, 07:52:46 AM »
Orbert (sax) not realizing how ridiculously far he is from everyone else, but whatever.

As usual. :lol

Haha.

As for a previous post about Alice Cooper, I finally watched the show, and frankly, other than Alice, I wasn't really impressed.   Maybe it's the narrow-ness of TV, or the commercial interruptions, but it just seemed... flat.  I know the story (the album with Ian Gillan is just...) I get the premise, and I personally think that was lost in the TV presentation.  Having said that, I think Alice got it.  I think he nailed his part, and while it wasn't a transformational reimagination of the wheel, it was a great performance  that didn't try to do too much.    I thought the mike was a proper and deliberate choice.  He was almost like a huckster, a game show host but with a dark edge (that's Alice's magic, isn't it?  "He harmless.  Right?  He's harmless? Isn't he? What, he's not?") and I think the mike - in what was otherwise a very sparse, very interpretive set - was very much intended to create an image. 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2018, 05:27:30 PM »
I joked that maybe we should give her a tambourine or shaker or something...

As if they knew she had no talent and was only there because of her relationship to one of the band members, so they gave her something to do, kinda like Fleetwood Mac did with Stevie Nicks?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'