Author Topic: Official Helloween thread v. Pumpkins United  (Read 179723 times)

Offline ShadowWalker

Re: Official Helloween thread v. Pumpkins United
« Reply #1750 on: September 29, 2022, 09:09:06 AM »
Only Helloween would make the code WOOSTA. That's just classic. I lived in that state for three years, and I cracked up every time someone said that town's name.

Woburn is even better!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the code for the LA show....

I spent $6 to join the Knotfest website to get the code and it appears they never bothered to post it. $6 down the drain...

Hey, try using PUMPKINS (for the MD show at least)

Yeah, I had checked the Knotfest site a little before the presale ended and that indeed was the code. Was able to score tix for NY and MD with it. Thanks for posting that. If I had seen it earlier in the day, I would have definitely used it.

GT

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #1751 on: October 02, 2022, 03:08:35 PM »
Well, I'm PUMP(kin)ED.

Back to back nights of power metal goodness with Helloween. Managed to score good seats for LA and great seats for San Fran. I couldn't pass on LA. So excited to finally see Kiske and Hansen on stage as part of Helloween doing the Keeper 1 and 2 material. Been a diehard since 88!  :metal
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1752 on: October 02, 2022, 04:15:42 PM »
Well, I'm PUMP(kin)ED.

Back to back nights of power metal goodness with Helloween. Managed to score good seats for LA and great seats for San Fran. I couldn't pass on LA. So excited to finally see Kiske and Hansen on stage as part of Helloween doing the Keeper 1 and 2 material. Been a diehard since 88!  :metal

:metal :metal :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1753 on: October 02, 2022, 06:41:11 PM »
Well, I'm PUMP(kin)ED.

Whereabouts is your seat for the LA show?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1754 on: October 03, 2022, 12:20:43 PM »
Center section, row Q, on the aisle. Was going to go closer on the side, but decided to go with the clearest view and probable better sound. A friend is flying in for both LA and SF with me. And the choices for two seats together over the weekend, after the ticket sales were open for a bit, was limited. But still, LA will be great. The best seats are our SF seats though. Dead center, front row of the loge at The Warfield. Totally clear view.

I toyed for a minute getting the floor/pit in LA. But remembering how bad the crowd was (as in obnoxious) for Fates Warning in Hollywood a few years back, I opted for seats. I'm too old (and way too short) to deal with pointless drama and tall dudes blocking my view.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1756 on: October 17, 2022, 12:35:53 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGOyhJBpy3U

WOW!

Will. Not. Watch. I want to see "Skyfall" for myself live in June (and hopefully as much Keeper 1 and Keeper 2 material as possible).

www.roadstomadness.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1757 on: October 17, 2022, 12:58:02 PM »
Well, it was just the opening track of the show, and it was amazing. I've watched a lot of their tour already.
Kiske was struggling for a bit a month or so ago, but he's much stronger here.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1758 on: October 17, 2022, 01:15:11 PM »
Oh, I know. I just want to experience it for myself. I'm glad you posted it though. Hyped up!

If the setlist is carried over to 2023, I'll be pleased. Five from Keeper 2, one from Keeper 1, and Skyfall. I'm good with that. Would like one more from Keeper 1, but I'll take this.

www.roadstomadness.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1759 on: December 09, 2022, 01:03:46 PM »
Just ordered my Christmas gift which was...

HELLOWEEN TICKETS!!!!

I'm actually excited to see Hammerfall. They did a lot to get me back into metal after taking a break for my kids' early years. They also kicked a lot of other bands' asses to get back into gear.
I know 60% of the band has changed since Legacy/Renegade, but I'm thrilled to see Joacim Cans live.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 03:56:52 PM by TAC »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1760 on: December 09, 2022, 01:06:56 PM »
 :metal :metal :metal
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1763 on: March 21, 2023, 04:15:58 PM »
I hope it's gonna be a more collaborative effort this time around. The self titled, lack of fantasy for the title aside, was good but it was essentially a modern era Helloween album (Helloween as we knew them before the reunion) with a Hansen epic and Kiske singing as well. I hope that now that they know each other even better it's gonna really sound like a full "pumpkins united" effort!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1764 on: March 21, 2023, 04:22:49 PM »
I actually watched that interview yesterday. I almost posted a link too..

It didn't come across as anything was imminent as far as new material. This is a clickbait internet article.

Seems Helloween is starting to pop their heads out of the sand with the tour picking back up. They had a press release about tickets being available now for the US tour, and Hammerfall recently released a lyric video for one of the recent songs.

Offline devieira73

« Reply #1765 on: March 22, 2023, 09:09:47 AM »
I admit that I didn't saw the video, I've only read the what it was highlighted, but I got the impression that at least they are planning to record a new album, which is really nice and I think it was the first time that they said that. Sure, it seems that they are at the very early stages of that.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1766 on: March 22, 2023, 09:20:39 AM »
I admit that I didn't saw the video, I've only read the what it was highlighted, but I got the impression that at least they are planning to record a new album, which is really nice and I think it was the first time that they said that. Sure, it seems that they are at the very early stages of that.

He was asked if there was any writing going on for a next album, and he mentioned that Kai has been writing more stuff. He said Kai contacted him recently to send him a demo of a song he was working on and that it had a Queen vibe to it. He hoped the band would have the "balls" to do it.

It was just really general in nature. It's actually an excellent interview and he was quite forthcoming on a lot of stuff. It wasn't some generic interview at all.

He did mention that there were plans for a third Unisonic album but with Gus G instead of Kai (who was busy at the time).

Offline devieira73

« Reply #1767 on: March 22, 2023, 11:56:54 AM »
I see... well, let's hope for another album, the last one was amazing.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1768 on: March 22, 2023, 05:27:08 PM »
He did mention that there were plans for a third Unisonic album but with Gus G instead of Kai (who was busy at the time).

Wow, this would be awesome.

Also, seems like Gamma Ray might be no more.  That's a damn shame if that is the case, but you can't fault Kai for making Helloween the priority.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #1769 on: March 24, 2023, 01:53:57 PM »
Ladies and gentemen, I struck absolute GOLD today. We were offered an interview with "one member of Helloween" to promote the upcoming North American tour. I didn't know who I was going to get, but on Monday I got the confirmation that it would be with Sascha Gertsner. Not my choice, by any stretch. I had questions for him, joined the call...and instead of Sascha, Michael Kiske was there!!!! I had to think on my feet and adapt the questions here and there, but can't complain. Michael has been an idol of mine since 1988, and it was awesome talking to him!!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1770 on: March 24, 2023, 02:24:40 PM »
That's awesome!!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1771 on: March 24, 2023, 07:48:10 PM »
Michael was interviewed on the Sea Of Tranquility's channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZtvkTI-COI

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1772 on: March 24, 2023, 08:14:36 PM »
That's awesome Rodrigo!!  :metal

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1773 on: March 25, 2023, 02:30:57 AM »
Congrats Rodrigo!  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #1774 on: March 29, 2023, 04:49:41 PM »
Here it is everyone...hope you like it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l3bSrjnIO8

Any views, likes, comments, shares and subscribes are a way to support our site, and costs ZERO dollars. If you could help me with that, it would be much appreciated!

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1775 on: March 30, 2023, 09:10:25 AM »
Here it is everyone...hope you like it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l3bSrjnIO8

Any views, likes, comments, shares and subscribes are a way to support our site, and costs ZERO dollars. If you could help me with that, it would be much appreciated!

This is really great. Thank you, Rodrigo. Watching it now. Love Kiske.  :metal

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #1776 on: March 30, 2023, 09:17:16 AM »

This is really great. Thank you, Rodrigo. Watching it now. Love Kiske.  :metal

Thanks!!!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1777 on: April 12, 2023, 04:43:50 PM »
Rodrigo, I've been meaning to go back to this...

If you didn't know that Kiske was going to be there until you literally opened the call, then I have to say that you did a great job with it. I assume a lot of the questions could be addressed generally to anyone in the band, about the tour, the last album, but you were really good here, especially mentioning things like Instant Clarity, Place Vendome, and Supared.

I also think Kiske helped you out a lot too because he was in a great mood, and seemed generally loosened up. Not sure in what order you got him in that day, but he was sufficiently warmed up and quite talkative.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #1778 on: April 12, 2023, 05:56:41 PM »
Rodrigo, I've been meaning to go back to this...

If you didn't know that Kiske was going to be there until you literally opened the call, then I have to say that you did a great job with it. I assume a lot of the questions could be addressed generally to anyone in the band, about the tour, the last album, but you were really good here, especially mentioning things like Instant Clarity, Place Vendome, and Supared.

I also think Kiske helped you out a lot too because he was in a great mood, and seemed generally loosened up. Not sure in what order you got him in that day, but he was sufficiently warmed up and quite talkative.

Thanks! Yeah, he was great. If I knew it was going to be him, I'd have more direct questions, maybe about the time when they did Pink Bubbles and Chameleon, two albums that did not go well with the fans. I was prepared for Sascha and had a lot of questions about guitar solos, writing an album with three guitar players etc. Luckily I knew about his other projects.

If you want to see me facing a VERY challenging interviewee, check out the one I did with Kip Winger. He takes his sweet time to come up with his replies, and seems to be disengaged and not willing to talk. He warmed up to it on the second half of our chat.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1779 on: April 12, 2023, 06:50:49 PM »
Thanks! Yeah, he was great. If I knew it was going to be him, I'd have more direct questions, maybe about the time when they did Pink Bubbles and Chameleon, two albums that did not go well with the fans.

He actually talked about that time period with the Metal Voice guys.

If you want to see me facing a VERY challenging interviewee, check out the one I did with Kip Winger.

Not a chance!   :rollin
That'd be too challenging for the viewer. :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1780 on: April 13, 2023, 06:34:48 AM »

If you want to see me facing a VERY challenging interviewee, check out the one I did with Kip Winger. He takes his sweet time to come up with his replies, and seems to be disengaged and not willing to talk. He warmed up to it on the second half of our chat.

I thought he (and the interview) was fine ..........he seemed a bit tired/under the weather but he's always been very low key and considered in his interviews.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1781 on: April 13, 2023, 08:27:02 AM »
re: Kip Winger

I interviewed him twice over the years. Once during the promotion cycle for Winger IV, and the other for Karma. Great guy, very engaging and thoughtful answers. I think you may have caught him on a bad day.

Anyway, stoked for the Helloween tour!  :metal

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1782 on: May 04, 2023, 05:28:43 AM »
https://youtu.be/GwXOdqC8jTU

Proshot Monsters of Rock concert from last month.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1783 on: May 04, 2023, 07:21:47 AM »
https://youtu.be/GwXOdqC8jTU

Proshot Monsters of Rock concert from last month.

I literally watched this entire show yesterday. Three more weeks. I'm so psyched!

A little bummed that there'll be no surprises in the setlist. I know this is an abbreviated setlist, but even the full set list they've played so far has a few new tracks and every other track they played on the Pumpkins United show. They only part that was altered was the Kai part, which still kicks ass.
Kiske sounds pretty damned good here.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1784 on: May 21, 2023, 09:46:06 PM »
Just got back.

Pics and a review tomorrow after work.

WOW!!