Poll

Which of the following applies to your views on 9/11?

It was blatanly perpetrated or allowed to happen by the US to further government / individual interests
4 (9.5%)
It was most likely perpetrated by the US, but I still have some doubts
4 (9.5%)
I'm not sure; both scenarios seem plausible to me
0 (0%)
There are some inconsistencies with the official story, but it was most likely perpetrated by Al Qaeda
7 (16.7%)
Al Qaeda is to blame; no doubt about it
22 (52.4%)
The US most likely allowed it to happen but took no part in it directly
5 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: 9/11 Official Story: True or False?  (Read 20234 times)

Offline SovereignDream

• Banned from P/R
  • Yayness
Re: 9/11 Official Story: True or False?
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2010, 12:47:05 PM »
and... many, many convincing Youtube vids  ;D
You do realize that Zeitgeist was filled to the brim with fallacies, right?

Of the many YT vids that sparked my interest, I always deemed Zeitgeist was horse manure.
"I don't believe in Santa Clause, John Myung, or the Tooth Fairy..." - MP

What does that have to do with if ass scratching is unnatural or not?

My Youtube page:
https://www.youtube.com/user/serpentinessarecute

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2010, 12:47:53 PM »
I don't have the luxury of time to write out a 10 page essay on why I think 9/11 was perpetrated by the US (nor the desire) but it really comes down to this:

I find it extremely unlikely that a bunch of Islamic extremists boarded a plane, were able to successfully evade NORAD, brought down 2 buildings that were even designed to potentially withstand an airplane collision, brought down another building WITHOUT ever even crashing a plane into it, and set off a coincidental chain of events that would result in the profiteering of companies high-ranking government officials had major stakes in and guaranteed the re-election of the degenerate ape we all know as George "W" Bush.

why is GWB so horrible?.. and do you work for Loose Change or Alex Jones..

Why is George Bush so horrible? Hmm...: potential involvement in 9/11, Overall retard, supporter and instigator of the bombing of many civilian cities in the ME because they were harboring "bad guys" or WMD's, cause of the recession we are in today *cough Obama haters who still believe he is Muslim cough*, "where wings take dream!"

As much as I disagreed with many of his actions, you can't honestly say (with a truly informed opinion) that the man was a horrible person. Yes, there were plenty of awful decisions made on his part, and under his cabinet. But as the Obama administration has begun showing us, it isn't always completely the presidents direct fault. Not to mention, there was at least one bill Bush tried to pass that would have overall benefited this country, but the Liberals were too proud to give GWB credit and the Republicans didn't want to vote for something the Liberals could agree with.

My point, Bush was a pretty bad leader for the country and one of the worst (prepared) public speakers this country has seen, but he is in no way a "horrible person".
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 12:48:02 PM »
I find it extremely unlikely that a bunch of Islamic extremists boarded a plane, were able to successfully evade NORAD, brought down 2 buildings that were even designed to potentially withstand an airplane collision, brought down another building WITHOUT ever even crashing a plane into it, and set off a coincidental chain of events that would result in the profiteering of companies high-ranking government officials had major stakes in and guaranteed the re-election of the degenerate ape we all know as George "W" Bush.

I find it extremely unlikely that a kid who grew up poor, with average looks, average talent, average brains, and no connections at all would be be happily married to a woman with the looks of a model, would have gotten to go to law school free of charge and be happily working at one of the top law firms in the country, would have performed lead vocals onstage with one of my favorite bands from my childhood, and would be running the largest website in the world for DT fans.  And yet, unlikely as it all may have seemed, here we are...
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2010, 12:49:29 PM »
I don't have the luxury of time to write out a 10 page essay on why I think 9/11 was perpetrated by the US (nor the desire) but it really comes down to this:

why is GWB so horrible?.. and do you work for Loose Change or Alex Jones..

Why is George Bush so horrible? Hmm...: potential involvement in 9/11, Overall retard, supporter and instigator of the bombing of many civilian cities in the ME because they were harboring "bad guys" or WMD's, cause of the recession we are in today *cough Obama haters who still believe he is Muslim cough*, "where wings take dream!"

And what is Loose Change & Alex Jones?

bring back GWB... turn it back to the good ole days of GWB.... and I hate to tell you Obama is a Muslim.. you do know his uncle Odinga? correct?
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2010, 12:50:38 PM »
Uh oh.  Now we have two types of crazy here.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2010, 12:52:04 PM »
Too many people would have needed to be involved for it to be a huge conspiracy. Someone would have talked. Not to mention that I doubt there are that many people who are so greedy that they'd be willing to killing thousands of innocent people for money. I'm not talking politicians here, but the demolition technicians who would have been necessary to pull it off.

That said, I would not be in the least bit surprised if the government knew a lot more beforehand thean they let on.

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2010, 12:53:36 PM »
bring back GWB... turn it back to the good ole days of GWB.... and I hate to tell you Obama is a Muslim.. you do know his uncle Odinga? correct?
You have got to be shitting me? Because Obama definitely doesn't drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, eat pork and he obviously rolls out his ceremonial rug every morning and prays to Mecca.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2010, 12:54:08 PM »
Uh oh.  Now we have two types of crazy here.

Rev Wright and 20 years of his "teachings" aint Christianity and Obama is more Muslim then anything else they are selling us...I think any objective viewing of who Obama is tells us that

but you are correct, I really dont want to merge the subjects..
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2010, 12:54:30 PM »
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2010, 12:55:40 PM »

Oh, by the way, I guess I am a Muslim foreigner then, seeing how I was born in Hawaii and all.  No natural born citizen here!!  But so as not to derail this thread with more typical birther bullshit, I would suggest taking to another thread.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2010, 12:55:58 PM »
You have got to be shitting me? Because Obama definitely doesn't drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, eat pork and he obviously rolls out his ceremonial rug every morning and prays to Mecca.

look at his books.. his family...his uncle Odinga and his embracing of Sharia in Kenya..then get back to me..

are we talking Barry Sotero or Obama? LOL

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2010, 12:57:57 PM »
if GWB was "bad" then Obama is a "Biblical Disaster"...

really.. Obama has no resume.. never had a job..he is Rev Al.. a community agitator..

any notice that GWB is more popular then Obama today?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2010, 12:58:50 PM »

That said, I would not be in the least bit surprised if the government knew a lot more beforehand thean they let on.

I agree completely, and this is a big part of the problem.  There was almost certainly some cover-up taking place.  Nobody wanted to be seen as so extraordinarily incompetent.

A bigger problem is that nobody is allowed to question the theory without being labeled a crackpot.  I disagree with the conspiracy theorists, but I'd like for their questions to be addressed and not automatically dismissed as lunacy.  It's the same thing with the Holocaust.  I believe it happened, but freaking out anytime somebody dares question it is damned counterproductive and only perpetuates the conspiracies.    
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2010, 01:00:07 PM »
It's the Internet Engineers that annoy me the most about these conspiracy theories.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2010, 01:00:18 PM »
This thread is going places.
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2010, 01:01:29 PM »
Clinton passed on Osama... as he was too busy carpet bombing Iraq of trumped up no fly zome violationas to take our of Monica..

we need a thread on "oil for food" but this topic is too much for the GWB haters to ever deal with..

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2010, 01:02:10 PM »

I agree completely, and this is a big part of the problem.  There was almost certainly some cover-up taking place.  Nobody wanted to be seen as so extraordinarily incompetent.

A bigger problem is that nobody is allowed to question the theory without being labeled a crackpot.  I disagree with the conspiracy theorists, but I'd like for their questions to be addressed and not automatically dismissed as lunacy.  It's the same thing with the Holocaust.  I believe it happened, but freaking out anytime somebody dares question it is damned counterproductive and only perpetuates the conspiracies.    
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2010, 01:02:48 PM »

This is a great point.  Nothing screams "guilty" better than saying you've got nothing to hide, then going apeshit when someone wants to take a look and see just what it is that you aren't hiding.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2010, 01:03:05 PM »
It's the Internet Engineers that annoy me the most about these conspiracy theories.

agreed..... its painful to hear this stuff.. it hurts my soul..

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2010, 01:03:22 PM »
if GWB was "bad" then Obama is a "Biblical Disaster"...

really.. Obama has no resume.. never had a job..he is Rev Al.. a community agitator..

any notice that GWB is more popular then Obama today?
Oh come on. You have to put into consideration the serving size of the shit sammich Obama received. And at this point, I don't think the President is the problem. Honestly, I don't think at this point in time, we'd be any better or worse with McCain or Bush. It's the people working under the guy, the multi-party system and a good ol' handful of greed/self interest.

Offline SovereignDream

• Banned from P/R
  • Yayness
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2010, 01:06:20 PM »
Besides, even if I am "wrong" regarding US involvement (which seems far too likely to me), you cannot deny the fact that the government was acting incredibly suspicious during 9/11 and the Invasion of the ME. You also cannot deny that the government was warned, supposedly by the omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, evil "Al Qaeda" that it would be attacked with planes being used as missiles. Furthermore, how does a person who believe the US had no role in this account for the multiple failures of NORAD, the coincidental NORAD exercises being run the same morning of 9/11, etc?

And doesn't the propagnda employed by the US against depicting all Muslims as omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient "evil-doers" seem the least bit suspicious to you at all?

My Youtube page:

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2010, 01:08:24 PM »
I've never heard or seen anything that hinted at muslims being omnipresent, omnipotent or omniscient. They are a semi large group of people from many different countries, they can clearly get things done.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2010, 01:08:35 PM »
And doesn't the propagnda employed by the US against depicting all Muslims as omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient "evil-doers" seem the least bit suspicious to you at all?
A couple loony "news" commentators on Fox and a bunch of redneck tea partiers are hardly the same thing as government sanctioned propoganda.

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2010, 01:09:26 PM »
I'm actually interested in what propaganda you are talking about. Before or after the attacks on our nation? I'm not attacking you on this one, but would like some source information first.

A couple loony "news" commentators on Fox and a bunch of redneck tea partiers are hardly the same thing as government sanctioned propoganda.
Well, our media is to blame for a lot of social issues and public views. That's just common sense, isn't it?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2010, 01:10:16 PM »
I think people better find out about the Jihad against the West... what fuels it..

it has nothing to with GWB, he was just the first to take it on directly...

Clinton passed.. and he failed us post WTC1.... its like the first attack on the WTC didnt exist to liberals...

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2010, 01:10:32 PM »

Well, not propaganda that's sanctioned by BOTH sides of government, anyway.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2010, 01:11:12 PM »
can anyone tell me about "oil for food"?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2010, 01:12:04 PM »

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2010, 01:14:17 PM »
I think people better find out about the Jihad against the West... what fuels it..

it has nothing to with GWB, he was just the first to take it on directly...

Clinton passed.. and he failed us post WTC1.... its like the first attack on the WTC didnt exist to liberals...
Work calls, so I don't have time to do more homework for you, but you keep asserting that Clinton passed on Osama, which is fundamentally false.  There's tons of info on all that out there if you'd just take the time to look for something that isn't cranked out by the lackeys at fox.  Frankly, Clinton was absolutely right when he said that he did a helluva lot more to confront al Qaeda than Bush, and he was roundly criticized for it by the right.  

And weren't you already warned about knocking off the thoroughly disproved Uncle Odinga bullshit?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2010, 01:14:25 PM »

I see these kinds of arguments all the time, and I don't understand them. If the government was responsible for 9/11, tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people would have to be kept silent? How did the government manage to identify and pay off every person who claims to have seen a plane hit the Pentagon with their own eyes? How about every person who came into work a bit early in the Twin Towers and saw the demolition crews leaving? How about he people who had to get to the Pentagon after the missile hit and plant the plane debris? How about every scientist who has a physics-based explanation for why the plane crashes could have brought the towers down?

To pull off the hypothetical 9/11 conspiracy, you'd have to be literally the smartest person who ever lived. Yet you say Bush is an "overall retard" who can't manage the economy? Normally I hate to be lame, but in this case I have no problem asking: Do you have even the slightest comprehension of what it would take for the government to successfully have planned 9/11? I also have no problem guessing that you don't. It's the only way you can have an opinion so removed from logic and reality.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 01:25:32 PM by ReaPsTA »
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2010, 01:14:47 PM »
https://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=oil+for+food

it was a rhetorical question..but thank you GC...

I know all about it..and my point is it forced GWB hand..he had to go in after 17 broken UN resolutions..

Benon Sevon..Kofi Annan... and all the crooks..

Offline SovereignDream

• Banned from P/R
  • Yayness
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2010, 01:15:05 PM »
I'm actually interested in what pro     da you are talking about. Before or after the attacks on our nation? I'm not attacking you on this one, but would like some source information first.

Well, our media is to blame for a lot of social issues and public views. That's just common sense, isn't it?

There really isn't one specific use of propagnda; just flipping channels and having almost every single news station mentioning "Terror," "Muslims," "Not safe," "Bombs," etc, etc, etc.

My Youtube page:

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2010, 01:15:34 PM »

I see these kinds of arguments all the time, and I don't understand them. If the government was responsible for 9/11, tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people would have to be kept silent. How did the government manage to identify and pay off every person who claims to have seen a plane hit the Pentagon with their own eyes. How about every person who came into work a bit early in the Twin Towers and saw the demolition crews leaving. How about he people who had to get to the Pentagon after the missile hit and plant the plane debris. How about every scientist who has a physics-based explanation for why the plane crashes could have brought the towers down.

To pull off the hypothetical 9/11 conspiracy, you'd have to be literally the smartest person who ever lived. Yet in this post you also claim he's an "overall retard" who can't manage the economy? Normally I hate to be lame, but in this case I have no problem asking: Do you have even the slightest comprehension of what it would take for the government to successfully have planned 9/11? I also have no problem guessing that you don't. It's the only way you can have an opinion so removed from logic and reality.

GREAT POST^

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2010, 01:17:05 PM »
I'm actually interested in what pro     da you are talking about. Before or after the attacks on our nation? I'm not attacking you on this one, but would like some source information first.

There really isn't one specific use of propagnda; just flipping channels and having almost every single news station mentioning "Terror," "Muslims," "Not safe," "Bombs," etc, etc, etc.
You have to keep in mind, that's just the media over-blowing EVERYTHING. It's not a recent occurrence, nor is it propaganda. It's merely misinformed "news" that got their ratings through the roof.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2010, 01:19:41 PM »

Well considering we're....at war, it's normal. We did MUCH worse with communism. At least we're not blackballing people for being muslim in america.
fanticide.bandcamp.com